April 28, 2024, 03:03:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #538 10/26 - 10/29/2005  (Read 117184 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: October 29, 2006, 05:22:14 PM »

Frijole - I agree but I still think it's a good thing it was on, even though it was old news and simply for ratings.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: October 29, 2006, 05:32:27 PM »

ANY media exposure at this point is a good thing. I know that people I have talked to have NOT forgotten the case, and being reminded of it brings up for them a lot of discussion. People are wanting to know WHAT HAPPENED and are not of a mood to let it lie, even if they aren't as involved as we are.

I personally don't see media coverage as necessarily "bad", IF it is handled right.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
kuoka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #782 on: October 29, 2006, 05:35:05 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
While I was gone my normally sedate son turned into an angry kitty with a machine gun?

What when on here while I was out of town?  Shocked  Laughing

Meow  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

They say don't talk about someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes. But if you do, at least you'll be ahead of them AND have their shoes! Smile
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: October 29, 2006, 05:37:47 PM »

Quote from: "sb"

I personally don't see media coverage as necessarily "bad", IF it is handled right.

I agree. Never know who is going to flip the channel into Greta's show and get interested in the case.  Never know if seeing this recap will stimulate someone to provide new leads or refute any misinformation.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: October 29, 2006, 05:39:39 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Frijole - I agree but I still think it's a good thing it was on, even though it was old news and simply for ratings.

Sure, I just wish she would air more showing how things like the witness statements etc... certainly more newsworthy ya know?!  Wonder why they aren't touching those?  Must be a legal thing.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: October 29, 2006, 05:43:33 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

Sure, I just wish she would air more showing how things like the witness statements etc... certainly more newsworthy ya know?!  Wonder why they aren't touching those?  Must be a legal thing.

Probably.  I'm sure this show was put together months ago too.
lowsw
Scared Monkey

« Reply #786 on: October 29, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »

Repeat or not, it just may be the first time some have seen the show or even heard about Natalee.  Could very spark some new interest as well as well as remind those that might have moved on that this is not over yet and will not be until resolution is finally attained.

God Bless Natalee
Prayers for Natalee and her families
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: October 29, 2006, 05:45:40 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

I agree. Never know who is going to flip the channel into Greta's show and get interested in the case.  Never know if seeing this recap will stimulate someone to provide new leads or refute any misinformation.

Then air the show in prime time during the week, not on a Sunday afternoon where viewership is poor at best.
Remember the last time Great discussed the case she said she believed Joran, and sarcasticly said she and Tacopina and JQK should go to Aruba and solve the case. I know she meant it as a joke, but I lost a great deal of respect for her after that.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: October 29, 2006, 05:46:41 PM »

Yeah, I was wondering about the 'legal thing', ya know back when Greta actually did start doing a read on some 'statements' she had received and had translated and then abrubtly stopped doing them.  I know there was other news coming on back then, but I often thought some 'legal thing' put a stop to it.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: October 29, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »

I suspect that we are going to see some renewed coverage in the case this week or afterwards with the proceedings K2 have sought about their suspect status. I think today's re-air of the summary show was the first of several reports we will be seeing. I am told there was some coverage last night but I am not sure of the details.

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: October 29, 2006, 05:51:43 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"

Then air the show in prime time during the week, not on a Sunday afternoon where viewership is poor at best.
Remember the last time Great discussed the case she said she believed Joran, and sarcasticly said she and Tacopina and JQK should go to Aruba and solve the case. I know she meant it as a joke, but I lost a great deal of respect for her after that.

Hi Dana!  Very Happy

I'm looking forward to hearing what Koch has to say tonight.  I'm going to think up some questions for him.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: October 29, 2006, 05:52:06 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Yeah, I was wondering about the 'legal thing', ya know back when Greta actually did start doing a read on some 'statements' she had received and had translated and then abrubtly stopped doing them.  I know there was other news coming on back then, but I often thought some 'legal thing' put a stop to it.

Gotta be... cuz the stuff Fox has been covering as news has been fluff at best lately.  They dropped the ball on this case as far as I am concerned.  And now that Rita is gone - no competition to make sure it stays in the news either...
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: October 29, 2006, 05:52:15 PM »

I suspect that we are going to see some renewed coverage in the case this week or afterwards with the proceedings K2 have sought about their suspect status. I think today's re-air of the summary show was the first of several reports we will be seeing. I am told there was some coverage last night but I am not sure of the details.

I hope you are right, but I think this was more of a ratings/ filler grab for Fox today.
Hyped like it was something new.
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #793 on: October 29, 2006, 05:53:07 PM »

Quote from: "kuoka"
Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "kuoka"
Quote from: "Florida"

I don't buy it for one second. If he/she is a journalist, they wouldn't have mis-spelled "your" when they mean "you're". LOL Very bad use of the english language.

Hey Kuoaka!!! Howzit going with you on this gorgeous day?

How can I tell if I've been hacked???

Aloha Mishy! I'm fantastic thanks! How are you?

Why do you think you've been hacked?

Oh and my cable modem is on the way out so I might not respond right away. LOL

Yeah...Have been wondering the same thing myself.
How can you tell if your pc has been hacked?
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: October 29, 2006, 05:53:25 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Gotta be... cuz the stuff Fox has been covering as news has been fluff at best lately.  They dropped the ball on this case as far as I am concerned.  And now that Rita is gone - no competition to make sure it stays in the news either...

Yes Rita had most of the quality reporting on this case in my opinion.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: October 29, 2006, 05:55:36 PM »

Dana - will you be taking calls before and after the interview tonight?
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: October 29, 2006, 05:56:10 PM »

probably not, very few call anyway.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: October 29, 2006, 05:56:25 PM »

Dana, this is the first time I have crossed paths with you on the forum! I appreciate all you have done.

I have my reservations about Greta, make no mistake about that. I have reasons to doubt the purity of her dedication to the family and I think others feel the same way. I would love to be proven wrong about that but I don't think it will happen.

I do have some fear that mainstream media has put the case on a back burner and I'm glad to see any mention of AT ALL at this point.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: October 29, 2006, 05:59:54 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"

probably not, very few call anyway.

This should be an interresting interview, thanks!
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: October 29, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

Dana, this is the first time I have crossed paths with you on the forum! I appreciate all you have done.

I have my reservations about Greta, make no mistake about that. I have reasons to doubt the purity of her dedication to the family and I think others feel the same way. I would love to be proven wrong about that but I don't think it will happen.

I do have some fear that mainstream media has put the case on a back burner and I'm glad to see any mention of AT ALL at this point.

Yes me too, Im just saying I dont trust Fox News' intention for the show today.
Put it on in primetime, Greta is always saying in her dopy Great wire thing that there is nothing new to report in the Holloway case. Well I think there is, you see it every day at www.scaredmonkeys.com
They can devote primetime coverage to what John Mark Karr is eating on a airplane, then they can devote primetime coverage to the Holloway case, talk about the sloppy investigation, coverup, tourism impact etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.