March 19, 2024, 03:46:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OIL & GAS PIPELINE INFO  (Read 803626 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2009, 04:54:50 AM »

This is an old article, sorry if it's a repeat...wasn't sure it was posted here...thought it had a lot of useful info.

http://216.139.243.63/_docs/magazine/2006-os_jan.pdf

Superior Diving Company and its subsidiary, Superior Offshore Services,was officially
renamed Superior Offshore International on Monday, December 5 during the company’s 20th year anniversary celebration at the Downtown Houston Aquarium.

“Our new name, Superior Offshore International, is a reflection of our expanded core capabilities and our customer base” said Jim Mermis, Superior’s Chief Operations Officer. “With our new 82,000 square feet
construction/fabrication facility in Amelia, LA along with the acquisition of the Superior Endeavour and the scheduled acquisition of the Gulf Diver IV and V in early 2006, we simply outgrew our old name. Superior

Offshore International is indicative of our current and future corporate direction.”

Serving the offshore energy industry worldwide, Superior Offshore International provides commercial diving and offshore construction specializing in rig support, heavy construction, platform and pipeline salvage, inspection and repair through its four major divisions of diving services, vessels, navigational aids and construction/fabrication services.

Superior Offshore International specializes in all facets of commercial diving and maintains one of the best ongoing safety records in the industry with over 300 years of combined personnel diving experience.
“Our divers are the best in the world;” said Charles Zamora, Superior’s Diving Services manager, “they are the best at completing the job under duress while exercising strict diving discipline.”

Under its Vessels division, Superior’s fleet includes the Superior Endeavour and the Gulf Diver III. Each vessel is specifically designed to manage a full-range of offshore and marine services. The Superior
Endeavour is a 265 foot, DPII classed vessel outfitted with a 45 ton-capable SeaKing crane. The ship has a clear deck space of 8,600 square feet complete with a 6-man, 1,000 foot rated deck saturation system and
is fully surface-dive capable. The Gulf Diver III is a 165 foot, deep air and surface gas dive-capable vessel with 2,000 square feet of clear deck space. The ship utilizes a 30 ton, A-frame crane along with a 14 ton Grove crane. Two new service vessels, the Gulf Diver IV and the Gulf Diver V, are scheduled for service launch in early 2006.

Superior Offshore International develops and services an array of navigational aids that assist mariners in making safe landfall, mark isolated dangers, enable pilots to follow channels, and provide a continuous chain of charted marks for precise piloting in coastal waters. Primarily, these navigational aids include smart buoys or “Louis buoys,” named after Louis Schaefer Jr, owner and president of Superior.  These “Louie buoys” can be lighted or unlighted sound buoys or combined buoys or combination buoys which have both an audible and visual signal.

Superior Offshore International provides a full-range of offshore and onshore construction support services including pipeline restoration, structural repair and installation for the worldwide energy industry.

Superior’s 7.5 acre facility in Amelia, LA, utilizes 82,000 square feet of warehouse space specifically designed to facilitate all offshore and inland construction projects.

Superior’s custom diving fabrication division designs, fabricates, and installs well guards, corrosion caps, custom drilling templates, sub-sea assemblies, net guards, boat bumpers, riser clamps, and other offshore
industrial products. “Our fabrication facility operates 24/7,” Pat Wilson, Superior’s Construction/Fabrication manager, “capable of managing any custom fabrication project.”  The custom diving fabrication division
has designed and installed over 250 industrial marine products to over 50 customers in the last 5 years.

Superior Offshore International also rehabilitates and refurbishes products to extend their service life.
With its headquarters based in Lafayette, LA and with regional offices in Houston,TX and Morgan City, LA,

Superior Offshore International continues to grow in size and in personnel. “In just one short year, our
employee base has grown 200 percent.” says Bridget Adams, General Manager Accounting for Superior Offshore International. “We believe that our most valuable asset is our employees and Superior is committed to hiring the most qualified and skilled personnel.”

From a marketing perspective, Superior Offshore International has accumulated an array of communication tools to assist in the dissemination of Superior’s core capabilities.

