April 18, 2024, 11:34:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 440364 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1700 on: April 14, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

Sorry, meant to add, Connie Lawless is dumb like a fox, as my poppa used to say.
Her own Father, while maintaining support and shock, is more contrite than she. WHY?
I have a few thoughts on Connie, but I better shut up, just like Connie should. But I will say the woman creeped me out the minute I laid eyes on her 
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1701 on: April 14, 2009, 02:41:05 PM »

Sorry, meant to add, Connie Lawless is dumb like a fox, as my poppa used to say.
Her own Father, while maintaining support and shock, is more contrite than she. WHY?

Hhmmmm, Blink, do you think it is possible that she is covering for a male accomplice?

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1702 on: April 14, 2009, 02:41:10 PM »

I find it strange that we hadn't seen or heard much on MH's mother. You would think she would be by her daughter's side instead of the grandmother!

I would assume MH mom is taking care of the little girl and keeping her out of the spot light.
I hope she is ok and CPS has done a complete check of this child.
So do I.
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1703 on: April 14, 2009, 02:49:27 PM »

From the San Joaquin County Superior Courthouse website:

Notice to the Media:
April 14, 2009 @ 11:05 am

The District Attorney’s office has filed the complaint with the Court. Hard copies of the complaint will be distributed at 11:30 am in Room 303 of the Stockton Courthouse.

San Joaquin County Superior Court
Stockton Courthouse
April 14, 2009

NOTICE TO THE MEDIA:

The arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:00pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue , Stockton , CA 95202 .

The case number will be determined upon filing of the complaint.  Please see the attached order regarding media activity in public areas in the courthouse.  Also attached is a copy of the court’s local rule 1-107 regarding media coverage.

2009-04-13 Order Regarding Media Activity In Public Areas Within The Courthouse

Pool cameras will be admitted into the courtroom starting at 12:15 pm .  The following personnel will be admitted and allowed to gather images and sound:

Two (2) TV pool cameras (16x 9 and 4x3) – To be determined by the media
    One (1) still photograph camera – Associated Press
    One (1) video camera for newspapers – Stockton Record
    One (1) pool designee for radio – KFBK 1530 AM

No live transmission will be allowed.

Due to high media interest, there will be limited courtroom seating; not all media may be allowed in the courtroom.

20 seats have been designated for journalists.  The following media agencies have been chosen by members of the Statewide Bench-Bar-Media Committee to occupy those seats:

Sacramento Bee
    Tracy Press
    Stockton Record
    Bay Area News Group
    Associated Press
    San Francisco Chronicle (print pool)

KOVR-TV (CBS affiliate)
    KCRA-TV
    KXTV-News10
    Univision, Channel 19
    ABC Network News
    NBC Network News
    KTVU (Fox affiliate)

The remaining 7 seats designated for journalists will be assigned by lottery.  The lottery will occur at 11:30 am at the Clerk’s Office in Room 303 (3rd Floor).

Parking for media will be available on the 200 block of Main Street between San Joaquin and Hunter.  Your media credentials will be needed to park in this designated area.

Regular updates will me made to this site.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1704 on: April 14, 2009, 02:55:37 PM »

Late Monday, police also confirmed that Huckaby had gone on a date with a man who also lives at the mobile home park. Police have searched that man's home and towed three vehicles linked to him.
However, Tracy police investigators have said they are not expecting to arrest anyone else ????????????????????????????? in the killing of Sandra Cantu.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/19172723/detail.html#-

This type of crime is more associated to a male then a female by statistics.. Of course anything is possible.
jmho

Nope, Edward I agree with you. I may be repeating myself, but we are 2 for 2 in grave anomalies in this case.
1)Statistically speaking woman are not motivated sexually to commit murder or in general, without the peripheral involvement of a male. Qualifies as highly rare.
2)Statistiacally speaking, woman do not murder children that are not their own, again highly rare.

