April 27, 2024, 05:31:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #815 4/8/09 - 4/16/09  (Read 180713 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #500 on: April 12, 2009, 09:15:53 PM »

Hi texasmom

Janet

Hi Janet!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: April 12, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »

Natalee discussion on the Nancy Grace channel (with that dark haired lady).  The Ho and the phone and getting put in place.

Thanks Buckeye! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: April 12, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »

Hi Magnolia

Janet
6:00 PM

Hi Janet

Did you have a good Easter?
I am exhausted.....How about ya'll?

Me too.  Although we had a very nice Easter Sunday ... ot is so good to be home.

Magnolia ... this morning I thought about you on top of that mountain yesterday freezing to death.  At 8:15 am hubby and I were standing on the banks of the Fraser River with about 100 onlookers in the pouring rain huddled under an umbrella.  Six new believers from our church chose to be baptized in the river.  Crazy.  Think about it.  We have a baptismal  tank right in the sanctuary of our church where it would have been so warm and dry.

Anyways ... today there was a gathering of hubby's family at one of his sister's home for those who could make it.  Good company and good food made for a very enjoyable day.  Tomorrow ... Easter dinner is at daughter's home and ... do believe that Bunny will make an appearance.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: April 12, 2009, 09:24:19 PM »

"Cases that Changed America"

Julia had said people turned on Beth when she called the Kalpoes criminals...she didn't respect their justice system.  The panel said it had nothing to do with the justice system...it was a botched investigation...then one said that Aruba does let criminal walk among tourists.  Someone killed her and they are walking around.  She didn't just disappear.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #504 on: April 12, 2009, 09:24:46 PM »

JQK on now.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »

Hi Magnolia

Janet

Hi Janet

Hi Mags. I am exhausted also.  Just finished washing dishes and putting away the good "china".  Only time I use it is on holidays.

Rain tonight, MORE severe weather tomorrow and tomorrow night.  I am getting sick of this weather and having to hide out in my "little" closet everytime we have tornado warnings.  Getting to be like every 2 days we are getting it.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: April 12, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »

JQK on now.

And he said there is no line when it is your child.

I can't believe Julia would still be saying such a ridiculous thing.  I wonder if they are so isolated in Aruba that they don't even realize they have earned a dreadful reputation as a result of what they did to this family in this tragedy.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: April 12, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »

Julia had said people turned on Beth when she called the Kalpoes criminals...she didn't respect their justice system.  The panel said it had nothing to do with the justice system...it was a botched investigation...then one said that Aruba does let criminal walk among tourists.  Someone killed her and they are walking around.  She didn't just disappear.

There is Julia Renfro's perspective and ... then there is the truth.

Janet

++++++

JULIE RENFRO'S PERSPECTIVE

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Cases That Changed America
Aired March 27, 2009 - 19:00:00   ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Beth did suffer some criticism by the Arubans, did she not, Julia?

RENFRO: Yes. But that started when -- actually, in July after the two Kalpoe brothers were released. She went on television, and she asked - - or she told the world that Aruba allowed criminals to walk amongst the tourists. And this was very upsetting for us, because that`s not what happened.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/27/ijvm.01.html

THE TRUTH

CNN LIVE TODAY
Missing in Aruba
Aired July 5, 2005 - 10:00   ET

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY’S MOTHER: It is now that I ask the world to help me. Two suspects were released yesterday who were involved in a violent crime against my daughter. These criminals are not only allowed to walk freely among the tourists and citizens of Aruba, but there are no limits where they may choose to travel.
I am asking all mothers and fathers and all nations to hear my plea. I implore you, do not allow these two suspects, the Kalpoe brothers, to enter your country until this case is solved. Do not allow these criminals to walk among your citizens. Help me by not allowing these two to get away with this crime.

