April 24, 2024, 07:23:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #11 4/04/09 - 4/13/09  (Read 352120 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #820 on: April 08, 2009, 03:30:20 PM »

I gotta go explain to youngest son AGAIN why it's just not allowed to take his precious body that I raised up to 24 years, and go willingly putting it in dangers ways by joining the freaking military!     Got my mom gear "cuz I said so that's why" firmly in place.  bbl 

My heart is with you.. I hope it works for you.. my granddaughter turns 18 in two weeks, and she's talking Air Force.. I always hoped she would stay her and finish college..  At a loss..

Thanks mlee!  And I hope it works out for you with your g.granddaughter.  Sigh.  I know it's best to let our kids and grands do what's important to them, what is their heart's desire and all that.  And up til now, I've pretty much given him his own lead, just been there to guide when needed.  Kind of like running alongside of a kid on a new bike, holding your hands out to steady the bike when needed, ready to catch them when they fall, kind of thing.  This is just soooooo scary.  Means I'll have to actually let him grow up, and not just fake like I am.  Dammit.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #821 on: April 08, 2009, 03:31:30 PM »

Brandi?  Is your name on them?  They are so amazingly beautiful, you name should be on them. Just down in the corner.  Smile
That's a great idea.
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: April 08, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »

I gotta go explain to youngest son AGAIN why it's just not allowed to take his precious body that I raised up to 24 years, and go willingly putting it in dangers ways by joining the freaking military!     Got my mom gear "cuz I said so that's why" firmly in place.  bbl 

My heart is with you.. I hope it works for you.. my granddaughter turns 18 in two weeks, and she's talking Air Force.. I always hoped she would stay her and finish college..  At a loss..

Thanks mlee!  And I hope it works out for you with your g.granddaughter.  Sigh.  I know it's best to let our kids and grands do what's important to them, what is their heart's desire and all that.  And up til now, I've pretty much given him his own lead, just been there to guide when needed.  Kind of like running alongside of a kid on a new bike, holding your hands out to steady the bike when needed, ready to catch them when they fall, kind of thing.  This is just soooooo scary.  Means I'll have to actually let him grow up, and not just fake like I am.  Dammit.   

My Granddaughter had planned on staying here two more years and going to community college then up to Raleigh for State. Been planned like that for 4 years.
She ask her Mom, if when she turned 18, if she could go and come as she pleased if she stayed home... And my daughter looked at her and said.. No...  This is a family, you live in my house, you go by family rules, there are younger children in this house, and we all have to respect whats good for them.. Next thing she said was Air Force...  my Daughter being brave said, if that is your choice. Okay, and of course I got the lecture about backing Mom.. So, my heart is on the verge.. We shall see..

"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men", John Steinbeck
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: April 08, 2009, 03:35:30 PM »

Again, I may be wrong, but I thought Ron only worked at this company for three weeks before Haleigh disappeared. Set me straight, if I'm wrong.

Discussion over yonder by our 'player' about getting unemployment, ect. Stated the following.....

...We know Ron was unemployed for a while before he took this job in the fall. We don't know how long he was out of work, though and how long he had the job prior to PDM.

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »

Again, I may be wrong, but I thought Ron only worked at this company for three weeks before Haleigh disappeared. Set me straight, if I'm wrong.

Discussion over yonder by our 'player' about getting unemployment, ect. Stated the following.....

...We know Ron was unemployed for a while before he took this job in the fall. We don't know how long he was out of work, though and how long he had the job prior to PDM.

Well, maybe he can get unemployment..  Wonder why he left the other job, probably this one paid more money..  I don't think I have heard about his previous employment.

"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men", John Steinbeck
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #825 on: April 08, 2009, 03:42:11 PM »

A beautiful site for Haleigh

http://www.myspace.com/friendsofhaleigh

Well, I see they have taken the liberty (without my permission) to post 7 of my Missing artwork compositions on their website.

I made those for this forum. Too bad people do not respect copyright.

I would have given them permission, but they never asked.

*sigh*

OMIGOSH!  As one webdesigner to another, you and I both know that this is downright stealing your pics.  Did you have your name or a watermark on each of those pics?  Cuz if not, there's unfortunately no way to prove that she stole those from this forum.  All I can suggest is that you add a watermark to all that you have created, and then try to contact this girl (seems she is 15 yrs old?), and ask her nicely to remove those pics and allow you to replace them with watermarked copies. 

And what do you mean by "7 of my Missing artwork compositions"??  How are they "missing" and from where?  Just curious.  Someone can steal a pic simply by copying it and taking that copy from a site, however the original is still there.  So I'm not understanding how yours are actually missing. 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: April 08, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »

Well, I see they have taken the liberty (without my permission) to post 7 of my Missing artwork compositions on their website.

*sigh*

Oh Brandi....they are so beautiful.  I know they should have asked....I'm not making excuses...but THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!  And if it helps find Haleigh, I know you won't mind.  We all know you would have given permission.  I'm sorry.  But if you didn't do such a fantastic job...  Smile Smile Smile

Like my sparkly ears?  I really love them!!!

Thunder Bunny
Scared Monkey

PLEASE BRING HALEIGH HOME

« Reply #827 on: April 08, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »

Anyone see HigherHopes today?  I'm been looking for her high and low.  She was going to go to Satsuma yesterday.  Think she's riding shotgun with Cobra????

