April 19, 2024, 12:46:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 440403 times)
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1200 on: April 12, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »

Hi all -
Thank you to everyone for all of the kind welcome messages - so very nice! (Made my evening last night!) This really seems like a great group; thank you for welcoming me & the other newbies "to the cage".   

Nothing really enlightening to say; I am in agreement with so many who are saying that there are probably still more skeletons to be revealed. Along with others here, my gut is doing flip flops - something feels very very wrong here. IMHO, there is more yet to be uncovered; MH may be the only one charged (thus far) in THIS PARTICULAR CASE, but there could well have been a grander scheme behind MH’s abduction of dear little Sandra - MH just botched it or it all went wrong too soon. I believe LE will be piecing together all of the info they have gathered from the church, the Lawless home & MH herself in the days to come...

I also agree that Melissa's 5 year old (why are we hearing nothing of her?) surely must hold a number of clues regarding her mother's activities. I would hope LE is exploring that.

Thank you also for posting the video that discusses the other girl found drugged... WTH?!? Surely there is a reason why LE is not talking about this as yet. Mr. Sheneman seems so professional; hope I'm not being too gullible trusting that he will continue to dig...
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1201 on: April 12, 2009, 05:42:42 PM »

The drug that was given to the 7 year old  who MH was questioned about, what is that drug? Is it easily attainable? If a doc gave a script what conditions is it used for? also, does it come as a liquid  or is it melt-able so to put in juice? If she was drugged how did she get her to take it?

One thing that bothers me is a lot of people say Sandra wouldn't have left the mobile park without asking. I am going to take that as truth. So how could MH get Sandra out of the park without alerting people she was doing that, no one saw Sandra leave, or without Sandra asking permission? The only things I can think of is, MH tricked Sandra by saying to her, I asked your mom if you could help me and she said ok, so come on...or she took her unwillingly into her car.

She took Sandra to the church before anyone knew that Sandra was missing...that would give her at least 4 hrs until the police were called..no one would have thought anything of this Melissa leaving the park around 4 cause no one knew anything at that time...
Also what I thought,,,that she told Sandra that she had called her mom and that mom had said that it was ok if Sandra went with her....still...what was the motive unless it was an accident of some sort...no one saw her leave with an alive Sandra? where was her own daughter? where were the grand parents? 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1202 on: April 12, 2009, 05:51:32 PM »

Just looked at Huckaby's intake sheet on the Sheriff's site.  It's been amended.  She's being charged with intentional homicide under Section 187(a) of the California Crimes Code, which states:

187.  (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a
fetus, with malice aforethought.

Malice can be express ("I intended to kill") or implied (the actor acted with a malignant heart, regardless of whether he/she intended to kill; for example, a drug administered to have a debilitating effect, but not necessarily with a specific intent to kill, that results in death). Any murder that is committed during the course of a kidnapping is First Degree murder.  Also, any murder committed during the performance of, or the intent to perform, a lewd or lascivious act upon a child, is First Degree.  I vote for a Murder 1 charge because of the murder/kidnapping combo.  I also think she's confessed to deliberately killing Sandra (based on an earlier media report), so I don't think "malignant heart" murder will be considered.  We'll see though. 

Kidnapping is still on there.  It's a special circumstance warranting punishment by death.  The commission of a lewd or lascivious act upon a child under the age of 14 is also a special circumstance.  Since that will have to be specifically plead, we should know at Tuesday's arraignment if that will be charged.  I sincerely doubt it, as I still don't think this crime had a sexual motivation.  Of course, charges can be added or dropped at any time, so they could always amend later.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1203 on: April 12, 2009, 05:51:58 PM »

No rose colored glasses, There are many rumors. It is one thing to speculate but many people are stating things which are just not true or based on hear say. We all know the telephone game, I think that is just running rampid right now. I am hoping we can get some light into these details soon so all of it can stop.

