April 24, 2024, 11:55:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #11 4/04/09 - 4/13/09  (Read 352111 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2009, 01:52:04 PM »

Family feud takes focus off search for Haleigh
The mother and father of the 5-year-old trade barbs and accusations.

* By Dana Treen
    * Story updated at 4:21 AM on Sunday, Apr. 5, 2009

SATSUMA - An uneasy truce between the parents of Haleigh Cummings following her disappearance from a Putnam County home Feb. 10 continues to crumble, with families on both sides now hunkering behind lawyers and questioning the other's motives.

At stake may be the future of Haleigh's 4-year-old brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., who was at home with his sister and their father's girlfriend the night the kindergartner disappeared.

The feud has complicated law enforcement efforts and provided a bitter sideshow with roots that go back years.

"It's not helping," Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said Thursday. "Now we've got lawyers involved. Lines of communication don't seem as accessible."

Hardy said the squabbling is distracting from the search for the 5-year-old girl, who remains missing nearly two months after 17-year-old Misty Croslin, who has since married Cummings, called 911 in the middle of the night to say Haleigh had vanished.

"We want the focus to be on this child," Hardy said.

There were cracks in the alliance between Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 25, and the girl's mother, Crystal Sheffield, 23, of Glen St. Mary, early in the search.

"Actually we were together the first night," Cummings said days after the disappearance. "I don't know what happened, [or] who said what. Somehow or another the next day they [Sheffield and her family] came back, and they just decided that we were not a team."

The sides came together the day after Haleigh vanished, later at a church prayer service and when the first month of the case was marked by a balloon release near the mobile home where Haleigh was last seen.

They were moments that gloss over what is seen in court files and what has been splashed across national tabloid television. The Times-Union tried to interview both last week, but each said they no longer wished to comment.

Bad history

Court records and interviews with those in both camps show a history of resentments and mistrust.

As the search gathered momentum early in the case, Sheffield's mother said investigators needed to focus on Cummings.

"Someone over there who lived in that house knows what happened to Haleigh," Marie Griffis said.

Cummings' family believes Sheffield's objective is to gain custody of Ronald Jr. Sheffield and Cummings were never married and have been estranged since 2005.

"Of course they are going to try to take Junior from him," said Cummings' grandmother, Annette Sykes.

Cummings and Sheffield were together from the time she was 14 until she was 19. In a court action, Cummings was given custody of the couple's two children in 2005 because he had a job and could better support the children, a magistrate ruled. Visitation with their mother was not restricted.

Sheffield missed taking her daughter to a dozen doctor's appointments over a year, according to the court documents. Haleigh has a condition that requires routine checkups.

Sheffield and her father, Johnny Sheffield, said in court papers that Cummings was an abuser who used and sold illegal drugs and threatened to kill people who offended him. Her father also said Cummings left the children with family members who used drugs.

In response, Cummings and his family point to the court decision to award him custody of the two children. She has also admitted to using drugs and has a spotty employment history. Members of Cummings' family said Sheffield is behind in child support payments.

In 2001, Cummings was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge that was later dropped. He was arrested on drug charges in Putnam County in 2002 and 2004 when drugs, including cocaine, pills and marijuana, were found. In 2005, he was arrested by the Highway Patrol on morphine possession and other drug charges.

Charges in the drug cases were dropped or adjudication was withheld, according to court records. In the 2004 case, Cummings was fined $370 in court costs.

Cummings only takes prescription drugs for accidental injuries, his attorney, Greg Kimball, said in a statement Monday.

Cheap shots

Kimball, a Putnam County attorney who took the case more than a month after Haleigh disappeared, said Sheffield's appearances on TV shows, including with Nancy Grace and Geraldo Rivera, are cheap shots.

Kimball and Kim Picazio, a South Florida attorney working with Sheffield, have clashed over photos of Haleigh showing cuts on her face.

In November, Haleigh was injured in a fall at school that was documented with pictures. But Picazio said later photos the same month show other injuries not connected to the fall.

Kimball said the accusations are false and in a release said the assertion amounts to "slander and libel."

Picazio calls the injuries "two incidents close together."

About a dozen photos released by Kimball show the injuries healing, he said.

Picazio said she has witnesses and evidence that will support her assertion. She has asked the state Department of Children and Families to look into how the children were treated.

She said investigators working with her are interviewing people in the community who know Cummings. Four of those witnesses have spoken to Children and Families, she said.

