March 18, 2024, 09:14:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OIL & GAS PIPELINE INFO  (Read 803536 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1200 on: November 27, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1201 on: November 29, 2010, 01:12:06 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81574.php

Google translation:

CURACAO

States to resume meeting on oil contracts

November 27, 2010, 24:41 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG - The States will meet next week for a series of new meetings. These include a resumption of a previously suspended session on contracts relating to the possible presence of oil and gas in Curaçao's territorial waters, the future of local athletes, but also lots of foreign travel of delegations need approval be.

The first Regional Assembly of the ten hours Monday morning is a resumption of a meeting on Wednesday, November 3, which states as Prime Minister and Finance Minister Gerrit Schotte George "Jorge" Jamaloodin (both MFF) will debate. The meeting on November 3 was suspended at the request of the prime minister, so the government could go looking for contracts with international agencies would remain closed for drilling for oil in waters Curaçao. Opposition party PAR has always maintained that no contracts to drill for oil there, the current coalition parties want to read the fine weten.Het is unknown whether these contracts have now been found. Fact is that this meeting will be resumed next Monday.

On the same Monday there for four hours in the afternoon a meeting of the Central Commission of the States. At this meeting there will be travel must be approved by States delegations to meetings of Parlatino from November 30 to December 4 in Panama and for a working visit to Aruba. The last visit is an invitation to the launch of the website of the Aruban parliament to attend and will also visit should serve as an introduction.

States act on Tuesday morning at ten hours in a debate with Minister René Rosalia (Education, Science, Culture and Sports, PS) on the decision of the IAAF world athletics federation, which now Curaçao athletes at international meetings only for the Netherlands may come true. The meeting was requested by the coalition groups MFF, PS and MAN. The fractions of these parties are concerned about the future foreign representation of local athletes.

The week ends with two conference committees. The Finance Committee of the States meets Tuesday at four hours with representatives of the College Financial Supervision (Cft). During this meeting it will discuss its work Cft. The last meeting is scheduled for this week is a meeting of the Committee on Government Affairs and Interparliamentary Relations, which will be given to participation of the Curaçao Parliament to include the meetings of the Parliamentary Relations Consultation and other parliamentary organizations.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1202 on: November 29, 2010, 01:55:56 AM »

Older articles that discuss the meetings referenced in the article I just posted:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_80840.php

Google translation:

CURACAO

Schotte: Documents drilling surface

November 11, 2010, 12:50 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG - The Government has received documents that show that contracts to do research / drilling for oil in the past have been signed since been extended. Suggests that Prime Minister Gerrit Schotte request.

The political debate about drilling for oil are again running high. Assertions by the government that signed contracts to explore for oil drilling in the territorial waters of Curaçao are strongly denied by the opposition. The PAR group in the States has even requested a public meeting on the issue.

This meeting took place last week. Schotte said during the meeting that he understands that the signed contracts to drill for oil there, but he has not gotten them. He asked the meeting be postponed so he could do more research.

Schotte said yesterday that since the meeting last week when he announced that if necessary the hard way will be found to the documents, some documents were delivered to his office. Those documents shall be read more, according to the Prime Minister that certain contracts for researching / drilling for oil extended.

Schotte did not give further details and said that he was the President of the States will request the suspended meeting again to continue. In that meeting he will provide more information to Parliament.

PAR Staten Glenn Sulvaran is unhappy about this statement of Schotte and says it is the umpteenth time that the prime minister brings out things that are a spin on reality. According Sulvaran the documents, which it has Schotte by States to the Government. "That tells Schotte not. He acts as if the documents through an unfamiliar road with him come. That's not true. "

He also invites everyone to go to the States and to request the documents because they are public. Sulvaran again explained that the contracts have been investigating the presence of oil in the territorial waters of Curacao and certainly not about drilling for oil.

He further says that documents that are sent to the States, some names of companies weggelakt, but that in the original documents were made available to the States all the names to read.

Sulvaran, based on the conduct of the government in this matter, the strong impression that the government contracts to sign with interested parties, but not through the correct path (through the States) wants to do and why steeds with errors of the past is to disguise their own plans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_80479.php

Google translation:

CURACAO

States meeting on "oil agreements'

November 3, 2010, 3:05 p.m. (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG - The schedule of meetings of the States of Curacao by the heavy rains brought on by Tropical Storm Tomas adjusted. The meetings were held yesterday and today have not gone and postponed. This afternoon at half past three in the States are still a public meeting in any agreements entered into by the Government for drilling for oil in waters Curaçao.

The previously mentioned issue on the agenda of the Regional Assembly is placed at the request of the PAR group and following discussions back and forth between the opposition and the government over alleged oil contracts "search would be affected. During the public meeting scheduled for this afternoon, also discussed the nominations for members of the Administrative Commission of the States. This committee deals included the budget of the parliament and all other 'domestic affairs'. We shall also be decided on the representation of Curaçao in the Latin American Parliament, Parlatino. In a Central Committee meeting this afternoon for two hours on the agenda, it also looks at proposals from members in the various committees of the Parlatino will sit. In the public meeting that follows these nominations confirmed.

