March 29, 2024, 02:16:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 439384 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1180 on: April 12, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »

I think both Sandra's mom and Grandmother where taken to the hospital that night. This is what Sandra's uncle said. Was there another ambulance call?

I didn't know the grandma went to the hospital. I was reading on another forum that Melissa went to the hospital that night as well, maybe that is wrong info.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1181 on: April 12, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »

Hi Monkey!!!!!
I so hope I am doing this right.  Thanks Klass for approving me.
WELCOME 4getUnot    
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1182 on: April 12, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

I really don't understand why there is such an issue with the possibility of a woman moving a 50 lbs. suitcase and putting it in a pond.  I am only 5'1" and of small stature.  I've moved around/carried/dragged suitcases and trunks (no wheels even)  that were at least 50 lbs. all over the world.  In and out of rental cars, up and down stairs when there was no elevator/escalator, through parking lots and yes, even over  rough terrain.  And I wasn't scared and trying to rid myself of a dead child's body, which would possibly be made easier by being alarmed or afraid (desperate) and an adrenaline factor kicking in.   That said, I think there was personally more involvement besides Melissa Huckaby in this case.  Melissa may have had help putting the suitcase in the water or someone else may have put it in the water or even she AND another person(s) could have put it into the water.  I don't know.  I'm just saying I believe it's possible she could have put it there herself.   I just went in and asked my hubby if he thought I would be able to move a 50 lb. suitcase out of a car, move it across a field and dump it in a pond and he said "of course".   I move around 50 lb. bags of mulch, fertilizer, dog food and etc.  Just sayin'...
Me too, I'm the same size of you, and sometimes I amaze myself at what I all lift and drag around. I'm stubborn and prefer to do things myself. I have no problem thinking Melissa could handle that suitcase. And it also had wheels, and you are right about the adrenaline factor kicking in. I have been thinking quite a bit about Rob's post about a jealousy factor, and now I have a couple scenarios in my head where this could be the case. I'm just glad I don't have small kids anymore, because it is hard enough explaining bad people to them, but even though I'm well aware of evil women, this one would certainly be a tough one to try and explain. It would be horrible enough to lose a child to a murderer, but my God, Sandra was best friends with Melissa's daughter, how Sandra's family must feel about this, I can't even begin to imagine.

I do not know this woman's stats - but as a 5'8" woman I KNOW I could carry a 50 lb suitcase to the car - get it in and put it in a pond. And that is even with RA decreasing my strength - heck I have carried my 10 year old who ways 100 lbs up the stairs when he has fallen asleep on the couch (which, by the way I am NEVER doing again!)

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1183 on: April 12, 2009, 03:52:28 PM »

If she just overdoseMHd her, why were they looking on the roof of that church?  And what was the fold up bed needed for?   

I had been thinking e wasn't on their radar.  But now I think she had been, and that they only arrested her when they did because she was talking to the media.  I wish they would hurry up whatever they are going to do.  Are they going to arrest more people or are they covering up their own tracks?  I still think that if Sandra was at that church, within walking distance from her home, dogs should have been able to alert to that fact. 

I think they have essentially arrested her, trying to quiet down the community, needing rest themselves, but something big is going to blow out of the water. 

I think she was on their radar if the report is correct that they had police posted outside her hospital room the entire time.  I know that was mentioned, but I don't know if that was confirmed.   

I think more information will come out on Tuesday when she is formally charged in front of the judge.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1184 on: April 12, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »

Welcome 4getunot! (and all of the new monkeys)

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1185 on: April 12, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »

I understood that SANDRA'S mother and grandmother went to the hospital the night she was found. Poss they went together in on ambulance, and Melissa went in the other? Just my guess.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1186 on: April 12, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »

No rose colored glasses, There are many rumors. It is one thing to speculate but many people are stating things which are just not true or based on hear say. We all know the telephone game, I think that is just running rampid right now. I am hoping we can get some light into these details soon so all of it can stop.

