April 27, 2024, 04:37:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 440733 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1080 on: April 12, 2009, 12:03:18 AM »

It appears that Fred L Williams has lived here or lives here now:

2289 Ogden Sannazor Dr
Tracy Ca

Yes, Blink did a post on that.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/04/09/sandra-cantu-casenew-developments/

Cool!!  Thanks Klaas. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1081 on: April 12, 2009, 12:37:38 AM »

You know what is surprising to me? So many people going after the mom. I am not saying here, but everywhere! After seeing this poor woman on the TV so grief stricken she could not produce words, she is being called neglectful, a drug addict,  endangering her child by allowing her to be around someone that drugged her.   I was very upset about this until I realize, every person is reacting out of fear. The fear comes from a lack of control for a situation which would force any parent to face their worse nightmare, the death of a child. They are simply putting it into a scenario where the can gain control. Sad thing is not matter how much guilt we pile on her, she will place a million times more on herself? The mom did nothing wrong, she didn't have control over this. A child should be able to play at a friends home without being kidnapped and killed. Sandra was not running around wild at the time she disappeared, she was asking if a friend could play. How many of our children do just that? My children have been to friends homes without me staying, this could have happened to them and it could happen to anyones child.

someone asked earlier in the day how my community is handling this. Well let me tell you, everyone is relieved the killer has been caught. so much so, you are again seeing people allowing their children out to play, children walking down neighborhood streets, children playing in parks. Compared to this time last week when you could not find a kid  outside, it is night and day. Of course i am on the "good" side of town, you know the area that nothing bad ever happens? (I cant find a winking monkey!)It seems my city is moving past the ugliness because they are putting this into a nice little package and allowing themselves to believe they have control over a situation where control doesn't really exist.

I want to thank you for allowing me here on the board with you all. I came to this site because after visiting a few others I could tell this was not a "gossip camp". I was not looking for gossip, I was looking for a group of smart people who could help me know where to look for Sandra.  The day her body was discovered was horrible and you all helped me through it. The night waiting for the news conference was one of the hardest  times I have endured  in a long, long time. We waited together  and I will never forget seeing my city council chambers with little monkeys hanging around. It was a gesture that is not seen on the internet  too often. Thank you so much from me, my town and for a little girl who's life ended way too soon. This is a special place and I am honored to be here.

Good night everyone and I hope your Sunday is filled with peace and love.

Srobbins
Scared Monkey

Please Bring The Missing Home!

« Reply #1082 on: April 12, 2009, 01:04:25 AM »

I know they arrested Melissa Huckaby, but I would like to know further about a the suspicious man that the 19 year old Stephen Memory. 
"Police would not confirm whether Huckaby's story has anything to do with the investigation, but they did say they were looking into a tip from another man who said he saw a strange truck in the area where Sandra's body was found, a few days before it was found.
"We don't really get many people down that road, so it was something I remember and something I thought was suspicious," said Tracy resident Stephen Memory.
19-year-old Memory lives just down the road from the irrigation ditch where Sandra's body was found on Monday. A Stockton police cadet told ABC7 three days before the discovery, he saw a strange man in a pickup truck that was faced the wrong way, by the side of the road.
"It was a Chevy Silverado with a couple inch lift on it with wider set tires, and it was tan colored, a newer model Chevy Silverado with a 40 to 50-year-old man in the car by himself. He was wearing a baseball cap. He didn't want to look at me too much," said Memory.
Memory says the FBI did take his information. Tracy police did not confirm if the sighting near the irrigation pond figures into their investigation, but they maintain they are making progress in finding Sandra's killer. "
 Does anyone know if any one in the MHP or from the church that drives a Tan Chevy Silverado, and in the 40 or 50?  Make me wonder if this is the accomplice that put Sandra in the irrigation pond?  Any ideas on this info.? (Also, sorry if already reported on here!)
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1083 on: April 12, 2009, 01:26:11 AM »

