March 18, 2024, 09:00:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OIL & GAS PIPELINE INFO  (Read 803530 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #280 on: May 21, 2009, 08:04:34 PM »

http://www.ig.utexas.edu/research/projects/cbth/newsletters/CBTH2009_05_11.pdf

Meet our Company Contacts
The following people have volunteered to serve as our main
contacts for CBTH. All data generated by CBTH is provided
to the sponsoring companies through these individuals. Please
let us know if your company representative changes during this
study. We greatly appreciate all the extra efforts by the
contacts for the CBTH project!

BHP Billiton Petroleum, Inc.
Karen Tindale
karen.tindale@bhpbilliton.com
Houston, Texas

British Gas T&T Limited
Stephen Babb
steve.babb@bg-group.com
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad

Chevron
Richard Parrish
rparrish@chevron.com
Houston, Texas

Ecopetrol
Roberto Hernandez
Roberto.Hernandez@
ecopetrol.com.co
Bogota, Colombia

ExxonMobil
Exploration
Company
Pinar Yilmaz
pinar.o.yilmaz@exxonmobil.com
Houston, Texas

Newfield Exploration
Bruno Maldonado
bmaldonado@newfld.com
Houston, Texas

Petrobrás
Alice Aragão
alicearagao@petrobras.com.br
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

PDVSA
Miguel Nuñez
nunezmf@pdvsa.com
Puerto la Cruz, Venezuela

Repsol
Raul Giraudo
rgiraudo@repsolypf.com
The Woodlands, Texas

Shell
Fernando Sanchez-Ferrer
f.sanchez-ferrer@shell.com
Houston, Texas

StatoilHydro
Frode Liestøl
frli@statoilhydro.com
Oslo, Norway

CBTH Software Support
Landmark Graphics
Bill Agee
bagee@lgc.com
Landmark Graphics is kindly providing our interpretative
software.

IVS3D
Bill McKernan
bmkernan@ivs3d.com
We also use an exciting visualization package called
Fledermaus from IVS3D.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: May 21, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »

Lots of links here:

http://www.ig.utexas.edu/research/projects/caribbean/carib.links.htm

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »

I wonder if a sponsor could be in the way of an internship program?

I wonder if Jacob furthered his education, like uncle John said he should, thru this university?

http://www.bloomu.edu/media/magazine/Bloomsburg_Winter09.pdf

Whether searching deep waters for a vanished 18-year-old, enriching the lives of some big
cats or promoting a Class AAA baseball team, internships and cooperative assignments often take Bloomsburg University students into the realm of the unexpected. Students Jacob Lex, Erin Loughlin and Travis Behler recently participated in experiential assignments that allowed them to handle unique job responsibilities.

Jacob Lex

Jacob Lex, a junior electronics engineering technology major, found himself involved in a high-profile missing person case as part of his co-op with Alternative Positioning Solutions (APS) of Lafayette, La. The company, owned by Lex’s uncle, is a navigation, positioning
and sonar services firm with responsibility for the Gulf of Mexico and all territorial U.S. waters.

During his eight months on-site,Lex worked in Aruba searching unsuccessfully for the remains of Natalee Holloway, an Alabama teenager who disappeared in May 2005. The crew aboard the R/V Persistence—APS’s flagship boat—worked 18-hour days making sonar runs to identify all of the materials that don’t naturally appear on the seafloor, including possible human skeletal remains and pieces of clothing. Lex was responsible for running the ship’s computer equipment. Despite long hours and intense effort, the search came up empty.

When the work in Aruba was complete, Lex’s next assignment centered on mapping the seafloor in the Gulf of Mexico. The days and weeks were long, he says, but he bonded with other members of the crew.

“Nothing is predictable when you’re out at sea, but coming together to fix things or find solutions made us closer.” Lex says. “It’s like a brotherhood.”

Following the completion of his co-op, APS offered Lex a future position as a geophysicist, which would require additional schooling beyond his Bloomsburg degree.

“I always work hard in whatever I do, but I really took advantage of my time with APS,” Lex says. “I liked the work and learned as much as I could as quickly as I could. I think this experience will pay off.”

http://www.ig.utexas.edu/research/projects/cbth/documents/CBTHPhaseII_proposal.pdf

Proposal from the
Institute for Geophysics, Jackson School of Geosciences, The University of Texas at Austin
(UTIG)
Caribbean Basins, Tectonics, and Hydrocarbons (CBTH):
Industry Consortium for Regional Study of Depositional Systems,
Basinal Structure, and Hydrocarbon Potential in the Caribbean Region
(Phase II)
www.ig.utexas.edu/research/projects/cbth
Submitted by:
Dr. Paul Mann, Senior Research Scientist
Institute for Geophysics, The University of Texas at Austin
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
10100 Burnet Rd, Bldg. 196 (ROC), R2200
Austin, TX 78758
Phone: 1-512-471-0452; Email: paulm@ig.utexas.edu
Web: http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/paulm/

Project goals. The main goal of the CBTH proposal (Phase II – September, 2008 –
August, 2011) is to expand the CBTH Phase I study area of northern South America
(September, 2005 – August, 2008) in order to provide the sponsors with an integrated, digital
synthesis of the entire Caribbean region, which includes 31 different countries and their
maritime zones (Figure 1). Additional areas to study will include Central America, the
northern Caribbean, southern Mexico and the southern Gulf of Mexico.
The database and
research results from Phase I will be integrated into the Phase II results. We will continue to
be active in the Phase I area including database development and research projects including
subsurface mapping, sandstone provenance study, and basin modeling.

Project management of CBTH Phase II. CBTH Phase II will be run from two
separate universities: The University of Texas at Austin (P. Mann, co-PI) and as a
subcontractor the International Research Institute of Stavanger, Norway (A. Escalona, co-PI).