A comprehensive of digital library has been shot and categorized into its four major divisions.
Digital video has also been accrued to further enhance the company’s new image and capabilities. Video snippets of Superior Offshore International’s facilities and equipment will be used to demonstrate the wide
range of offshore and marine services to new and current clients; a valuable tool for international
clientele.  New marketing collaterals also include a new corporate brochure and products sheets
custom designed with Superior’s new digital library. The brochure highlights each of the company’s four main divisions with the product sheets providing specific information on each of Superior’s vessels.
The new branding of Superior Offshore International extends online at www.superioroffshore.com. The site includes downloadable brochures, product sheets, and safety records along with information on each
major division. “Our site is functional and informative with an emphasis placed on providing information on the full spectrum of our capabilities as a leading offshore service provider,” says Adams. “Our customers want up to date information on our critical assets, such as our vessels, and our new site supplies
information on a 24/7 basis.”  With the company’s new name, new image, new marketing tools, and expanded core capabilities, Superior Offshore International continues to strive to become the industry leader in international marine and offshore services.

“It’s been twenty glorious years servicing our clients in the offshore energy industry,”  said Louis Schaefer Jr., owner and president of Superior Offshore International, “we look forward to the next twenty.”

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2009, 05:13:18 AM »

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFN1643769620090516

Curacao chooses more autonomy from Dutch rule

Sat May 16, 2009 12:20pm GMT 

Print | Single Page[-] Text
  • WILLEMSTAD, Curacao, May 16 (Reuters) - Curacao residents voted in favor of more autonomy from the Netherlands and a restructuring of the Caribbean island's foreign debt, but also gave their former colonial rulers sway over economic decisions.

Official results late on Friday showed 52 percent voted to be given more say in their home affairs along with an offer by the Netherlands government to forgive about $2.7 billion debt, but on the condition of increased Dutch control over the economy.

"It offers security, welfare and a reply to the people, who want Curacao to be an autonomous country," said Curacao's Prime Minister Emily de Jong Elhage.

Opponents say the strings attached to the debt restructuring actually give the Dutch more power over the island in the Netherlands Antilles known as a tax haven and host to a large Venezuelan-run oil refinery.

"Our terrible negotiators are offering that Holland can intervene in our justice and finances," said opposition leader Charles Cooper. "This is unacceptable." (Reporting by Irasi Jimenez; editing by Todd Eastham)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2009, 05:21:00 AM »

http://www.refineriadikorsou.com/history1.htm

More than 90 years ago an oil refinery was established on the island of Curaçao. This refinery changed the local economy and became one of its important economic pillars. In 1985 the government of Curaçao became the owner of the refinery. Since then the refinery is leased to Venezuela’s oil company PDVSA.

The beginning: Royal Dutch Shell
In 1915, Royal Dutch Shell decided to establish an oil refinery on Curaçao and installation were commissioned three years later. There were a number of geographic and political advantages to establishing a refinery on an island off the Venezuelan coast: the predicted market growth in the USA, the politically troubled Mexican oil production and the expected increase of traffic through the Panama Canal. A natural deepwater harbour and a stable political climate made Curaçao the obvious choice. Shell has been the largest employer on the island since 1918. Of the 44,344 inhabitants in 1929, 10,924 worked for the oil industry. This number peaked in 1952, with 12,631 employees. The refinery was an important source of fuel for allied forces in the Second World War. Economically, the refinery has been the mainstay of Curaçao since 1915: it generates currency necessary for vital imports and is thus crucial to the future economic development of the island. The refinery’s success is also its weak point. If, for some reason, this vital sector is threatened, the consequences for Curaçao are immediate and significant.

In the early years, both Shell and Exxon held drilling concessions in Venezuela, which ensured a constant supply of crude oil to the refineries in Aruba and Curaçao. Crude oil production in Venezuela was inexpensive. The integrated companies Shell and Exxon controlled the entire industry from pumping, transporting and refining to marketing the end product. The refineries on Aruba and Curaçao operated in global markets and were profitable partly because the margin between the production costs of crude oil and the revenues realized on products. This provided a safety net for losses incurred through inefficiency or excessive operating costs at the refineries. The nationalization of the oil industry in Venezuela in 1975 was a setback. The companies had to buy oil on the international markets at higher prices. As the Shell refinery on Curaçao was best equipped to process the Venezuelan heavy crude, the company was subject to Venezuelan oil politics when it came to price and supply. Coupled with high operating costs, these difficulties were the reasons the refinery on Curaçao continually operated at a loss.

