April 20, 2024, 05:19:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #33 4/4/09 - 4/9/09  (Read 92198 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: April 09, 2009, 10:46:04 PM »

?  This is info on Iris from CnG?

Wouldn't only the site administrator have that type of specific information? 

i would think so, ive never seen a site that allows that kind of access to just guests and members. especially to be able to say 'from work'...i dont see how thats possible other than guessing/assuming from actually viewing the posters ip and then tracking that ip back to its origins.

Am I in the P Nut gallery?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #961 on: April 09, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »

i would think so, ive never seen a site that allows that kind of access to just guests and members. especially to be able to say 'from work'...i dont see how thats possible other than guessing/assuming from actually viewing the posters ip and then tracking that ip back to its origins.

yeah, not sure about the work part, but a lot of the Natalee posters have been together for years and know each other well.  But Kermit says that specific type info is available on here as well, I had no idea.   

it shows the total amount of time youve been logged on since you joined and what parts of the forum you post on and are currently visiting, but unless im losing my mind nowhere does it show anything that has to do with your specific ips.

i can understand posters knowing each other extremely well but im totally confused as to how anyone but admin/mods would have access to ips to even state that one is a work ip.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: April 09, 2009, 10:50:46 PM »

Am I in the P Nut gallery?

haha yes, now cmere and give me a hugger!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: April 09, 2009, 10:51:29 PM »

Site Meter
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: April 09, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »

yeah, not sure about the work part, but a lot of the Natalee posters have been together for years and know each other well.  But Kermit says that specific type info is available on here as well, I had no idea.   

it shows the total amount of time youve been logged on since you joined and what parts of the forum you post on and are currently visiting, but unless im losing my mind nowhere does it show anything that has to do with your specific ips.

i can understand posters knowing each other extremely well but im totally confused as to how anyone but admin/mods would have access to ips to even state that one is a work ip.

I dunno either, peanut.  Now that you mention IP numbers, I know I've seen Klaas post that only she can see them here on SM, not even the mods can.   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: April 09, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »

Down at the very bottom of this page is a site meter.  Most websites have site meters and most often they can be read by all.

The site meter won't say KLAASEND was logged in for xxx amount of time but it will show IP's .  If a site like CnG is constanting attacking you they they have Kermit, and they have posted personal information about you, like they have with Kermit, you might take the time to watch the site meter.  If you watch it long enough and know enough about the people posting you can tell who is who.  Once you know who belongs to what IP you can sort of tell when they are logged on and what they are reading (from the site meter).

The site meter will not show your home address but will say where your IP is which is usually in area you live.

Edited to add that on each post YOU and ADMIN can see your own IP but nobody else can.  The site meter however can be viewed by everyone but you have to guess or figure out who might be who.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:58:28 PM by klaasend » Logged
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: April 09, 2009, 11:00:09 PM »

I dunno either, peanut.  Now that you mention IP numbers, I know I've seen Klaas post that only she can see them here on SM, not even the mods can.   

ya i dont know, i know different forums have differing permissions to admin/mod access but ive never heard of one that provides any kind of info on ips...even just to show that someone may be using a different one. that is super creepy and tailormade for stalking.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: April 09, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »

Please read my post above.  It has nothing to do with permissions. 
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: April 09, 2009, 11:01:17 PM »

Down at the very bottom of this page is a site meter.  Most websites have site meters and most often they can be read by all.

The site meter won't say KLAASEND was logged in for xxx amount of time but it will show IP's .  If a site like CnG is constanting attacking you they they have Kermit, and they have posted personal information about you, like they have with Kermit, you might take the time to watch the site meter.  If you watch it long enough and know enough about the people posting you can tell who is who.  Once you know who belongs to what IP you can sort of tell when they are logged on and what they are reading (from the site meter).

The site meter will not show your home address but will say where your IP is which is usually in area you live.

Edited to add that on each post YOU and ADMIN can see your own IP but nobody else can.  The site meter however can be viewed by everyone but you have to guess or figure out who might be who.

it shows our ips???

peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: April 09, 2009, 11:02:23 PM »

sorry, i just did. why are our ips public?

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: April 09, 2009, 11:04:06 PM »

Okay, I get it now...i never knew about that.  Thanks Klaas.

(and for what its worth, I only stalked myself just now)    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #971 on: April 09, 2009, 11:04:39 PM »

It doesn't state who is who.  Only and Administrator on SM has access to IP's.  I cannot see anyones IP as a mod.
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: April 09, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »

It doesn't state who is who.  Only and Administrator on SM has access to IP's.  I cannot see anyones IP as a mod.

i understand that but im curious as to why ips are shown at all?

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: April 09, 2009, 11:09:29 PM »

Every forum is different.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: April 09, 2009, 11:10:47 PM »

Hi all!

I don't come here often. Just happened to stop by tonight.

IPs are a part of every post you make on the Internet.

(from email to posting on forums to visiting websites.)

No one is ever really invisible or anonymous on the Internet.

Hope this helps.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: April 09, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »

I can see everyones IP on that Site Meter website....it doesn't say *who's* but I'm pretty sure I can see them.    

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: April 09, 2009, 11:11:55 PM »

Hi all!

I don't come here often. Just happened to stop by tonight.

IPs are a part of every post you make on the Internet.

(from email to posting on forums to visiting websites.)

No one is ever really invisible or anonymous on the Internet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Brandi.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: April 09, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »

thanks Brandi, that helps.....i am just not very intelligent on this sort of stuff.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: April 09, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »

thanks Brandi, that helps.....i am just not very intelligent on this sort of stuff.

Me either.  Nor do I care to know.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: April 09, 2009, 11:14:15 PM »

hi Guys, what a day!!!!  Reading the depos of  George and Cindy, then getting my butt kicked at Pilates, then I come home and my darling Grand babies call me on the web cam!!!  Hey, we should all get one!!!!  Then we can see each other and the guests!!!!  My baby Grandson blew me a kiss!!!!  That is what makes the world go around for me!!!!

How exciting A1.  (Blowing A1 a kiss now, does that count?)

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.