A. Escalona is a co-PI of Phase I and has been a major contributor to the sponsor products of
Phase I. He will continue in his co-PI role for Phase II in his new position as a professor at
the International Research Institute of Stavanger. As at the University of Texas, the Norway
group will use CBTH sponsor funds to employ scientists, post-doctoral researchers, graduate
students, and undergraduate students to accomplish the goals of the study.

Data sources and products for CBTH Phase II. As for Phase I, data sources for
Phase II include 2D seismic data transects acquired by UTIG, previous publications on the
region, and data donated by the sponsoring companies. The study will use seismic
interpretation and well correlation over the entire region to produce a series of structural,
isopach and paleogeographic maps. Deliverables will include a series of structural and
stratigraphic maps ranging from the top of acoustic basement to key tectonosequences
bounded by regional unconformities, and uninterpreted and interpreted paper and digital
seismic data owned by UTIG. All results will be integrated into a user-friendly GIS-HTML
database and as a large format hardcopy atlas.

Deliverables for CBTH Phase II. The deliverables for each year of the project from
2008 to 2011 include the following:

Year One (2008-2009): Basemaps displaying all available seismic and well data.
Regional structural maps of the main tectonosequences in the region and interpreted UTIG,
GULFREX and other types of available seismic lines. Integration of new subsurface data into
existing maps. Compilation of necessary data and preparation of key 2D sections for basin
modeling. Preliminary results on the sandstone provenance study and gravity modeling.
Complete digital GIS database of all previously published onland and subsurface data and
bibliographic database for the region. Year-end research seminar for sponsors held at UT in
September, 2009.

Year Two (2009-2010): Construction of cross sections and maps showing the main
depositional settings and structural controls for the different tectonosequences. A special
report on the integration of basin modeling results and the regional database will be provided
to sponsors. A preliminary written and digital atlas and report will be provided and a sponsor's
meeting will be organized in September, 2010, to discuss results and to seek feed back from
sponsors for the coming year.

Year Three (2010-2011): Synthesis of all data used in the project, compilation into
the database and construction of the final atlas-report that summarizes all the information.
One of the main goals is to validate a consistent plate tectonic model, paleogeographic
evolution and petroleum systems of the region. This report will include new constraints from
the basin modeling studies. A final project meeting held at UT in September, 2011, will
convey research results to sponsors.

Special projects for CBTH Phase II. Our work is largely driven by the data that is
made available to us through the efforts, generosity, and specific needs of our sponsors. We
currently have several companies interested in the Trinidad and Tobago region of the
southeastern Caribbean but we are also anticipating more sponsors to join the project with
interests in the northern Lesser Antilles, Central America, the Greater Antilles, the southern
Gulf of Mexico, and Mexico. Given the large interest group in the southeastern Caribbean
region, we propose the following thematic studies in this area (pending availability of data
from the sponsors):

1) Northern South America sandstone provenance study: We are beginning a
multi-year study of the quality and provenance of reservoir rocks along the South American
margin from western Venezuela to Trinidad and Barbados. While this project is starting in
Year 3 of Phase I, it will continue for all three years of Phase II. We are currently collecting
sample material in the field and from our sponsors (Figure 2).

2) Incorporating new deep-penetration seismic reflection images: We are
currently seeking access to new seismic data that will be collected by the Norwegian company
Wavefield Inseis in the Trinidad and Barbados areas in 2008. The preliminary locations of the
proposed lines are shown in Figure 3 (pending financial commitments from interested
companies). We cannot provide the original and intellectual property from the data will be
provided only to those companies that supported the acquisition program of Wavefield.
However, the new data will be available for future purchase by those sponsors that did not
participate in the original Wavefield program. Further information needs to be obtained
directly from Wavefield.

3) Tectonics and sedimentation in the Gulf of Paria and onland Trinidad. We
are seeking to acquire deep penetration seismic data and well data from the Gulf of Paria from
our sponsors to update our older study of the area (Babb and Mann, 1999). We also seek
onland seismic data from Trinidad to better integrate the offshore and onshore geology. A
particular focus is to improve imaging and interpretation of the geology beneath the middle
Miocene unconformity.

4) Structure and stratigraphy of the Tobago-Barbados ridge. The recent oil
discovery on Barbados, with compositions similar to the Late Cretaceous La Luna Formation
of mainland South America 400 km to the south, has raised the question of possible
continuous stratigraphic links between the two widely separated and tectonically distinct
areas. We have used satellite gravity and older seismic data to better map the Tobago-
Barbados ridge (TBR). We have also incorporated the results of several previous studies that
had access to more extensive industry seismic data sets tied to well data. We are in the
process of correlating all the wells we have available to the existing seismic data. We are
planning to integrate gravity modeling to better understand the basement and will attempt to
incorporate more recent, higher resolution seismic data from the sponsors.

5) Basin modeling of deep basins around Trinidad. We seek deep penetration
seismic and well data from the deep water areas of Trinidad to be used in a pilot basin
modeling study using the International Research Institute of Stavanger BMT basin modeling
software. The majority of this study will take place at the International Research Institute of
Stavanger. Over the past two years we have improved our mapping of the Phase I area and
are ready to embark in modeling of basin subsidence, deformation, heat flow, and sediment
maturity. These data would be useful for evaluating the deeper water offshore potential of the
region.

Cost of CBTH Phase II for existing sponsors of Phase I. Due to the greatly enlarged
study area and increase in products provided to the sponsors, the cost of CBTH Phase II will
be $60,000 US per year per sponsor for three years ($180,000) based on our present
sponsorship of 10 companies. As was for Phase I, a three year financial commitment is
needed from all sponsors with annual, $60,000 US payments due by August 15 for each year
starting with year one in September, 2008. If payments are not received by August 31, 2008,
we will consider these companies “late buy-ins” who will be charged 150% of the annual
$60,000 US rate.

