March 29, 2024, 12:38:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQ  (Read 8098 times)
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

BBQ
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:55:21 PM »

I BBQ a whole lot and need some new recipes.  Please share.

Some BBQ fish recipes would be nice.  I have a hard time eating anything that tastes or smells fishy, so any marinades/sauces to help with that would be great.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:45:53 PM »

I cook orange roughy on the grill, and it has no fishy taste at all. It's a nice mild, white fish. Basa is also a good substitute if you can't get orange roughy.

I lay the fish out on heavy duty aluminum foil and brush generously with melted butter. Then I sprinkle each filet with TACO SEASONING from one of those packets you buy to put in  hamburger when making homemade tacos. I like Old El Paso brand, but any brand of taco seasoning will do. One package will do about 6 to 8 filets, because you want to be generous with the seasoning too. Then I sprinkle a little parsley on each filet, close the foil tightly, and lay it on the grill. I cook the fish until it is white and flakey, and slightly browned around the edges. I serve it with vegetables that I also grill while the fish is cooking. I like to grill zuchinni, yellow squash, and eggplant. I coat them in butter and sprinkle them with a mixture of celery salt, onion salt, garlic, pepper, parsley and paprika. You can either lay them right on the grill, or cook them in aluminum foil as well.
The best part is that you have no pots and pans to clean, and if you use paper plates.....almost no clean-up at all!

Edit:  typo
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 01:24:33 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »

Parsley..not parley....good grief!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:44 PM »

I cook orange roughy on the grill, and it has no fishy taste at all. It's a nice mild, white fish. Basa is also a good substitute if you can't get orange roughy.

I lay the fish out on heavy duty aluminum foil and brush generously with melted butter. Then I sprinkle each filet with TACO SEASONING from one of those packets you buy to put in  hamburger when making homemade tacos. I like Old El Paso brand, but any brand of taco seasoning will do. One package will do about 6 to 8 filets, because you want to be generous with the seasoning too. Then I sprinkle a little parsley on each filet, close the foil tightly, and lay it on the grill. I cook the fish until it is white and flakey, and slightly browned around the edges. I serve it with vegetables that I also grill while the fish is cooking. I like to grill zuchinni, yellow squash, and eggplant. I coat them in butter and sprinkle them with a mixture of celery salt, onion salt, garlic, pepper, parsley and paprika. You can either lay them right on the grill, or cook them in aluminum foil as well.
The best part is that you have no pots and pans to clean, and if you use paper plates.....almost no clean-up at all!

that sounds yummy!!!
Edit: typo
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 01:25:07 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »

Edit:  typo
Thanks.  That sounds yummy.  The only fish I really eat is haddock and I put lemon juice on it before cooking.  Never heard of orange roughy...will have a look for it.  Not easy to find fresh fish in my area.  Not from the store any way.

Oh, and I love the no clean up part! 
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »

The BBQ isn't just for fish.  It's for S'mores too.  Take two rectangles of graham crackers, one chocolate bar (about the same size as the crackers), and two or three marshmallows.  Toast the marshmallows, place on top of the chocolate, which in on top of one rectangle of cracker, and top with the 2nd cracker.  Enjoy.

Also, many years go, an old campfire favorite - "mock angel food cake" - take two inch (or there about) cubes of unsliced bread, coat with sweetened condensed milk, roll or roll not in shredded coconut, and toast over coals.  Enjoy.  (It's been a long time since I had that one)

Take one banana, slit along inner edge, stuff with chocolate pieces and marshmallows.  Enclose in alum. foil and place pointy ends up on grill.  Cook for maybe 15 minutes, let cool a few minutes, open, and enjoy.  I often thought the banana would be good served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
fmk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 01:19:10 AM »

The banana is left in the peel Whiskeygirl during the cooking part ? Also im not clear on the point ends up ?Thanks
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 10:47:50 PM »

The banana is left in the peel Whiskeygirl during the cooking part ? Also im not clear on the point ends up ?Thanks

Yes, the banana is left in the peel.  The banana is rounded, and you slit the inner side and open gently to add the fixins.  The banana is cooked pointy ends up so the 'stuffing' doesn't melt out.

The banana gets warm and soft, the peel holds the stuff together.

Does that help?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 02:55:52 AM »

Yes, the banana is left in the peel.  The banana is rounded, and you slit the inner side and open gently to add the fixins.  The banana is cooked pointy ends up so the 'stuffing' doesn't melt out.

The banana gets warm and soft, the peel holds the stuff together.

Does that help?

Oh this sounds wonderful and something my Girl Scout troop would love to make at our next camp-out!!  Thanks for sharing, WhiskeyGirl!!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 07:35:38 PM »

HELP!  My mom wants to make baby back ribs for July 4th.  Anyone have any good (and simple) ways to cook on the grill?  I've read many online but would trust my monkey friends to stear me in the right direction.  Suggestions appreciated!  Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »

HELP!  My mom wants to make baby back ribs for July 4th.  Anyone have any good (and simple) ways to cook on the grill?  I've read many online but would trust my monkey friends to stear me in the right direction.  Suggestions appreciated!  Lovinlife
Go to Chili's and pick them up because Chili's doesn't deliver.  Monkey Devil! Sorry I can't help as I don't cook.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 07:51:44 PM »

LOVIN, My son is an expert at this. Put coal on one end of grill with a aluminum pan of water on top of the grill above the coals. On the other end put the ribs. You can put anykind of BBQ seasoning you want, ( We use Paul Prudhome's Barbeque dry seasoning) but do not salt beforehand, as it dries out the ribs. If you have a cover for your grill put it over the ribs. Cook until the meat pulls away from the bone. Your can put barbeque sauce on the ribs before you take them off the grill, but watch carefully. Enjoy.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »

When in doubt I go to the internet.  We do alot of BBQing but not baby back ribs.  We do turkeys often on our Weber.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e8OPHPdxodY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/e8OPHPdxodY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 08:19:54 PM »

I put them in an aluminum pan and pour over them 2/3 cup water, 1/3 cup red wine vinegar a few cloves of garlic and two bay leaves.  Cover pan with tin foil and you can either bake these in the over for 45min at 350 or put on the grill on the opposite side as the heat and close lid (no direct heat if on the grill).  If you do them in the over you can do them a day before and have them in your fridge until you are ready for the final step.  You can either buy BBQ sauce you like or make the following to use -1 cup ketchup, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup cider vinegar, 1/3 cup worchestershire sauce, 1/4 cup mustard, 4 Tbsp butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar packed , 1 tsp hot sauce ( or more if you like them hotter).  Bring this to boil in saucepan and then put on low, cover and simmer for 1 hour before you use.  Put the ribs on the grill on medium for about 15 minutes turn, baste with sauce, leave for about 5 mins, turn baste with sauce leave for about 5 mins and they are done!  You can also make the sauce the day before and refridgerate till you use it.

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »

This is a very easy BBQ ribs recipe - they turn out great.

Take your rack of ribs and rinse.  Rub with dry rub - you can use the Emeril's or a steak rub.  Wrap in heavy aluminum foil.  I wrap them twice so no moisture escapes.  Put them on a pan and in the oven at 300 for about 2 hours.  **If your supper is running later, you can just cut off the oven and catch up with cooking the sides**

Unwrap them and cut them in 2 rib sections.  Heat your grill to Medium heat.  Put the ribs on the grill and brush with BBQ sauce - just use your favorite bottled.  After 5 mins, turn them and brush again with BBQ sauce - after 5 more mins., turn once more and brush with more BBQ sauce.

They are to die for!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.