April 19, 2024, 08:11:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 440383 times)
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1220 on: April 12, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »

I don't know what to think anymore. 

At first we have LE questioning certain folks, searching homes and dragging away cars and other things from those homes. 

Then Sandra's body is found. 

The focus shifts when this woman seemingly comes out of nowhere saying some outlandish things.  Outlandish when one takes a step back and looks at the whole of what she said.  Her stories didn't make sense, they didn't match up.  It really seems as tho she was saying/doing everything possible to make LE arrest her.  All she needed was a sign on her forehead that says I did it.  The note was close. 

I have to ask......... wtf? 

One thing I do know for sure, the focus (at least the public's eye) seems to be off those who were originally questioned, homes searched, things taken by LE. 

And... was that the intent all along? 

Is there one or more hiding behind Melissa, hoping beyond hope that LE will not dig into this further and/or will no longer be looking in their direction? 

so many strange things going on in this world anymore
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1221 on: April 12, 2009, 07:56:04 PM »

Just a sidenote from one who knows....

A good majority of times, when "a ring" is discovered, (that being a sex ring, a cult, etc), what also is discovered is Intergenerational abuse. MEANING: The abuse passed from father to son or daughter, parent to child, sibling to sibling etc.... and it continues into the next generation and so on.  Very often using others outside the family as well, as victims.  

Not saying this has happened in Sandra's case, that she was caught up by this type of ring and abusers etc. 

Yes I watched the video of Melissa's family.  And yes, they do look and act as any other family in this situation would look and act.   I also know from experience that a family in this situation would, at all costs, appear to be 'normal' in every way. 

And then there's the possibility that Melissa has found herself in amongst a different family or ring of people doing this exact thing. 

Just saying.. am kicked back and watching this whole thing unfold.  And I won't be at all surprised if we later hear that all the above or part of it is the actual case.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1222 on: April 12, 2009, 08:00:57 PM »

At first we have LE questioning certain folks, searching homes and dragging away cars and other things from those homes. 

The focus shifts when this woman seemingly comes out of nowhere saying some outlandish things.  Outlandish when one takes a step back and looks at the whole of what she said.  Her stories didn't make sense, they didn't match up.  It really seems as tho she was saying/doing everything possible to make LE arrest her.  All she needed was a sign on her forehead that says I did it.  The note was close. 

One thing I do know for sure, the focus (at least the public's eye) seems to be off those who were originally questioned, homes searched, things taken by LE. 

Is there one or more hiding behind Melissa, hoping beyond hope that LE will not dig into this further and/or will no longer be looking in their direction? 

I am wondering why they gave MH her van back to begin with. I really think they were looking at a male committing this crime. Sadly if she would have kept her mouth shut this crime may have remained unsolved. Fortunately she basically turned herself in. It just makes me mad that she " found" a note with all those clues INCLUDING The street name and LE didn't follow that up
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1223 on: April 12, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »

snip from Tracy:
I watched the video, that was heartbreaking. This family is in shock and in great sadness. If you look at them, they are just like every other family. The children there looked perfectly fine, sad but fine. I also find it interesting how pastor Lawless was asked a question but the family did not let him speak. Maybe our first impression of his possibly having the start of dementia was not that far off. I think the crime is with MH, her family did not have a hand in this. JMHO

I agree....
I havent heard from MH parents just grandparents and uncles and aunts...Is it just me or is her parents there as well?

I can only assumed her parents are devastated. Can you imagine? Having your child be arrested for such a horrible crime and face life in prison and possible death would be hard for any parent to wrap their brain around. I would guess, the aunt and uncle spoke for the family, such the way Sandra's have done. I guess if and when we hear her family may have caused MH harm which lead to this crime, I can't go there with her family. I can understand why people are. it is important for people to put this into a perspective which is understandable.

The why, once we hear it, we may not be able to understand. Sane people cannot understand insane acts.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1224 on: April 12, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »

Sort of O/T, Samantha Runnion's mom was on JVM....talking about high profile missing persons cases...and she said that not 1 state is in full compliance with the National Sex Offender Registery...and our country has lost track of over 100,000 sex offenders.  How sad    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1225 on: April 12, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »

A good majority of times, when "a ring" is discovered, (that being a sex ring, a cult, etc), what also is discovered is Intergenerational abuse. MEANING: The abuse passed from father to son or daughter, parent to child, sibling to sibling etc.... and it continues into the next generation and so on.  Very often using others outside the family as well, as victims.  

Not saying this has happened in Sandra's case, that she was caught up by this type of ring and abusers etc. 

Yes I watched the video of Melissa's family.  And yes, they do look and act as any other family in this situation would look and act.   I also know from experience that a family in this situation would, at all costs, appear to be 'normal' in every way. 