Cost of CBTH Phase II for companies who were not sponsors of Phase I.
Companies interested in Phase II but who did not participate in Phase I would be charged
$360,000 ($120,000 for Phase I plus $60,000 in late fees plus $180,000 for Phase II). In
exchange for these higher fees, late buy-ins will receive all materials given to Phase I
participants, including the hard copy atlases and access to the database developed during this
three year period.

Figure 1. Phase I area shown outlined in yellow. Phase II area shown outlined in red, includes the
Phase I area.
Figure 2. Location of major onland outcrops of Paleogene fluvial and deltaic sandstones.
Figure 3. Proposed seismic tracks for acquisition by Wavefield Inseis.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56960.php

Google translation:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2009, 05:52:51 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56934.php

Aruba

WEB: oil up 33 per cent

May 22, 2009, 15:51 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The Water and Power (WEB) wants its users to highlight the alarming rise in fuel prices on the world of the last Monday Since April 1 the price of fuel oil 38.80 dollar rose almost 13 dollars to 51.75 dollars. An increase of 33 percent. When exactly this will impact on the rates of water and power, has not yet WEB. However, the utility of the measures it has already taken to reduce fuel oil consumption, such as the new water system, fuel-efficient turbines and the construction of a windmill.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2009, 04:11:14 AM »

Karen Tindale
Houston, Texas

British Gas T&T Limited
Stephen Babb
steve.babb@bg-group.com
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad

Chevron
Richard Parrish
rparrish@chevron.com
Houston, Texas

Ecopetrol
Roberto Hernandez
Roberto.Hernandez@
ecopetrol.com.co
Bogota, Colombia

ExxonMobil
Exploration
Company
Pinar Yilmaz
Houston, Texas

Newfield Exploration
Bruno Maldonado
bmaldonado@newfld.com
Houston, Texas

snip

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Undersea+Contractor+Comes+In+While+The+Water's+Fine-a01611419593

Undersea Contractor Comes In While The Water's Fine

Link to this page
<a href="http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Undersea+Contractor+Comes+In+While+The+Water's+Fine-a01611419593">Undersea Contractor Comes In While The Water's Fine</a>

Superior Offshore International

Lafayette, La.

(337) 233-5933

superioroffshore.com

Lead underwriters:

Merrill Lynch Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MER TYO: 8675 ), through its subsidiaries and affiliates, provides capital markets services, investment banking and advisory services, wealth management, asset management, insurance, banking and related products and services on a global basis.  and JPMorgan

Offering price: $14-$16

Expected date: week of April 16

Ticker: DEEP

THE BUZZ

In the aftermarket, energy stocks have been rising to the top like oil in water.

The strongest players are solar, but more traditional businesses have followed close behind. One such is Cal Dive International DVR (1) (Digital Video Recorder) A device that records video onto a hard disk from one or more ceiling mounted video cameras. Part of a security system, the DVR typically supports 4, 8 or 16 separate camera channels. , which recently took off after a JPMorgan analyst issued a bullish upgrade.

It may not be a coincidence that Morgan is also underwriting Superior Offshore International's initial public offering because the two companies are quite similar. Both provide undersea construction and diving services for offshore oil drillers, mainly in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico Noun 1. Gulf of Mexico - an arm of the Atlantic to the south of the United States and to the east of Mexico
Golfo de Mexico

The coastal Gulf provides a decent living, especially with all the reconstruction going on after two big hurricanes. But it's an old market, and much depends on a company's ability to expand beyond it.

"I think one thing that sets the company apart is that they're expanding into deeper water, which is growing faster than shallower areas," said Nicholas Einhorn, analyst with Renaissance Capital Renaissance Capital is a major investment bank concentrating on Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). Renaissance Capital is wholly owned by management and employees. Major lines of business are: sales and trading, investment banking and asset management. . According to according to
prep.
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.

2. In keeping with: according to instructions.

3.  Douglas-Westwood, deep-water capital spending capital spending

Spending for long-term assets such as factories, equipment, machinery, and buildings that permits the production of more goods and services in future years.  grew 19.2% a year between 2002 and 2005, compared to 10.8% for offshore spending as a whole.

Superior is also trying to move into more distant waters. In December, it bought the undersea construction unit of a firm based in South Africa South Africa, Afrikaans Suid-Afrika, officially Republic of South Africa, republic (2005 est. pop. 44,344,000), 471,442 sq mi (1,221,037 sq km), S Africa. .

THE COMPANY

Superior's origins date back to 1970, when diver Louis Schaeffer started up his own business. The current incarnation was incorporated in 1986.

During most of this history, the company was quite small. As recently as two years ago, it had only two ships Two Ships is a single by the folk duet, The Sallyangie, released in 1969. Track listing

"Two Ships" - (3:16)
"Colours Of The World" - (2:28)
 and 60 divers. Since then Superior has bulked up to nine ships and 665 employees.

The company's ships come in two types. The five four-point vessels use four anchors to stay in place while the divers work, and are best for shallow water. The other four vessels use satellite and other technologies to hold a position without anchors, and are better for deep or turbulent water and for night work. Another ship in this category is in the works, and should launch in the second half of 2008.

Superior also has been equipping itself for deeper waters by buying three remote-operated vehicles. These robotic devices can work in depths greater than 1,000 feet, which are too dangerous for human divers.

The firm currently has relationships with about 150 customers with Newfield Exploration NFX (stock symbol)
Williams WMB providing the largest shares of revenue.

RISKS/CHALLENGES

Energy is ever a cyclical business and like all players, Superior is at the mercy of the price of oil. It also can be harmed by bad weather and by accidents. One such accident in fact happened in August, causing one of Superior's ships to go out of commission for months.

