March 28, 2024, 03:13:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #815 4/8/09 - 4/16/09  (Read 179844 times)
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys....I had this article but I'm not sure if I had posted it before I'm confused alittle these days to say the least...lol

Tuesday, May 06, 2008
 Gazprom lines up rig in Venezuela
06 May 2008 - Upstream onLine by Tom Darin Liskey - Russian explorer Gazprom will use the newbuild jack-up rig Offshore Vigilant to probe a potentially prolific offshore project in Venezuela’s shallow water sector, sources at the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston said. The rig – capable of operating in water depths of up to 350 feet – is being built at the Keppel AmFels shipyard in Brownsville, Texas, for Scorpion Offshore. Details about the length and day rate for the independent-leg, extended reach cantilever rig were not available. Scorpion officials declined to confirm that Gazprom will use the rig, saying only that it will be delivered to Venezuela. The proposed contract will last at least 11 months and generate some $72 million in revenues. The rig is scheduled for completion this year and should be delivered to Venezuela in the third quarter. Russia’s Gazprom wants a rig to explore the Urumaco 1 and Urumaco 2 blocks in the Gulf of Venezuela. PDVSA sources have said the Urumaco permits are expected to unlock significantly more than 1 trillion cubic feet of gas, based on seismic data. Meanwhile, Chevron is understood to be close to signing an agreement with Dallas-based Ensco for a jack-up to drill a well in Venezuela. Sources said the rig will probably come from the US Gulf of Mexico. The rig will be used to kick off exploration drilling in 2009 at the shallow-water Cardon 3 block. Moreover, the US supermajor has been leading an effort with other international oil companies including Spain’s Repsol YPF and Brazil’s Petrobras to share the rig. The Gazprom and Chevron acreage form part of the so-called Rafael Urdaneta project, which covers 30,000 square kilometres and, according to official reports, holds as much as 26 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.
# posted by Deval : 1:16 PM

http://russogasoil.blogspot.com/2008/05/gazprom-lines-up-rig-in-venezuela_06.html

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2009, 11:17:17 AM »

From the very end of my post above:

Manouvering between Dec 2007/Jan 2008

Should be:

Manouvering From April 2007

Fixed...left Jan 2008 ??? 

Thanks 2NJ!  And also for fixing the spelling oopsie!!!!

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys....I had this article but I'm not sure if I had posted it before I'm confused alittle these days to say the least...lol

Tuesday, May 06, 2008
 Gazprom lines up rig in Venezuela
06 May 2008 - Upstream onLine by Tom Darin Liskey - Russian explorer Gazprom will use the newbuild jack-up rig Offshore Vigilant to probe a potentially prolific offshore project in Venezuela’s shallow water sector, sources at the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston said. The rig – capable of operating in water depths of up to 350 feet – is being built at the Keppel AmFels shipyard in Brownsville, Texas, for Scorpion Offshore. Details about the length and day rate for the independent-leg, extended reach cantilever rig were not available. Scorpion officials declined to confirm that Gazprom will use the rig, saying only that it will be delivered to Venezuela. The proposed contract will last at least 11 months and generate some $72 million in revenues. The rig is scheduled for completion this year and should be delivered to Venezuela in the third quarter. Russia’s Gazprom wants a rig to explore the Urumaco 1 and Urumaco 2 blocks in the Gulf of Venezuela. PDVSA sources have said the Urumaco permits are expected to unlock significantly more than 1 trillion cubic feet of gas, based on seismic data. Meanwhile, Chevron is understood to be close to signing an agreement with Dallas-based Ensco for a jack-up to drill a well in Venezuela. Sources said the rig will probably come from the US Gulf of Mexico. The rig will be used to kick off exploration drilling in 2009 at the shallow-water Cardon 3 block. Moreover, the US supermajor has been leading an effort with other international oil companies including Spain’s Repsol YPF and Brazil’s Petrobras to share the rig. The Gazprom and Chevron acreage form part of the so-called Rafael Urdaneta project, which covers 30,000 square kilometres and, according to official reports, holds as much as 26 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.
# posted by Deval : 1:16 PM

http://russogasoil.blogspot.com/2008/05/gazprom-lines-up-rig-in-venezuela_06.html

Thanks Hotping!!

The highlighted portion could correspond with those job openings for Aruba I found a week or so ago........considering Cardon 3 is only 14 miles offshore Aruba.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2009, 11:20:51 AM »

Maybe I dreamed this..................but didn't someone here post a map of all these Venezuelan blocks a few months ago?
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2009, 11:43:01 AM »

Maybe I dreamed this..................but didn't someone here post a map of all these Venezuelan blocks a few months ago?
You're Welcome Jen and No You are not dreaming.....Someone did post a map of the blocks....I will see if I can find one if someone doesn't beat Me to it. 

In God We Trust!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2009, 11:45:16 AM »

You're Welcome Jen and No You are not dreaming.....Someone did post a map of the blocks....I will see if I can find one if someone doesn't beat Me to it. 