Put these 2 rare anomalies together with the other facts in this case, I do not buy it.
One of the concerns also is that LE claims her own statements to the press Friday did her in. We know dang well police were stationed outside her hospital room. I am impressed by the handling of leaks so far, but I do feel they run the risk of giving a false sense of security in that neighborhood.

Her profile, her families perception and the facts of this case do not jive, imo.

Someone once told me, rare is only rare until it happens. It could very well be she acted alone, but I don't think so. The history so far we know about her is not as an emotionally strong person. Abusive relationship, depression, depending on people to survive, ie grandparents, before mom and dad... Now we know she went on a date with Sinclair??? He is not the most upstanding of individuals and didn't show the best judgement on her part. That area is so filled with drugs, it makes sense she was involved, especially ties to sinclair.

It takes not only physical strength but sheer guts to kidnap a child, kill them and put them into a suitcase.  She just doesn't seem like she would be able to do this act on her own and would need from another person to help her. Could be way off, who knows. 
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1705 on: April 14, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »

Late Monday, police also confirmed that Huckaby had gone on a date with a man who also lives at the mobile home park. Police have searched that man's home and towed three vehicles linked to him.
However, Tracy police investigators have said they are not expecting to arrest anyone else ????????????????????????????? in the killing of Sandra Cantu.

This type of crime is more associated to a male then a female by statistics.. Of course anything is possible.
jmho

Nope, Edward I agree with you. I may be repeating myself, but we are 2 for 2 in grave anomalies in this case.
1)Statistically speaking woman are not motivated sexually to commit murder or in general, without the peripheral involvement of a male. Qualifies as highly rare.
2)Statistiacally speaking, woman do not murder children that are not their own, again highly rare.

Put these 2 rare anomalies together with the other facts in this case, I do not buy it.
One of the concerns also is that LE claims her own statements to the press Friday did her in. We know dang well police were stationed outside her hospital room. I am impressed by the handling of leaks so far, but I do feel they run the risk of giving a false sense of security in that neighborhood.

Her profile, her families perception and the facts of this case do not jive, imo.

Someone once told me, rare is only rare until it happens. It could very well be she acted alone, but I don't think so. The history so far we know about her is not as an emotionally strong person. Abusive relationship, depression, depending on people to survive, ie grandparents, before mom and dad... Now we know she went on a date with Sinclair??? He is not the most upstanding of individuals and didn't show the best judgement on her part. That area is so filled with drugs, it makes sense she was involved, especially ties to sinclair.

It takes not only physical strength but sheer guts to kidnap a child, kill them and put them into a suitcase.  She just doesn't seem like she would be able to do this act on her own and would need from another person to help her. Could be way off, who knows. 

As I posted before, it seemed that LE had focused on a male suspect and was ready to make an arrest until MH started speaking about the suitcase.  I wonder if Sinclair had been on the top of their list?
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1706 on: April 14, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »

I see a criminal complaint has been filed, and was due to be distributed in hard copy 11:30 California time.  Reports are that the special circumstances allegations are included.  I'm sure a lot of our questions will be answered once we've had a chance to read it.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1707 on: April 14, 2009, 03:07:58 PM »

jmho

As I posted before, it seemed that LE had focused on a male suspect and was ready to make an arrest until MH started speaking about the suitcase.  I wonder if Sinclair had been on the top of their list?

LE could have been just trying to calm things down a bit. There was a lot of pressure on them to name someone.
Last night on the news though something strange...They said LE cleared Wohler and Sinclair but no mention of Slaytor, remember him?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1708 on: April 14, 2009, 03:10:21 PM »

I see a criminal complaint has been filed, and was due to be distributed in hard copy 11:30 California time.  Reports are that the special circumstances allegations are included.  I'm sure a lot of our questions will be answered once we've had a chance to read it.