It is my greatest fear today that the Kalpoe brothers will leave Aruba. I am asking the Aruban officials to notify the United States State Department in the event these suspects try to leave this island. I am asking all nations not to offer them a safe haven. I am asking this in the name of my beautiful, intelligent and outstanding daughter who I haven’t seen for 36 days and for whom I will continue to search until I find her.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/05/lt.03.html

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE
Page 157/158

No one is breathing. Or Moving. Reporters and camera people are crying. The media hve been here more than a month, and they’ve seen firsthand what we’ve experienced. They are moved by this plea. But some of the Arubans are not. Calling their local sons “criminals” offends them. Having just heard the prosecuting attorney tell us at least one of the Kalpoes could be involved in whatever happened to my daughter. I felt the term seemed appropriate. But it led to an abrupt change in the tide of support.
… Not long after the “criminals speech,” some Arubans back off their prayer vigils for Natalee. A few protest in the streets against the barage of negative media. We’ve worn out our welcome at the Holiday Inn. And they let us know they’ve had it. The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media. And to combat us.

Some Arubans angry at Holloway’s mom
Calling brothers ‘criminals’ elicits resentment, statement from lawyer
updated 6:56 p.m. PT, Wed., July. 6, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - A latent but growing resentment here became evident for the first time when more than 200 people, some wrapped in Aruban flags, said they were incensed by statements made by the mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8484217

'Scarborough Country' for July 6
updated 8:11 a.m. PT, Thurs., July. 7, 2005

JOHN MERRYWEATHER, FORMER ARUBA DIPLOMAT: I was not part of the organization, but I went there in support of our justice system.

<snipped?

SCARBOROUGH: No, what did Natalee’s mother say that offended so many people in Aruba?

MERRYWEATHER: Well, you know, it—it—it offended me, also.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8498049/

Missing teen's mom apologizes for comments
Statements 'fueled by despair'
Friday, July 8, 2005; Posted: 6:41 p.m. EDT (22:41 GMT)

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) — The mother of Natalee Holloway apologized Friday for saying two released suspects were involved in her daughter’s disappearance.

“The statements I made on July 5th were fueled by despair and frustration because of still not knowing where my daughter is,” Beth Holloway Twitty said in a statement to the media. “I think everyone, everyone can sympathize with that.”

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/07/08/missing.aruba/index.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: April 12, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »

Hi Magnolia

Janet

Hi Janet

Me too.  Although we had a very nice Easter Sunday ... ot is so good to be home.

Magnolia ... this morning I thought about you on top of that mountain yesterday freezing to death.  At 8:15 am hubby and I were standing on the banks of the Fraser River with about 100 onlookers in the pouring rain huddled under an umbrella.  Six new believers from our church chose to be baptized in the river.  Crazy.  Think about it.  We have a baptismal  tank right in the sanctuary of our church where it would have been so warm and dry.

Anyways ... today there was a gathering of hubby's family at one of his sister's home for those who could make it.  Good company and good food made for a very enjoyable day.  Tomorrow ... Easter dinner is at daughter's home and ... do believe that Bunny will make an appearance.

Janet

Janet,
You are a better woman than I am.  If I thought I had to go another day, I think I would run away.

Yesterday, when I came down the dirt road from the lake I hit a hole caused by all of this rain and tore up
the bottom of my little Infiniti.  There is transmission fluid,( I think ) all over the place.
I should have known better than to take it out that dirt road.   

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: April 12, 2009, 09:43:19 PM »

Janet

Thanks for the transcript link.  I must have missed the show, the first time.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: April 12, 2009, 09:45:30 PM »

Hi Magnolia

Janet

Hi Janet

Hi Mags. I am exhausted also.  Just finished washing dishes and putting away the good "china".  Only time I use it is on holidays.

Rain tonight, MORE severe weather tomorrow and tomorrow night.  I am getting sick of this weather and having to hide out in my "little" closet everytime we have tornado warnings.  Getting to be like every 2 days we are getting it.

Same here....weather and all.  It does your heart good to use the good china though.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: April 12, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »

JQK on now.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`re back talking about the case of Natalee Holloway, a mysterious international disappearance that changed America and the world.

Joining me now is a very special guest, John Q. Kelly, the attorney for Natalee`s parents, Dave Holloway and Beth Holloway Twitty.

John, thanks for joining us.

JOHN Q. KELLY, ATTORNEY FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S PARENTS: Sure, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Natalee`s parents have suffered the greatest loss any human being can face: losing a child, having no closure, no answers. Do they find solace in the fact that this case has changed the world?

KELLY: I don`t think, so really. I mean, you just can`t ease that pain at all, and the most difficult part is knowing that someone knows exactly what happened to their daughter and they can`t get the answer. And you know, they`ve done a terrific job of, you know, using the media, never ending their search in what happened to Natalee.