"He has been Teflon Ron up until now," Picazio said. "What kind of lifestyle have these kids been exposed to?"

John Harrell, a spokesman for the child welfare agency, said the department met with Picazio on March 17 and that her concerns are being reviewed. He said the agency would not leave a child in a situation that was considered dangerous.

"It's a very sensitive situation," he said. "You have concerns being raised on both sides."

Cummings told Nancy Grace on her show that Sheffield's accusations and efforts now to take Ronald Jr. away are ridiculous. Cummings, who took questions from callers, also discredited any notions that he married so he and Misty could avoid testifying against one another, should the case ever lead to a trial.

Separate ways

Last week, Cummings and Sheffield were no longer at ground zero in their separate camps near where Haleigh disappeared. Cummings' mother and friends were removing the last of the belongings from inside, including clearing out Haleigh's room.

Cummings lives several miles to the south at his grandmother's in Welaka. Sheffield, who has been staying in St. Johns County, spends time at a small purple building set up on U.S. 17 in Satsuma as an information center for those who want to share any tips they may have in the case.

On a recent afternoon, Cummings drove past the building, where smiling posters of his vanished daughter appear in the windows.

He didn't stop.

dana.treen@jacksonville.com, (904) 359-4091

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-04-05/story/family_feud_takes_focus_off_search_for_haleigh

Heart
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »

Just reading some of the comments from 'grama N' article on Art's site.

Thank you for the comments regarding what I was questioning.  Found this....

HarleyHoney Says:
March 26th, 2009 at 2:48 pm
I wouldn’t trust anything Teresa Neves says. She is part of it. No,she was wrong for leaving you there.I watched that prayer vigil. They were spooked!!!She is going to lead you on many goose chases. The tears she sheds are tears of guilt.She is going to get even with you for saying that if it was one one of Cobra’s children he wouldn’t mess around he just would put a pistol down your throat. If you could legally do that,Ron would talk.I would be searching for Haleigh off of Glades Road in Palm Beach County.

interesting wonder why they put a particular area? I would hope anyone with REAL info has already gone to LE.

hm, glades road , in palm beach ,,,,could be they are trading drugs with the south end of the state.  If some drug man came there to get monies owed by rc, he could have taken haleigh as payment, and gone back south till monies showed up.. I think I read rc was looking to get his hands on a lot of money recently...makes me shake my head.

I hope some le is following this path as well. Dang, just too many possibilities and not enough probable.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:
I wouldn’t trust anything Teresa Neves says. She is part of it. No,she was wrong for leaving you there.I watched that prayer vigil. They were spooked!!!She is going to lead you on many goose chases. The tears she sheds are tears of guilt.She is going to get even with you for saying that if it was one one of Cobra’s children he wouldn’t mess around he just would put a pistol down your throat. If you could legally do that,Ron would talk.I would be searching for Haleigh off of Glades Road in Palm Beach County.

interesting wonder why they put a particular area? I would hope anyone with REAL info has already gone to LE.

hm, glades road , in palm beach ,,,,could be they are trading drugs with the south end of the state.  If some drug man came there to get monies owed by rc, he could have taken haleigh as payment, and gone back south till monies showed up.. I think I read rc was looking to get his hands on a lot of money recently...makes me shake my head.

I hope some le is following this path as well. Dang, just too many possibilities and not enough probable.

I heard on one on the interviews with Kim -Crystal attorney's about money going south and she was cut short...
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2009, 02:07:50 PM »

Does anyone have access to Crystals myspace page??  If so got to her comments and read the first one at the top..Im not sure what this means..Need another monkey..

Rather had to read their mind.. Seems like two sentences pushed together

"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men", John Steinbeck
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2009, 02:12:12 PM »

I just went back to childhood, and growing up picking oranges. I saw my uncles who were the bosses of the grove. They drove their trucks between the orange trees, along path ways. Often those paths were growing together, sometimes touching a tree on the other side of the road/path way.  From this , my uncles would complain of the scratches on the sides of their truck. Orange trees have large thorns.

hm, mysterious and unexplained  scratches on van,
a big bandaid on rc's neck.

Just looked like a familiar sight to me, now that I think of it. So, I am really curious of any orange groves within 4 mile radius of Haleigh's house. Or a blackberry patch. Anyone?
And thanks to you all for humoring me today, this has just been bugging me.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2009, 02:19:35 PM »

Bookings..

