April 24, 2024, 10:23:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 440612 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1680 on: April 14, 2009, 02:00:19 PM »

San Joaquin County Superior Court
Stockton Courthouse
April 14, 2009

NOTICE TO THE MEDIA:

The arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:00pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue , Stockton , CA 95202 .

The case number will be determined upon filing of the complaint.  Please see the attached order regarding media activity in public areas in the courthouse.  Also attached is a copy of the court’s local rule 1-107 regarding media coverage.

2009-04-13 Order Regarding Media Activity In Public Areas Within The Courthouse

Pool cameras will be admitted into the courtroom starting at 12:15 pm .  The following personnel will be admitted and allowed to gather images and sound:

Two (2) TV pool cameras (16x 9 and 4x3) – To be determined by the media
One (1) still photograph camera – Associated Press
One (1) video camera for newspapers – Stockton Record
One (1) pool designee for radio – KFBK 1530 AM

No live transmission will be allowed.

Due to high media interest, there will be limited courtroom seating; not all media may be allowed in the courtroom.

20 seats have been designated for journalists.  The following media agencies have been chosen by members of the Statewide Bench-Bar-Media Committee to occupy those seats:

Sacramento Bee
Tracy Press
Stockton Record
Bay Area News Group
Associated Press
San Francisco Chronicle (print pool)

KOVR-TV (CBS affiliate)
KCRA-TV
KXTV-News10
Univision, Channel 19
ABC Network News
NBC Network News
KTVU (Fox affiliate)

The remaining 7 seats designated for journalists will be assigned by lottery.  The lottery will occur at 11:30 am at the Clerk’s Office in Room 303 (3rd Floor).

Parking for media will be available on the 200 block of Main Street between San Joaquin and Hunter.  Your media credentials will be needed to park in this designated area.

Regular updates will me made to this site.

Please refer all questions to:

Stephanie Bohrer, Public Information Officer
(209)468-2878 phone
(209)479-6542 cell
(209)468-8576 fax
sbohrer@courts.san-joaquin.ca.us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice: Due to temporary technical difficulties, name queries or other information on this system may not be accurate, complete or published. For Civil Tentative Rulings, they will be faxed if a fax number was provided by all parties. For further inquiries, please call 209-468-2933 before 4:00 p.m. For information on Probate Tentative Rulings/Notes ONLY please call 209-468-9895 before 4:00 p.m.
http://www.stocktoncourt.org/

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1681 on: April 14, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »

i just clicked on the link to mh myspace the picture is gone..and so is the status mood that was there..she must have gave someone her myspace password because the last login is today..
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1682 on: April 14, 2009, 02:01:27 PM »

My husband read today in the San Joaquin herald MH ex husband had supervised visits because of child abduction, drinking and DV. Interesting! You will find it about 1/2 way down the article

http://**/ci_12133607

I wondered about the Domestic abuse. But this is interesting he has a history of child abduction!  It says he had supervised visits and was ordered to pay child support but I thought Madison wasn't his daughter? So many conflicting stories!
His children or child or other people's children? This is just plain weird, I would like to hear more on this.

I want to hear more too! I found that as an interesting bit of information. I bet if we can find an arrest record on him it would give light to what this was about.

Oh I'm sure it will come out!  In fact there will probably be a lot of unhappy people whose pasts are going to come out as result of MH.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1683 on: April 14, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »

http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/771357.html

sleepyhead
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1684 on: April 14, 2009, 02:08:01 PM »

My husband read today in the San Joaquin herald MH ex husband had supervised visits because of child abduction, drinking and DV. Interesting! You will find it about 1/2 way down the article

http://**/ci_12133607

I wondered about the Domestic abuse. But this is interesting he has a history of child abduction!  It says he had supervised visits and was ordered to pay child support but I thought Madison wasn't his daughter? So many conflicting stories!
His children or child or other people's children? This is just plain weird, I would like to hear more on this.

I want to hear more too! I found that as an interesting bit of information. I bet if we can find an arrest record on him it would give light to what this was about.

Oh I'm sure it will come out!  In fact there will probably be a lot of unhappy people whose pasts are going to come out as result of MH.

With the internet and so much more resources available, its hard to hide. That is why these cases are getting spoken of more and more. There is more to find out about parties involved that puts a whole new spin to things. Things in the past, people could still hide. Its a good thing but a bad thing as well, if it is used against you personally.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1685 on: April 14, 2009, 02:08:25 PM »

Thanks for all the updates. I am not even going to comment on Grandma Lawless's comments, but I will say shut up, it would be better for you and the rest of the family to keep quiet, you really aren't helping in case you think you are.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1686 on: April 14, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090414/A_NEWS/90414006

Huckaby maintains innocence says grandmother (9:58 a.m.)

By The Record
April 14, 2009 12:59 PM
STOCKTON – Connie Lawless said in phone interview this morning that her granddaughter, Melissa Huckaby, maintains her innocence to charges that she kidnapped, murdered and raped 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

Lawless said she and her husband, Pastor Clifford Lane Lawless, visited for the first time with Huckaby, 28, at the San Joaquin County Jail for 40 minutes Monday evening. That’s when Huckaby told her grandparents she was not guilty.

“We cried together, we prayed,” Connie Lawless said. She and her family were rushing out of the house to attend Huckaby’s initial court hearing in the case.

She’s expected to be charged with kidnapping, murder and the special circumstance of rape with a foreign object, lewd and lascivious conduct with a child – charges that make her eligible for a death sentence.

