April 26, 2024, 02:59:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 440699 times)
spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2009, 10:21:52 PM »

***If Melissa is responsible for all this she has to be the stupidest criminal in recent memory.......

I think she and Casey Anthony might have been separated at birth 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2009, 10:22:14 PM »

And even more amazing that a Baptist church was not open on Palm Sunday.
Very, and since the congregation is so small, I wonder how many kids attend this church?

From my experience in church, it's often one rule of thumb (not always) to take the number of the members and double it for the approximate number of children in attendance.  Of course there could be more or less, depending on the neighborhood the church is in.  Such as close to a school, or more for retired folks, etc.  So it wouldn't surprise me if there were about 30 kids at that church, more or less.

But that is what's so weird, I've read that there are only about 15 parishoners at the church, I believe we were discussing this yesterday, and the Sunday school, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, show from 2002 on their website. So, like no Sunday school at this church for awhile now. I'm confused with this. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2009, 10:24:29 PM »

Does anyone have the link to that church handy?  There was a question asked about that site in the last thread that still has me thinking, and I can't find the link again.  Thanks!! 

http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/

This one?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2009, 10:25:33 PM »

goodnite good monkees....hope we get an arrest tomorrow...

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2009, 10:26:19 PM »

so you get a note that talks about a suitcase so you place on on your driveway???? She is making her cover story.

This is my thought on what happened. She had Sandra at her home, she drugged her and placed her in the suitcase, placed it infront on the driveway, either she took it to the church, it was on rollers after all, she leaves it with maybe williams then she goes back home. He does whatever. Or maybe she left sandra in the suitcase on the driveway and someone comes to pick her up.

She may have died in the suitcase because of drugs?

She is involved, that is clear.

I also wonder if she is talking about a letter given the news on the good friday killer from I think Texas. I read about it on CNN

She apparently has some emotional/physiological issues....you think??

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2009, 10:26:53 PM »

Thanks, Muffy and AZSunny!!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »

Oh my gosh, this woman is beyond words.
Every time she opened her mouth I become more and more baffled by her. Who does she think she is kidding? Does she really think people will believe what she is shoveling out?
Holey cow.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2009, 10:27:32 PM »

Good night cookie.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »

Very, and since the congregation is so small, I wonder how many kids attend this church?

From my experience in church, it's often one rule of thumb (not always) to take the number of the members and double it for the approximate number of children in attendance.  Of course there could be more or less, depending on the neighborhood the church is in.  Such as close to a school, or more for retired folks, etc.  So it wouldn't surprise me if there were about 30 kids at that church, more or less.

But that is what's so weird, I've read that there are only about 15 parishoners at the church, I believe we were discussing this yesterday, and the Sunday school, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, show from 2002 on their website. So, like no Sunday school at this church for awhile now. I'm confused with this. 

On the website, the last 'Sunday school lesson for the week" was posted in 2002 or 2003.  No idea if they still had a Sunday School class.  No idea if they even still had services.   

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »

She lived in so cal? Didn't williams live in so ca too? Was it Hawthorn? Where is it she lived?
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2009, 10:32:18 PM »

Interesting Tracygirl....wonder if the both lived in so cal was it around the same time?

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »

(snipped)

Her grandfather — who police also questioned — has had tools stolen from his home there, she said, and she had heard of petty theft and vandalism at the park all the time. So she said she wasn’t surprised when she discovered her suitcase gone.

But by the time she had time to file a stolen property report police had already started knocking on everyone’s door, asking about Sandra.

“They asked me if I noticed anything suspicious, so of course I told them about my missing suitcase,” Huckaby said.

Police questioned her and she said she gave them permission to search her car for evidence, too.

Huckaby has spent several days since last week in the intensive care unit at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital for “internal bleeding,” though she refused to say exactly what condition she was admitted for. She was released Thursday morning, she said.

Police had interviewed her at the hospital.

“It’s where I was, and I told them that’s where I was, so they came just because they had a few questions to ask me about what I know,” she said.

Dispatchers said over the police scanner on Tuesday that officers were “changing detail” at the hospital, where they had evidently been stationed for several hours.

Court records show a 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby pleaded no contest on Jan. 9 to a felony charge of second degree commercial burglary and a misdemeanor charge of petty theft with prior theft/burglary/robbery. The criminal complaint says she was locked up in Los Angeles County for conviction of petty theft in November 2006 and that she tried to steal something from Target in November last year.

The complaint says she’s on probation in San Joaquin County and is due back in court on April 17, when she might be sentenced.

The documents list the woman’s address as 812 W. Clover Road, Space No. 57, which city property records show is owned by Clifford Lane Lawless and Connie Lawless.

The Melissa Huckaby interviewed today said that’s not her.

Asked why the address and cell phone number in the court documents match her own, she said she has no idea.

“I don’t know what to say,” she said. “That’s not me.”

