March 29, 2024, 05:42:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President George W.Bush Signs the US - Mexican Border Fence  (Read 3449 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: October 26, 2006, 04:19:29 PM »

President George W.Bush Signs the US - Mexican Border Fence Bill … its a Start … Kinda

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/10/26/president-george-wbush-signs-the-us-mexican-border-fence-bill-its-a-start/

Border security is an important topic as it deals with the issue of illegal immigration and national security. If politicians do not think that this issue does not resonate with the electorate they best think again. If you do not think this will be an issue in 2006 and especially in 2008, you are foolish.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »

Sure do hope there will be a 'rock solid' fence and not a lot of these 'Virtual Fences' that some are talking about.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 03:35:03 AM »

Mr. Red and Mr. Carnut,

With all due respect ...

Many years ago the CA-Baja,MX border had flimsy fences covered with coiled barbed wire at the top. People wore protective gear, crossed over the wire and dropped their gear on the US side.

I studied foreign languages at Pasadena City College from 1962 - 1964. There were many foreign students with study visas. EVERY ONE of those students knew when their visas expired, no government entity would follow up. They were only trying to attain a better life and the Immigration Dept. was busy with other things.

America was founded on the very best principles, welcoming immigrants from everywhere. We trusted people and people were trustworthy. Times have changed. I agree border security is critical. But the government has been asleep for over 40 years and it will take time before we can seal the borders. It will take years to build that fence. Not to mention that terrorists have learned not to come through borders. A lot of them are here already.

Immigrants from Mexico are a different subject. California would shut down without Mexicans. They are warm and gracious people who are willing to work hard and work long hours to get ahead.

If I've said too much. Mr. Red, please don't boot me.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 09:27:44 AM »

LV... it's not that we don't think that 98% of the Mexicans aren't good, hard working people.  It  is that even according to Klaasend - who lives in CA and worked for a hospital for a long time, that they are burdening our system.  Many hospitals are having to shut down because they use the ER as a doctor's office.  They are creating great costs to MR & MRS US Taxpayer - and do you know what Mexico's biggest import is?  Our dollar!  They send the money back to Mexico...

Believe it or not, CA would function with out illegals, heck New England does... (LOL...) I am semi-serious here.  

The issue is that the illegals are breaking our backs...

and you won't get booted for not agreeing .. that is a myth!!!  It's fun to discuss things with someone who has a different view point... and I know that you will be respectful which is really all that we ask...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 03:17:21 AM »

Mrs. Red,

You wrote "They are creating great costs to MR & MRS US Taxpayer - and do you know what Mexico's biggest import is? Our dollar! They send the money back to Mexico..."

Did they work for that dollar or not? I know you would agree they did. They didn't steal it. Someone paid them.

I know the solution to this conundrum.
Companies in the United States should cease hiring illegal workers. Voila! This will stop the dollar export situation in its tracks! American companies don't want to do this. I cannot fathom in my wildest imagination that this will ever happen.  It is an economic, political and humanitarian issue.

Then you have to boil it down to the "consumer" level wherein gardeners and maids and car washers work for a pittance. They work hard and send most of their earnings back to MX to support their families. They have a strong work ethic. The more I think about it, the more I feel that their innate human instincts, traditional family values and less jaded ethics are at work here. It is a sad situation all around.

I believe ya when you say New England functions well without Mexicans. You are far north. I'm 100% serious when I say that CA would shut down without illegal Mexicans. Trust me.

Yes, illegal Mexicans use the ER instead of going to MDs. Because of their illegal status, they cannot apply for Medical and food stamps. When anyone is seriously ill, it is a basic human instinct to seek medical help.

Please consider the contributions of illegal Mexicans that benefit you.
I went to Rochester, NY. I was amazed at the produce section in the supermarkets. Far much better than the produce we have in CA. I asked the store manager where this wonderful produce comes from. He said, "CA." So those of you on the east coast benefit from the illegal Mexicans who work the fields here. The best of our produce is exported to your area. So when you buy beautiful tomatoes, wonderful pure celery, crisp lettuce, sweet radishes, cabbage, carrots, green peppers, etc., please know where they came from and who worked the fields to harvest them for the lowest wages possible.

Terrorism
I cannot remember hearing about any Mexican terrorist before or after September 11. Be that as it may, times have changed and Radical Islamists have recruited Hispanics to morph Islamists into Hispanics via astute language and intensive cultural immersion so that they can cross over borders more easily. We are busy looking for Arabic speakers and now must forget about that and focus on FAUX Mexicans.

September 11 affected all aspects of our lives. I'm telling you, my head is spinning. I don't know what to do about it and I don't have any solutions. We just need Mexicans here. I have heard again (many years after Cesar Chavez boycotted the fields in order to organize The United Farm Workers Union) that crops are rotting in the fields because of this issue. Prices will go up. And if that fence is built, forget about produce.

Peace out. With love.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 06:49:52 PM »

LV... I understand your point... and I agree somewhat.  I do... but the problem that people are having is that the illegals are getting services that they shouldn't... for instance, why should illegals be allowed to vote?  

In so many states kids can't go to college because they can't pay for it but illegals are getting free educations...

these are the problems that people are having...

also LV, terrorists in the Al Queda sense of the word may not be crossing the borders, but drugs are...and IMO it's a form of terrorism.....

I am just talking about the reasons that people are getting fed up...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 10:09:24 PM »

Mrs. Red,

I love to discuss with you and I learn a lot.

For example, I didn't know illegal aliens are allowed to vote. And why would they want to vote anyway? I didn't know Americans can't go to college because illegals are getting free educations instead of them. An illegal alien can get funding as opposed to a poverty stricken Black American?

My theory is that government, state or city entities did not pay any attention years ago before the various situations became extreme. In Los Angeles in the 60s, the LAPD did nothing to take weapons away from gangs. It was their constitutional right to bear arms. Drugs such as heroin were coming into America a long time ago. Billie Holiday in Harlem was a heroin addict. So was Ray Charles and Johnny Cash. It took a hell of a long time before the DEA got seriously involved. Now it's too late.

Drugs, gangs and illegal aliens have existed for a long time. Why has it taken so long for people to get fed up? It's too late.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 10:50:37 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Mrs. Red,

I love to discuss with you and I learn a lot.

For example, I didn't know illegal aliens are allowed to vote. And why would they want to vote anyway? I didn't know Americans can't go to college because illegals are getting free educations instead of them. An illegal alien can get funding as opposed to a poverty stricken Black American?

My theory is that government, state or city entities did not pay any attention years ago before the various situations became extreme. In Los Angeles in the 60s, the LAPD did nothing to take weapons away from gangs. It was their constitutional right to bear arms. Drugs such as heroin were coming into America a long time ago. Billie Holiday in Harlem was a heroin addict. So was Ray Charles and Johnny Cash. It took a hell of a long time before the DEA got seriously involved. Now it's too late.

Drugs, gangs and illegal aliens have existed for a long time. Why has it taken so long for people to get fed up? It's too late.

I don't think it's ever too late to do something about a continuing problem.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 12:34:56 AM »

Ya mean like what we are doing in Iraq? Just like the drug cartel system? In both areas, the situation is bigger than we are. Period. There will be no victories for us.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.