The Central Commission shall meet again tomorrow afternoon for two hours together. Then the opinion of the Committee on Government Affairs and Interparliamentary Relations discussed the draft budget for the financial year 2011 for the States of Curacao. The conference week will be Friday morning at ten hours culminating in a public meeting in which the state budget for the year 2011 will be established.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1203 on: November 29, 2010, 02:07:38 AM »

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/curacao/5/2010/WEEKLY_News_111310.pdf

News Items and Public Crime Summary for Week Ending
November 13, 2010

Curacao - PM Schotte: Oil drilling documents found

Political discussions on drilling for oil in Curaçao‟s territorial waters have heated up again. PM Schotte announced that the government received documents showing that contracts for research into and drilling for oil – signed in the past – have been extended. The opposition has denied allegations from the government that there are signed contracts to drill for oil. Schotte did not wish to give more details and said he would provide Parliament with more information during a public meeting. Parliament opposition member Glenn Sulvaran (political party PAR) was unhappy with Schotte‟s statement and said it was “the umpteenth time” the PM announced something that “twisted reality”. Sulvaran explained that the documents regard contracts on research into the possible existence of oil, and certainly not about drilling for oil (Amigoe, Antilliaans Dagblad).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1204 on: November 29, 2010, 02:34:15 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81647.php

Google translation:

Schotte: PAR-prime ministers have misinformed States

November 29, 2010, 1:43 p.m. (GMT -04:00)

Email this article 
Print this article 

PHILIPSBURG - The former prime PAR-Etienne Ys and Emily de Jongh-Elhage States have misinformed. This prompted Prime Minister Gerrit Schotte (MFF) in the States this morning to the fore during the continuation of the debate over oil contracts. Schotte Ys also accused him of agreements with foreign oil companies has entered without permission he had. "A serious matter," said the Prime Minister.

Schotte announced at the meeting that former Prime Minister Ys PAR in 2005 three contracts with foreign oil companies for the exchange of information on the exploration of oil and natural gas in the waters around Bonaire and Curacao. The contracts were entered into with Repsol SA, Shell Exploration Inc. and Murphy Overseas Ventures Inc.

Its confidentiality agreement, which was agreed conclusion that the Antillean government would share information with these companies, and the latter indicated that information with third parties will share. Schotte evidence for these contracts that former prime minister de Jongh-Elhage misled the States, because nowhere in the contract stipulates that the government information with third parties and certainly not allowed to share the Antillean parliament.

Using contracts, advice and e-mail traffic Schotte brought forward that these contracts have been entered illegally. Here he got a mail from Carel de Haseth by Schotte described as the "right, left, front and rear of Prime Minister de Jongh-Elhage, to Arturo Braam, deputy head of the Legislation and Legal Affairs, which De Haseth indicates that Ys would have signed "without an authorization decision. This decision is required when a minister enters into an agreement on behalf of the country.

In response speaks Ys But the thrust of the story by Schotte. "I have my signature does not put any contract relating to oil drilling. The contracts give the companies access to information about the possible presence of oil and gas in our waters. This is public information and they decide who they give to access them. "According to the former prime minister is not authorized by this act required. "The fact that no authorization decision exists, indicates that I have not drawn that drilling for oil related. I hope that the Government enters into similar agreements with interested companies future.

Relying on legal advice Schotte brought forward that the Antillean Government in 2005, the contracts should not enter. "In the oil ordinance that same government to the Advisory Board has sent to is one that only the country and the island territories limited company may enter into agreements to commit research and drilling for oil and gas. The country was never authorized to enter into these agreements. "

The Prime Minister also had strong criticism of the fact that the contracts in 2005 were incurred, and that those of Repsol and Murphy's in 2008 were extended until 2011, when at that time (mid 2008) the intention was that the country the Netherlands Antilles by on December 15, 2008 would cease to exist. "This is the land that Curaçao was yet to be born compromised."

Claims
Ys said this morning the hope that Curaçao does not claim to be confronted now the secret information has been disclosed and that oil companies are not deterred by the current hoopla will be to conclude agreements with the island to enter.

Answers
Prime Minister Gerrit Schotte (MFF) this morning held talks for nearly two and a half hours in the Chamber of the States during the continuation of the debate on oil contracts. But at the end of his speech concluded PAR party in the States, Pedro Atacho, Schotte no question that in the first round had been replied to. Schotte gave the necessary time to have had a discussion about anything to keep the contracts concerned by the previous governments in recent years. Schotte said that he would answer the questions in writing. After the suspension began Schotte how to answer questions.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1205 on: November 29, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »

Pretty interesting stuff, TM!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: November 30, 2010, 12:27:01 AM »

http://www.curacaolegalportal.com/LEGISLATION-ON-OIL-EXPLORATION-AND-PRODUCTION-IN-THE-DUTCH-CARIBBEAN.html

‘LEGISLATION ON OIL EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION IN THE DUTCH CARIBBEAN’

There is an increasing interest of International companies to explore and extract natural gas and petroleum in parts of the Caribbean sea area where Curaçao and Bonaire are situated. This is a positive development as this could give the economies of the Dutch Caribbean a significant boost and add to the worlds proven reserves.