The first interview the family conducted the uncle talks about his sister, (sandra's mom), and his mother, (the grandmother) being taken to the hospital  to monitor blood pressure and so forth. if there was a 3rd person I do not know and didn't hear  about.
spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1187 on: April 12, 2009, 03:57:25 PM »

Tracygirl,  I was told a few times (because I called to make sure) to show up at the fire admin building and that I was going to be searching.  I was calling to verify because I was seeing on the news to go to Linne Rd.  When I got to the admin building, the searching was only by non civilians, so I was sent to Linne Rd.  So all I did was put fliers up around town and also where I live.

Like you, I drove around that area.  I don't think I passed the church as I only went to the entrance of the mobile home park.  I turned around in the Microtel across the street.  But last Saturday evening, I wanted to know if they were still doing aerial searches, so hubby and I went to dinner out in Tracy.  We drove a little bit and I wanted to see the Old River where they had been searching.  I remember that sharp left curve vividly. I remember the flashing lights too.  I went as far as the bridge and turned around.  I told hubby that as desolate as it was out there, that someone could do anything with a child there and nobody would know it.   I really really believed that this case was going to be different.  I wanted so badly to see her come home to her mom like the one girl who had been on the news.   
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1188 on: April 12, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
[/quote]

Welcome ForgetUnot!

I believe the people taken to the hospital were Sandra's Mom and Sandra's Grandmother, AND Melissa.  Not Melissa's grandmother.  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:40:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1189 on: April 12, 2009, 04:06:40 PM »

No rose colored glasses, There are many rumors. It is one thing to speculate but many people are stating things which are just not true or based on hear say. We all know the telephone game, I think that is just running rampid right now. I am hoping we can get some light into these details soon so all of it can stop.

The first interview the family conducted the uncle talks about his sister, (sandra's mom), and his mother, (the grandmother) being taken to the hospital  to monitor blood pressure and so forth. if there was a 3rd person I do not know and didn't hear  about.
I was trying to figure the day Melissa went to the hospital with the attempted sucide, I had heard that Monday as well, but I can't find anything in an article to verify that either.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1190 on: April 12, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »

I was trying to figure the day Melissa went to the hospital with the attempted sucide, I had heard that Monday as well, but I can't find anything in an article to verify that either.
Wasn't she released on Thursday and started to talking to the press Thursday and Friday?  For someone who has classified with relatives as very quiet, she was certainly chatty with strangers.   

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1191 on: April 12, 2009, 04:15:41 PM »

Tracygirl,  I was told a few times (because I called to make sure) to show up at the fire admin building and that I was going to be searching.  I was calling to verify because I was seeing on the news to go to Linne Rd.  When I got to the admin building, the searching was only by non civilians, so I was sent to Linne Rd.  So all I did was put fliers up around town and also where I live.

Like you, I drove around that area.  I don't think I passed the church as I only went to the entrance of the mobile home park.  I turned around in the Microtel across the street.  But last Saturday evening, I wanted to know if they were still doing aerial searches, so hubby and I went to dinner out in Tracy.  We drove a little bit and I wanted to see the Old River where they had been searching.  I remember that sharp left curve vividly. I remember the flashing lights too.  I went as far as the bridge and turned around.  I told hubby that as desolate as it was out there, that someone could do anything with a child there and nobody would know it.   I really really believed that this case was going to be different.  I wanted so badly to see her come home to her mom like the one girl who had been on the news.   

The girl from Vallejo? That was some story of survival and gutsl. I used that in my talk to my children that if anyone ever takes you to not give up, find your power and get away at the very first sign.  I told my kids that although you would be very scared, that feeling was not going to help you. You need to be angry and determined...That was the lesson I took from her. What an amazing young woman she is.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1192 on: April 12, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »

Wasn't she released on Thursday and started to talking to the press Thursday and Friday?  For someone who has classified with relatives as very quiet, she was certainly chatty with strangers.   
I know all this chatting, do you think with all this talking that she wanted to get caught? This is just plain weird all the things she was saying and that note she found, and talking about being questioned about a little girl and drugging. 
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1193 on: April 12, 2009, 04:20:14 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Welcome, 4getunot!!  Great to have you here.