The moves into deeper waters and into non-Gulf markets are still in very early stages. The company still has to execute its plans in order to keep the business growing.

Superior competes with a number of other companies, including Cal Dive. Companies get contracts through a competitive bid process, and in busy times much depends on the availability of equipment and staff. Superior must continue to attract skilled workers and make reliable gear.

Superior's industry is fairly heavily regulated. Among other rules, the Jones Act restricts the movements of domestic ships, and also limits the hiring of foreign workers. The firm will also limit foreign stock ownership.

Despite the long customer list, the top four accounts amount to 46% of revenue. The loss of any one of them would have a notable impact on income.

Post-hurricane repair work has pumped up Superior's financials and probably will make for tough comparisons in future quarters.

THE RESULTS

The sharp ramp-up in the last couple years shows in Superior's numbers. Revenue in 2006 almost tripled to $243 million, while net income grew at an even faster pace to $3.27 a share. However, preliminary first-quarter results show the mercurial mercurial /mer·cu·ri·al/ (mer-kur´e-il)
1. pertaining to mercury.

2. a preparation containing mercury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USE OF PROCEEDS

Superior expects to net about $119.4 million from the sale of 8.7million shares. It will use $51 million to pay debts, $17.3 million for capital expenditures, and $28 million to pay a special dividend to existing shareholders.

THE MANAGEMENT

Louis Schaefer

Chairman

Founded the company's predecessor, Schaefer Diving, and headed it from 1970 to 1984. For the next 10 years he worked for other companies, including Cal Dive, before becoming chief executive of Superior in 1994. In August, he moved to his current position.

James Mermis

President, chief executive and director

Joined in March 2005 and was promoted the following year. Before that he held managerial positions at Torch Offshore, Stolt Comex Seaway and Subsea Subsea is a general term frequently used to refer to equipment, technology, and methods employed to explore, drill, and develop oil and gas fields that exist below the ocean floors. This may be in "shallow" or "deepwater".  International.

Patrice Chemin

Chief operating officer Chief Operating Officer (COO)

The officer of a firm responsible for day-to-day management, usually the president or an executive vice-president. 

He's slated to join up in May after spending six years at Consolidated Contractors, where he is the current U.S. representative. He also has been president of Carmel Contracting since it was formed three years ago. He was president of Torch Offshore from 1997 to 2000.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2009, 04:13:02 AM »

Karen Tindale
Houston, Texas

British Gas T&T Limited
Stephen Babb
steve.babb@bg-group.com
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad

Chevron
Richard Parrish
rparrish@chevron.com
Houston, Texas

Ecopetrol
Roberto Hernandez
Roberto.Hernandez@
ecopetrol.com.co
Bogota, Colombia

ExxonMobil
Exploration
Company
Pinar Yilmaz
Houston, Texas

Newfield Exploration
Bruno Maldonado
bmaldonado@newfld.com
Houston, Texas

snip

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Undersea+Contractor+Comes+In+While+The+Water's+Fine-a01611419593

Undersea Contractor Comes In While The Water's Fine

Link to this page
<a href="http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Undersea+Contractor+Comes+In+While+The+Water's+Fine-a01611419593">Undersea Contractor Comes In While The Water's Fine</a>

Superior Offshore International

Lafayette, La.

(337) 233-5933

superioroffshore.com

Lead underwriters:

Merrill Lynch Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MER TYO: 8675 ), through its subsidiaries and affiliates, provides capital markets services, investment banking and advisory services, wealth management, asset management, insurance, banking and related products and services on a global basis.  and JPMorgan

Offering price: $14-$16

Expected date: week of April 16

Ticker: DEEP

THE BUZZ

In the aftermarket, energy stocks have been rising to the top like oil in water.

The strongest players are solar, but more traditional businesses have followed close behind. One such is Cal Dive International DVR (1) (Digital Video Recorder) A device that records video onto a hard disk from one or more ceiling mounted video cameras. Part of a security system, the DVR typically supports 4, 8 or 16 separate camera channels. , which recently took off after a JPMorgan analyst issued a bullish upgrade.

It may not be a coincidence that Morgan is also underwriting Superior Offshore International's initial public offering because the two companies are quite similar. Both provide undersea construction and diving services for offshore oil drillers, mainly in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico Noun 1. Gulf of Mexico - an arm of the Atlantic to the south of the United States and to the east of Mexico
Golfo de Mexico

The coastal Gulf provides a decent living, especially with all the reconstruction going on after two big hurricanes. But it's an old market, and much depends on a company's ability to expand beyond it.

"I think one thing that sets the company apart is that they're expanding into deeper water, which is growing faster than shallower areas," said Nicholas Einhorn, analyst with Renaissance Capital Renaissance Capital is a major investment bank concentrating on Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). Renaissance Capital is wholly owned by management and employees. Major lines of business are: sales and trading, investment banking and asset management. . According to according to
prep.
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.

2. In keeping with: according to instructions.

3.  Douglas-Westwood, deep-water capital spending capital spending

Spending for long-term assets such as factories, equipment, machinery, and buildings that permits the production of more goods and services in future years.  grew 19.2% a year between 2002 and 2005, compared to 10.8% for offshore spending as a whole.

Superior is also trying to move into more distant waters. In December, it bought the undersea construction unit of a firm based in South Africa South Africa, Afrikaans Suid-Afrika, officially Republic of South Africa, republic (2005 est. pop. 44,344,000), 471,442 sq mi (1,221,037 sq km), S Africa. .

THE COMPANY

Superior's origins date back to 1970, when diver Louis Schaeffer started up his own business. The current incarnation was incorporated in 1986.