ORLANDO TRAYLOR
Palatka ,  FL
Booking#: 200700002325 -  Booking Date & Time: 5/18/2007 9:49:24 AM

DOB: 12/24/1978 -  RACE: B  -  SEX: M

Charges   Misd/Felony Degree Bond Bond Posted
784.03-1a1  BATTERY DOMESTIC  M M  $0.00   
        $0.00   

Details:

UCN: 542007MM002287XXAXMX
File Date: 2007-05-18 Judge: PETER T MILLER   
Defense Atty: 

Defendant
TRAYLOR, ORLANDO 
Alias

Date # Docket Description
2007-05-18 1 ARREST REPORT - PDP/ BRYANT (ARREST 05-18-07) 

2007-05-18 1 BATTERY DVR/ AUTUMN MERCHANT 

2007-05-18 2 DEFENDANT PRESENT FOR FIRST APPEARANCE HRG 5-18-07 

2007-05-18 2 ADJ INS P D APPOINTED FOR FIRST APPEARANCE ONLY 

2007-05-18 2 SUFFICIENT PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND 

2007-05-18 2 $504.00 UNSECURED BOND SET 

2007-05-18 3 AFFIDAVIT OF INSOLVENCY 

2007-05-21 4 APPEARANCE BOND - UNSECURED $1004.00 BOND#376 05-18-07 

2007-07-03 5 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION 

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2009, 02:21:13 PM »

Ron the father of Haleigh claims he loves his daughter and wants her back.. Hummm
A loving father would make sure his children are taken care of with responsibly adult drug free caretakers, Haleigh has already missed alot of school, marks on children and I believe he did use a stick on JR ,thats what they look like to me. Knowing Fibsty was on an intimate 3 day bender with another guy then marries her. Just isn't adding up... Did Ron love Fibsty that much that she came first instead of the children? Who knows when Haleigh was taken out of that home.. What are the Cumming's & Croslin's hiding?
Did Fibsty have the van that day in question? Ron speeding by the bus stop. Was Ron on the deep edge?

Strange BedFellows....

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2009, 02:22:02 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

I remember another post I made, and someone had made a reference to a particular number....I do not remember exactly, but maybe it has to do with this post.  I am thinking it was maybe....3407.  Saying that if you look at the building, etc...shows the address number, etc.  Anyone remember searching this.  If I recall right, I think one of the posters asked me if I liked bowling.  Maybe I am off a bit on this...hmmmmm.

Orlando, did he not have a relative named....Lane???

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2009, 02:22:52 PM »

Nay nay...

Details:

UCN: 542009MM000217XXAXMX
File Date: 2009-01-20 Judge: PETER T MILLER   
Defense Atty: 

Defendant
PREVATT, CHRISTINA 
Alias
PREVATT, KRISTINA 

2009-01-20 1 NOTICE TO APPEAR (04/07/09) PDP/ SAPP 1-15-09 

2009-01-20 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A 

2009-01-20 1 RETAIL THEFT/ K MART 

2009-02-06 2 INFORMATION (RETAIL THEFT) 

Details:

UCN: 542009CT000467XXAXMX
File Date: 2009-02-03 Judge: PETER T MILLER   
Defense Atty: 

Defendant
PREVATT, CHRISTINA 
Alias
PREVATT, KRISTINA 

2009-02-03 1 TRAFFIC CITATION - #6669FDG2 PDP/ REINHOLD 1-27-09 

2009-02-03 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A 

2009-02-03 1 LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT WITH PROP DAMAGE 

2009-02-06 2 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (04-07-2009) 

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »

I just went back to childhood, and growing up picking oranges. I saw my uncles who were the bosses of the grove. They drove their trucks between the orange trees, along path ways. Often those paths were growing together, sometimes touching a tree on the other side of the road/path way.  From this , my uncles would complain of the scratches on the sides of their truck. Orange trees have large thorns.

hm, mysterious and unexplained  scratches on van,
a big bandaid on rc's neck.

Just looked like a familiar sight to me, now that I think of it. So, I am really curious of any orange groves within 4 mile radius of Haleigh's house. Or a blackberry patch. Anyone?
And thanks to you all for humoring me today, this has just been bugging me.

Very good.. very good.  I posted a small visual map of the area lst night, back on 10.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2009, 02:26:20 PM »

1 more for nay nay...trespassing?