It's odd, I was JUST thinking about how Melissa's daughter was said to be thin and sickly looking and thought about the possibility of Sandra having knowledge of this.  I'm wondering if MH's daughter was the one who said she was being abused and Sandra knew something or saw something done to her that would corroborate her claim.

There are plenty of well known cases in which moms starve and abuse their own kids.  If Sandra did, in fact, spend a lot of time there, she would probably have seen things that have alerted others and conveyed that to an adult if asked.  Maybe someone had caught on and was accusing MH of abuse.  If Sandra had been witness to anything and she thought she might get busted and/or lose her daughter, Sandra was a major threat.

I still think there was all kinds of funky crap going on with that "church".  I REALLY hope that MH's daughter is checked out very thoroughly - physically, mentally and emotionally.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:40:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1194 on: April 12, 2009, 04:22:55 PM »

Welcome ForgetUnot!

I believe the people taken to the hospital were Sandra's Mom and Sandra's Grandmother, AND Melissa.  Not Melissa's grandmother. 

If that is the case and Melissa was taken at that time due to the suicide attempt, perhaps that is why the police are so certain that Sandra's death occurred not long after she was skipping down the street.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1195 on: April 12, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »

Now I wonder how Sandra got to the church, surely with the cameras at the mobile park, LE must have seen Melissa leave the park, but where was Sandra? Maybe on the floor of the passenger side, or was she already in the suitcase, perhaps drugged but still alive?

My theory is that Sandra went willingly to the church with MH under false pretenses.  Notice on the surveillance tape that Sandra was skipping happily toward her house when she suddenly changed course and walked toward MH's home.  I think MH called to her.  I believe she was taking stuff to the church, which included the suitcase.  I believe that once there, Sandra helped her unload the stuff into the church.  When there, MH drugged her, gave her too much of whatever, and she overdosed and died.  MH panicked and placed her in the suit case, and the rest is history.  The only way we'll ever know if Sandra was still alive while in the suitcase is if the autopsy report shows (a) signs of water in her lungs (drowning) or (b) increased carbon dioxide in her blood or brain (suffocation).  I'm still praying for the drugging, because Sandra probably would not have known she was dying.  Ok, I'm having an emotional moment.  Gotta go.   

Edit to correct typo

Thanks MuffyBee for correcting my typo. I appreciate it. 

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1196 on: April 12, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »

Welcome ForgetUnot!

I believe the people taken to the hospital were Sandra's Mom and Sandra's Grandmother, AND Melissa.  Not Melissa's grandmother. 

If that is the case and Melissa was taken at that time due to the suicide attempt, perhaps that is why the police are so certain that Sandra's death occurred not long after she was skipping down the street.

flossy,
everyone went to the hospital when Sandra was found, IIRC.

So, that's why I think it was a suicide attempt. I think she felt guilty and she knew she was going to get caught.
And Monday evening until Thursday when she was released would make a 72 psych hold fit that timeline.

I think she wanted to get caught. Her loose lips and different stories for different people.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1197 on: April 12, 2009, 05:09:50 PM »

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=57695&catid=2

Melissa Huckaby's aunt Joni Hughes

Huckaby's Family in "Absolute Shock" Over Arrest
Written for the web byPosted By: Jason Kobely, Internet News Producer   

TRACY, CA - Relatives of a woman jailed on suspicion of killing an 8-year-old Tracy girl said the accusations against her do not sound like the person they know.

A man who refused to identify himself, but was believed to be Melissa Huckaby's brother read a statement to reporters Sunday outside the Orchard Estates mobile home park where 8-year-old Sandra Cantu was last seen alive.