An ongoing discussion is whether or not there are oil reservoirs in the grounds of the waters of the Dutch Caribbean, particularly along the coast of Curaçao. As a result hereof comprehensive legislation regarding oil exploration and production in the Dutch Caribbean is required in order to take research further and test drilling could be carried out. Apart from the National Ordinance on Petroleum Saba Bank of 13 December 1976 (Petroleum Landsverordening Saba Bank) that regulates the exploration and production of petroleum in or on the Saba Bank area2, no legislation is yet in place regarding the oil exploration and production with respect to other parts of the Dutch Caribbean, with the exception, however, of Aruba. A National Ordinance on Petroleum does exist in Aruba. “The Petroleumlandsverordening zeegebied Aruba 1987” contains the regulations regarding the petroleum exploration and production in the sea area around Aruba.

As the Government wishes to stimulate the search for oil in the Dutch Antilles a draft National Ordinance on petroleum exploration and production in the sea area around the Leeward Islands (Curaçao and Bonaire) is presently being considered by the Dutch Antilles Parliament. This draft National Ordinance corresponds with the National Ordinance on Petroleum Saba Bank, and has the following important stipulations.

The exclusive rights for the exploration and the production of petroleum in the sea area of the Leeward Islands will be held by a government owned company, an N.V. (public limited liability corporation). The draft National Ordinance stipulates that this N.V. will be established by a National Decree. The shares in this N.V. are held by the Government of the Dutch Antilles together with the island territory of Curaçao and the island territory of Bonaire3. The shares in this N.V. cannot be transferred to third parties. This will enable the Government of the Dutch Antilles to use possible proceeds from the exploitation or production for public community services.

The N.V. is entitled to enter into agreements with third parties regarding the exploration and production of petroleum in the sea area of the Leeward Islands. Due to the fact that exploration and production of petroleum is a high risk investment, it is most likely that services of third parties - large oil companies - will be utilized. Agreements with third parties will however be subject to the approval of the Minister for General Affairs and Foreign Affairs.

The draft National Ordinance also contains the Protocol between the Dutch Caribbean and Aruba established in 1985, concerning the exploration, production of petroleum and the division of proceeds originated from seabed resources. With the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles ahead, no decision has yet been made regarding the division of the shares in the government owned N.V. when Bonaire, Saba, and Sint Eustatius will become a direct part of the Netherlands as special municipalities. The government however will be discussing this matter with the Island Executives of the islands.

There is an existing treaty regarding the delimitation of the maritime and underwater areas between Venezuela and the Kingdom of the Netherlands also applicable to the Dutch Antilles, “Boundary Delimitation Treaty between the Republic of Venezuela and the Kingdom of the Netherlands, 31 March 1978”. This treaty is of great importance as the sea borders between Venezuela and the Dutch Antilles (Leeward Islands) are established in this treaty.

The possibility of petroleum exploration and production in the Dutch Antilles is an interesting and important development for the Dutch Caribbean islands, therefore it is of significant importance that comprehensive legislation will be established concerning this matter as soon as possible.

For more information, please contact Sensie Mourik of VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne ( mourik@ekvandoorne.com).

(Source: www.ekvandoorne.com)

July 21, 2009

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1207 on: November 30, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »

This might be a helpful link:

http://www.oilcareers.com/regions/730/NETHERLANDSANTILLES_pipeline.asp
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1208 on: November 30, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »

Murphy Overseas Ventures Inc.
200 E Peach Street
El Dorado, AR 71730-5836
http://www.manta.com/c/mmyjjzr/murphy-overseas-ventures-inc

Salamander Energy & Murphy Overseas Ventures - deal in Indonesia
http://asia.legalbusinessonline.com/deals/1405/details.aspx

Subsidiary of Murphy Oil Corp/DE
http://www.secinfo.com/dScRa.4jw.b.htm
click on EX-21, see number 14

Murphy Oil Corp - SEC Filings
http://www.secinfo.com/$/SEC/Registrant.asp?CIK=717423

Nice work, TM!  I'll be back to dig some more when I have more time!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1209 on: November 30, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »

Summary

Murphy Oil Corporation is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company with refining and marketing operations in the United States and the United Kingdom. As used in this report, the terms Murphy, Murphy Oil, we, our, its and Company may refer to Murphy Oil Corporation or any one or more of its consolidated subsidiaries.