Curaçao experienced an economic downturn in the early 1980s. Shell's refinery on Curaçao operated with significant losses from 1975 to 1979, and again from 1982 to 1985. Persistent losses, global over-production, tougher competition and low market expectations threatened the future of the Shell refinery in Curaçao. In 1985, after a presence of 70 years, Royal Dutch Shell decided to end its activities on Curaçao. Shell's announcement came at a crucial moment; the fragile economy of Curaçao had been stagnating for some time. Several revenue generating endeavours suffered even more during this period: tourism from Venezuela collapsed after the devaluation of the Bolivar, the transport industry deteriorated with deleterious effects on the profits of the Antillean Airline Company and the Curaçao Dry Dock Company experienced major setbacks. The offshore industry (financial services) also experienced a downturn because of radical new tax laws in the USA. Significant intervention in the public sector was required to reduce budget deficits. The future did not look promising: a macro-economic study predicted economic stagnation for several years even if Shell stayed and other industries experienced growth. It was more likely that the GDP would shrink by 20 percent, unemployment would rise to 35 percent and emigration would increase. It was clear that closure had to be avoided because the consequences could be disastrous.

Shell Curaçao approached the government with a proposal to continue exploiting the refinery as a joint venture subject to these four conditions:

A warranty of an extra supply of 50,000 barrels a day of Venezuelan heavy crude to optimize the capacity of the refinery.

Control wages and a limit on the number of employees.

Repealing the minimum tax of 16 million dollars a year, an amount paid to the government regardless of whether profits were made.

A two-thirds participation by the government in the refinery, which Shell regarded as vital to realizing the first three conditions.

The government was highly cooperative on the first three measures. The last measure, being a conditio sine qua non for Shell, was problematic. The government felt that there were too many risks involved and there were not enough funds available to participate in a financial venture of this magnitude.

After negotiations reached a deadlock, consultations were held between the governments of the Netherlands, Venezuela and the Netherlands Antilles. The Venezuelan government wanted to keep the Curaçao refinery open for geopolitical reasons by involving the Venezuelan state-owned oil company Petróleos de Venezuela S.A (PDVSA). This resulted in the transfer of all assets of Shell to the Island Territory of Curaçao and in a lease of the refinery and terminals to PDVSA, in the third quarter of 1985. The terminal in Caracasbaai, the Curaçao Oil terminal in Bullenbaai and the Schottegat refinery were transferred and consolidated in a Government entity Refineria di Korsou N.V. The assets and activities of the Shell Nederlandse Antillen Verkoopmaatschappij (SNAV), Shell's marketing company, which specialized in selling petrol, diesel and butane gas and supplying petrol and kerosene to aircraft and fuel to public utilities and ships, were transferred to Curoil N.V. Shell's tugboats were transferred to Kompania di Tou Korsou (KTK) and the Asfaltmeer became the property of Boeskabaai N.V. All shares of the above mentioned companies are owned by the Island Territory of Curaçao. Shell's assets were transferred to the various parties for a symbolic sum; in return, Shell was indemnified from environmental damage claims. The settlement with Shell and the lease of the refinery to PDVSA ended a turbulent period in the history of the island; an era marked by unrest.

Corporate Infomation

Herbert A. Mensche
Ara Hill Top Building
Pletterijweg 1
P.O. Box 3627
Telephone: (599-9) 461-1050
Telefax: (599-9) 461-3377
Email: info@refineriadikorsou.com

Copyright © 2009 - Refineria di Korsou N.V.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2009, 05:23:43 AM »

http://www.curacao-chamber.an/info/2b_1.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2009, 05:28:00 AM »

http://www.unitedinternationalpress.com/published-issues/curacao

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »

http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/news/ntl32626.htm

snip

Joint field development with Venezuela
Trinidad and Tobago has been in negotiations with Venezuela to develop and possibly combine the two countries' gas reserves in the Deltana region, located of the Paria Peninsula. These negotiations, however, have been placed on hold.

Pipelines
The Trinidad and Tobago government plans to build an undersea natural gas pipeline throughout the eastern Caribbean states. The proposed 600-mile pipeline would run north from Trinidad, connecting to other islands en route to the French island of Guadeloupe.
The pipeline would serve the islands Martinique, Guadeloupe, Barbados, Grenada, St Vincent, Grenadines, St Lucia and Dominica. There has also been discussion of potentially extending the pipeline to Florida.