You know what is surprising to me? So many people going after the mom. I am not saying here, but everywhere! After seeing this poor woman on the TV so grief stricken she could not produce words, she is being called neglectful, a drug addict,  endangering her child by allowing her to be around someone that drugged her.   I was very upset about this until I realize, every person is reacting out of fear. The fear comes from a lack of control for a situation which would force any parent to face their worse nightmare, the death of a child. They are simply putting it into a scenario where the can gain control. Sad thing is not matter how much guilt we pile on her, she will place a million times more on herself? The mom did nothing wrong, she didn't have control over this. A child should be able to play at a friends home without being kidnapped and killed. Sandra was not running around wild at the time she disappeared, she was asking if a friend could play. How many of our children do just that? My children have been to friends homes without me staying, this could have happened to them and it could happen to anyones child.

someone asked earlier in the day how my community is handling this. Well let me tell you, everyone is relieved the killer has been caught. so much so, you are again seeing people allowing their children out to play, children walking down neighborhood streets, children playing in parks. Compared to this time last week when you could not find a kid  outside, it is night and day. Of course i am on the "good" side of town, you know the area that nothing bad ever happens? (I cant find a winking monkey!)It seems my city is moving past the ugliness because they are putting this into a nice little package and allowing themselves to believe they have control over a situation where control doesn't really exist.

I want to thank you for allowing me here on the board with you all. I came to this site because after visiting a few others I could tell this was not a "gossip camp". I was not looking for gossip, I was looking for a group of smart people who could help me know where to look for Sandra.  The day her body was discovered was horrible and you all helped me through it. The night waiting for the news conference was one of the hardest  times I have endured  in a long, long time. We waited together  and I will never forget seeing my city council chambers with little monkeys hanging around. It was a gesture that is not seen on the internet  too often. Thank you so much from me, my town and for a little girl who's life ended way too soon. This is a special place and I am honored to be here.

Good night everyone and I hope your Sunday is filled with peace and love.

Tracygirl, my prayers are with you and your neighbors and friends, and especially to Sandra's family. I can only imagine the hell they must be going through! I will continue to pray for all of you... even for Melissa's family, because this must be horrible for them too. I've seen Sandra's mom on interviews, I could tell she is having a very hard time dealing with this. She has to know this was not her fault... I hope the community can come together for her and support her.
Prayers for all of you!

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1084 on: April 12, 2009, 01:35:36 AM »

Wasn't worth turning my TV on, Geraldo is such a waste and why is Montel there? 

Klaas, prob already answered but I think Montel was on re. the pirate's snagging the American ship's captain off of Somalian coast.  Montel was a navy cmdr I believe.  But as I watched the show he seemed to be engaged more as someone (like all of us) who is concerned about our little ones...bait and switch kind of deal maybe on the show's part maybe?

Myself, I wouldn't fault him for his appearance on Geraldo no matter what the pretext.  He's always seemed (to me) to be a caring human being so that makes him ok in my book. 

Foggy
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1085 on: April 12, 2009, 02:56:47 AM »

I've been thinking about the developments of last night and today and it's a good feeling to know I'm not alone in my thoughts.

As for anyone being shocked that a Sunday school teacher could or would commit a crime like this, well, they're just not livin' in the real world. We all know anyone can commit a crime like this. Deranged people are in every profession. I think I may have work with some of them. 

Now, as far as not tipping off the suspected pedophile ring - non-sense. It's been known for at least 10 or so days that this ring exists and most in it would have wiped their hard drives clean if they were in any way associated with Melissa Huckaby. Once they heard she and her family were being investigated and if they were in any way, shape or form involved with her, well, you can kiss that evidence goodbye. Pedophile don't want to go to jail. That separates them for what they DO, which is molesting kids. No one is so stoopid to leave evidence lying about. They certainly have been given a huge heads up.