She definitely sounds like another Casey Anthony. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2009, 10:35:01 PM »

Can someone tell me where to look for the info in regards to some charges that Melissa Huckaby denies are against her, but supposedly are against some other Melissa Huckaby?  She claimed that it's a different MH, but I thought I read that the cellphone numbers and a couple of other identifying pieces of info were exactly the same, sinking her false identification claim.

I could swear I read it here, but I'm not sure.

Woman in mobile home park reported missing suitcase
by Jennifer Wadsworth

5 hrs ago

A Sunday school teacher said someone took her black rolling suitcase from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park on the day 8-year-old homicide victim Sandra Cantu disappeared.

It’s a huge suitcase, 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby said in a phone interview Friday, waterproof and charcoal-trimmed with an Eddie Bauer logo.

Police have yet to confirm whether it’s the same one found Monday morning that contained Sandra’s dead body.

Farmworkers discovered a suitcase that generally matches Huckaby’s description submerged in a dairy lagoon 2 miles north of the mobile home park where Sandra lived.

For the past year, after moving from Southern California, Huckaby and her 5-year-old daughter has lived at the same mobile home park with Huckaby’s grandparents, Clifford Lane Lawless and Connie Lawless, she said.

Sandra went missing March 27, the same day and in the same late-afternoon hour that Huckaby said the black suitcase disappeared from her driveway.

“There’s been a lot of speculation on the news about what happened to my suitcase,” she said Friday. “It’s not my granddad’s. It’s mine, and someone took it.”

Huckaby teaches Sunday school at Clover Road Baptist Church, her grandfather’s church just down the street from the mobile home park. She spruces up the church classroom every few months, she said, and had packed up the suitcase with everything she needed to redo the room that day.

Sandra had stopped at her house earlier and asked to play with her daughter, Huckaby said. But Huckaby said she didn’t want her daughter to play, because she had to pick up her toys. So Sandra left for another friend’s house, she said.

The 18 seconds of surveillance footage that shows Sandra playfully skipping by her family’s home show her on her way back to Huckaby’s home after leaving that other friend’s house, Huckaby said.

After Sandra left, her oldest sister, Miranda, went to Huckaby’s house, too. Huckaby asked Miranda if she could watch her daughter for her while she went down the street to the church. Connie Lawless was home, too.

Huckaby then set the packed suitcase on the driveway by her dark purple Kia SUV — the same one FBI agents and Tracy police detectives towed and searched Tuesday night. But she forgot her cell phone and keys inside the house, so she went back in for about 15 minutes to find them. She couldn’t, so she picked up the spare key and left.

She forgot about the suitcase and left it on the driveway.

When she got to the church, Huckaby’s grandmother called and said she found her keys and cell phone. Huckaby said that’s when she realized she had left the $200 suitcase outside. When her family went out to get it, they said it was gone.

“So I talked to the assistant manager at the mobile home park and asked him to keep an eye out for this suitcase; someone took it,” Huckaby said. “I also told some older kids to look out for it. I didn’t think much then, because, you know, kids were getting out of school, and I thought that maybe someone, maybe someone walking by, just took it.”

She called Tracy police intending to file a report but decided to do it online. She never got around to it.

Her grandfather — whom police also questioned — has had tools stolen, she said, and she had heard of plenty of petty theft and vandalism at the park. So she said she wasn’t surprised when she discovered her suitcase gone.

But by the time she had time to file a stolen property report, police had already started knocking on everyone’s door, asking about Sandra.

“They asked me if I noticed anything suspicious, so of course I told them about my missing suitcase,” Huckaby said.

Police questioned her, and she said she gave them permission to search her car for evidence, too.

Huckaby has spent several days since last week in the intensive care unit at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital for “internal bleeding,” though she refused to say exactly what condition she was admitted for. She was released Thursday morning, she said.

Police interviewed her at the hospital.

“It’s where I was, and I told them that’s where I was, so they came just because they had a few questions to ask me about what I know,” she said.

Dispatchers said over the police scanner on Tuesday that officers were “changing detail” at the hospital, where they had evidently been stationed for several hours.

Court records show a 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby pleaded no contest Jan. 9 to a felony charge of second degree commercial burglary and a misdemeanor charge of property theft with prior theft/burglary/robbery. The criminal complaint says she was locked up in Los Angeles County for conviction of property theft in November 2006 and that she tried to steal something from Target in November last year.

The complaint says she’s on probation in San Joaquin County and is due back in court on April 17, when she might be sentenced.

The documents list the woman’s address as 812 W. Clover Road, Space No. 57, which city property records show is owned by Clifford Lane Lawless and Connie Lawless.

The Melissa Huckaby interviewed Friday said that’s not her.

Asked why the address and cell phone number in the court documents match her own, she said she has no idea.

“I don’t know what to say,” she said. “That’s not me.”

Police refuse to comment publicly on any details about the murder case, including Huckaby’s narrative.

Police have scheduled a press conference for 3:30 today after cancelling two this morning.

No arrests have been made, and no suspects named, though hundreds of people have been questioned.

