March 29, 2024, 03:11:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 439396 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2009, 11:24:18 PM »

http://www.kron.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/1012/reftab/36/t/Police-Return-to-Church-Near-Tracy-Mobile-Home-Park/Default.aspx

TRACY (KRON) – Police are continuing their investigation into the murder of eight-year-old Sandra Cantu by returning to a church near the mobile home park where the Tracy girl was last seen alive.

KRON 4’s Dan Kerman says a dozen officers arrived at the Clover Road Baptist Church Friday afternoon. While officers spent about 20-30 minutes trying to get into a shed near the church, other officers searched the perimeter of the property. Once they were able to get in, Dan says officers took pictures inside the shed. He notes that it doesn’t appear as though they removed anything from the shed or church building.

According to Dan, this latest search might be related to a Friday afternoon press conference, when multiple questions were asked about Pastor Lane Lawless’ granddaughter, 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby, and if she had reported a missing suitcase. While Huckaby told the Tracy Press that her black suitcase was stolen from her driveway the day Sandra went missing, Sergeant Tony Sheneman said there have been no police reports about a missing suitcase and did not make any further comments on that information.

The Tracy Crime Stopper reward to find the person or persons responsible for Sandra’s murder is now up to $32,000.

The police sergeant says he's been in contact with the Governor Schwarzenegger’s office about victim compensation, and is planning on talking to the Cantu family about that at a later time.

Sandra went missing the afternoon of March 27th. On Monday, farm workers were preparing an irrigation pond just two miles from the mobile home park when a black suitcase floated to the surface. Police were called to the scene and opened the large piece of rolling luggage at an undisclosed location later that evening. They say they were able to identify the body of the eight-year-old because she was wearing the same clothing she was last seen in – a pink “Hello Kitty” t-shirt and black leggings.

Watch the KRON 4 news and stay with KRON4.com for all the latest developments on the search for Sandra’s killer.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2009, 11:24:53 PM »

With all of the twists and turns this case is getting stranger and stranger! 

As far as Melissa Huckaby goes, if she had indeed found a note.. and.. if the suitcase was hers and is the EXACT same suitcase that Sandra was found in.....don't you think that LE would have forbidden her to talk to the press about it since it would then be evidence?  And how does she know that HER suitcase is the same suitcase that Sandra was found in? Did LE have her come down and ID it?

Something else that is interesting. A couple of days ago in one of the local news sites, can't remember which one since I have been reading so many!  Anyway, a local Tracy woman had posted in the comments that she used to live in this trailer park and after hearing about Sandra went to go visit her former neighbors. This woman said....and I can't verify if she is telling the truth or not..... that she was told that the Pastor's daughter was dating Chris Sinclair.  If this is true I am now wondering if maybe they meant Melissa? or is Melissa married?

FWIW, I have received anonymous emails saying this. Can't confirm because they arrived by proxy..

WOW!  Maybe some truth to it?! 

Wow.

I tried to hunt down that woman's post but couldn't find it.  There have been so many new articles on all the web sites so it's been hard trying to track it down.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2009, 11:25:20 PM »

Do we know what Sinclair drives?
There was two vehicles taken from him, one with a Wyoming license plate, which originally belonged to his deceased brother, and the other a white suv, Blink I think wrote that Slaytor and Sinclair had the same type vehicle, Isuza, I know I spelled that car maker wrong.
momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2009, 11:26:11 PM »

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOME   I have to be honest here, since I stumbled on SM, I don't have to watch the TV anymore.  I think you are ahead of everything.  I was so impressed, I couldn't wait to join this site.
Thanks again

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #424 on: April 10, 2009, 11:26:30 PM »

My husband just said the news had some special report (they broke into the middle of the newscast) that something big was going on right now in Tracy.  He said a helicopter was circling above a farmhouse in which someone was holed up.

My husband has been wrong before, though if he's only heard half of something.  I'm going to check it out.  I'm not banking on his assessment being accurate yet, lol.

Wyks ~  flossy did a disclaimer  later and said her hubby must have had this mixed up and asked us to remove post if need be.  Klaas said to leave it, in case it turned out to be so.  In other words, nothing has come of this YET. 

Thanks Muffy!  Yes, saw that as I continued to read.  I really gotta learn to do catch-up reading first before posting.  Still and all, if that happened, there's likely a reason for it, even if they aren't talking more about it.  Dunno.  Am waiting with the rest of you, watching this unfold...