The Company was originally incorporated in Louisiana in 1950 as Murphy Corporation. It was reincorporated in Delaware in 1964, at which time it adopted the name Murphy Oil Corporation, and was reorganized in 1983 to operate primarily as a holding company of its various businesses. Its operations are classified into two business activities: (1) “Exploration and Production” and (2) “Refining and Marketing.” For reporting purposes, Murphy’s exploration and production activities are subdivided into six geographic segments, including the United States, Canada, Malaysia, the United Kingdom, Republic of the Congo and all other countries. Murphy’s refining and marketing activities are subdivided into geographic segments for North America and United Kingdom. Murphy exited the gasoline retailing business in Canada during 2007, but the relatively insignificant historical results for the Canadian operations have been combined with U.S. refining and marketing operations in the North American segment. Additionally, “Corporate” activities include interest income, interest expense, foreign exchange effects and overhead not allocated to the segments.

The information appearing in the 2009 Annual Report to Security Holders (2009 Annual Report) is incorporated in this Form 10-K report as Exhibit 13 and is deemed to be filed as part of this Form 10-K report as indicated under Items 1, 2 and 7.

In addition to the following information about each business activity, data about Murphy’s operations, properties and business segments, including revenues by class of products and financial information by geographic area, are provided on pages 18 through 35, F-14 and F-15, F-36 through F-45, and F-47 of this Form 10-K report and on pages 5 and 6 of the 2009 Annual Report.

At December 31, 2009, Murphy had 8,369 employees, including 3,261 full-time and 5,108 part-time.

Interested parties may access the Company’s public disclosures filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K and other documents, by accessing the Investor Relations section of Murphy Oil Corporation’s website at www.murphyoilcorp.com.

Exploration and Production

The Company’s exploration and production business explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids worldwide. The Company’s exploration and production management team in Houston, Texas directs the Company’s worldwide exploration and production activities.

During 2009, Murphy’s principal exploration and production activities were conducted in the United States by wholly owned Murphy Exploration & Production Company – USA (Murphy Expro USA), in Malaysia, Republic of the Congo, Indonesia, Australia and Suriname by wholly owned Murphy Exploration & Production Company – International (Murphy Expro International) and its subsidiaries, in Western Canada and offshore Eastern Canada by wholly owned Murphy Oil Company Ltd. (MOCL) and its subsidiaries, and in the U.K. North Sea and the Atlantic Margin by wholly owned Murphy Petroleum Limited. Murphy’s crude oil and natural gas liquids production in 2009 was in the United States, Canada, Malaysia, the United Kingdom and Republic of the Congo; its natural gas was produced and sold in the United States, Canada, Malaysia and the United Kingdom. MOCL owns a 5% undivided interest in Syncrude Canada Ltd. in northern Alberta, one of the world’s largest producers of synthetic crude oil.

http://www.secinfo.com/d14D5a.r19pt.htm#p1w

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1210 on: November 30, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »

Suriname

In June 2007, Murphy entered into a production sharing contract covering Block 37, offshore Suriname. Murphy operates this block and has a 100% working interest, subject to a potential reduction to 80% should the state oil company exercise its option. Block 37 covers approximately 2.16 million acres and has water depths ranging from 160 to 1,000 feet. In the acreage table on page 7, the Company has reflected net acreage for Suriname as if the state company’s option will be exercised. The contract provides for a six-year exploration period with two phases. Phase I has a four-year period that requires the acquisition of 3D seismic and the drilling of two wells. The 3D seismic was shot in late 2008 and early 2009, and interpretation of this data occurred in 2009. The first exploration well is expected to be drilled in late 2010.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: November 30, 2010, 06:59:53 PM »

Suriname

In June 2007, Murphy entered into a production sharing contract covering Block 37, offshore Suriname. Murphy operates this block and has a 100% working interest, subject to a potential reduction to 80% should the state oil company exercise its option. Block 37 covers approximately 2.16 million acres and has water depths ranging from 160 to 1,000 feet. In the acreage table on page 7, the Company has reflected net acreage for Suriname as if the state company’s option will be exercised. The contract provides for a six-year exploration period with two phases. Phase I has a four-year period that requires the acquisition of 3D seismic and the drilling of two wells. The 3D seismic was shot in late 2008 and early 2009, and interpretation of this data occurred in 2009. The first exploration well is expected to be drilled in late 2010.

I thought we were reading the same thing at first.   

http://globaledge.msu.edu/countries/suriname/economy/

In April 2008 the Spanish Repsol YPF commenced test drilling off Suriname’s coast. In July the company reported that the results of the test drilling were inconclusive, and the complex configuration of the soil made it difficult to assess whether or not oil was present. In November 2008 U.S. company Murphy Oil Corporation and Staatsolie announced that Murphy Oil Corporation had contracted the Geo Celtic, the largest purpose-built seismic vessel in the world, from Fugro Norway in order to conduct 3D seismic research off Suriname’s coast in Block 37. This U.S. $50 million research project was expected to take place between November 2008 and January 2009. A month later, in December 2008, the Japanese oil company Tokeiku announced that it would piggyback on the Geo Celtic’s presence off Suriname’s coast and would commence its 3D seismic research immediately following the completion of Murphy’s research. Results are not available from either study. In November 2008 Staatsolie commenced a bidding round for two blocks offshore, which were expected to be awarded in July 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repsol_YPF