I do not know what everyone is referring to so often regarding the above highlighted statement & this supposedly infamous "Tracy 60" . . . is there a link or someplace where I can read about it? This monkey is confused . . . 
JazzTune
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1086 on: April 12, 2009, 03:25:14 AM »

Hi, brand new here and so grateful to be approved.  Thank you to the administrator!  Have been following this tragically sad story, and reading all your insightful posts.  So impressed with the level of intelligence here! 

I hope some of my thoughts might add a bit of a different perspective.  I'm a (female) RN and have worked on a (locked) in-patient, psychiatric unit of a general hospital for the last 13 years.  (I was an ER nurse for ten years before that.) 

I know it's already been mentioned before, but when I read that Melissa had been in ICU with internal bleeding, my first thought was I bet she overdosed on Aspirin or a similar drug.  We have many overdose patients from ICU who are monitored for internal bleeding, if they've taken a large enough dose.  (We've even had patients who have drank rat poison.  Now that's a huge internal bleeding disaster!)

I love my patients and the work I do.  Truly feel it's a calling.  Too, I firmly believe the majority of them could be any of us.  Life can deal some terrible blows.  With that said, I can also say that we have many patients with personality disorders who can (and DO) strain the best of us working in the mental health field. 

Dealing with those types of patients I can honestly say that Melissa's "story" does not sound that odd at all.  In fact, it's very familiar.  Not saying that psychiatric patients are at high risk to murder children, (not at all) but that their inconsistencies and thought processes can be so bizarre.  Their "logic" is often hard to follow. 

Psychiatric illness covers SO much territory.  No single profile fits any of them.  However, I've had some patients with chemical dependency;  (and/or) borderline personality disorder; (and/or) bipolar disorder who sound a lot like Melissa.  Just a couple of days ago I had a 59 y/o male patient, chemically dependent, (in the mental health system since he was 18) tell me how he now realizes his actions have never been about logic, but only his feelings.

We've had some child abusers on the unit too.  They get suicidal too.  But they are the most difficult for me to interact with.  Their "stories" are all about them.  "Injustices" done to them.  They definitely need help, but child abuse and molestation go beyond mental illness.  They are pure evil and those patients need far more help than our unit is able to give.  We provide acute, short-term care only.

So sometimes they end up in prison for awhile.  Sometimes not.  But who pays for all this?  Sandra...  that innocent, defenseless child.  (And all the other Sandras in the past and the future.)

Like many others, I believe there is far more to Sandra's tragedy than what we're being told at this time.  (Protection of the investigation and evidence for the trial.)  However again, I'm so thankful for this forum because I know I will hear the best minds talking it all over.  So glad to be here!

Sorry this is so lengthy.  I have a tendency to ramble when I feel so passionate, and this tragedy has touched me to the core.   May justice prevail for Sandra...

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #1087 on: April 12, 2009, 03:33:45 AM »

Hey Jazz,
welcome to the cage.  It's an interesting perspective you bring, thank you for sharing.  I'm just heading to bed but hope to see a lot more of you in this forum and others.  I do hope we find out what really happened to Sandra.  I have a relative that is mentally ill and I knew her (of course) before she got like she is (diagnosed schizophrenic).  She was my best friend at one time, before she snapped, and I still have a hard time with it after all these years.  I wish someone could have saved her, she was abused by her father and she never told anyone until he was dead.  I read her diaries and was appalled at some of the things she had written, mostly about her father and the things he had said and done to her.  I am one of only a few people in my family who still have any type of relationship with her because she lies and can't be trusted.  I remember my old friend though, and sometimes she peeks in and stays awhile, just long enough for me to remember how much I loved her and now how much I miss her.  God bless you for the work you do!  Happy Easter.
JazzTune
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1088 on: April 12, 2009, 03:56:32 AM »

Thank you so much, O4Bull, I really appreciate it!  Schizophrenic patients are my favorites!  Gaining their trust is my greatest satisfaction.  No one knows how hard it is for them to reach out to others.  Takes so much of their valuable energy and mental functioning.  So, I make a promise to them (and myself) that I will never do anything to violate that trust.