During most of this history, the company was quite small. As recently as two years ago, it had only two ships Two Ships is a single by the folk duet, The Sallyangie, released in 1969. Track listing

"Two Ships" - (3:16)
"Colours Of The World" - (2:28)
 and 60 divers. Since then Superior has bulked up to nine ships and 665 employees.

The company's ships come in two types. The five four-point vessels use four anchors to stay in place while the divers work, and are best for shallow water. The other four vessels use satellite and other technologies to hold a position without anchors, and are better for deep or turbulent water and for night work. Another ship in this category is in the works, and should launch in the second half of 2008.

Superior also has been equipping itself for deeper waters by buying three remote-operated vehicles. These robotic devices can work in depths greater than 1,000 feet, which are too dangerous for human divers.

The firm currently has relationships with about 150 customers with Newfield Exploration NFX (stock symbol)
Williams WMB providing the largest shares of revenue.

RISKS/CHALLENGES

Energy is ever a cyclical business and like all players, Superior is at the mercy of the price of oil. It also can be harmed by bad weather and by accidents. One such accident in fact happened in August, causing one of Superior's ships to go out of commission for months.

The moves into deeper waters and into non-Gulf markets are still in very early stages. The company still has to execute its plans in order to keep the business growing.

Superior competes with a number of other companies, including Cal Dive. Companies get contracts through a competitive bid process, and in busy times much depends on the availability of equipment and staff. Superior must continue to attract skilled workers and make reliable gear.

Superior's industry is fairly heavily regulated. Among other rules, the Jones Act restricts the movements of domestic ships, and also limits the hiring of foreign workers. The firm will also limit foreign stock ownership.

Despite the long customer list, the top four accounts amount to 46% of revenue. The loss of any one of them would have a notable impact on income.

Post-hurricane repair work has pumped up Superior's financials and probably will make for tough comparisons in future quarters.

THE RESULTS

The sharp ramp-up in the last couple years shows in Superior's numbers. Revenue in 2006 almost tripled to $243 million, while net income grew at an even faster pace to $3.27 a share. However, preliminary first-quarter results show the mercurial mercurial /mer·cu·ri·al/ (mer-kur´e-il)
1. pertaining to mercury.

2. a preparation containing mercury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USE OF PROCEEDS

Superior expects to net about $119.4 million from the sale of 8.7million shares. It will use $51 million to pay debts, $17.3 million for capital expenditures, and $28 million to pay a special dividend to existing shareholders.

THE MANAGEMENT

Louis Schaefer

Chairman

Founded the company's predecessor, Schaefer Diving, and headed it from 1970 to 1984. For the next 10 years he worked for other companies, including Cal Dive, before becoming chief executive of Superior in 1994. In August, he moved to his current position.

James Mermis

President, chief executive and director

Joined in March 2005 and was promoted the following year. Before that he held managerial positions at Torch Offshore, Stolt Comex Seaway and Subsea Subsea is a general term frequently used to refer to equipment, technology, and methods employed to explore, drill, and develop oil and gas fields that exist below the ocean floors. This may be in "shallow" or "deepwater".  International.

Patrice Chemin

Chief operating officer Chief Operating Officer (COO)

The officer of a firm responsible for day-to-day management, usually the president or an executive vice-president. 

He's slated to join up in May after spending six years at Consolidated Contractors, where he is the current U.S. representative. He also has been president of Carmel Contracting since it was formed three years ago. He was president of Torch Offshore from 1997 to 2000.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2009, 04:15:22 AM »

Sorry, it still wasn't right!   

AND Williams WMB providing the largest shares of revenue.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2009, 04:23:40 AM »

http://sec.edgar-online.com/superior-offshore-international-inc/s-1a-securities-registration-statement/2007/04/05/Section18.aspx

snip:

Customers

Our customers include most of the top 20 crude oil and natural gas producers and most of the top 20 gathering and transmission companies operating on the outer continental shelf of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Over the last two years, we have performed services for over 120 customers, and we currently maintain master services agreements with approximately 150 companies. The amount of capital spending by our customers varies from year to year due to the concentrated nature of construction and installation expenditures and the unpredictability of repair work. Consequently, customers that account for a significant portion of our revenues in one year may represent an immaterial portion of our revenues in subsequent years. Our two largest customers for the year ended December 31, 2005 were El Paso Corporation and one of its subsidiaries, Southern Natural Gas Company. Our two largest customers for the year ended December 31, 2006 were Newfield Exploration Company and The Williams Companies, Inc. No other customer accounted for more than 10% of our revenues in either period.

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »

Great Finds TM! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2009, 11:11:46 AM »

Newfield Exploration Announces Agreement With Sojitz in U.K. Southern Gas Basin**
HOUSTON, Sept 12, 2006 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Newfield Exploration Company (NYSE: NFX), through its wholly owned subsidiary, Newfield Petroleum U.K. Limited, today announced an agreement with Sojitz Energy Project Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sojitz Corporation, relating to Newfield's Southern Gas Basin exploration and development program.

Under the agreement, Sojitz will participate in the ongoing development of the Grove Field and the 2007 exploration and appraisal drilling program which consists of the West Cutter Prospect, the Seven Seas Discovery and two wells planned in the West Sole Area under the existing Exploration and Development Agreement between BP Exploration Operating Company Limited and Newfield. Sojitz will earn 15% of Newfield's interest in the Grove Field and 20% of Newfield's interest in the West Cutter, Seven Seas and West Sole Area Prospects.

This transaction is valued at approximately $100 million and is subject to the necessary U.K. government approvals.

A production platform for the Grove development was recently installed in the field. The platform has production capacity of approximately 100 MMcf/d of gas and 2,000 BCPD. Newfield is currently drilling the Grove #5 well as a horizontal producer in the central and western fault blocks. Newfield anticipates that the field will be on-line in December 2006. Production is expected to ramp up to approximately 60 MMcf/d and 1,000 BCPD in early 2007.