Thanks!!!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »

Here were Chevron's plans for the area - it just looks like it takes a long time to get things in motion:

Sept 12 2005

Chevron Awarded Cardon III License in Venezuela's Rafael Urdaneta Bid Round
SAN RAMON, Calif., Sept. 12 -- Chevron Corporation's local affiliate company in Venezuela has been awarded the exploration license for the Cardon III exploration block, located offshore western Venezuela. The Cardon III block was one of seven blocks offered by the Venezuelan Ministry of Energy and Mines in the Rafael Urdaneta bid round. The block is located in an offshore region with natural gas potential on trend to the north of the prolific Maracaibo producing region
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/09/12/142713.html

Chevron to Start Cardon III Seismic Work in January (2007)

BNamericas     
Friday, December 15, 2006 

US oil major Chevron (NYSE: CVX) will start a 3D data collection program in January at the Cardon III hydrocarbons block offshore Venezuela's Falcon state, a company official told BNamericas.
"We are going to shoot seismic for the block and the planning for it is going very well," Chevron Latin America Upstream president Ali Moshiri said.

The program start will depend on equipment availability, he added.

Chevron, which bid US$5.6mn for Cardon III, was formally awarded the block in October 2005 at a ceremony attended by Venezuela's President Hugo Chávez and Moshiri.
http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=39195
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2009, 11:49:15 AM »

Here's another interesting article....Its a long one so I will post the link and if Someone finds something interesting enough They can bring it over....

http://www.eia.doe.gov/cabs/Venezuela/Oil.html

In God We Trust!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »

I wish I had more time from work to study all of this but just wanted to commend all of you for the digging and the research. Very enlightening........must run back to work now but will read fully later tonight.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »

Jen it makes perfect sense.

And there are two posts that Kyle made that confirm it.

In one (I remember it clearly) he says they come in from 8-10 miles out to look closer to the shore for Natalee. That date will tell you when they knew or found Natalee or the remains suspected to be Natalee.

And Kyle makes another post where he says the have found what they are looking for but continue "searching". That never made any sense. Find what you were looking for but keep looking?

I know that first post about coming in from 8-10 miles out is here in our archives somewhere. If someone could find it - it would confirm a date and close the time line.

Also, when the mapping was done - they abruptly left. There was no need for more donations. They asked, but that was never the intent.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2009, 12:00:30 PM »

Here it is...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »

Thank You Lifesong......I will stop looking now for the map 

In God We Trust!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2009, 12:05:59 PM »

Here's another interesting article....Its a long one so I will post the link and if Someone finds something interesting enough They can bring it over....

Hotping - I could just kiss you!!!!!

From that article:
Pipelines

Venezuela has an extensive domestic oil pipeline system, providing transportation from production centers to refineries and coastal export terminals. Currently, the country does not have any export pipelines, but there has been discussion about constructing an oil pipeline to port in Colombia along the Pacific Ocean. This would facilitate greater Venezuelan crude exports to Asia, bypassing the Panama Canal bottleneck or the high costs of shipping around Cape Horn.
------------

I have been wanting for a VERY long time to get corroboration about the pipeline Oduber announced last June.

The above explains how it would work - from Colombia, thru Venezuela- to Aruba.

Here is the article from Oduber:

June 8 2008

Gas from Colombia for the production of electricity and water

ORANJESTAD – As respond on the increasing oil prices and its negative consequences for our island, the government has decided to import gas from Colombia. The electricity supply can be altered to use natural gas instead of fuel oil for an estimate of 20 millions. The production of electricity and water becomes 40 percent cheaper because of this, said Premier Nelson Oduber yesterday. “Besides, it’s going to be cleaner.”

The premier of Aruba made these comments during a press conference yesterday. He is just back from a working visit in Colombia. He took part as listener in the General Meeting of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Colombia. He met with the Colombian president Alvaro Uribe last Sunday discussed among others the energy policy. Uribe suggested supplying Aruba with natural gas, just like Colombia does with Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Panama. They agreed that the ambassador for the Kingdom will start negotiating today with the Colombian minister of Mining and energy. A delegation of representatives of WEB and Elmar intends to go to Colombia and work out the further details afterwards. This is an historic moment, said Oduber.

The premier says that altering the WEB to use natural gas instead of fuel oil must be possible in one year. WEB will take care of the costs, about 20 millions. The natural gas will have to be transported by ship in the beginning, but the construction of a pipeline must be considered on the medium- and long run. This pipeline will have to run via Venezuela to our island. Oduber thinks that this may take about 3 years. Apart from using the gas for the production of electricity and water, it can also be used for cars and in the houses. Oduber does not abandon the thoughts of other alternatives like wind- and sun energy, but these can only supply the island with a limited amount of electricity and water. Other energy sources like pet-coke and pitch are too expensive, says the premier. Also the deepwater cooling is no option. “We do not have deepwater here.”

Aqualectra-director Anton Casperson cannot judge the Aruban situation, but he considers 40 percent cheaper production costs for Curacao not reasonable. “Gas is indeed a serious option for us; especially from environmental considerations in combination with wind.”

Aqualectra is not in negotiations with the gas suppliers as yet. “The investments are high, and you must earn these back.” Aqualectra is in the process of adjusting the long-term plans as committed in the Plan 2020.

http://www.amigoe.com/english
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »

Jen it makes perfect sense.

