March 28, 2024, 05:57:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mom accused of daring teens to chug vodka  (Read 2441 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: April 01, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »

Via CBS: A mother is accused of providing alcohol to young teens at a party in Missouri and offering $10 to whomever could chug a glass of vodka the fastest.

Two girls were hospitalized.

Authorities in Kansas City say 43-year-old Karen Christine Downs (right) and 25-year-old Kelsee Guest face felony child-endangerment charges alleging they provided liquor and beer to six 13- and 14-year-olds at a February birthday party for Downs' daughter...

Authorities say girls at the party told officers Downs offered them shots and told them not to tell their parents.

While Downs allegedly offered money to the faster drinker, Guest is accused of pouring vodka shots.

MORE...

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »

What is the matter with people these days?  It's hard enough to educate young people about the danger of alcohol, without providing it and pouring it for them.  Alcohol poisoning can kill. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 12:29:36 AM »

another typical case of a parent trying to be more of a "friend" than a parent...trying to look like the cool mom....I would not even think of serving my kids nor their friend alcohol in my home when they were kids..what is wrong with these people??

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 01:11:57 AM »

This adult woman had the intelligence to know she was endangering these minors. She knew. And she chose to endanger them. She didn't "just" provide them with alcohol, she challenged them and bribed them to drink as fast as they could.

I think the article mentioned that she wanted to be popular or accepted.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.