LNG
Trinidad and Tobago is the largest LNG exporter to the United States. The Atlantic LNG Company of Trinidad and Tobago currently operates three LNG trains on the islands. The Atlantic plant is considered the largest single-train plant ever built, and the first LNG producer in the Latin America and Caribbean region.
The plant recently underwent a $ 1 bn expansion to triple its capacity from 3 mm to 9 mm tpy by adding a second and third train. Train 2 began operation in August 2002, while Train 3 came on line in April 2003. 62.5 % of the total output of Trains 2/3 is committed to the Spanish market. The remaining 37.5 % is sold in the US market, mainly in southeast, through the Elba Island Terminal and to Lake Charles. The Dominican Republic also imports LNG from Trinidad.

BP is building one of the world's largest offshore gas processing units, the Kapok platform, as part of a $ 600 mm project to supply gas to these additional trains. BPTT is also constructing a 30-mile long pipeline, the "Bombax". The pipeline will feed natural gas from Kapok to Atlantic LNG's Trains 2 and 3, and to the Atlas Methanol plant. The pipeline will be one of the world's largest, with a transport capacity 2 bn cfpd.
Partners of Train 1 are BP, BG, Repsol, Tractebel, and National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago (NGC). Partners of Train 2 and 3 are BP, BG and Repsol. Additional Trains
Negotiations for the construction of a fourth train, which, according to design plans, would raise Trinidad and Tobago's LNG production capacity to 13.8 mm tpy, are ongoing. The construction of the fourth train was originally scheduled to begin by the end of 2002 and come online at the end of 2005. The government has also indicated that it would be interested in constructing a fifth and sixth train.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2009, 10:54:45 AM »

http://www.offshore-mag.com/display_article/362323/9/ONART/none/GEOGE/1/SCAN-fleet-in-demand-off-Latin-America/

SCAN fleet in demand off Latin America

Offshore staff

OSLO -- SCAN Geophysical has provided an update of the activities of its seismic acquisition fleet. So far this year, the company's three vessels have worked mainly for national oil companies in the South America region.

Some of the projects involved studies concerning the limits of the outer continental shelf, the results of which had to be submitted to the UN under the Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) program.

In February, SCAN's M/V Geo Searcher completed a 2,900-km (1,802-mi), 2D survey off Argentina for GX Technology, a subsidiary of ION Geophysical. Thereafter, it transferred to Chilean waters to conduct a 4,400-km (2,734-mi) 2D survey for the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which finished in April.

Early this month, the vessel started a 2,500-km (1,553-mi) 2D survey for Petrobras in the Caribbean region. Work should be completed by mid-June.

The M/V SCAN Resolution began acquiring a 2,800-sq km (1,081-sq mi) 3D survey last November for PDVSA, under the Dragon Norte program. The work should conclude on schedule by early July.

Finally, the M/V SCAN Stigandi acquired 10,000 km (6,214 mi) of 2D seismic for Petroecuador affiliate Petroproduccion between mid-January and mid-April. It is currently on station in block z-34 off northern Peru, finishing a 2,000-km (1,243-mi) 2D survey for Gold Oil Peru SAC.

The vessel will then enter drydock for class regulatory inspection of its propeller shaft and bearings.

05/15/2009

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2009, 11:02:45 AM »

http://www.offshore-mag.com/display_article/362323/9/ONART/none/GEOGE/1/SCAN-fleet-in-demand-off-Latin-America/

SCAN fleet in demand off Latin America

Offshore staff

OSLO -- SCAN Geophysical has provided an update of the activities of its seismic acquisition fleet. So far this year, the company's three vessels have worked mainly for national oil companies in the South America region.

Some of the projects involved studies concerning the limits of the outer continental shelf, the results of which had to be submitted to the UN under the Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) program.

In February, SCAN's M/V Geo Searcher completed a 2,900-km (1,802-mi), 2D survey off Argentina for GX Technology, a subsidiary of ION Geophysical. Thereafter, it transferred to Chilean waters to conduct a 4,400-km (2,734-mi) 2D survey for the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which finished in April.