And there are two posts that Kyle made that confirm it.

In one (I remember it clearly) he says they come in from 8-10 miles out to look closer to the shore for Natalee. That date will tell you when they knew or found Natalee or the remains suspected to be Natalee.

And Kyle makes another post where he says the have found what they are looking for but continue "searching". That never made any sense. Find what you were looking for but keep looking?

I know that first post about coming in from 8-10 miles out is here in our archives somewhere. If someone could find it - it would confirm a date and close the time line.

Also, when the mapping was done - they abruptly left. There was no need for more donations. They asked, but that was never the intent.

I remember those posts!

Hiya Rob!

I also remember a post from Kyle saying Richardson told them to KEEP looking in deep waters on/around the Jan 7 dive - which indicates they went straight out to deeper waters sometime between Dec 30 (Tim and Dateline off the boat) and Jan 7 when the Aruban dive on the cage took place.

And I hadn't even thought about the abrupt departure Rob!  Great point!!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »

Here it is...

Thanks Lifesong!

So that would put Aruba 14 miles to the South of Cardon III.

Hmmm and directly off the N/W coast of Aruba - precisely where Persistence was "searching".  Straight out from Palm Beach/Arashi Beach.
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2009, 12:13:02 PM »

Hotping - I could just kiss you!!!!!

From that article:
Pipelines

Venezuela has an extensive domestic oil pipeline system, providing transportation from production centers to refineries and coastal export terminals. Currently, the country does not have any export pipelines, but there has been discussion about constructing an oil pipeline to port in Colombia along the Pacific Ocean. This would facilitate greater Venezuelan crude exports to Asia, bypassing the Panama Canal bottleneck or the high costs of shipping around Cape Horn.
------------

I have been wanting for a VERY long time to get corroboration about the pipeline Oduber announced last June.

The above explains how it would work - from Colombia, thru Venezuela- to Aruba.

Here is the article from Oduber:

June 8 2008

Gas from Colombia for the production of electricity and water

ORANJESTAD – As respond on the increasing oil prices and its negative consequences for our island, the government has decided to import gas from Colombia. The electricity supply can be altered to use natural gas instead of fuel oil for an estimate of 20 millions. The production of electricity and water becomes 40 percent cheaper because of this, said Premier Nelson Oduber yesterday. “Besides, it’s going to be cleaner.”

The premier of Aruba made these comments during a press conference yesterday. He is just back from a working visit in Colombia. He took part as listener in the General Meeting of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Colombia. He met with the Colombian president Alvaro Uribe last Sunday discussed among others the energy policy. Uribe suggested supplying Aruba with natural gas, just like Colombia does with Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Panama. They agreed that the ambassador for the Kingdom will start negotiating today with the Colombian minister of Mining and energy. A delegation of representatives of WEB and Elmar intends to go to Colombia and work out the further details afterwards. This is an historic moment, said Oduber.

The premier says that altering the WEB to use natural gas instead of fuel oil must be possible in one year. WEB will take care of the costs, about 20 millions. The natural gas will have to be transported by ship in the beginning, but the construction of a pipeline must be considered on the medium- and long run. This pipeline will have to run via Venezuela to our island. Oduber thinks that this may take about 3 years. Apart from using the gas for the production of electricity and water, it can also be used for cars and in the houses. Oduber does not abandon the thoughts of other alternatives like wind- and sun energy, but these can only supply the island with a limited amount of electricity and water. Other energy sources like pet-coke and pitch are too expensive, says the premier. Also the deepwater cooling is no option. “We do not have deepwater here.”

Aqualectra-director Anton Casperson cannot judge the Aruban situation, but he considers 40 percent cheaper production costs for Curacao not reasonable. “Gas is indeed a serious option for us; especially from environmental considerations in combination with wind.”

Aqualectra is not in negotiations with the gas suppliers as yet. “The investments are high, and you must earn these back.” Aqualectra is in the process of adjusting the long-term plans as committed in the Plan 2020.

http://www.amigoe.com/english

Go Ahead and Throw Me One I'll Catch it...a Kiss that Is...lol   
I'm glad that You got Your corroboration! 

In God We Trust!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2009, 12:14:49 PM »

My thoughts exactly, Wreck! 

I don't know what to think either.

I'm wondering if maybe this is where Caps got some of his "dismembered" stuff though.

I'm also trying to remember who it was that posted here about the secret take-down of Aruban officials being prepared behind the scenes....anyone else remember that stuff?

Goodnight, Mere!

That's what Kyle inferred to us that the 40 (or 52) "CSI's from Holland" were doing on Aruba.

An investigation into the investigation.

Except that there never were any agents except in WLC's fevered rantings.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2009, 12:15:09 PM »

Here it is...

Aruba lies north of the Cardon III block, imo.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »

2NJ-  comparing those two maps - it does appear that way, doesn't it?

Which would mean Persistence would have had to be on the South side of the island - opposite of where they were.

IMO, we need to find out for sure.........
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »

Go Ahead and Throw Me One I'll Catch it...a Kiss that Is...lol   
I'm glad that You got Your corroboration! 
[/quote]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.