The recent #6 exploration well was drilled from a remote surface location into the western fault block approximately 2.1 km west of the Grove platform. The well found approximately 40' of net gas pay and was temporarily abandoned with a subsea production tree installed. Final plans for the #6 well will be determined once the information obtained from the platform development wells has been integrated into the overall field development plan.

Newfield Exploration Company is an independent crude oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The Company relies on a proven growth strategy growing reserves through the drilling of a balanced risk/reward portfolio and select acquisitions. Newfield's domestic areas of operation include the U.S. onshore Gulf Coast, the Anadarko and Arkoma Basins of the Mid-Continent, the Uinta Basin of the Rocky Mountains and the Gulf of Mexico. The Company has international exploration and development projects underway in Malaysia, the U.K. North Sea and China.

** The statements set forth in this release regarding anticipated development and exploration plans, the timing of initial production from Grove, estimated production rates from Grove and forecasted production for 2007 are forward looking and are based upon assumptions and anticipated results that are subject to numerous uncertainties. Actual results may vary significantly from those anticipated due to many factors, including drilling results, geologic and drilling conditions, oil and gas prices, industry conditions, the prices of goods and services, the availability of drilling rigs and other support services, the availability of capital resources, the availability of refining capacity for the crude oil Newfield produces from its Monument Butte Field in Utah and labor conditions. Newfield's ability to produce oil and gas from the Gulf of Mexico is dependent on infrastructure (such as host platforms, pipelines and onshore processing facilities) owned by third parties. Much of this infrastructure was damaged by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Most of Newfield's Gulf of Mexico production has returned to pre- storm levels, but it is difficult to predict when all production will be restored. The drilling of oil and gas wells and the production of hydrocarbons are subject to governmental regulations and operating risks.

For information, contact:
Investor Relations:
Steve Campbell
(281) 847-6081
Media Relations:
Keith Schmidt
(281) 674-2650
Email: info@newfield.com

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=63798&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=904179&highlight=

In God We Trust!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2009, 01:23:37 PM »

Excellent connecting texasmom
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: May 24, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »

Karen Tindale
Houston, Texas

British Gas T&T Limited
Stephen Babb
steve.babb@bg-group.com
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad

Chevron
Richard Parrish
rparrish@chevron.com
Houston, Texas

Ecopetrol
Roberto Hernandez
Roberto.Hernandez@
ecopetrol.com.co
Bogota, Colombia

ExxonMobil
Exploration
Company
Pinar Yilmaz
Houston, Texas

Newfield Exploration
Bruno Maldonado
bmaldonado@newfld.com
Houston, Texas

Petrobrás
Alice Aragão
alicearagao@petrobras.com.br
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

PDVSA
Miguel Nuñez
nunezmf@pdvsa.com
Puerto la Cruz, Venezuela

Repsol
Raul Giraudo
rgiraudo@repsolypf.com
The Woodlands, Texas

Shell
Fernando Sanchez-Ferrer
f.sanchez-ferrer@shell.com
Houston, Texas

StatoilHydro
Frode Liestøl
frli@statoilhydro.com
Oslo, Norway

CBTH Software Support
Landmark Graphics
Bill Agee
bagee@lgc.com
Landmark Graphics is kindly providing our interpretative
software.

IVS3D
Bill McKernan
bmkernan@ivs3d.com
We also use an exciting visualization package called
Fledermaus from IVS3D.

we know Kyle is working for Statoil Hydro,AGR Drilling, Fugro Norway

Ormen Lange Excavation - North SeaOrmen Lange deep sea pipeline excavation monitoring with Oceaneering Magnum ROV and high-resolution multibeam sonar. StatoilHydro, AGR Drilling, Fugro Norway
Posted by Kyle Kingman at 4:43 PM
http://geosolutions.blogspot.com/2008/07/ormen-lange-excavation-north-sea-norway.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: May 24, 2009, 01:53:09 PM »

http://www.ig.utexas.edu/research/projects/cbth/

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2009, 02:45:07 PM »

In late 2007, BP obtained exploration rights over two blocks just off Colombia's northern coast on the Caribbean. Awarded by the National Hydrocarbon Agency, this acreage marks our first offshore participation in the country and highlights both confidence and commitment to additional investment in Colombia's energy sector.

Blocks RC4 and RC5 total 622,000 hectares (388,000 square miles) and are held by BP, Ecopetrol and Petrobras with 40.56%, 32% and 27.44% participation respectively.

During the next three years, with BP as operator, a 3D seismic programme will be conducted to assess the area's hydrocarbon prospectivity. Any further activity, such as an exploratory well, will depend entirely on seismic study results.

http://colombia.bp.com/go/doc/1660/190252/

In God We Trust!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2009, 02:51:05 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4656.900
from Kermit's post #914
StatoilHydro (Stavanger, Norway) and Anadarko (The Woodlands, Texas) have signed an agreement whereby StatoilHydro will take over the remaining 50 percent in the Brazilian Peregrino project.

This will give StatoilHydro a 100 percent working interest and operatorship of the development.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa5367/is_200804/ai_n25420611

http://www.ig.utexas.edu/research/projects/cbth/newsletters/CBTH2009_05_11.pdf?PHPSESSID=1072c9acee1eb41b60cf4a0c89509bc1

Alejandro Escalona
Alejandro’s current assignments for the CBTH study include offshore Guyana-Suriname where he
supervises the graduate student intern Elodie Autret. He acts as co-supervisor for UT-based
postdoctoral researchers and graduate students. He is also conducting basin modeling in the
southeastern Caribbean with Dr. Willy Fjeldskaar of Stavanger University.