Early this month, the vessel started a 2,500-km (1,553-mi) 2D survey for Petrobras in the Caribbean region. Work should be completed by mid-June.

The M/V SCAN Resolution began acquiring a 2,800-sq km (1,081-sq mi) 3D survey last November for PDVSA, under the Dragon Norte program. The work should conclude on schedule by early July.

Finally, the M/V SCAN Stigandi acquired 10,000 km (6,214 mi) of 2D seismic for Petroecuador affiliate Petroproduccion between mid-January and mid-April. It is currently on station in block z-34 off northern Peru, finishing a 2,000-km (1,243-mi) 2D survey for Gold Oil Peru SAC.

The vessel will then enter drydock for class regulatory inspection of its propeller shaft and bearings.

05/15/2009

Here's the link to Scan's Website

http://www.scangeo.com/media.html

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2009, 11:03:49 AM »

Good Morning TM! 

In God We Trust!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2009, 11:27:48 AM »

Good Morning TM! 

Good morning Hotping!   

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2009, 12:50:08 PM »

Marcon is pleased to announce the long term charter of the dive support vessel "Ocean Veritas" (ex-Seabulk Veritas). The U.S. flag vessel is 195' x 40' x 17' depth, an ex-supply boat which Marcon sold into the oilfield from fisheries during the last run up in the offshore market in the mid 1990's when she was converted to geophysical research. (I think we also may have sold her out of the "oil patch" in the late 80's). The vessel was recently outfitted to accommodate a dive support service by her current Owner. She is classed ABS +A1, now fitted with a 4-point mooring system and working in dive support service in the Gulf of Mexico on a long term contract under private terms. The vessel was originally built in 1974 by Halter Marine, USA as the "Jean Lafitte" for Euro-Pirates International, Inc. She is now powered by a pair of CAT3606TA's which replaced her original MWM's. Marcon acted as the sole broker in the transaction and has handled a number of previous transactions for both the Owner and Charterer.

http://www.marcon.com/marcon2c.cfm?SectionListsID=31&PageID=1409

Article from '07 but found it interesting....

Interesting link...If you look at the dates of the pictures it's Feb 10th 2008?
http://stabbertmaritime.com/commercial_vessels/pdfs/Ocean_Veritas.pdf

Can two ships have the same name?Looks like the same ship to me...Anybody else..Was the Ship sold,bought,Chartered,or!Does Schaefer even own that ship??

R/V Ocean Veritas
http://www.stabbertmaritime.com/commercial_vessels/ocean_veritas.html

Ocean Veritas
http://www.legacyoffshore.com/data/Ocean%20Veritas.pdf

Here's alittle more info on the Ocean Veritas

Vessel Ocean Veritas
Name Registered/Owner Ocean Veritas Holding LLC

http://www.boatinfoworld.com/search.asp?type=bn

Business Name Address City, State Phone Possible Owners/
Officers/Agents Associated Businesses   
1.  OCEAN VERITAS HOLDING LLC
 Seattle, WA 
 HAUGEN, GARY M
(AGENT)
Associated Buinesses
 AMERICAN WEST STEAMBOAT COMPANY LLC
SEAPAC INSURANCE MANAGERS
NOB LLC
ROUNDUP FUNDING LLC
ROUNDUP FUNDING LLC
SEATTLE DIVING CORPORATION
SEATTLE DIVING CORPORATION
CNA APARTMENTS LLC
CNA APARTMENTS LLC
URBAN FORMS DESIGN CENTER LLC
A UN INTERNATIONAL LLC
EDMONDS PARK ASSOCIATES LLC
KENNETH ASSOCIATES LLC
KENNETH ASSOCIATES LLC
MWM REALTY LLC
MWM REALTY LLC
STRATEGIC FUNDING PARTNERS LLC
THE ANGELINA LLC
THE ANGELINA LLC View Details 
2.  OCEAN VERITAS HOLDING, LLC
 Seattle, WA
 HAUGEN, GARY M
(REGISTERED AGENT)
Associated Businesses
ISLAND TUG AND BARGE CO
STABBERT & ASSOCIATES, INCORPORATED
INFLATABLE BOAT WORKS INC
LEGACY VESSEL HOLDING, INC
SMY&S, INC

www.privateeye.com

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2009, 01:40:37 PM »

