April 18, 2024, 12:54:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is that good-looking Republican Congressman?  (Read 5522 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: March 31, 2009, 03:45:54 PM »

Meghan McCain writes onThe Daily Beast about a subject near and dear to Huffington Post: GOP Congressman Aaron Schock. Aside from pointing out her surprise that a GOP Congressman could be such a looker (she was sure Schock would be a democrat at first), McCain draws a comparison between him and her much much older father, pointing out that Schock "can relay a message in ways my father never could".

Schock's rapid rise to the national level is, if nothing else, interesting, especially given the serious soul-searching the Republican Party is experiencing. My father, had he won, would have been the oldest president in history elected to a first term. He was often criticized because of the generational gap between him and young voters. Schock should play his youth to his advantage, and so should the GOP. In a party stereotyped as one for old, white men, Schock has made a marked impression on my generation's zeitgeist--even if it was unintentional.

McCain also believes the 27-year old hottie from Illinois is exactly what the GOP needs right now:

Schock's youth allows him to be more attached to my (our) generation, yet he has not oversaturated himself in the media, making him all the more intriguing. With that comes much power; I encourage Schock, and the Republican Party, to embrace his age and his political convictions to continue to communicate conservative ideals to a growing audience.

Want more on Aaron Schock?

See the poll that confirmed his hotness.

Read Schock's "thank you" to HuffPost readers.

Watch Schock discuss his abs on TMZ.

LINK

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 05:57:34 PM »

Meghan McCain writes onThe Daily Beast about a subject near and dear to Huffington Post: GOP Congressman Aaron Schock. Aside from pointing out her surprise that a GOP Congressman could be such a looker (she was sure Schock would be a democrat at first), McCain draws a comparison between him and her much much older father, pointing out that Schock "can relay a message in ways my father never could".

Schock's rapid rise to the national level is, if nothing else, interesting, especially given the serious soul-searching the Republican Party is experiencing. My father, had he won, would have been the oldest president in history elected to a first term. He was often criticized because of the generational gap between him and young voters. Schock should play his youth to his advantage, and so should the GOP. In a party stereotyped as one for old, white men, Schock has made a marked impression on my generation's zeitgeist--even if it was unintentional.

McCain also believes the 27-year old hottie from Illinois is exactly what the GOP needs right now:

Schock's youth allows him to be more attached to my (our) generation, yet he has not oversaturated himself in the media, making him all the more intriguing. With that comes much power; I encourage Schock, and the Republican Party, to embrace his age and his political convictions to continue to communicate conservative ideals to a growing audience.

Want more on Aaron Schock?

See the poll that confirmed his hotness.

Read Schock's "thank you" to HuffPost readers.

Watch Schock discuss his abs on TMZ.

LINK

MICKEY MOUSE Could Have Run Against Mc Cain & Beat Em ................

Thank You George Bush .............

The Dems Will Break This Country & Repubs Will Waltz Back In Power ...

Thank You Obama

I Am Covering Shorts & Laughing All The Way To The Bank ...

Thank You Clinton

Shorted Citibank @ 47 Covered @ 2 .... Bought Citibank @ 1 Sold @ 3.50

Thank You Me

We Did'nt Land On Plymouth Rock........Plymouth Rock Landed On Us .......
Malcolm X ..........
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »

Widget, do you think George Bush really cares or cared about the Republican Party and his fellow Republicans? Did he play (use) the religious right? Did he and Cheney really think through the long-term consequences for Republicans in this country?

I remember that a lot of people thought the Republican Party was dead after Watergate but that certainly turned out to not be true.

President Obama has a lot on his Presidential plate and any President will have to face sharp criticism no matter what he does but if the President is anything less than a miracle-maker with the mess left him by Bush and in his first four years, there won't be a second four years and the pendulum just might swing back toward the right.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.