And then there's the possibility that Melissa has found herself in amongst a different family or ring of people doing this exact thing. 

Just saying.. am kicked back and watching this whole thing unfold.  And I won't be at all surprised if we later hear that all the above or part of it is the actual case.

Sorry... editing to add:

"Yes I watched the video of Melissa's family.  And yes, they do look and act as any other family in this situation would look and act.   I also know from experience that an intergenerational abusive family in this situation would, at all costs, appear to be 'normal' in every way.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1226 on: April 12, 2009, 08:11:17 PM »

snip from Tracy:
I watched the video, that was heartbreaking. This family is in shock and in great sadness. If you look at them, they are just like every other family. The children there looked perfectly fine, sad but fine. I also find it interesting how pastor Lawless was asked a question but the family did not let him speak. Maybe our first impression of his possibly having the start of dementia was not that far off. I think the crime is with MH, her family did not have a hand in this. JMHO

I agree....
I havent heard from MH parents just grandparents and uncles and aunts...Is it just me or is her parents there as well?

I can only assumed her parents are devastated. Can you imagine? Having your child be arrested for such a horrible crime and face life in prison and possible death would be hard for any parent to wrap their brain around. I would guess, the aunt and uncle spoke for the family, such the way Sandra's have done. I guess if and when we hear her family may have caused MH harm which lead to this crime, I can't go there with her family. I can understand why people are. it is important for people to put this into a perspective which is understandable.

The why, once we hear it, we may not be able to understand. Sane people cannot understand insane acts.
Just alittle surprized not to hear anything on the parents..I would still be there for my daughter even know she did the wrong thing...I would still offer my condolinces {sp} to Sandras family..so sad
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1227 on: April 12, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »

Just looked at Huckaby's intake sheet on the Sheriff's site.  It's been amended.  She's being charged with intentional homicide under Section 187(a) of the California Crimes Code, which states:

187.  (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a
fetus, with malice aforethought.

Malice can be express ("I intended to kill") or implied (the actor acted with a malignant heart, regardless of whether he/she intended to kill; for example, a drug administered to have a debilitating effect, but not necessarily with a specific intent to kill, that results in death). Any murder that is committed during the course of a kidnapping is First Degree murder.  Also, any murder committed during the performance of, or the intent to perform, a lewd or lascivious act upon a child, is First Degree.  I vote for a Murder 1 charge because of the murder/kidnapping combo.  I also think she's confessed to deliberately killing Sandra (based on an earlier media report), so I don't think "malignant heart" murder will be considered.  We'll see though. 

Kidnapping is still on there.  It's a special circumstance warranting punishment by death.  The commission of a lewd or lascivious act upon a child under the age of 14 is also a special circumstance.  Since that will have to be specifically plead, we should know at Tuesday's arraignment if that will be charged.  I sincerely doubt it, as I still don't think this crime had a sexual motivation.  Of course, charges can be added or dropped at any time, so they could always amend later.

How do you get criminal records like this? Do you guys pay for them or what...just wondering.

At this site:  http://www.co.san-joaquin.ca.us/sheriff/wic.htm

Click on the "Whose in Custody" link, type in Huckaby, and you'll see it.
Yes I see it but im wondering like how I can look up that stuff in my community...See what im living by...but when I try it wants me to pay.

It depends on your community.  Sometimes it is provided as a free service, other times you have to pay.  Also, sometimes you have to hit your department of corrections website as opposed to sheriff or other LE.  So check your state department of corrections site (or whatever it might be called in your state).

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1228 on: April 12, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »

Recent articles quote LE saying she was a "POI" from the beginning.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1229 on: April 12, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »

Sort of O/T, Samantha Runnion's mom was on JVM....talking about high profile missing persons cases...and she said that not 1 state is in full compliance with the National Sex Offender Registery...and our country has lost track of over 100,000 sex offenders.  How sad    

saw that ! boggles the mind doesn't it? how does this happen? we can put men on the moon but we can't keep track of sex offenders and we can't protect our children? Heck, I'm no rocket scientist but even I can figure out that if these sex offenders are never let out of jail, we wouldn't lose them! we would know where they were..in jail where they belong!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1230 on: April 12, 2009, 08:17:20 PM »

JessStar,

Thank you for the legal details.  These days when a death is accidental, I think the reflex and reaction of most people would be to call 9-1-1.  It has been ingrained into us for years to do just that.

I don't buy any more the death by accident, then panic.  I know it is possible, I just don't think it likely.  Especially followed by putting the body in a suitcase, etc.

