April 28, 2024, 03:56:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #538 10/26 - 10/29/2005  (Read 117189 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2006, 01:56:24 PM »

msmarple,  the statements were translated from papiamento to dutch by the officers.  Then, from dutch to english by bfn or klaas or whomever.  Getting text in pap will be a challenge, I would imagine.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2006, 02:00:04 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "msmarple"

Well Mrs. Red, Red his personal self came on board and revealed exactly who *kbm* is (an unusal event in and of itself). Then we had many posts challenging that identity, up to and including an accusation of being *SandraK*.  We had demands for additional personal information from him. We had posts claiming that *kbm" was sent here to distract us.

I don't know why *kbm* wanted to come here. I wish I knew. We don't exactly have an audience in Aruba.

My insight is that we need to get hard facts to the "normal" people there. The dialogue has been convoluted at best, and orchestrated by the wrong people at worst.

I certainly don't expect that coming here every day and patting ourselves on the back is going to accomplish much.

What is puzzling to me is that Jossy Mansur has the biggest newspaper on the island.  How hard is it to put a link in his paper requesting the Aruban people to view the statements on this site.  If they don't have access to a computer maybe he can show one statement in his paper for the people to read and judge for themselves.

Since we do not know where these statements were acquired or from whom, perhaps legally, he may have reservations.  I understand what you are saying, San, but I'm just thinking of his position and their laws.  Of course, the statements in Dutch would be easily read by most Arubans, I would think, if he has them at hand.  

Hope I'm making sense. Shocked

If he is worried about their laws how about a simple add in his paper saying if you would like to learn more about the Natalee Holloway case and what the Americans think please visit www.scaredmonkeys.com or www.scaredmonkeys.net.  We don't have to mention the statements I'm sure they will find them.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2006, 02:05:20 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Quote from: "San"

What is puzzling to me is that Jossy Mansur has the biggest newspaper on the island.  How hard is it to put a link in his paper requesting the Aruban people to view the statements on this site.  If they don't have access to a computer maybe he can show one statement in his paper for the people to read and judge for themselves.

San - I would like to pursue this; have thought about it before but not acted on it. (For one thing, I need to know how to contact Jossy.)

I think we would need to make people WANT to do some reading. Maybe some ads. I will PAY for them.

We need to pick the most viable, attention-demanding aspect of the statements. I mentioned two in my earlier post; suggestions welcome. We need them correctly translated into Pap, and also use the exact same text in the Dutch versions.

Then include the links to the appropriate supporting statements in the ad.

My suggestion: the back seat of the cop car conversation by the 3 suspects.  If you can put this together, I will chip in on the costs.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2006, 02:06:22 PM »

Has Jossy ever plugged SM?  I, personally don't know or recall.  

I do know he has supported Natalee/her family & resolution to the case.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2006, 02:10:05 PM »

msmarple,  the statements were translated from papiamento to dutch by the officers.  Then, from dutch to english by bfn or klaas or whomever.  Getting text in pap will be a challenge, I would imagine.

Yeah, I know. But it would not be much in any given ad - just the conflicting sentences from several statements, for example.

Maybe I am wrong about this, but I think Papiameno is the most widely-spoken language? Because most of the papers seem to be in Pap?

Does EVERYONE there speak Dutch? If so, that makes it a little simpler - we have the Dutch versions; Klaas can find the sentences we need.

If I don't get back to this today, it isn't because I'm having a hissy.  Laughing  My weekend is starting early and elsewhere!

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2006, 02:15:20 PM »

Ms. Marple, et al, I am glad to hear you guys are going to have a nice weekend out of town.  My weekend is just beginning too.  I am packing up to go to hospital.  That little problem that just never stopped has exacerbated to the point my doctor is being very demanding.  I hope to see you guys next week but for now, what seemed like a chronic nag has become an acute problem and will need to be treated, but I am sure it is no big worry; if it had been, it would not be going on this long.  

Take care, Monkeys.  Will see you all back next week, for sure.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2006, 02:19:09 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Ms. Marple, et al, I am glad to hear you guys are going to have a nice weekend out of town.  My weekend is just beginning too.  I am packing up to go to hospital.  That little problem that just never stopped has exacerbated to the point my doctor is being very demanding.  I hope to see you guys next week but for now, what seemed like a chronic nag has become an acute problem and will need to be treated, but I am sure it is no big worry; if it had been, it would not be going on this long.  

OMG, I'm so sorry. Please try keep us posted someway? I am SO SURE hospitals all have internet connections in every room these days ...

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2006, 02:27:25 PM »

Oh tylergal, please do take care!  (((((hugs))))) and prayers for you!!!!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2006, 02:29:32 PM »

You take care too Tylergal.  You're in our prayers.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2006, 02:34:31 PM »

Tyler ~ please take care, I will miss you ..... sending good thoughts and many prayers your way! :::hugs:::
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2006, 02:36:04 PM »

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

YA THINK????

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2006, 02:39:11 PM »

Tylergal - I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and have to go to the hospital.  Please get well soon.  {{{HUGS}}

If you get bored, maybe someone can bring you a laptop  Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2006, 02:41:08 PM »

Actually, most of the statements were not initially in Pap, many were Dutch and some were English.

By the way, someone did post a link to the statements in the Diario forum  Wink
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »

God bless and keep you... will be in my prayers!  See you next week!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2006, 02:57:07 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Actually, most of the statements were not initially in Pap, many were Dutch and some were English.

By the way, someone did post a link to the statements in the Diario forum  Wink

I guess I was recalling the lines stating this was taken in (English,Spanish, Papiamento, etc) and translated to Dutch, by whomever.  When msmarple mentioned papiamento, that seemed impossible to me...guess FOM found that to be a understatement...LOL, thus the  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Good that there is a link in the Diario forum... Wink

I started off this AM trying to start a discussion about the statements and for whatever reason, I don't think my posts have been clear since.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

NJmom... that is because the statements are so dern inconsistent that trying to talk about them is a task in and of itself... Twisted Evil

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2006, 03:10:26 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Paulus:

Part of that was making sure the boys did not panic
because they were unfamiliar with the procedure. I especially wanted to
prevent that they would make statements that were untrue. In the situation
they found themselves with a police and judicial apparatus that was under
enormous pressure that was not unthinkable

Concerned father?  Oh yeah - he was afraid one of them would tell the TRUTH - what a concept - the truth.

Why would they PANIC just because they were unfamiliar with the procedure?  What would they have to PANIC about?  At that time he was afraid one or more of them were gonna crack...POS!!!! Evil or Very Mad

If they had been honest and cooperative from the beginning, the "procedure" wouldn't have been scary and caused a panic.  They lied because they are hiding something.  They kept telling stories, but only part of those stories are true.  They haven't told us what they did with Natalee yet.  I hope they panic again and again every time they see someone or something that reminds them of what they did and that the world is still watching, waiting for them to pay for it.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2006, 03:21:16 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
NJmom... that is because the statements are so dern inconsistent that trying to talk about them is a task in and of itself... Twisted Evil

name games and hide the salami.....

i think i am confused...
no wait
i am  not....
 Rolling Eyes

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2006, 03:31:19 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "mrs. red"

name games and hide the salami.....

i think i am confused...
no wait
i am  not....
 Rolling Eyes

take the toothpaste and run is more like it.... Laughing

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2006, 03:39:50 PM »

Tyler. You're in my prayers.

Hurry home. Please

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.