March 28, 2024, 08:44:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: college baseball  (Read 31506 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 08:10:44 AM »

It's the College World Series and no chat?!!  Someone, anyone watching it? 

Who you like?  Texas, LSU, ASU, Arkansas?

I don't know that much about baseball so tell me strengths, weaknesses and who is going to take it all?

FYI it's going to get real hot for the championship games.... all next week in mid 90s.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 09:41:56 AM »

i have been on vacation for 1 glorious week (back to the grind yesterday...yuck) so that is why i have been missing the discussion!!! i have caught all 3 of ark games(woo pig sooie) 1 a blow-out by us, 1 a big bust to lsu and the nail bitter 13 inning come from behind, most amazing game i have seen, against virginia!!! now all we have
to do is beat lsu twice in a row!!! lsu and texas are machines!
bean,.....stay away from our coach ...he really made some exceptional moves in that last game that allowed us to win.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 11:57:18 PM »

This years' CWS has had some of the best games I have ever seen. It has been so exciting to watch!
Tonight I watched TX and ASU, and it was just an incredible game that ended with lots of drama. Unbelievable!

I just love college baseball. It's so pure, compared to MLB.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »

well the dream ends! at least we did our usual 9th inning scoring even tho it didn't make a difference!! 14-5....hard to make up that!! ark used 8 pitchers...they were spent from the epic 12 inning virginia game....talk about drama...that game was a clasic!
down to the 2 machines....lsu and texas just like i knew it would!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 02:45:29 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3mHhn1NZ2I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/v3mHhn1NZ2I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wTw1RTrwITs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/wTw1RTrwITs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 03:46:58 PM »

Welcome texasmom! It's great to see a Longhorn fan here on the sports thread!!

Stick around for football season!

I like Texas too, but I have to go with my SEC team.....LSU!

Geaux Tigers!

This is gonna be a great series! These two teams are very evenly matched. It just doesn't get any better for college baseball fans!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »

It is going to be scorching hot guys.  Upper 90s to lower 100s for the games.  Luckily both these teams are conditioned for this.  I feel sorry for the fans.    

I am not sure who to root for.  I normally go with the Big 12.  LSU has deep roots with the CWS and the fans have won over Nebraskans.  Many come up here every year for vacation even if LSU isn't playing.  So for now I am rooting for both.

Cuz, your team went very proud and have no reason to be ashamed.  Hope they enjoyed their stay.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 03:41:44 PM »

This years' CWS has had some of the best games I have ever seen. It has been so exciting to watch!
Tonight I watched TX and ASU, and it was just an incredible game that ended with lots of drama. Unbelievable!

I just love college baseball. It's so pure, compared to MLB.
That's two games they got use in the 9th inning! Congrads TX!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 01:30:51 AM »

Welcome texasmom! It's great to see a Longhorn fan here on the sports thread!!

Stick around for football season!

I like Texas too, but I have to go with my SEC team.....LSU!

Geaux Tigers!

This is gonna be a great series! These two teams are very evenly matched. It just doesn't get any better for college baseball fans!

Thanks pdh3!  Your team won tonight, congrats!

Felt for the kids on both teams with the heat, but they say it's only going to be hotter there tomorrow.

Hook 'em Horns!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 07:12:56 AM »

Tx Mom you are right - hotter today. I have my air on and I can feel it already.  Humid as hell.  Local news just said feels like temps of 105 to 110.  Heat doesn't really peak here until about 5 which is when they are getting ready to play.  Here's to lots of water.  How many fans drank and then went to the park?  That's where it gets dangerous!! 

Great game last night.  Both teams deserving.  Loved it.  Good luck all.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »

The Texas - LSU game is exciting for me ~ Connor Rowe, the Texas player, was one of my students way back when he was in middle school!  Kind of cool . . . hey, it's the closest I'll ever come to knowing someone *famous*!  hee. 

Of course, I was rooting for TCU so I had to settle for Texas!   
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »

That is really cool tcumom.  Makes ya proud.  Looks like TX will get the W tonight and there will be a tiebreaker championship game.  Great college series this year.  Competitive games.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 11:59:59 PM »

OH MY OH MY OH MY!

That Texas pitcher was something else!  What an ERA!

It just doesn't get any better than this! On to Game # 3!

Congrats to Texas for staying alive tonight. Another stellar performance by a college pitcher!

tcumom - How neat to see a former student playing in the game of his life! So exciting!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 06:53:04 AM »

oh oh  weather not looking good for tonight guys

Heat index 105 again and major chance of thunderstorms tonight.  This is coming from the weather guys so anything can happen. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 12:09:27 AM »

Congrats to the LSU team, coaches, and their awesome fans; they get the win and the title.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 09:20:28 PM »

LSU just seemed destined to win this year. But boy, what a ride the last two weeks has been for college baseball fans!

I hated to see it end, but maybe I can get to bed on time tonight!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 01:29:19 AM »

Congrads to LSU. Sounds like the last 4 teams could have won it all. All the games seemed to have great come backs. Very exciting!!!
Texasmom- glad to see you've been using the Shelties. I remember talking to you about Kiwi and your Shelties back when you first joined SM. What was that like 5000 posts ago? Good job! Join us in Sports we could always use some fans from Texas. So what college team would it be?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 02:20:09 AM »

Congrads to LSU. Sounds like the last 4 teams could have won it all. All the games seemed to have great come backs. Very exciting!!!
Texasmom- glad to see you've been using the Shelties. I remember talking to you about Kiwi and your Shelties back when you first joined SM. What was that like 5000 posts ago? Good job! Join us in Sports we could always use some fans from Texas. So what college team would it be?

Kiwi, CBB has been kind enough to dress my girls up for every holiday.  I need to send her some new pics for the next one!  She does an awesome job.  Since Scout (left) and Prissy (right) are usually right under my feet here I think it's only right to have them on my avi!  Yes, it's been a while since we talked about Kiwi; hope he's doing great!  This is actually my second time to be a member here, I got locked out after one of the crashes and didn't get back in until 2007!

College Football ~ Texas Longhorns

Hook 'em!   

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »

Time to revive this thread!

Auburn is headed to the SEC Baseball Tournament on Memorial Day weekend!!! Then it's on to the NCAA!!!  We haven't had a postseason game since 2003, so the resurrection of our baseball team is very exciting. New coach, great hitters, lots of fun!

We're ranked #16!!!

Calling all college baseball fans to join in. It's tournament time!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2010, 05:55:45 PM »

It's very lonely around here!

Auburn men won the Western Division of the SEC!!!!!!! On to the SEC Tourney, and the NCAA!!

Auburn Women are in the NCAA Tournament and are playing GA Tech right now.....loser goes home...

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.