Trade Organizations in Aruba

http://www.arubachamber.com/professional.htm

Aruban Association of Aruban Engineers and Architects
Abbreviated name: ADIAA
Founded: 1983
No. of members: 14
Objectives: to promote the independent performance of consulting professions in the architectural and technical fields, to promote high quality Aruban executive in these fields.
Main Activities: to organize independent architects and consulting engineers in a professional organization in order to promote knowledge and quality in the construction sector in Aruba. The association maintains a register of the architects and engineers.
President of the Board: Leo Ponson
Secretary of the Board: Carlos Profeet
Address: Cuquisastraat 30-B, Oranjestad
Phone: (297) 582-5677
Fax: (297) 583-2574
E-mail: inarch@hotmail.com 

I wonder if Silvetti is now a member...

In God We Trust!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2009, 02:33:36 PM »

You all are doing great tonight. Love it.  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

I know we usually focus on Aruba but I wonder what this is.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56673.php

States meeting behind closed doors regarding ‘oil contracts’
15 Mei, 2009, 14:43 (GMT -04:00)

WILLEMSTAD — The States will gather for a meeting with the minister-president to discuss the agreements signed by the government concerning perusal of geological research data in the territorial waters of the Netherlands Antilles. It is not often, that the States hold ‘general meetings behind closed doors’.

The decision for the meeting next Tuesday was made during a public meeting on May 5. This meeting was requested by the MAN-fraction, as they demand clarity on the three contracts, which the Land entered into in connection with the search for oil in the Antillean territorial waters. These contracts are related to the exchange of data with the companies involved. The names were defaced in the documents received by the State members.
Premier Emily de Jongh-Elhage stated during the meeting that she was prepared to announce these names to the States, but only during a closed meeting. The parties reached an agreement and this closed meeting is now scheduled for next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you SuzieQ
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »

BROWN ROGER A

History
Company   Position   Address   Business
ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP   DIRECTOR
MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC   DIRECTOR         
SMITH INTERNATIONAL INC   PRESIDENT, SMITH TECHNOLOGIES      
http://www.implu.com/person/45088

McDermott makes board changes
At it's recent annual meeting, McDermott International made changes to the company board of directors.
The company's nominees for election as Class I directors to serve a one-year term were Roger A. Brown, John A. Fees, and Oliver D. Kingsley, Jr., and nominees for Class II Directors to serve a one-year term were D. Bradley McWilliams, Richard W. Mies, and Thomas C. Schievelbein.
http://finance.mpr.org/1/?ChannelID=5272&Page=CHANNELINFO

FOUNDERS OF OFFSHORE ENENERGY CENTER COMPANY
Smith International
j ray mcdermott

http://tinyurl.com/r5ptf3
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »

Baker Hughes Incorporated, Houston TX United States
Baker Hughes Incorporated (Baker Hughes) is engaged in the oilfield services industry. The Company is a supplier of products, and technology services and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry, including products and services for drilling, formation ...
http://www.linkednow.com/company/fieldsearch?request.country=United%20States&request.city=TX

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2009, 03:02:37 PM »

Kermit..I also found somethin in regards to a Brown & Root in Venezuela..Believe they are a subsidiary or something.Will have to search again!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »

Kermit..I also found somethin in regards to a Brown & Root in Venezuela..Believe they are a subsidiary or something.Will have to search again!

Okay thank you.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2009, 08:38:42 AM »

I think this is very interesting.

Why, oh why would they feel the need to keep those company names such a big secret?

I wonder if we have goten too close to the TRUTH- and between them they decided to try and keep things hush hush?

Doing so would certainly be in the best interests of the States and of those who signed contracts.  Especially in light of the "geological research data" that was obtained.......................somehow - possibly at the expense of bringing Natalee's family some answers.   

You all are doing great tonight. Love it.  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

I know we usually focus on Aruba but I wonder what this is.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56673.php

States meeting behind closed doors regarding ‘oil contracts’
15 Mei, 2009, 14:43 (GMT -04:00)

WILLEMSTAD — The States will gather for a meeting with the minister-president to discuss the agreements signed by the government concerning perusal of geological research data in the territorial waters of the Netherlands Antilles. It is not often, that the States hold ‘general meetings behind closed doors’.