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:37 PM »

Melissa Huckaby is some sort of POI by her own admission. This internal bleeding thing is a good bit odd and I'm sure the police know exactly what type of internal bleeding this could or would be.

Doesn't sound like female problems due to a variety of causes we all know about, but possibly some type of injury. I guess we may never really know unless she is named a suspect due to privacy laws and rightfully so.

I did find it extremely interesting that the police have never really confirmed that the suitcase was reported stolen, or if they did I missed it. But in turn someone volunteered that info. Very suspect if you ask me and the suitcase is reportedly a similar case. Very very interesting.

Either way - this case and who killed Sandra is move in a competent direction and I don't think it will be much longer until it all comes together and the explanation will be front and center.

That internal bleeding is very odd, and I just can't seem to drop it in my mind. I'm thinking perhaps Sandra kicked and punched Melissa, of course this is just my thoughts. Sandra looked like a little girl that would fight, and I hope that if this is the case, there are also scratches on the perp's body.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:43 PM »

Wyks ~  Sometimes things move so fast, you really can't do your catch up reading before you post.  And then you might forget where you were or what you wanted to post, if you are like me...  Someone will always help out and set you straight, right?   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #427 on: April 10, 2009, 11:30:25 PM »

My husband just said the news had some special report (they broke into the middle of the newscast) that something big was going on right now in Tracy.  He said a helicopter was circling above a farmhouse in which someone was holed up.

My husband has been wrong before, though if he's only heard half of something.  I'm going to check it out.  I'm not banking on his assessment being accurate yet, lol.

Wyks ~  flossy did a disclaimer  later and said her hubby must have had this mixed up and asked us to remove post if need be.  Klaas said to leave it, in case it turned out to be so.  In other words, nothing has come of this YET. 

Thanks Muffy!  Yes, saw that as I continued to read.  I really gotta learn to do catch-up reading first before posting.  Still and all, if that happened, there's likely a reason for it, even if they aren't talking more about it.  Dunno.  Am waiting with the rest of you, watching this unfold...

Sorry, Wyks.  As soon as I hit "post", I knew I shouldn't have. 

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #428 on: April 10, 2009, 11:31:19 PM »

Wyks ~  Sometimes things move so fast, you really can't do your catch up reading before you post.  And then you might forget where you were or what you wanted to post, if you are like me...  Someone will always help out and set you straight, right?   

Thanks, Muff!  You sure are quick!  Holy cow!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #429 on: April 10, 2009, 11:31:25 PM »

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOME   I have to be honest here, since I stumbled on SM, I don't have to watch the TV anymore.  I think you are ahead of everything.  I was so impressed, I couldn't wait to join this site.
Thanks again
Forgot to mention that I personally think if this Melissa said she found a note that said, "Cantu, Suitcase, Water.
IMO she's trying to set up an Alibi for herself.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #430 on: April 10, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »

Yeppers that's right!!  And thank goodness for that!       

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: April 10, 2009, 11:34:18 PM »

Thanks again
Forgot to mention that I personally think if this Melissa said she found a note that said, "Cantu, Suitcase, Water.
IMO she's trying to set up an Alibi for herself.
Yes, and I also found it interesting in the article that cartfly just posted about LE going back to the church this afternoon, and that shed on the church grounds, which I thought they already investigated.
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #432 on: April 10, 2009, 11:34:31 PM »

http://www.tracypress.com/

Tracy PD removed a bed from the church!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: April 10, 2009, 11:34:42 PM »

I googled "cause of internal bleeding" ~

http://www.formulamedical.com/Topics/Symptoms/Bleeding%20internal.htm

and this:

http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/internal-bleeding.htm
Results: 9 causes of Internal bleeding

1. Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
      2. Froster-Iskenius-Waterson syndrome
      3. Hemophilia
      4. Hepatoma
      5. Kaposi sarcoma
      6. Liver cancer
      7. Ovarian cysts
      8. Scurvy
      9. Vitamin K deficiency

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: April 10, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »

OMG 
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #435 on: April 10, 2009, 11:35:42 PM »

Church searched again
by Jennifer Wadsworth / TP staff
1 hr 32 mins ago | 822 views | 9 9 comments | 0 0 recommendations | email to a friend | print
slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow
Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman (center) is surrounded by media, community members and residents of the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park as he gives an update on the investigation of Sandra Cantu’s murder. Glenn Moore/Tracy Press
view slideshow (11 images)
PREV         NEXT

<< >>
Three investigators this evening took what appeared to be a fold-up bed from a church that an FBI team had already searched two days ago in connection to the murder of 8-year-old Tracy girl Sandra Cantu.