Repsol YPF
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Repsol YPF, S.A. (originally an initialism for Refineria de Petróleos de Escombreras Oil - Yacimientos Petrolíferos Fiscales Sociedad Anónima, BMAD: REP) is an integrated Spanish oil and gas company with operations in 29 countries. The bulk of its assets are located in Spain and Argentina, as a result of the 1999 takeover of Argentine energy firm YPF by the Spanish conglomerate Repsol S.A. within the controversial privatisations by president Carlos Menem. It is now the 15th largest petroleum refining company according to the Fortune Global 500 list[2], employing over 40,000 people worldwide.
In May 2006 Repsol announced it was planning to float between 15% and 20% of YPF's shares on the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange.
Repsol also partners with Honda Racing Corporation to compete in MotoGP under Repsol Honda Team.

History

1948: REPESA incorporation (oil refineries located in Escombreras) created for the installation of a refinery in the Valley of Escombreras (Cartagena)
1981: Creation of INH: Public organization created to integrate the various companies operating in the oil and gas sectors in which the Spanish state had a controlling interest or was the sole owner.
1986: Creation of the Repsol group: Its sole shareholder is the INH. Repsol brings together the companies in which the Spanish government had a majority ownership in the areas of Exploration and Production (formerly Hispanoil) and Production, Refining (formerly ENPETROL), Chemical and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), Butane (former Butano SA) , CAMPSA and Petronor. Repsol Quimica (Alcudia).
1989: The State (INH) began the privatization of Repsol. IPO of 26% of Repsol capital. Shares of Repsol, SA became listed on stock exchanges in Spain and in New York.
1991: The company of Gas Natural was formed.
1997: The State completes the process of privatization of Repsol. IPO of 10% of Repsol capital.
1998: Repsol considers the privatization of YPF.
1999: Acquisition of YPF by Repsol.
2007: Purchase of 14.9% by the Petersen Group, a company of Argentina controlled by Enrique Eskenazi .
In November 2008 LUKoil was interested in acquiring approximately 30% of the shares of Repsol (20% owned by Sacyr and 10% of Caja Madrid).
2009: The company enters into agreement with Cuba to extract and drill on their territory.
2010: Repsol signed an agreement for investments estimated in U$10 billion in Iran.[3]

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1212 on: November 30, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »

From Lifesong's post:

The Company’s exploration and production management team in Houston, Texas directs the Company’s worldwide exploration and production activities.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1213 on: December 01, 2010, 12:16:35 AM »

http://www.sos.louisiana.gov/tabid/819/default.aspx

Name    Type    City    Status

MURPHY OIL USA, INC.   Business Corporation (Non-Louisiana)   WILMINGTON   Active

Business:   MURPHY OIL USA, INC.

Charter Number:   34440360 F

Registration Date:   8/2/1993

Domicile Address
    1209 ORANGE ST.
    WILMINGTON, DE 19801

Mailing Address
    200 PEACH ST.
    EL DORADO, AR 71730

Principal Business Office
    200 PEACH ST.
    EL DORADO, AR 71730

Registered Office in Louisiana
    5615 CORPORATE BLVD., STE. 400B
    BATON ROUGE, LA 70808

Principal Business Establishment in Louisiana
    5615 CORPORATE BLVD., STE. 400B
    BATON ROUGE, LA 70808

Status

Annual Report Status:    In Good Standing
Qualified:   8/2/1993
Last Report Filed:   8/2/2010

Type:   Business Corporation (Non-Louisiana)

Registered Agent(s)
Agent:   C T CORPORATION SYSTEM
Address 1:   5615 CORPORATE BLVD., STE. 400B
City, State, Zip:   BATON ROUGE, LA 70808
Appointment Date:   8/2/1993

Officer(s)    Additional Officers: Yes

Officer:   W. K. COMPTON
Title:   Secretary
Address 1:   2300 CALION RD.
City, State, Zip:   EL DORADO, AR 71730

Officer:   HENRY JOSEPH HEITHAUS
Title:   Vice-President
Address 1:   625 E. 19TH

Officer:   D. M. WOOD
Title:   President
Address 1:   110 SUMMIT PLACE

Amendments on File (2)
Description   Date
Appointing, Change, or Resign of Officer   6/11/2007
Stmt of Chg or Chg Prin Bus Off   1/29/2008

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1214 on: December 01, 2010, 01:56:31 AM »

Brought over from NCD:

I don't really stay on top of the oil exploration, but found this comment, out of St. Maarten:
 Prime Minister Emily de Jongh-Elhage will also face questions during this meeting about government’s apparent lack of transparency about agreements signed for exploration of gas and oil in the territorial waters of the Dutch Leeward Islands. This agenda point was requested by the MAN faction.....

http://www.thedailyherald.com/news/daily/l292/parlil292.html

Bumped   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1215 on: December 01, 2010, 02:50:49 AM »

Just in case this isn't already here somewhere...