The decision for the meeting next Tuesday was made during a public meeting on May 5. This meeting was requested by the MAN-fraction, as they demand clarity on the three contracts, which the Land entered into in connection with the search for oil in the Antillean territorial waters. These contracts are related to the exchange of data with the companies involved. The names were defaced in the documents received by the State members.

Premier Emily de Jongh-Elhage stated during the meeting that she was prepared to announce these names to the States, but only during a closed meeting. The parties reached an agreement and this closed meeting is now scheduled for next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you SuzieQ
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2009, 10:14:14 AM »

My thinking on this, of course, was that it was Persistence who collected that geological data.

That appears to be, at least partially, incorrect.

But...............the suggestion to focus on "studies that focus on the presence of oil-bearing sand in the waters of the Leeward Islands" instead of the area U of Texas surveyed sounds potentially possible for what Persistence did.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_45474.php

Curacao + University of Texas + seismologic study
 geological study on oil and natural gas in the Antillean waters.
Saba-bank
Simon Mitchell

Continue the study on the presence of oil
7 Aug, 2008, 17:44 (GMT -04:00)

WILLEMSTAD – Upon request of Prime Minister Emily de Jong-Elhage (PAR), Parliament will meet next week at 14:00 for a Central Committee meeting to discuss the geological study on oil and natural gas in the Antillean waters. The recent results of a study and advices on this will be presented to Parliament during this meeting.
It was Prime Minister De Jongh-Elhage mentioned the recent study during the weekly press conference of the minister council. She also said that she will soon discuss the results of this with Parliament. These are the results of a seismologic study conducted by the University of Texas. These results are meanwhile analyzed by the expert Simon Mitchell.

According to Chairman of Parliament, Pedro Atacho (PAR), Mitchell has given the government a series of recommendations, in which he suggests that the National Government must not take part in the second part of the seismologic research, because these would be too expensive. The estimated costs are 180.00 dollars. Mitchell is of the opinion that the Antilles must focus specifically on studies that focus on the presence of oil-bearing sand in the waters of the Leeward Islands.The advice was also submitted to Clark Gomes Casseres, chairman of the Economic Development Foundation. He doesn’t agree with Mitchell’s advices though. Atacho says that Gomes Casseres points out that Mitchell has not considered the fact that the second phase of the study will also make a special study of the Saba-bank.
Gomes Casseres is also of the opinion that Mitchell has too little consideration for the fact that further study will keep focus attention on the Antilles for potential companies that would like to drill for oil in the Antillean waters.

UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS

PETROLEUM POTENTIAL OF SOUTHERN HISPANIOLA
P. Mann* S. R. Lawrence**
 *Institute for Geophysics. University of Exas at Austin, 8701 Mopac Blvd., Austin, Texas, USA 78759  **Quad Consulting Ltd., Meadowbank, Bourne End, Bucks, SL8 5AJ, UK
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119991803/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

Anomalous reflections in marine seismic reflection data from continental slopes are often correlated with the base of gas hydrated sedimentary rocks. Examination of University of Texas Marine Science Institute reflection data
http://search.datapages.com/data/doi/10.1306/2F91890A-16CE-11D7-8645000102C1865D

Simon Mitchell

Classes listed he teaches
©2007 The University of the West Indies
http://www.javajam.org.jm/geoggeol/Staff/Mitchell/SFMCoursesFrame.html

The University of the West Indies

St. Augustine , Trinidad

http://www.sta.uwi.edu/staff/default.asp

Professor Simon Mitchell, University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica
http://www.pcj.com/Jamaica%20Second%20Announcement.htm

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »

With all of the above, keep in mind:

TIM TRAHAN'S SPECIALITIES

Current
Business Development at Technical Automation Services
Owner at Trahan Financial
Part Owner at H2OTours
Tim Trahan’s Interests:
Scuba Diving, Olympic Weightlifting, Business, Travel, Fishing, Underwater Expeditions, Golf

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/0/a71/5ab

CLICK ON SECOND MY WEBSITE

GETS YOU

http://www.h2otours.net/

CLICK ON DESTINATIONS

GETS YOU

http://www.h2otours.net/destinations.htm

DOES TRIPS TO CURACAO
http://www.h2otours.net/curacao.htm

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.