Details:

UCN: 542009MM000743XXAXMX
File Date: 2009-03-02 Judge: PETER T MILLER   
Defense Atty: 

Defendant
PREVATT, KRISTINA 
Alias

2009-03-02 1 COMPLAINT FILED: PCSO/ 02-28-09 

2009-03-02 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A 

2009-03-02 1 TRESPASS OCCUPIED STRUCTURE 

2009-03-11 2 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION TO ALL CTS 

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

I heard on one on the interviews with Kim -Crystal attorney's about money going south and she was cut short...

on the posting with ArtHarris we read last night.  a poster was talking about annafl, and of course in the end accused of being the same.. Any, she referred to rc as having robbed a drug dealer at gun point several weeks prior for money and drugs. could this be the same thing?

mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2009, 02:28:46 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

I remember another post I made, and someone had made a reference to a particular number....I do not remember exactly, but maybe it has to do with this post.  I am thinking it was maybe....3407.  Saying that if you look at the building, etc...shows the address number, etc.  Anyone remember searching this.  If I recall right, I think one of the posters asked me if I liked bowling.  Maybe I am off a bit on this...hmmmmm.

I remember reading that too, but not the number. It refered to some building with a fence around it iirc..and I thought it odd to ask you about bowling, but thought you knew the poster, and I did not back read for the question. probally around page 70 something on last post page. I do not know how to go back to old post.  was that the same poster who refered to glades road?
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2009, 02:29:51 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

on the posting with ArtHarris we read last night.  a poster was talking about annafl, and of course in the end accused of being the same.. Any, she referred to rc as having robbed a drug dealer at gun point several weeks prior for money and drugs. could this be the same thing?

hey mlee ...maybe.. Can you post the map again of the area on here...
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2009, 02:32:02 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

I received a message about the bowling grama, she wanted you to know indirectly it was not so much a sport as a one with two legs and arms, mentioned I believe alot in reports.

mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

I should read that arts site, but, I do remember also reading about the drug robbery. rc said in beginning he did not have a gun, then we heard le was searching or did find gun.
That could very well be connected somehow. Might not be about Haleigh, but most probale connected.  I just want to slap them all.
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

I remember the bowling part because I was trying to get caught up and kinda lost as to what you guys were talking about, and I remember thinking....... bowling? man I gotta go back a few pages   

I know that was no help.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2009, 02:39:21 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

OK, found my post with the ...building number on it.

Should post and ask for a link. Did you notice this? Pg. 2

Does the address 3570 ring a bell? This could be a court,avenue.lane,terrace. It's a single structure with an eight foot chain link fence around it. This place is located in-Apopka,or Eustis Florida. IT has heavy foliage around it,except the front of the structure The front door sets on the "A" side of the structure while the numbers are set to the top right of the door.

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2009, 02:45:27 PM »

Satsuma Orange Groves

From this link:
http://www.gardenguides.com/resources/nurseries/nurseries-city.asp?dest=Satsuma+FL

Satsuma, FL Nurseries

1. South Scape
    315 State Road 207
    East Palatka, FL
    386-326-8878
    32 miles from center of Satsuma. Map This
2. Weldon's Nursery
    1119 S US Highway 17
    Satsuma, FL
    386-649-4509
    37 miles from center of Satsuma. Map This
3. Forest Groves Inc Fernery
    610 Old Highway 17
    Crescent City, FL
    386-698-1074
    47 miles from center of Satsuma. Map This

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »

HarleyHoney Says:

hey mlee ...maybe.. Can you post the map again of the area on here...

Yes  Mam, I surely can.. also went back to ten and found the entry on the burned fingers. I was originally a posting by our Islandmoney.. Hopefully she will forgive me for reposting it.. 

Quote from: islandmonkey on March 31, 2009, 12:04:16 AM

http://clintvanzandt.newsvine.com/_news/2009/02/16/2441536-update-teenage-caretaker-of-missing-5-year-old-florida-girl-says-i-didnt-do-it
  Hi Mlee and JG~I was contacted 3 times about that very post on the CVZ site, once this very morning when I rec'd an email and was asked to call someone about it, once when i told Marie about it and another time when an investigator wanted the link..........ODD isn't it that other than Marie, 2 different authorities have asked for  the link and where it came from, I'd assume they could be tracking the IP to determine if there is indeed any evidentiary value as I first posted that at least 2-3 weeks ago IIRC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.