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=131502

Superior Offshore International Appoints New Chairman of the Board

HOUSTON, Nov. 15, 2007 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Offshore International, Inc. (Nasdaq:DEEP) today announced that it has appointed James L. Persky to serve as its Chairman of the Board.

Mr. Persky replaces Louis E. Schaefer, Jr., the Company's founder, who has decided to retire and has resigned from the Board of Directors effective November 14, 2007.

"Working to grow Superior Offshore from the very beginning, from a small diving company in Louisiana to a publicly traded, international provider of subsea construction and commercial diving services, has given me great satisfaction," said Mr. Schaefer. "I believe that Jim Mermis, James Persky, the Company's Board and the management team are fully capable of leading Superior Offshore to even greater successes in the years to come."

"We cannot thank Louis enough for his years of service to Superior Offshore," said James J. Mermis, President and Chief Executive Officer of Superior Offshore. "We would not be where we are today without his clear vision and unparalleled dedication to the Company, and we wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors."

Mr. Schaefer expects to pursue other interests in his retirement, particularly focusing on humanitarian and charitable work, as well as other future business opportunities.

James L. Persky has been a director of Superior Offshore since April 2007 and is Lead Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee. From 1998 to 2001, Mr. Persky was Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Luminex Corporation, a medical research and development company. From 1985 through 1997, Mr. Persky was employed by Southdown, Inc., a cement manufacturer, as Controller in 1985, Vice President-Finance from 1986 to 1989, Senior Vice President-Finance from 1989 to 1994, and Executive Vice President-Finance and Administration from 1994 through 1997. From 1980 through 1984, Mr. Persky was employed by Enstar Corporation, a crude oil and natural gas exploration and production company, where he served as Corporate Controller in 1984 and Assistant Controller-Oil and Gas Operations from 1980 through 1983. From 1971 to 1980, Mr. Persky was employed by Shell Oil Company, an international crude oil and natural gas exploration, production, refining and marketing company. Mr. Persky is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas and a Master of Science in Accountancy from the University of Houston.

"With a long and distinguished career in senior corporate management as an expert in finance and accounting, James Persky has been an invaluable member of our board of directors since our initial public offering," said Mermis. "We are pleased that he has agreed to serve as Chairman of the Board and look forward to his continued leadership as we move ahead."

About Superior Offshore International

Superior Offshore International is a leading provider of subsea construction and commercial diving services to the offshore oil and gas industry, serving operators internationally and domestically in the outer continental shelf of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Construction services include installation, upgrading and decommissioning of pipelines and production infrastructure. Commercial diving services include inspection, maintenance and repair services and support services for subsea construction and salvage operations. The company also operates a construction/fabrication division. Superior Offshore operates a fleet of 11 service vessels and provides remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) and saturation diving systems for deep water and harsh environment operations.

The Superior Offshore International, Inc. logo is available at http://www.primenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=3909

Roger Burks, CFO
          713-910-1875
          roger.burks@superioroffshore.com

DRG&E
          Ken Dennard
            ksdennard@drg-e.com
          Anne Pearson
            apearson@drg-e.com
          713-529-6600

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1216 on: December 01, 2010, 02:46:52 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81697.php

States wants investigation into oil contracts

30 Nov, 2010, 09:03 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

WILLEMSTAD — A States’ majority adopted a motion yesterday ordering an investigation into contracts, which the previous government concluded with foreign oil companies. The MFK and opposition party PNP seconded the motion, a proposal from the coalition parties MAN and PS. However, another motion from the PAR to approach the Public Prosecutor was not carried.

During yesterday’s States meeting, Premier Gerrit Schotte mentioned that former premiers Etienne Ys and Emily de Jongh-Elhage (both of PAR) had concluded contracts with foreign petroleum companies. In this, it regarded confidentiality agreements with Repsol SA, Shell Exploration Inc and Murphy’s Overseas Ventures Inc to exchange seismological information. Schotte said that it supposedly regarded illegal contracts, which the premiers in question had concluded without the required authorization decision. Former premier Etienne Ys responded to this by stating he had not done anything unlawful and that these contracts only regarded the perusal and analyzing of already existing seismological information.

Schotte repeatedly emphasized that the contracts were concluded with oil companies, with the objective to start oil explorations and that due expectations were raised with these companies, with contracts that supposedly were concluded in an unlawful manner. The Premier received support from his own MFK party during the debate. For instance, Dean Rozier pointed out that the former PAR-premiers had concluded contracts against the existing rules. “They had signed without the required authorization decision. It regards contracts, which the country may not conclude, whilst contracts may not be concluded with companies domiciled abroad. Moreover, in this the government acted against all advices of the Directorate Legislation & Legal Affairs.”