~°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°     Please Bring Haleigh Home!!!!     °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: April 08, 2009, 03:45:38 PM »

Now I remember seeing this a while ago. We did think he was Crystal Cummings' boyfriend.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: April 08, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »

*sigh*

OMIGOSH!  As one webdesigner to another, you and I both know that this is downright stealing your pics.  Did you have your name or a watermark on each of those pics?  Cuz if not, there's unfortunately no way to prove that she stole those from this forum.  All I can suggest is that you add a watermark to all that you have created, and then try to contact this girl (seems she is 15 yrs old?), and ask her nicely to remove those pics and allow you to replace them with watermarked copies. 

And what do you mean by "7 of my Missing artwork compositions"??  How are they "missing" and from where?  Just curious.  Someone can steal a pic simply by copying it and taking that copy from a site, however the original is still there.  So I'm not understanding how yours are actually missing. 

Each one of my Haleigh compositions are labeled "Missing" .. (Missing1.png, Missing2.png, etc.) They are compositions for the missing child, Haleigh. The pictures are not missing. LOL

I have only posted them here on this forum, for this forum, (I have made 37 of them to date) so i am pretty sure they copied them from this forum. Or copied them from someone who copied them from here. LOL No big deal. It just bothers me that people do not respect copyright. Just because it is posted somewhere does not mean anyone can grab it and use it where ever they want.

In this instance, I am not too upset, since it is on a site that is for Haleigh.

Wink

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #830 on: April 08, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »

My Granddaughter had planned on staying here two more years and going to community college then up to Raleigh for State. Been planned like that for 4 years.
She ask her Mom, if when she turned 18, if she could go and come as she pleased if she stayed home... And my daughter looked at her and said.. No...  This is a family, you live in my house, you go by family rules, there are younger children in this house, and we all have to respect whats good for them.. Next thing she said was Air Force...  my Daughter being brave said, if that is your choice. Okay, and of course I got the lecture about backing Mom.. So, my heart is on the verge.. We shall see..

Sounds like your g.daughter is itching to have a little independence, even if that means joining the military.  Sigh.  That's such a hard age!!  And it sounds like you might be feeling stuck between her and your daughter, like being between a rock and a hard place.  Anything you say to either one can be taken wrong, even if you are just trying to support each of them.  ackkkkk!  It's real hard for even a parent to know what to say (especially to an older teen) in a time like this.  We want for them what they want, within reason of course.  Yet sometimes all they really need is to hear "no way! I'd miss you too much!"  But sometimes they really really REALLY need to get off on their own, and might see joining the military as their only way out.  Sigh.  How to know how to know.  Am hoping that your daughter and g.daughter can sit down and talk about what really is going on with your g.daughter, what it is she really truly wants and needs.  And unfortunately, as g.mama (and mine as mom of a young adult), we get to have our say then zip our lips and give loving support.  Ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk hardest job of all!!  Will keep you and family in my thoughts and prayers.   

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #831 on: April 08, 2009, 03:59:20 PM »

*sigh*

Each one of my Haleigh compositions are labeled "Missing" .. (Missing1.png, Missing2.png, etc.) They are compositions for the missing child, Haleigh. The pictures are not missing. LOL

I have only posted them here on this forum, for this forum, (I have made 37 of them to date) so i am pretty sure they copied them from this forum. Or copied them from someone who copied them from here. LOL No big deal. It just bothers me that people do not respect copyright. Just because it is posted somewhere does not mean anyone can grab it and use it where ever they want.

In this instance, I am not too upset, since it is on a site that is for Haleigh.

Wink
Hi Brandi,  maybe you could send an email to the website owner letting him/her know they are yours and ask them to credit you on them.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #832 on: April 08, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »

Thanks, so he didn't have this job very long.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #833 on: April 08, 2009, 04:05:13 PM »

*sigh*

Wink

OH!!!!  Duh on me!!        Didn't realize you had 'labeled' those pics as missing.  LOL  Well, you can still write a note to her if possible, and just mention that you'd like for her to add a credit, etc.  If she is only 15 yrs old, she may have had good intentions, but not much knowledge about how things on the net work.  This could teach her how to do things in the future, while at the same time, giving credit where it's due.   

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: April 08, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »

*sigh*

Wink
Hi Brandi,  maybe you could send an email to the website owner letting him/her know they are yours and ask them to credit you on them.

Thank you and all the other monkeys for good advice.

I am going to let this slide though. It is for Haleigh, after all Wink

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: April 08, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »

Thanks, so he didn't have this job very long.

I am sure there are employees or staff from Ron's (former?) employer that are reading the net, or following blogs and may have seen some info that triggered a few things.

Remember, Ron was seen getting gas at 2AM. Maybe he did have someone cover for him and punch his time card for him.  All questionable and all rumored at this time.

Whatever the reasons, I am sure they were justified.

Thunder Bunny
Scared Monkey

PLEASE BRING HALEIGH HOME

« Reply #836 on: April 08, 2009, 04:11:45 PM »

I really really REALLY wish they would find Haleigh. 

~°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°     Please Bring Haleigh Home!!!!     °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: April 08, 2009, 04:35:48 PM »

Me too. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #838 on: April 08, 2009, 04:47:53 PM »

Me too. 

Me three.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: April 08, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »

Me too. 

Me three.

Me4.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.