"We know that the information we've been given regarding the charges against Melissa Huckaby are completely out of character for her," he said. "We know that the (Cantu) family and the community have a great many questions -- and so do we."

The man was joined by several other relatives, including Huckaby's grandfather, Clifford Lawless, who is pastor of the Clover Road Baptist Church that police searched twice during the investigation.

"We know that the church property has been the focus of some of the investigation and we are distressed that at the possibility that such a tragedy might have happened in a place of worship," the family spokesman said.

But Melissa Huckaby's aunt Joni Hughes said the family had no indication from authorities that Sandra's murder happened on church grounds.

"We're very, very shocked. It's very out of character for Melissa. We love her dearly," a shaken Hughes said. Hughes described Huckaby as a "fantastic mother, very loving. It's just a great sadness for our family."

Huckaby remained held in the San Joaquin County Jail under suicide watch. The family spokesman said some of Huckaby's family had tried to visit Melissa, but were turned away.

Services at Clover Road were held at noon on Easter Sunday as scheduled and the family spokesman said the church hoped to continue performing their community outreach services.

"There is nothing better that we can do except to pray for Sandra's family, to pray for Melissa, to pray for this community," Hughes said.

Created: 4/12/2009 12:47:25 PM Updated: 4/12/2009 1:02:49 PM
sleepyhead
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1198 on: April 12, 2009, 05:10:26 PM »

Maybe Melissa was giving or doing somehting to her own girl. Sickly and thin is not really a medical condition. I want a diagnosis.
Also, we don't know what was wrong with Melissa. Some of these types of illnesses begin in early adulthood and progress.
Great Grandma was there, so how is this going on without her knowledge of something when Sandra was first reported missing that Friday night?
Sandra was five doors away from her own house, how could any person in the Cantu family have known what was going to happen ? Five doors away at a neighbours seems pretty safe. Or did the fact that they were church people give an undeserved respectabilty to the situation ? 

I was going to say the same thing you just said. Got thinking and thought maybe she drugs her own child to keep her sick for attention and Sandra may have drank or ate something that was meant for MH's child.  Now, the fact that LE has charged her with Kidnapping as well as murder, she definitely took her to the church against her will. I believe if Sandra went willingly, she would have went and asked her mom if she could go, or even call her and ask. I just can't for the life of me understand why a grown woman would drug a child. She has to be doing something to them, maybe she is a pedo. Its not unheard of for a woman to do so. She could have also been dating a pedo and was doing him a favor. I think we will find out that woman is more looney than her Dr's thought. She never should have been out of that mental hospital.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1199 on: April 12, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/19161137/detail.html#

Huckaby's Relatives Convey 'Shock'
Family Expresses Sympathy To Cantu Family

POSTED: 11:30 am PDT April 12, 2009
UPDATED: 1:20 pm PDT April 12, 2009

Sandra Cantu, seen here in a family photo, disappeared March 27. Her body was later found in a piece of luggage pulled from an irrigation pond north of her home in Tracy.

TRACY, Calif. --Relatives of Melissa Huckaby expressed their "shock" during a news conference in Tracy Sunday morning.

"We're very, very shocked. This is very out of character for Melissa. We love her dearly," Huckaby's aunt Joni Hughes said.

Members of the Huckaby family gathered out the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

A man, who would only identify himself as "a member of the family," spoke on their behalf and expressed condolences to the family of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. KCRA 3 later learned the male relative was Huckaby's uncle and son of Pastor Lane Lawless, Brett Lawless.

"We, the family, would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family. We are deeply sadden by the loss of this beautiful little girl and cannot begin to imagine the immeasurable loss that her family has experienced," Brett Lawless said.

Watch: Huckaby Relatives Express Sympathy To Cantu Family

During an Easter Sunday service, Pastor Lane Lawless told the congregation to pray for the family who lost a child. Lawless also said, "Nothing can be more tragic than losing a child. We know not the reasons why things happen. Help us understand"
(snipped)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.