The first interview the family conducted the uncle talks about his sister, (sandra's mom), and his mother, (the grandmother) being taken to the hospital  to monitor blood pressure and so forth. if there was a 3rd person I do not know and didn't hear  about.
I was trying to figure the day Melissa went to the hospital with the attempted sucide, I had heard that Monday as well, but I can't find anything in an article to verify that either.
Wasn't she released on Thursday and started to talking to the press Thursday and Friday?  For someone who has classified with relatives as very quiet, she was certainly chatty with strangers.   
I know all this chatting, do you think with all this talking that she wanted to get caught? This is just plain weird all the things she was saying and that note she found, and talking about being questioned about a little girl and drugging. 

yes....

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1204 on: April 12, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »

Hi all -
Thank you to everyone for all of the kind welcome messages - so very nice! (Made my evening last night!) This really seems like a great group; thank you for welcoming me & the other newbies "to the cage".   

Nothing really enlightening to say; I am in agreement with so many who are saying that there are probably still more skeletons to be revealed. Along with others here, my gut is doing flip flops - something feels very very wrong here. IMHO, there is more yet to be uncovered; MH may be the only one charged (thus far) in THIS PARTICULAR CASE, but there could well have been a grander scheme behind MH’s abduction of dear little Sandra - MH just botched it or it all went wrong too soon. I believe LE will be piecing together all of the info they have gathered from the church, the Lawless home & MH herself in the days to come...

I also agree that Melissa's 5 year old (why are we hearing nothing of her?) surely must hold a number of clues regarding her mother's activities. I would hope LE is exploring that.

Thank you also for posting the video that discusses the other girl found drugged... WTH?!? Surely there is a reason why LE is not talking about this as yet. Mr. Sheneman seems so professional; hope I'm not being too gullible trusting that he will continue to dig...

I was looking at a video of a reporter interviewing MH on the phone.  You can actually hear her answers and her deceptively charming voice.  (you can find it on youtube.  Search reporter interviews huckaby).  There are 2 videos on the site. Both cut off just as she was getting ready to explain the prior drugging incident.  She says she took her and her daughter's friend to the park like she had done 3 times before.  She said she gave the girls caretaker her cell phone number in case she needed to get her.  She said she returned the girl home in the afternoon.  She said then, around 2 a.m., the police showed up and. . . . . . . the video cuts off.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1205 on: April 12, 2009, 05:59:22 PM »

JessStar,

Thank you for the legal details.  These days when a death is accidental, I think the reflex and reaction of most people would be to call 9-1-1.  It has been ingrained into us for years to do just that.

I don't buy any more the death by accident, then panic.  I know it is possible, I just don't think it likely.  Especially followed by putting the body in a suitcase, etc.

So I think you are helpful to state the specifics because I think one or more of those will remain the charges.  And I further speculate this will be a death penalty case.  The family will ask for it and they have the right to do that.

So now we know who, where and somewhat of the what.

It's that WHY that is so maddening!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1206 on: April 12, 2009, 06:02:43 PM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/19161137/detail.html#

Huckaby's Relatives Convey 'Shock'
Family Expresses Sympathy To Cantu Family

POSTED: 11:30 am PDT April 12, 2009
UPDATED: 1:20 pm PDT April 12, 2009

Sandra Cantu, seen here in a family photo, disappeared March 27. Her body was later found in a piece of luggage pulled from an irrigation pond north of her home in Tracy.

TRACY, Calif. --Relatives of Melissa Huckaby expressed their "shock" during a news conference in Tracy Sunday morning.

"We're very, very shocked. This is very out of character for Melissa. We love her dearly," Huckaby's aunt Joni Hughes said.

Members of the Huckaby family gathered out the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

A man, who would only identify himself as "a member of the family," spoke on their behalf and expressed condolences to the family of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. KCRA 3 later learned the male relative was Huckaby's uncle and son of Pastor Lane Lawless, Brett Lawless.