The Clover Road Baptist Church lies just yards from the mobile home park where Sandra was last seen alive March 27. Her body was found by farmworkers 10 days later stuffed inside a suitcase and submerged in a dairy pond two miles north of where she lived with her family in Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

Exactly two weeks after her disappearance and five days since police identified her dead body, investigators had little to tell the public without “compromising the integrity of the investigation,” Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said.

He did say he’s confident they’re heading in the right direction and even narrowing down the search for a killer.

FBI searched the Baptist church through Tuesday night. By Wednesday, they had removed the yellow crime-scene tape, though they never said whether they’d ruled it out as a crime scene or whether they’d gleaned anything useful.

By this evening, the crime-scene tape was back up again, and FBI agents and police were seen on the roof, in the shed and taking a pretty big piece of evidence — about the size of a curbside garbage can — from inside the church and into a crime scene van.

Another crime-scene van parked outside the mobile home park, where police have questioned every resident several times since Sandra’s disappearance.

Pastor of the church Lane Lawless — identified in property records as Clifford Lane Lawless — told the press earlier this week that he and his family are fully cooperating with police during the investigation because they want the killer found and their names cleared.

Their granddaughter Melissa Huckaby, 28, who lives with them, said the same. She told the Press earlier in the day today that police had towed her car, interviewed her and questioned her relatives in connection with the investigation.

She said her 5-year-old daughter used to play with Sandra and that news of the girl’s death was devastating to her and her family.

She also said she’d lost a suitcase the same hour Sandra went missing. The suitcase she lost closely matched the description of the suitcase in which police found Sandra’s fully clothed remains on Monday.

Police have scheduled a press conference for 10 a.m. Saturday.

Also Tracy Crime Stoppers announced late today that it had increased its reward for information that leads to Sandra's killer to $31,700.

• Contact Tracy Press reporter Jennifer Wadsworth at 830-4225 or jwadsworth@tracypress.com.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2009, 11:35:44 PM »

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #437 on: April 10, 2009, 11:36:29 PM »

Melissa Huckaby is some sort of POI by her own admission. This internal bleeding thing is a good bit odd and I'm sure the police know exactly what type of internal bleeding this could or would be.

Doesn't sound like female problems due to a variety of causes we all know about, but possibly some type of injury. I guess we may never really know unless she is named a suspect due to privacy laws and rightfully so.

I did find it extremely interesting that the police have never really confirmed that the suitcase was reported stolen, or if they did I missed it. But in turn someone volunteered that info. Very suspect if you ask me and the suitcase is reportedly a similar case. Very very interesting.

Either way - this case and who killed Sandra is move in a competent direction and I don't think it will be much longer until it all comes together and the explanation will be front and center.

That internal bleeding is very odd, and I just can't seem to drop it in my mind. I'm thinking perhaps Sandra kicked and punched Melissa, of course this is just my thoughts. Sandra looked like a little girl that would fight, and I hope that if this is the case, there are also scratches on the perp's body.

no rose colored glasses - I'm not sure how much damage an 8 year old could really do. And it doesn't seem like the type of damage that would land a grown woman in the hospital for days. I guess I'm thinking there is someone else involved here. Someone who killed Sandra and injured Melissa (and I'm not saying that Melissa is a total or complete victim, because she might be an accomplice that was injured in the commission of a crime or injured by the actual killer - I'm not sure what happened here).

It just seems to me that an 8 year old might not be able to put a fully grown woman in the hospital.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #438 on: April 10, 2009, 11:36:29 PM »

Sorry, Wyks.  As soon as I hit "post", I knew I shouldn't have. 

Is ok, Flossy, just gives us another opportunity to view your 'udderly' fanstastic avatar!    

And ya know... Something must have been happening.  It will be interesting to see how all this comes together. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: April 10, 2009, 11:36:40 PM »

I googled "cause of internal bleeding" ~

http://www.formulamedical.com/Topics/Symptoms/Bleeding%20internal.htm

and this:

http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/internal-bleeding.htm
Results: 9 causes of Internal bleeding

1. Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
      2. Froster-Iskenius-Waterson syndrome
      3. Hemophilia
      4. Hepatoma
      5. Kaposi sarcoma
      6. Liver cancer
      7. Ovarian cysts
      8. Scurvy
      9. Vitamin K deficiency

Thank-you Muffy. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.