• Contact Tracy Press reporter Jennifer Wadsworth at 830-4225 or jwadsworth@tracypress.com.

http://tracypress.com/pages/full_story?article-Woman%20in%20mobile%20home%20park%20reported%20missing%20suitcase%20=&page_label=home&id=2298054-Woman+in+mobile+home+park+reported+missing+suitcase&widget=push&instance=home_news_bullets&open=&

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2009, 10:35:19 PM »

Good Night, I'll be going soon to bed also.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #374 on: April 10, 2009, 10:36:15 PM »

Has anyone confirmed in any way that this church is even legit?  Is it just a building? 

I'm really starting to worry about what might have been going on in the church, in the "Sunday School" classroom, etc.

Flossy, this is what I'm wondering too, if the church is even legit.  I'm about to go digging on that pastor's credentials too, as others are likely doing, cuz just from the sound of it earlier in this thread or the last one, those sound VERY hinky to me.  Not the "norm" for any Baptist pastor I've ever heard of.  And things going on there and not going on there, not the "norm".  Not that I'm an expert.  Just having been Baptist for so many years, and familiar with the runnings of a church cuz of my adoptive dad, and all. 

Not all churches within one denomination are just alike, of course.  Yet there tends to be enough similiarities that when none of those are present, it's like... red flags down all over the place.  Example, other pastors in the community seem to think things are a tad odd, because the pastor of this church does not join with them for their reg. scheduled get-to-togethers in the community.  This is something that most Baptist pastors enjoy doing, even look forward to!!  Most communities, church leaders get together at some point during every year, if not every week or every month.  Ladies in a church do the same, with ladies in other churches in the same denomination.  Children as well.  Kids have church summer camp with kids in the other churches, every summer, and have a huge blast! 

When one pastor/church avoids the other pastors/churches in the same denomination... for anything... well this tends to, at the very least, cause the rest to raise an eyebrow.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #375 on: April 10, 2009, 10:36:34 PM »

BTW, the Tracy 60 was told to us in January. It may have been brought up in a press conference and it has been discussed among locals a lot, especially after Sandra's kidnapping. It was just about a month before Kyle escaped from his house of horrors, then the softball coach was arrested and we were told about the 60 others who are under surveillance.

I happen to believe all of the crimes are related and we will see an interlink when all is said and done
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2009, 10:37:04 PM »

She lived in so cal? Didn't williams live in so ca too? Was it Hawthorn? Where is it she lived?

I've seen Cypress, Whittier, Brea and I think Hawthorne.  I might have seen LaHabra, too.  All Southern Cal.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2009, 10:38:06 PM »

so you get a note that talks about a suitcase so you place on on your driveway???? She is making her cover story.

This is my thought on what happened. She had Sandra at her home, she drugged her and placed her in the suitcase, placed it infront on the driveway, either she took it to the church, it was on rollers after all, she leaves it with maybe williams then she goes back home. He does whatever. Or maybe she left sandra in the suitcase on the driveway and someone comes to pick her up.

She may have died in the suitcase because of drugs?

She is involved, that is clear.

I also wonder if she is talking about a letter given the news on the good friday killer from I think Texas. I read about it on CNN
I'm interested about this, what is the letter about the Good Friday killer from Texas. 
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2009, 10:38:42 PM »

Has anyone confirmed in any way that this church is even legit?  Is it just a building? 

I'm really starting to worry about what might have been going on in the church, in the "Sunday School" classroom, etc.

Flossy, this is what I'm wondering too, if the church is even legit.  I'm about to go digging on that pastor's credentials too, as others are likely doing, cuz just from the sound of it earlier in this thread or the last one, those sound VERY hinky to me.  Not the "norm" for any Baptist pastor I've ever heard of.  And things going on there and not going on there, not the "norm".  Not that I'm an expert.  Just having been Baptist for so many years, and familiar with the runnings of a church cuz of my adoptive dad, and all. 

Not all churches within one denomination are just alike, of course.  Yet there tends to be enough similiarities that when none of those are present, it's like... red flags down all over the place.  Example, other pastors in the community seem to think things are a tad odd, because the pastor of this church does not join with them for their reg. scheduled get-to-togethers in the community.  This is something that most Baptist pastors enjoy doing, even look forward to!!  Most communities, church leaders get together at some point during every year, if not every week or every month.  Ladies in a church do the same, with ladies in other churches in the same denomination.  Children as well.  Kids have church summer camp with kids in the other churches, every summer, and have a huge blast! 

When one pastor/church avoids the other pastors/churches in the same denomination... for anything... well this tends to, at the very least, cause the rest to raise an eyebrow.   

You let us know what you find Wyks.
I know we all feel the same way but I need to say it again, something is just not right here. Maybe I should have that be in my signature line.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »

I agree completely.  I don't think this church has been functioning as a church for some time.  That said, who knows if it was ever legit?

I know I read that this guy was schooled by his father in law and before that had nothing to do with the church, apparently.

Hinky stinky!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.