"We, the family, would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family. We are deeply sadden by the loss of this beautiful little girl and cannot begin to imagine the immeasurable loss that her family has experienced," Brett Lawless said.

Watch: Huckaby Relatives Express Sympathy To Cantu Family

During an Easter Sunday service, Pastor Lane Lawless told the congregation to pray for the family who lost a child. Lawless also said, "Nothing can be more tragic than losing a child. We know not the reasons why things happen. Help us understand"
(snipped)

I watched the video, that was heartbreaking. This family is in shock and in great sadness. If you look at them, they are just like every other family. The children there looked perfectly fine, sad but fine. I also find it interesting how pastor Lawless was asked a question but the family did not let him speak. Maybe our first impression of his possibly having the start of dementia was not that far off. I think the crime is with MH, her family did not have a hand in this. JMHO

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1207 on: April 12, 2009, 06:26:34 PM »

I guess I should have included the kidnapping charge--207(A) kidnapping, which is forcibly, or my means of instilling fear, taking or detaining another.  207(b) is kidnapping for the purpose of committing a 288 act upon a child, which has not been charged.  It's getting interesting, fellow monkeys.  Maybe we're all being sidetracked by the drugging incident.  We'll have to see what the tox report says and what happens at the arraignment.  Of course, there were the preliminary autopsy reports some of the media outlets were talking about that said her body displayed no visible signs of trauma.  We'll have to wait and see. 

On the procedural side, I believe this is what we can expect.  There will be an arraignment on Tuesday (unless it's postponed).  The three charges will be read (Murder, Murder 1 and Kidnapping), Monster Woman will be read her constitutional rights, including right to counsel, and she'll be remanded to custody.

The judge will then set a preliminary hearing.  I'm not sure the the timeframe for that.  At the prelim, the judge will determine whether there is sufficient evidence for the judge to reasonably infer that the defendant committed the crime.  If so, monster woman will be held over for trial.

The prosecution then has 15 days to file an information.  This is the formal document that sets forth the specific charges that will be tried.  The defendant will again be arraigned on the information, and a trial date will be set.  Trial must occur within 60 days, unless the defendant waives the time period or requests a longer time period.

As an aside, I wonder what attorney will have the guts to represent her.  If Madoff's attorney was getting death threats over money, imagine what the appointed attorney will be faced with.  I know I could never represent her.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1208 on: April 12, 2009, 06:29:53 PM »

JessStar,

Thank you for the legal details.  These days when a death is accidental, I think the reflex and reaction of most people would be to call 9-1-1.  It has been ingrained into us for years to do just that.

I don't buy any more the death by accident, then panic.  I know it is possible, I just don't think it likely.  Especially followed by putting the body in a suitcase, etc.

So I think you are helpful to state the specifics because I think one or more of those will remain the charges.  And I further speculate this will be a death penalty case.  The family will ask for it and they have the right to do that.

I agree with you Anna.  It is very maddening.  I read earlier that she admitted to deliberately killing the poor child.  Why. . . . . .  I think we'll know more pretty soon.

dawg
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1209 on: April 12, 2009, 06:35:45 PM »

JessStar,

I agree with you Anna.  It is very maddening.  I read earlier that she admitted to deliberately killing the poor child.  Why. . . . . .  I think we'll know more pretty soon.

Do you have a link to the article saying she deliberately killed her i would like to read it. Thanks and if you dont have one that ok to.
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1210 on: April 12, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »

Just looked at Huckaby's intake sheet on the Sheriff's site.  It's been amended.  She's being charged with intentional homicide under Section 187(a) of the California Crimes Code, which states:

Malice can be express ("I intended to kill") or implied (the actor acted with a malignant heart, regardless of whether he/she intended to kill; for example, a drug administered to have a debilitating effect, but not necessarily with a specific intent to kill, that results in death). Any murder that is committed during the course of a kidnapping is First Degree murder.  Also, any murder committed during the performance of, or the intent to perform, a lewd or lascivious act upon a child, is First Degree.  I vote for a Murder 1 charge because of the murder/kidnapping combo.  I also think she's confessed to deliberately killing Sandra (based on an earlier media report), so I don't think "malignant heart" murder will be considered.  We'll see though. 