But, you know, the pain is still there. And it`s always there. And as a parent, you feel that you can never do enough to get the answers you need or the closure, and they can`t get it yet.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What about the role of videotape in this case and how videotape is being increasingly used in cases like this? We all saw the apparent confession of Joran.

Of course, he and his attorneys say that is not a confession. He was just lying to please his friend. Nevertheless, the Aruban courts did not use that to prosecute him. Is that something that really irks the Holloway family?

KELLY: Well, of course it does. And the problem is Aruba`s taken the position that, you know, Joran Van Der Sloot has told so many lies that you can`t rely on one of them to serve as a confession.

But the flip side of that, more importantly, is he was clearly the last person with her. He`s fabricated at least a half dozen stories of what happened to her. She`s never been seen again since being in his presence. So the fact that the circumstantial evidence indicates that he was the last one with her, he, you know, deliberately fabricated stories about what happened to her. She`s never been found should be enough, alone, to prosecute him.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I was struck by something you said a long time ago, that adults sometimes plan for years to pull off the perfect crime, smart adults, and they`re quickly caught. And yet, it seems here with absolutely no preparation, a perfect crime was sort of pulled off.

KELLY: Well, I don`t think it was done by he alone. I think he had help. I think he had adults that helped him along, that enabled him to get away with this, which is unfortunate. And you know, it`s interesting. I think one or more of your panelists before talked about maybe back crossing the line, but I think when you are a parent and you need answers to your child`s whereabouts, and you know that someone has them and you can`t get them, it`s -- it`s hard to even go on then.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How has Beth Holloway Twitty worked to change how people, especially Americans, American kids behave when they go abroad? The preparations they make, the coordination between parent and child. This has become her life work, I understand?

KELLY: Well, sure. Her save travel program, and she did does a lot of lecturing on it and writing and speaking and appearances.

And the bottom line is that there a lot of wonderful places your children can go within this country. You don`t want to be caught in a foreign jurisdiction where you can`t seek help, that no one will listen to your pleas, and they really don`t care about whether they`re solve your problems when they want to tend to their own instead. So she really drew the spotlight on the dangers facing children going away to foreign countries.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: John, thank you so very much for joining us.

KELLY: Sure.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: April 12, 2009, 09:52:19 PM »

Hi Magnolia

Janet

Hi Janet

Janet

Janet,
You are a better woman than I am.  If I thought I had to go another day, I think I would run away.

Yesterday, when I came down the dirt road from the lake I hit a hole caused by all of this rain and tore up
the bottom of my little Infiniti.  There is transmission fluid,( I think ) all over the place.

That's terrible Magnolia.

What will you drive while getting your vehicle fixed?

Janet

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: April 12, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »

Hi Magnolia

Janet

Hi Janet

Janet

Janet,

Janet

The truck!  Old but reliable!

I would have turned those new believers into Methodist and stuck their head out into the pouring rain
and sprinkled them.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: April 12, 2009, 09:57:56 PM »

Janet

Thanks for the transcript link.  I must have missed the show, the first time.

You are welcome Magnolia.

The JVM interview that is happening right now is a rerun.  Check out that same link for the John Q. Kelly interview.

Janet

++++++

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: April 12, 2009, 10:04:22 PM »

Hi Magnolia

Janet

Hi Janet

Janet

Janet,

Janet

The truck!  Old but reliable!

I would have turned those new believers into Methodist and stuck their head out into the pouring rain
and sprinkled them.

I guess I am getting old.  Young people today are so rebellious ...

Same with childbirth.  These young moms claim that feeling every pain ... every contraction associated with labor is part of "the experience" ... part of the "bonding process".  Hey ... they could have knocked me out and woke me when it was all over.  I knew I had years ahead of me to work on the "bonding process".

Janet 

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: April 12, 2009, 10:05:53 PM »

There is Julia Renfro's perspective and ... then there is the truth.

Janet

++++++

JULIE RENFRO'S PERSPECTIVE

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Beth did suffer some criticism by the Arubans, did she not, Julia?

RENFRO: Yes. But that started when -- actually, in July after the two Kalpoe brothers were released. She went on television, and she asked - - or she told the world that Aruba allowed criminals to walk amongst the tourists. And this was very upsetting for us, because that`s not what happened.