So sorry about your relative!  Sounds like she went through some horrible abuse prior to onset of her disease.  So good to see that you have those priceless qualities toward her,  compassion and respect.  No psychiatric patient ever gets better without them.  Medication is important of course, but that human connection is the most critical force in their healing, in my opinion.

Yes, I hope to be around.  Got to get to bed soon though.  Lots to do tomorrow.  Thanks again! 

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1089 on: April 12, 2009, 05:13:53 AM »

Tracygirl, I am truly sorry for all your suffering, the suffering of the family, friends, city, county and here. Please stay with Our Monkey Family.

Srobbins and TxLady2
your posts are appreciative

Foggy Dew Montel seems to have grown in his outlook. He had a good idea of having an alert system sometime between "gone missing" and the "Amber alert" I didn't understand it all, but it would help the crucial hours.

Rob and Tams can't quite get whose quotes are whose. The pedophile ring, network I keep learning more about by reading. Also human trafficking.

JazzTime thank you for the expertise that you do. Mental illness is looked at now like they used to look at cancer... badly if someone got it.

Many have mental illness to various degrees and I hope before I die I can see the stigma go away.

O4Bull Thank you for still hanging with your relative

Welcome to your Monkey Family. Explore some other threads.. like Natalee, then the Lounge with food, fashion, and Musing where we can just talk.

When a new thread is starting about the next missing one that has a following her, follow it and see how the ins and outs work of collective thought with some nutty fun.

Being here has made my life better. I was naive and wish I was back there for now I have learned how evil the world is, but then again, if I hadn't started visiting Scared Monkeys, I wouldn't have learned to God and the Good Works.

Still believe when the historians centuries from now, look back to the Internet Era they will pick Scared Monkeys out as important in the history of the collective intelligence and good of individuals here. Do think we are making history as we go.

Happy Easter.

IBE 

We can ways to help change the evil; do preventive things

Am rambling. It's late.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1090 on: April 12, 2009, 05:16:44 AM »

Hi Tams and Guests

Happy Easter. I am on the West Coast but should still be asleep by now.

Have you caught up in your reading? I am about 5 pages back, reading backwards.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1091 on: April 12, 2009, 08:01:59 AM »

Good Morning, All, and Happy Easter! 

Great insightful posts by JazzTune and others.  My sister has been a nurse for 20+ years.  I can remember when she did her clinical study on a hospital psych ward how difficult it was for her.  You are an angel yourself for helping those people. 

I don't know how true this is yet, but apparently CBS News is reporting that it has received information that Sandra was murdered at the church. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1092 on: April 12, 2009, 08:39:46 AM »

this is a snippet from an article that I read this morning on the yahoo home page...sorry, not good at links and didn't want to copy the whole article....

"It's very unusual for women to be involved in an abduction and murder of a child," said Candice DeLong, a retired FBI profiler based in San Francisco. "Sometimes we see this when the woman is working with a male partner. It does not appear to be the case this time. But this was not a sexually motivated crime."

this is a relief to me...at least she did not have to suffer through anything like that ....

but still...WHY???

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1093 on: April 12, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »

^^^^my above post.....WHY? meaning why did MH have to kill her? what was the reason???

momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1094 on: April 12, 2009, 08:50:39 AM »

^^^^my above post.....WHY? meaning why did MH have to kill her? what was the reason???
Good morning Cookie.  WHY?!  That's the million dollar question.  I can't even begin to speculate.  It's beyond comprehension.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1095 on: April 12, 2009, 09:01:51 AM »

Morning Monkeys and Happy Easter.

I like Candice D, but I think she is overstepping to say at this point it does not appear to be sexually motivated.. I might agree on the actual murder itself, but no way do I buy this woman just murdered this baby. Keep in mind Im quite sure she died at the church (bed removal). Also the kidnapping charge- if Sandra went willingly with her, than to charge her with kidnapping would mean there is ill intent. What was that intent? IMO, that will yield future arrests.