So I think you are helpful to state the specifics because I think one or more of those will remain the charges.  And I further speculate this will be a death penalty case.  The family will ask for it and they have the right to do that.

So now we know who, where and somewhat of the what.

It's that WHY that is so maddening!

I agree with you Anna.  It is very maddening.  I read earlier that she admitted to deliberately killing the poor child.  Why. . . . . .  I think we'll know more pretty soon.

Do you have a link to the article saying she deliberately killed her i would like to read it. Thanks and if you dont have one that ok to.

I've been trying to find it and i can't.  I saw it early this morning.  I'll keep looking.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1231 on: April 12, 2009, 08:36:46 PM »

JessStar,

Thank you for the legal details.  These days when a death is accidental, I think the reflex and reaction of most people would be to call 9-1-1.  It has been ingrained into us for years to do just that.

I don't buy any more the death by accident, then panic.  I know it is possible, I just don't think it likely.  Especially followed by putting the body in a suitcase, etc.

So I think you are helpful to state the specifics because I think one or more of those will remain the charges.  And I further speculate this will be a death penalty case.  The family will ask for it and they have the right to do that.

So now we know who, where and somewhat of the what.

It's that WHY that is so maddening!

I agree with you Anna.  It is very maddening.  I read earlier that she admitted to deliberately killing the poor child.  Why. . . . . .  I think we'll know more pretty soon.

Do you have a link to the article saying she deliberately killed her i would like to read it. Thanks and if you dont have one that ok to.

I've been trying to find it and i can't.  I saw it early this morning.  I'll keep looking.

I'll have to "retract" that comment as I can't find where I saw the information.  I checked my history, and can't locate it.  It could have been a comment to one of the news articles I read and just got everything jumbled in my mind.  Be that as it may, the charges appear to suggest a deliberate killing.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1232 on: April 12, 2009, 08:42:20 PM »

snip from Tracy:

I agree....

Just alittle surprized not to hear anything on the parents..I would still be there for my daughter even know she did the wrong thing...I would still offer my condolinces {sp} to Sandras family..so sad

They may be there, we dont know. The family spoke for everyone is how I took it. I dont' think anyone is without pain in this. It is a very sad situation for all involved, the victim, the families, the friends.... The discovery of a woman doing this and the mother of a playmate, I don't think the best crime story author could have written this. Then to hear the family say this was out of character for her, they beleived her to be a good mom, she loved kids...Just shocking.

Samantha's Runnion, poor little girl. I will never forget her beautiful smile. I bet Sandra and Samantha are becoming fast friends in heaven.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1233 on: April 12, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »

I think you may be right. Do you feel that perhaps if Melissa herself has been the victim of abuse, could she from that have snapped? I'm at a loss here, thinking all kinds of things, and perhaps she is very mentally ill.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1234 on: April 12, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:42:33 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1235 on: April 12, 2009, 08:44:33 PM »

I will never forget Samantha Runnion either....such a heartbreak ....sweet little girl....

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1236 on: April 12, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »

Horrible. I remember little Samantha like it was yesterday, being that we didn't live that far from her. I followed everything in that case, what a beautiful little girl she was, and her mother seems like such a wonderful woman.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1237 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:12 PM »

I did find this:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/11/california.girl.arrest/index.html

snippet:
"Asked whether authorities believe Sandra's death was planned, Sheneman said the question is "not something I can answer right now" but "we do have an indication." He said authorities have found where they believe the girl was killed, but would not divulge that location to reporters".

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/2009/04/11/Police-More-arrests-not/1239491236.html
snippet:
"I wouldn't even begin to theorize what her motive is," Sheneman said.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1238 on: April 12, 2009, 08:51:03 PM »

Hi My Monkeys.
I have now just finally came back to Sandra's cage. I have been reading online and Dolce was kind enough to tell me about .. the findings of Ms. Lawless/Huckaby.
I am with all of you deeply disturbed by everything.

I need to do some repair here I think. I want to apologize to Tracygirl. I think my brain split in two when they confirmed that Sandra was inside the suitcase.. and I didnt think prior to typing my reaction. I had only found out but a Minute or so .. and I responded here.
I feel the need to tell Tracygirl and Edward .. that it was not to you my anger came out ..was of the News that hit me like a train.  I apologize.
I just had to get that off my plate. I promise to behave from now on.

Tracygirl  I see your in the room .. I hope you read this.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1239 on: April 12, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »

Horrible. I remember little Samantha like it was yesterday, being that we didn't live that far from her. I followed everything in that case, what a beautiful little girl she was, and her mother seems like such a wonderful woman.

I was living in so cal then as well. Just a shock to hear she was found as she was. Anthony Martinez was another child I will never forget. Another puppy story. The man was arrested years later.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.