Willy Fjeldskaar
Willy Fjeldskaar is a researcher at IRIS
in Stavanger, Norway.
Willy co-created
the BMT software which he and
Alejandro use for basin modeling for
the CBTH project.

Elodie Autret
Elodie Autret is a master’s level graduate student working on a marine geology degree from
the University of Brest (France). She works with Alejandro Escalona at the University of
Stavanger in Norway as an intern interpreting seismic data from Suriname and Guyana. The
dataset Elodie works with was a salvaged paper dataset that was converted to SEGY. Elodie’s
structural mapping, as well as the converted SEGY, will be included in the 2009 CBTH data
release.

Ian Norton
Ian, in collaboration with Alejandro Escalona and Paul Mann, is working to update the
UTIG PLATES database (PIs: Lawrence Lawver and Ian Dalziel). This update will
reflect new PLATES results from the Gulf of Mexico and recent CBTH Phase I and II
results from Venezuela, Colombia, Suriname, Guyana, and the northern Caribbean.
Ian
will be presenting preliminary results of these reconstructions at the AAPG annual
meeting in June. All reconstructions are produced using PaleoGIS software that allows
input of our vast GIS database into the reconstructions. Ian will be traveling to Norway
to spend two weeks working with Alejandro on the plate reconstruction model in late
July.

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »

http://www.geoclastica.com/Higgs07GSTTabstract1.pdf

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2009, 03:00:10 PM »

CNOOC affiliate takes 50 % stake in Caribbean exploration tract
27-10-05 Shanghai Offshore Oil Group, an affiliate of state China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC), emerged as the 50 % owner and operator of 31.4-mm acres of Caribbean exploration territory, in what could be one of China's largest foreign upstream exploration ventures.
The farm-in of the five concessions, stretching from Grenada, just north of Trinidad, to St Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Martinique and Guadeloupe, could be one of China's largest foreign upstream exploration ventures. The positions had been assembled by maverick Denver wildcatter Jack Grynberg and his private RSM Production. Grynberg signed the farmout documents in Shanghai.

Estimated outlays to explore the mostly undrilled acreage, covering 127,000 sq miles, are upwards of $ 2-bn, said a source close to the deal. RSM is believed to be "carried" for part of its 50 % share, with the rest to be funded with cash flow from RSM's current 25,000 boepd of net US onshore oil and gas production, rising next year to 35,000 boepd,he said.
Grynberg is to operate the concessions through further seismic acquisition, due to resume soon using a Chinese vessel, the companies said.

SOOG will nominally operate during the drilling phase. But with its limited track record in upstream operations, speculation is that the Shanghai refining and product marketing company will turn over effective control to CNOOC.
RSM has already accumulated 9,512 km of 2-D seismic and will run another 12,000 to 14,000 km by mid 2006, to be followed by an electromagnetic survey of 8 to 12 "specific and most prolific prospects." Drilling by SOOG is slated to start in the second half of 2006.

Grynberg told he also has talks scheduled with CNOOC, Sinopec and possibly CNPC to farm out a 25 % operator stake in a 55,500 sq km exploration concession in the Central African Republic, where RSM has already farmed out up to 25 % to Canadian independent United Reef Ltd.
The CAR track is adjacent to Chad's Doba basin production and stretches to within 100 km of Sudan, where CNPC is a major producer.

Grynberg, noted for promoting initial Western oil ventures in Kazakhstan in the late 1980s and for waging massive litigation against US pipelines over natural gas pricing, began assembling his Caribbean acreage in 1996 with a first-ever offshore concession for Grenada. To resolve stalled boundary disputes with Venezuela and Trinidad, he launched his own legal actions. RSM also holds an exploration tract in Belize.
Now in his mid-70s, Grynberg seems determined to see production from his large acreage position.
"I don't want to wait forever," he told in 2003.

Source: Platts

http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/company/cnl54546.htm

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »

http://www.meppublishers.com/online/energy/issues/index.php?pid=1014

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=aruba&searchBtn=Search&sp-a=sp10029112&sp-p=all&sp-f=ISO-8859-1

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »

Russia and Venezuela Drill Near Aruba, Fueling Cold War Fears
January 13, 2009 03:11 PM
by Josh Katz
Russia and Venezuela are drilling for gas around Aruba, underscoring the growing relationship between the two countries and causing concern about their ambitions in the Western hemisphere.Russia and Venezuela Take Drilling Relationship to Aruba
Russia and Venezuela have started drilling for natural gas in the waters around the Caribbean island of Aruba, where Venezuela controls 28 fields possessing an estimated 27 trillion cubic meters of natural gas, according to The Washington Times.

Aruba and the Netherlands, which is in charge of Aruba’s foreign affairs, have expressed concern about the drilling because Venezuela did not alert them to its plans beforehand.

“They do not really need to ask us for approvals or permission to drill, but needed to inform us,” said Jocelyne Croes, a political minister at the Dutch Embassy in Washington. “We signed a treaty about that, and now they are generating new frictions in situations that used to be under control,” Croes said, referring to a treaty ratified in 1986.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez recently declared that his country and Russia were “strategic partners” in the exploration of oil and gas. In a televised speech, Chavez said the exploration was “an act of sovereignty, as we are liberated from the evil Yankee imperialism.”

Venezuela has claimed ownership of the Dutch Caribbean islands since World War II, “when Aruba began refining Venezuelan heavy crude,” according to The Washington Times. In fact, “Some here fear that the government of Mr. Chavez might invade the Netherlands Antilles and take possession of the islands.”
Background: Russia and Venezuela growing closer
In November 2008, President Dmitry Medvedev became the first Russian leader to visit Venezuela. His meeting with Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez coincided with “expected to coincide with joint naval exercises off Venezuela’s coast, led by the Russian nuclear-powered warship, Peter the Great, and comes as the two powers announce that Russia will help Venezuela build a nuclear reactor,” according to The Christian Science Monitor.