THE TRUTH

CNN LIVE TODAY
Missing in Aruba
Aired July 5, 2005 - 10:00   ET

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY’S MOTHER: It is now that I ask the world to help me. Two suspects were released yesterday who were involved in a violent crime against my daughter. These criminals are not only allowed to walk freely among the tourists and citizens of Aruba, but there are no limits where they may choose to travel.
I am asking all mothers and fathers and all nations to hear my plea. I implore you, do not allow these two suspects, the Kalpoe brothers, to enter your country until this case is solved. Do not allow these criminals to walk among your citizens. Help me by not allowing these two to get away with this crime.

It is my greatest fear today that the Kalpoe brothers will leave Aruba. I am asking the Aruban officials to notify the United States State Department in the event these suspects try to leave this island. I am asking all nations not to offer them a safe haven. I am asking this in the name of my beautiful, intelligent and outstanding daughter who I haven’t seen for 36 days and for whom I will continue to search until I find her.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/05/lt.03.html

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE
Page 157/158

No one is breathing. Or Moving. Reporters and camera people are crying. The media hve been here more than a month, and they’ve seen firsthand what we’ve experienced. They are moved by this plea. But some of the Arubans are not. Calling their local sons “criminals” offends them. Having just heard the prosecuting attorney tell us at least one of the Kalpoes could be involved in whatever happened to my daughter. I felt the term seemed appropriate. But it led to an abrupt change in the tide of support.
… Not long after the “criminals speech,” some Arubans back off their prayer vigils for Natalee. A few protest in the streets against the barage of negative media. We’ve worn out our welcome at the Holiday Inn. And they let us know they’ve had it. The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media. And to combat us.

Some Arubans angry at Holloway’s mom
Calling brothers ‘criminals’ elicits resentment, statement from lawyer
updated 6:56 p.m. PT, Wed., July. 6, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - A latent but growing resentment here became evident for the first time when more than 200 people, some wrapped in Aruban flags, said they were incensed by statements made by the mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8484217

'Scarborough Country' for July 6
updated 8:11 a.m. PT, Thurs., July. 7, 2005

JOHN MERRYWEATHER, FORMER ARUBA DIPLOMAT: I was not part of the organization, but I went there in support of our justice system.

<snipped?

SCARBOROUGH: No, what did Natalee’s mother say that offended so many people in Aruba?

MERRYWEATHER: Well, you know, it—it—it offended me, also.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8498049/

Missing teen's mom apologizes for comments
Statements 'fueled by despair'
Friday, July 8, 2005; Posted: 6:41 p.m. EDT (22:41 GMT)

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) — The mother of Natalee Holloway apologized Friday for saying two released suspects were involved in her daughter’s disappearance.

“The statements I made on July 5th were fueled by despair and frustration because of still not knowing where my daughter is,” Beth Holloway Twitty said in a statement to the media. “I think everyone, everyone can sympathize with that.”

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/07/08/missing.aruba/index.html

Every time I even think about Beth apologizing my blood pressure rises!   
Everything she said was TRUE, and she should have never had to apologize for it! JMO

And John Merryweather makes me sick! 
"I was not part of the organization, but I went there in support of our justice system."
WHAT JUSTICE SYSTEM? 

I could rant for a day or two about that but I'll leave it at that! Again, JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: April 12, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »

Hey everybody, one week from tonight we'll be watching the Lifetime movie! 

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #518 on: April 12, 2009, 10:09:49 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys.....Looks like The View will have something about The Natalee
Movie   

The View This week ABC

Friday, Apr. 17
Matthew Perry (17 Again); Tracy Pollan (Natalee Holloway)

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/schedule

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: April 12, 2009, 10:14:03 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys.....Looks like The View will have something about The Natalee
Movie   

The View This week ABC

Friday, Apr. 17
Matthew Perry (17 Again); Tracy Pollan (Natalee Holloway)

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/schedule

wooohooo Thanks Hotping!   

Maybe Frank will watch it for us and post a summary!   

I'll never forget that about Frank....last time he was watching the view to report back for us...suicide hotline had to talk him down...and Greta wasn't even on the show like she was supposed to be!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.