Connie Lawless asked everybody to maintain an open mind. Her granddaughter has yet to speak with an attorney and the only side of the story to come out so far has come from the Tracy Police Department, which is one-sided, she said.

Huckaby was arrested Friday.

YIKES! Visions of Spindy dance through my head.... I SOOOO wanted this family to be normal
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1687 on: April 14, 2009, 02:14:26 PM »

Oh leslee, that is what I feel we are going to have, I was hoping for a quick resolution, like pleading guilty, but I guess that was a dream I had. Here we go again, and she hasn't spoken to a lawyer yet, right 
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1688 on: April 14, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »

Of course the grandmother is going to say she believes her. Its hard for any family to accept the fact that their child could do such a heinous act. I'm sure the grandmother as well as the rest of her family even though the don't want to admit it know deep down inside that she probably is guilty.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1689 on: April 14, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »

By The Record
STOCKTON – Connie Lawless said in phone interview this morning that her granddaughter, Melissa Huckaby, maintains her innocence to charges that she kidnapped, murdered and raped 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

What about the other charges against her???

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1690 on: April 14, 2009, 02:16:07 PM »

By The Record

Lawless said she and her husband, Pastor Clifford Lane Lawless, visited for the first time with Huckaby, 28, at the San Joaquin County Jail for 40 minutes Monday evening. That’s when Huckaby told her grandparents she was not guilty.

“We cried together, we prayed,” Connie Lawless said. She and her family were rushing out of the house to attend Huckaby’s initial court hearing in the case.

She’s expected to be charged with kidnapping, murder and the special circumstance of rape with a foreign object, lewd and lascivious conduct with a child – charges that make her eligible for a death sentence.

Connie Lawless asked everybody to maintain an open mind. Her granddaughter has yet to speak with an attorney and the only side of the story to come out so far has come from the Tracy Police Department, which is one-sided, she said.

Uggg they all just need to be quiet and realize they will not find too much support right now.
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1691 on: April 14, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »

I find it strange that we hadn't seen or heard much on MH's mother. You would think she would be by her daughter's side instead of the grandmother!
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1692 on: April 14, 2009, 02:17:38 PM »

By The Record

YIKES! Visions of Spindy dance through my head.... I SOOOO wanted this family to be normal

I think this is just the beginning and they haven't even touched a crumb of this.  I am sure there is a ring connected to all of this and that is what she was a part of it, including her boyfriend. 

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1693 on: April 14, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »

Late Monday, police also confirmed that Huckaby had gone on a date with a man who also lives at the mobile home park. Police have searched that man's home and towed three vehicles linked to him.
However, Tracy police investigators have said they are not expecting to arrest anyone else ????????????????????????????? in the killing of Sandra Cantu.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/19172723/detail.html#-

This type of crime is more associated to a male then a female by statistics.. Of course anything is possible.
jmho

Nope, Edward I agree with you. I may be repeating myself, but we are 2 for 2 in grave anomalies in this case.
1)Statistically speaking woman are not motivated sexually to commit murder or in general, without the peripheral involvement of a male. Qualifies as highly rare.
2)Statistiacally speaking, woman do not murder children that are not their own, again highly rare.

Put these 2 rare anomalies together with the other facts in this case, I do not buy it.
One of the concerns also is that LE claims her own statements to the press Friday did her in. We know dang well police were stationed outside her hospital room. I am impressed by the handling of leaks so far, but I do feel they run the risk of giving a false sense of security in that neighborhood.

Her profile, her families perception and the facts of this case do not jive, imo.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1694 on: April 14, 2009, 02:19:20 PM »

By The Record

Normal???? These days it is starting to look like this is "normal"! What has happened to our society?????

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1695 on: April 14, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »

Nothing is jiving in this case. 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1696 on: April 14, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »

Sorry, meant to add, Connie Lawless is dumb like a fox, as my poppa used to say.
Her own Father, while maintaining support and shock, is more contrite than she. WHY?
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1697 on: April 14, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »

Late Monday, police also confirmed that Huckaby had gone on a date with a man who also lives at the mobile home park. Police have searched that man's home and towed three vehicles linked to him.
However, Tracy police investigators have said they are not expecting to arrest anyone else ????????????????????????????? in the killing of Sandra Cantu.

This type of crime is more associated to a male then a female by statistics.. Of course anything is possible.
jmho

Nope, Edward I agree with you. I may be repeating myself, but we are 2 for 2 in grave anomalies in this case.
1)Statistically speaking woman are not motivated sexually to commit murder or in general, without the peripheral involvement of a male. Qualifies as highly rare.
2)Statistiacally speaking, woman do not murder children that are not their own, again highly rare.

Put these 2 rare anomalies together with the other facts in this case, I do not buy it.
One of the concerns also is that LE claims her own statements to the press Friday did her in. We know dang well police were stationed outside her hospital room. I am impressed by the handling of leaks so far, but I do feel they run the risk of giving a false sense of security in that neighborhood.

Her profile, her families perception and the facts of this case do not jive, imo.
I agree Blink, much more to this story.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1698 on: April 14, 2009, 02:35:25 PM »

jmho

Well weren't they originally looking for a male suspect and hadn't even considered MH until she started babbling about the suitcase? And supposedly before she started talking to the press weren't they already going to arrest someone? Did they have another suspect in mind but dropped him/her after MH supposedly confessed?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1699 on: April 14, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »

I find it strange that we hadn't seen or heard much on MH's mother. You would think she would be by her daughter's side instead of the grandmother!

I would assume MH mom is taking care of the little girl and keeping her out of the spot light.
I hope she is ok and CPS has done a complete check of this child.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.