Tensions between the United States and Venezuela and Russia have escalated recently as the latter two countries strengthen their ties, both financially and militarily.

In July, Venezuela, one of the world’s main oil producers, and Russia hatched a five-year plan whereby Russian oil companies LUKoil and Gazprom will invest up to $30 billion into Venezuela’s Orinoco Basin. Also in July, Chávez traveled to Russia and “purchased a number of anti-aircraft systems; three ‘Varshavianka’-class submarines; 53 helicopters; and 24 Sukhoi fighter planes, with a total price tag of $4.5 billion,” according to FrontPage Magazine.

Then on Sept. 10, two Russian Tu-160 “Blackjack” bombers arrived in Venezuela, allegedly to help patrol neutral waters in the Caribbean and Pacific. U.S. officials feared that the planes could have been carrying nuclear weapons; the Russian air force initially substantiated these accusations but then backtracked.

The Venezuelan government also released a statement saying that the conflict in Georgia was “planned, prepared, and ordered” by the United States in an “incitement of violence,” FrontPage reports.
Historical Context: The history of U.S.-Latin American conflict
U.S.-Latin American tension traces its roots to the Cold War, when the area was used as a “chessboard” between the United States and the Soviet Union, according to Agence France-Presse. Since then, “left-wing ideology” has continued to take hold in the region that strives for “affluence and modernity.”

The United States declared its hegemony over Latin America in the 1823 Monroe Doctrine. The AFP claims that the United States used that doctrine to assert its control during the Cold War and because of this, Latin American countries “are determined to have full sovereign control over their affairs.” The news agency lays out where each Latin American nation fits into the diplomatic landscape: “Currently, the moderate left wing of the region includes Argentina, Brazil, and Chile. The left-wing includes Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Ecuador. The United States’ main allies in Latin America are Colombia, which receives five billion dollars a year to fight the illegal narcotics trade, and Mexico. It also has good relations with Costa Rica.”
Related Topic: Iran enters the mix
Sources in this Story
The Washington Times: Venezuela worries Aruba
The Christian Science Monitor: Russia's new presence in Latin America
The Times of London: Russia's warships head for exercise with Venezuelan navy
The New York Times: Russian Warships Sail to Venezuela
FrontPage Magazine: Caribbean War Games
Daily Times (Pakistan): The roots of the US-Latin America diplomatic upset (AFP)
Diplomatic Courier: Iran, Russia, Venezuela, and Bolivia: Partnership against the U.S.
Los Angeles Times: Latin American saber-rattling
The Wall Street Journal: Hugo Chavez’s Russian Dalliance
The National (UAE): A new Cold War? Forget it, Mr Chavez: business is business
The Russia-Venezuela alliance isn’t the only concern in the region for the United States. Iran, one of the primary foes of the United States, has become a major player in South America. In early September, Bolivian President Evo Morales traveled to Tehran to meet with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Morales also opted to relocate Bolivia’s only embassy in the Middle East from Cairo to Tehran, the Diplomatic Courier writes. Iran has said it will invest more than $1 billion to Bolivia’s natural gas industry.

Ahmadinejad’s relationship with Venezuela has also improved. Chávez has traveled to Iran for “no less than six visits” with the Iranian president. According to the Diplomatic Courier, “Iran has expressed no misgivings about nurturing alliances with very Catholic countries like Bolivia or Venezuela, illustrating that despite the Islamist rhetoric, policy makers in Tehran are making pragmatic calculations.”
Opinion & Analysis: The impact of the Russia-Latin America developments
Russia’s actions in Venezuela serve two purposes for Chávez and Morales, according to the Los Angeles Times: provoking the United States “distracts domestic attention from their disastrous policies and could, they hope, produce an overreaction in kind from Washington that would further their interests.” The Times claimed that Morales is fighting with affluent white landowners who oppose his policy of redistributing the nation’s wealth. And, although Chávez is still popular in Venezuela, the country has a 34 percent inflation rate and there is “intensified scrutiny of his incompetent domestic policies.” Congress should not overreact to the situation in Latin America by cutting trade, the Times argued, because doing so would only solidify opposition to the United States in Bolivia and Venezuela.

Kathy Shaidle of FrontPage Magazine agreed. “Ultimately, though,” she writes, “the biggest loser in this game of geo-political shadowboxing is Venezuela. With economic peril looming … the Chavez government’s posturing is a distraction from the serious challenges facing Venezuela.”

Mary Anastasia O’Grady of The Wall Street Journal asserted that Russia’s intervention in South America should not be feared as if this were still the Cold War. “Vladimir Putin has been trying to rebuild his military, but it is no match for U.S. might. Nor is it believable that Russia seriously expects to challenge the U.S. in the Caribbean with the flotilla it says that it is sending next month for joint exercises with Venezuela.”

But Tony Karon, senior editor at Time magazine, took a somewhat different perspective in an op-ed published in the U.A.E. publication The National. He said the American news media blew the situation out of proportion when Russia sent bombers to Venezuela. There is no “new Cold War” because “there’s no ideological basis for the alliance between the self-styled socialist Venezuelan leader and the Islamists in Tehran or the nationalists in Moscow; simply a common antipathy towards the US and a shared interest in keeping oil prices high. During the Cold War there were two world economies, and you were part of either one or the other.” Now only one world economy exists, and they are so inextricably connected that business takes precedence.
               Ty

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/international/2009/jan/Russia-and-Venezuela-Drill-Near-Aruba--Fueling-Cold-War-Fears-.html

In God We Trust!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.