Kidnapping is still on there.  It's a special circumstance warranting punishment by death.  The commission of a lewd or lascivious act upon a child under the age of 14 is also a special circumstance.  Since that will have to be specifically plead, we should know at Tuesday's arraignment if that will be charged.  I sincerely doubt it, as I still don't think this crime had a sexual motivation.  Of course, charges can be added or dropped at any time, so they could always amend later.

How do you get criminal records like this? Do you guys pay for them or what...just wondering.
dawg
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1211 on: April 12, 2009, 06:57:39 PM »

How do you get criminal records like this? Do you guys pay for them or what...just wondering.

Heres the jail report but I have no clue about the others
http://207.104.50.87/whosincustody/RecentBookings.aspx
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1212 on: April 12, 2009, 07:08:03 PM »

At this site:  http://www.co.san-joaquin.ca.us/sheriff/wic.htm

Click on the "Whose in Custody" link, type in Huckaby, and you'll see it.

lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1213 on: April 12, 2009, 07:13:24 PM »

At this site:  http://www.co.san-joaquin.ca.us/sheriff/wic.htm

Click on the "Whose in Custody" link, type in Huckaby, and you'll see it.
Yes I see it but im wondering like how I can look up that stuff in my community...See what im living by...but when I try it wants me to pay.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1214 on: April 12, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »

snip from Tracy:
I watched the video, that was heartbreaking. This family is in shock and in great sadness. If you look at them, they are just like every other family. The children there looked perfectly fine, sad but fine. I also find it interesting how pastor Lawless was asked a question but the family did not let him speak. Maybe our first impression of his possibly having the start of dementia was not that far off. I think the crime is with MH, her family did not have a hand in this. JMHO

I agree....

lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1215 on: April 12, 2009, 07:16:48 PM »

snip from Tracy:

I agree....
I havent heard from MH parents just grandparents and uncles and aunts...Is it just me or is her parents there as well?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1216 on: April 12, 2009, 07:21:02 PM »

snip from Tracy:

I agree....
I havent heard from MH parents just grandparents and uncles and aunts...Is it just me or is her parents there as well?

that I don't know...

leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1217 on: April 12, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »

snip from Tracy:

I agree....

I concur as well. There is a bad seed in every family... just not every bad seed murders. I really hope none of her family or any of the church members were involved. I keep thinking that she may have just told Williams a different story like she did the media so she would be caught.
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1218 on: April 12, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »

snip from Tracy:

I agree....

I concur as well. There is a bad seed in every family... just not every bad seed murders. I really hope none of her family or any of the church members were involved. I keep thinking that she may have just told Williams a different story like she did the media so she would be caught.
Yea maybe the guiltyness got to her..It would me if I were in her shoes..Probally why she attempted suicide she couldnt stand herself for what she did to Saunra...JMO
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1219 on: April 12, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »

I don't know what to think anymore. 

At first we have LE questioning certain folks, searching homes and dragging away cars and other things from those homes. 

Then Sandra's body is found. 

The focus shifts when this woman seemingly comes out of nowhere saying some outlandish things.  Outlandish when one takes a step back and looks at the whole of what she said.  Her stories didn't make sense, they didn't match up.  It really seems as tho she was saying/doing everything possible to make LE arrest her.  All she needed was a sign on her forehead that says I did it.  The note was close. 

I have to ask......... wtf? 

One thing I do know for sure, the focus (at least the public's eye) seems to be off those who were originally questioned, homes searched, things taken by LE. 

And... was that the intent all along? 

Is there one or more hiding behind Melissa, hoping beyond hope that LE will not dig into this further and/or will no longer be looking in their direction? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.