April 30, 2024, 07:22:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conyers weighing probe of ACORN - Defies Own Party  (Read 1670 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 31, 2009, 10:12:29 PM »

Opponents of the liberal activist group ACORN have found an unlikely champion in House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers Jr., who is clashing with his own party to pursue hearings on accusations that the group has committed crimes ranging from voter fraud to a mob-style "protection" racket.

"I still want to do it and I probably will," Mr. Conyers, Michigan Democrat, told The Washington Times on Tuesday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/01/conyers-weighing-probe-of-acorn/

BOR had this on tonight.  Apparently he will have a big special tomorrow.   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »

Congratulations to Fox Cable News's Bill O'Reilly for reporting on "The O'Reilly Factor" on March 31, 2009 what the mainstream media did not report during the 2008 presidential election campaign or since: that < i>The New York Times chose NOT to report what it had learned about ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), then Democrat presidential candidate Obama and the Obama presidential campaign.

read more here -
http://www.webcommentary.com/asp/ShowArticle.asp?id=gaynorm&date=090331

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »

Democrats Kill Provision in AmeriCorps Bill that Would Keep Funds from ACORN
By Matthew Vadum on 3.30.09 @ 11:15PM

currently under federal investigation, and this is simply not the sort of organization that should be funded by taxpayer dollars. Although this bill prevents the use of funds for political activities, a loophole exists that would allow volunteers sponsored by the federal government to work on behalf of ACORN, freeing up ACORN workers to engage in voter registration activities. The fact that ACORN has been caught engaging in a number of suspect activities is of even more concern. [emphasis added]

read more here -
http://spectator.org/blog/2009/03/30/democrats-kill-provision-in-am

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.