What are kids spent time with this woman and Has LE spoken with them?

B
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1096 on: April 12, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »

Good morning Cookie.  WHY?!  That's the million dollar question.  I can't even begin to speculate.  It's beyond comprehension.

Morning!
It is beyond comprehension indeed! this is all very shocking to me....I guess that I have not gotten to the point where nothing surprises me anymore...don't know if that is good or bad..

danabar
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1097 on: April 12, 2009, 09:06:14 AM »

Huckaby on suicide watch

by TP staff and Associated Press

Melissa Huckaby, 28, a local minister's granddaughter, is on suicide watch in an observation cell at the San Joaquin County Jail in French Camp, sheriff's Deputy Les Garcia said this afternoon.

Huckaby, arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and killing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, refuses to see visitors, Garcia said. Jail records did not indicate whether she had an attorney.

Huckaby graduated from West High School in 1998 and worked four four years as a checker at a Food for Less grocery store on Tracy Boulevard, just east of the mobile park, until she was fired sometime in 2004, said Matt Duncan, an assistant manager at the store now known as FoodMaxx.

"I wouldn't have anything bad to say about her, until now," he said. "I would've never suspected her to do something like this."

Huckaby was scheduled to appear in court next Friday to check in with a county mental health program as part of a three-year probation sentence for a petty theft to which she pleaded no contest. She told the Tracy Friday that someone else by the same name was facing charges for the attempted theft in November from a Target store.

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokeswoman Terry Thornton said Huckaby has no state prison record.

Meanwhile, about 500 mourners stopped by Fry Memorial Chapel today to pay their respects to Sandra. Visitors are allowed to go in, sit and watch a slideshow with dozens of family photos of Sandra, leave gifts, pray and sign a guestbook.

Visiting hours will continue 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday and Monday.

Sandra's memorial service at 1 p.m. Thursday is expected to draw thousands of people, with parking space for only 500. It will be at in the West High School gym and cafeteria, 1775 W. Lowell Road, in Tracy.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=2304030-Huckaby+on+suicide+watch&article-Huckaby%20on%20suicide%20watch%20=&widget=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

Sucide watch, refusing to see visitors, hmmm, sounds like she has been watching to much of "Casey" and her antics. 

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1098 on: April 12, 2009, 09:06:56 AM »

Morning Monkeys and Happy Easter.

I like Candice D, but I think she is overstepping to say at this point it does not appear to be sexually motivated.. I might agree on the actual murder itself, but no way do I buy this woman just murdered this baby. Keep in mind Im quite sure she died at the church (bed removal). Also the kidnapping charge- if Sandra went willingly with her, than to charge her with kidnapping would mean there is ill intent. What was that intent? IMO, that will yield future arrests.

What are kids spent time with this woman and Has LE spoken with them?

B

morning blinkers!
ok, now that there is an arrest, does this coincide with the thoughts that you had on this case?
Yes, I thought that Candice was overstepping in a way as well...I mean, how does she know this? nothing has been disclosed yet as far as I know...

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1099 on: April 12, 2009, 09:13:46 AM »

Happy and Glorious Easter and Passover to all Celebrants!

JazzTune,
Your post concerning rat poison is along the lines for the internal bleeding I am thinking as well.  It says ICU so I am thinking it was something major.  A caustic substance like Drano would also cause that as well as just plain household aspirin taken in sufficient quantity.  At one time, the tale was that the suitcase was packed with cleaning supplies bringing the Drano thought to my mind. 

There are lots of nurses and former nurses like myself here but my training was about a hundred years ago and my how things have changed mostly for the better.

Thanks to all who have posted the up to date information and kept us all abreast of the latest developments in this tragedy.  I will be praying for this family and community today.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.