TP has a story on it.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story?article-Formal%20charges%20filed%20=&page_label=home&id=2315490-Formal+charges+filed&widget=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1709 on: April 14, 2009, 03:15:40 PM »

TP has a story on it.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story?article-Formal%20charges%20filed%20=&page_label=home&id=2315490-Formal+charges+filed&widget=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

Thanks.  Just read the article.  Nothing unexpected.  I suppose the factual allegations behind the charges have been sealed, and for good reason.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1710 on: April 14, 2009, 03:24:20 PM »

Can't spend too much time here today--trying to work. Anyway, someone mentioned MH's Ex.  Here's what I've seen:

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/mostpopular/story/Suspect-in-Calif-Girls-Death-has-Topeka-Ties/KysUc0cXHEmv3m0IkF9z7A.cspx

Also, I read yesterday (perhaps a rumor site, I can't remember anymore), that the KC Sheriff showed up at her Ex's house on Saturday wanting to question him, but he wasn't home.  But that may be just more rumor.  Who knows anymore.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1711 on: April 14, 2009, 03:25:47 PM »

Thank you TracyGirl for posting this link earlier. 

Interesting info, incl her financial woes.  It also answers some of the questions we've had in here, such as info about her marriage and divorce, and her daughter Madison.  So according to court records, Madison was born 4 months after her marriage to Huckaby.  For them to be making him pay child support for Madison, suggests that she is his daughter.  And nowhere in this article is there any mention of another child.  (not saying there wasn't another child later on by someone else, just not mentioned here).

http://**/ci_12133607

"Melissa married Johnny Huckaby on May 10, 2003, four months before giving birth to Madison Huckaby in San Joaquin County, according to court documents.

On Jan. 19, 2005, after almost a year living with her mother, Melissa Huckaby filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, court records show.

On Sept. 9, 2005, an Orange County family court judge dissolved the couple's marriage, giving legal and physical custody to 24-year-old Melissa.

Her ex-husband received supervised visits once a month for a half-hour, according to court papers.

The judge ruled there was evidence that Johnny Huckaby's visits be supervised on allegations of: "abduction of child(ren)," domestic violence and alcohol abuse. The judge ordered Johnny Huckaby, who was unemployed, to pay $422 a month in child support."

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1712 on: April 14, 2009, 03:31:14 PM »

Wasn't it Sinclair's three vehicles that LE towed off?  And not sure which POI it was, but window blinds were removed from someone's home.   

Then there's the rumor that the blinds were missing the cord.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1713 on: April 14, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »

LE could have been just trying to calm things down a bit. There was a lot of pressure on them to name someone.
Last night on the news though something strange...They said LE cleared Wohler and Sinclair but no mention of Slaytor, remember him?

Yep.... David Slayter, wife Deborah (?),  has a disabled adult son.  Slater and wife took Sandra bowling, played games with her, said she didn't have friends her own age.  The Slater's live on Apricot St, space #43, just one street over from Sandra's home. 

momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1714 on: April 14, 2009, 03:36:56 PM »

Wasn't it Sinclair's three vehicles that LE towed off?  And not sure which POI it was, but window blinds were removed from someone's home.   

Then there's the rumor that the blinds were missing the cord.

Wasn't the blinds removed from the Church?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1715 on: April 14, 2009, 03:37:13 PM »

Hhmmmm, Blink, do you think it is possible that she is covering for a male accomplice?

Bingo !

Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1716 on: April 14, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »

I just checked the Orange Co criminal case index and there is nothing on there relating to John Huckaby.. only two traffic violations for Melissa.
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1717 on: April 14, 2009, 03:39:59 PM »

Wait there is one for John Jason Huckaby, traffic violation
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1718 on: April 14, 2009, 03:40:36 PM »

Yep.... David Slayter, wife Deborah (?),  has a disabled adult son.  Slater and wife took Sandra bowling, played games with her, said she didn't have friends her own age.  The Slater's live on Apricot St, space #43, just one street over from Sandra's home. 

Also the one without an alibi according to the news reports. It was rumored he was with a mistress, not sure if that was true or not.
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1719 on: April 14, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »

Johnny Jason Huckaby
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.