However, the PAR party did not accept the Premier’s explanation. According to the chairman of the yellow party, Pedro Atacho, despite Schotte’s argument in the morning hours, he was not able to prove that the previous governments had concluded contracts for oil and petroleum drilling in the Curaçao waters, as mentioned by the coalition parties in the election period. However, MAN States member Eunice Eisden mentioned that the PAR had tried to create confusion. “The issue is not whether there are contracts for oil drilling, but how one deals with the natural riches of this island.”

Approach OM
Both the coalition and the opposition parties introduced an own motion at the end of the debate. The motion from the coalition insisted on an investigation by the government into the contracts. However, the PAR did not think the motion went far enough and said that if the coalition parties had sufficient proof that the previous governments possessed contracts for oil and petroleum drilling, they should approach the Public Prosecutor (OM). However, the coalition was of the opinion that an investigation was to be conducted first. Eisden: “It regards more than just contracts. We must assure that this never recurs, and we will decide when we will go to the OM.” PS-leader Helmin Wiels added that there’s no sense in the OM conducting an investigation at this moment because ‘the OM, just like the Court and the Intelligence Service, are seriously corrupted’. An investigation would be advisable only after a parliamentary enquiry with the OM, according to the PS-leader.

The coalition’s proposal was adopted with 12 votes and 7 dissenting votes. PNP member Humphrey Davelaar voted for the proposal because he supports further investigation into how one dealt with this subject in the past. Davelaar also voted for the PAR-motion that suggested approaching the OM directly because the premier had stated that the contracts were concluded in an unlawful manner. However, that motion was not carried. According to Eugene Cleopa, the motion proves that the PAR party was prepared to lodge a complaint against their own former premiers.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1217 on: December 02, 2010, 10:19:48 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81791.php

Google translation:

CURACAO

De Jongh-Elhage (PAR): Schotte is a liar

December 2, 2010, 13:36 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG - MFF leader and prime minister Gerrit Schotte States lied when he announced that his predecessor Emily de Jongh-Elhage (PAR) without an authorizing resolution agreement with the University of Texas was made. De Jongh-Elhage said this yesterday during a press conference of her party. As she presented the conscious decision that authorized by Governor Frits Goedgedrag and herself had been signed.

The press conference was organized to PAR fiercely to bash Schotte, who earlier this week in a public meeting de Jongh-Elhage States and its predecessor and party colleague Etienne Ys had accused of illegal acts and false informing the national parliament. De Jongh-Elhage showed yesterday, like its predecessor a few days back, all allegations of the hand. The former prime minister accused him of Schotte of the premier institute of Curacao had been discredited by false accusations during a State Assembly to launch.

De Jongh-Elhage stressed again yesterday that it has signed no contract to drill for oil and that it is not without an enabling act had acted. "The only contracts that exist, are all times in Parliament. These contracts recognize the seismic data. When I was prime minister I have several times said in parliament, and these contracts are given to the States. I've never ever withheld information for the States. But the then opposition, now support the government, has accused me that I had signed contracts to explore for oil drilling. But there are no contracts. It has also become clear during the show by Prime Minister Schotte in the States has been increased. "

According to former Prime Minister Schotte lying when he says they would have signed without permission. She showed as authorized by 27 February 2008 the press and declared that Schotte aware of, but that he chose such information about its activities. The decree took effect on March 7 in Parliament, so the document can be seen. "Schotte has deliberately misled parliament and the people. In any democratic system is a crime, especially when a minister and a prime minister in parliament launches a lie. "

The PAR leader explained again yesterday that the contracts with Repsol and Murphy's decision not to authorize entered into, because it involves access to data from over thirty years would go. These contracts would be the country financially or legally bind somewhere. The contract with the University of Texas was different, because this study examined, with associated costs would be. This is an authorization decision is required and that is signed, according to De Jongh-Elhage yesterday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1218 on: December 02, 2010, 11:44:28 PM »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/34117627/Shell-Oil-Lessons-not-learned

Lessons Not Learned
The Other Shell Report 2004

Location reports Curaçao: Shell CEO Jeroen van der Veer Leaves Behind a Mess

People living on the island of Curaçao are looking to Shell to clean up the toxic mess it created while operating a refinery on the island twenty years ago.

Jeroen van der Veer, a former employee at Shell’s Curaçao refinery, who has risen through the ranks to become the Chief Executive Officer of Royal/Dutch Shell, regularly gives speeches asserting that a core principle at Shell is to minimize the impacts of its operations on host communities.

The residents of Curaçao want Shell to put its words into action.

Curaçao is home to the largest population in the Netherlands Antilles, totaling approximately 150,000 people.  This island in the Caribbean Sea is also home to the oldest oil refinery in the western hemisphere, which was constructed and operated by Shell for 70 years, from 1915 to 1985.

At this refinery, Jeroen van der Veer toiled as a mechanical engineer and honed his skills in “refinery design.”  Now, as Chief Executive Officer of Royal Dutch/Shell, Jeroen van der Veer is redesigning the corporation’s governance structure.  His public speeches depict Shell as caring about the communities where it mines, drills, and extracts its wealth.  However, as a previous Shell employee in Curaçao, Jeroen has had direct and personal experience with Shell exploiting a host community, and walking away from the disastrous consequences.

The Curaçao refinery was declared “obsolete” in 1982;  and later, in 1985, Shell sold the refinery for only $1 USD to the Netherlands Antilles government.  As part of this sale, Shell pressured the government to accept terms that would absolve Shell from any responsibility for the extensive environmental and health damage created by its refinery operations.  Residents of Curaçao, who are outraged by the environmental mess that Shell has left behind, organized the Humane Care Foundation Curaçao in 2003. Their painstaking efforts have exposed the toxic legacy created by Shell. Islanders have suffered decades of respiratory problems and other serious health ailments associated with refinery pollution.  The 20 kilometer reef that surrounds this small island is contaminated with oil waste.  For years, Shell dumped toxic wastes in Asphalt Lake and Schottegat Bay, which have polluted the Caribbean Sea.

Shell claims that it has no involvement in the Curaçao oil refinery, known as Isla, but the reality is that the company has maintained close ties. A Shell drilling structure was installed off the coast of Curaçao during the late 1990s.  In 2001, Petroleos de Venezuela Sociedad Anonimo (PdVSA), the company that leased Shell’s former oil refinery from the Netherlands Antilles government, developed a joint project with Shell to optimize operations at the Isla refinery in Curaçao. The former chairman of the PdVSA Board of Directors, Luis Guisti, now serves on Shell’s Board of Directors and was re-elected at the 2004 annual general meeting.  Luis Guisti worked at PdVSA for over 20 years.  Currently, Shell is partnering with PdVSA in a long-term joint venture to operate a liquefied natural gas terminal in the Caribbean.  In a recent speech to international business managers, Jeroen van der Veer stated: “Shell works with countries . . . that are concerned about the health . . . of all their people.... We try to minimise the impact of our operations on host communities”.  However, contrary to “working with countries”, Shell abused its power in Curaçao to such an extent that a Shell manager unabashedly asserted: “The Antillean government? We are the government!” 

The impacts of Shell’s refinery on its host community in Curaçao have in no way been minimal.

Shell has caused extensive contamination on the island, leaving the burden of clean-up to the people of Curaçao, who lack the resources to do so.

As the CEO of Shell, Jeroen van der Veer is now in a position to right the wrongs of Shell’s operations in Curaçao, and demonstrate to the world a leadership that fulfills his often repeated commitment to human rights, health, environmental protection, and ethical practices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeroen_van_der_Veer

Jeroen van der Veer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jeroen van der Veer at the annual meeting of World Economic Forum in 2009

Jeroen van der Veer (born 27 October 1947 in Utrecht, Netherlands) was the CEO of the petroleum corporation Royal Dutch Shell until 30 June 2009.

Van der Veer graduated in 1971 from Delft University with an engineer's degree in mechanical engineering and went on to earn an MSc degree in economics from Erasmus University Rotterdam. In 2005 he was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Port Harcourt in Nigeria.

Van der Veer joined Shell in 1971 and worked in manufacturing and marketing in the Netherlands, Curaçao and the United Kingdom. In March 2007 it was announced that Mr. van der Veer's contract as CEO would be extended to June 2009 some twenty months beyond his normal retirement date of October 2007.[1] He was the first executive director of Shell to stay in office beyond the age of 60. He retired as Chief Executive of Royal Dutch Shell June 2009, and remains on the Board of Directors. He also is a non-executive director of Unilever[2],

Jeroen van der Veer is married to Mariette and has three daughters.

A Royal honour was conferred upon Jeroen van der Veer to mark his retirement in 2009. He has been appointed by the Queen of the Netherlands as a Commander in the Order of Orange-Nassau. In 2010 Jeroen van der Veer was presented with Singapore’s Honorary Citizen Award by President S.R. Nathan at a ceremony held in Singapore on 25 February 2010.[3] The Honorary Citizen Award is the highest form of recognition for outstanding contributions to the country’s growth and development.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1219 on: December 03, 2010, 09:30:30 AM »

Pemex in Talks to Buy Refining Capacity in U.S., Reforma Says
By Paul Tobin - Dec 2, 2010 6:01 AM ET

Petroleos Mexicanos is in talks with Valero Energy Corp. and five other companies as it seeks to buy refining capacity in the U.S., Reforma reported, citing Chief Executive Officer Juan Jose Suarez Coppel.

Pemex is also considering creating a venture to form alliances with private companies through performance-based production contracts for mature oil fields, Reforma said, citing the executive.

To contact the reporter on this story: Paul Tobin in Madrid at ptobin@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Tim Quinson at tquinson@bloomberg.net

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-02/pemex-in-talks-to-buy-refining-capacity-in-u-s-reforma-says.html?cmpid=yhoo

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.