March 19, 2024, 01:41:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OIL & GAS PIPELINE INFO  (Read 803583 times)
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #540 on: June 11, 2009, 03:13:40 PM »

Keep on Diggin 2NJ and KTF...You're doing Great! Gotta go! BBL!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #541 on: June 11, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »

Thanks, hotping.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: June 11, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »

Thanks, hotping.

Ditto, HotPing.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #543 on: June 11, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »

Salvage-Diving-Survey Client Listing on Bisso Marine website includes GeoLab Silvetti & Co, Inc.  This may be what I was trying to remember earlier.

http://www.bissomarine.com/clientListing/DS_clients.html

Heavy Lift includes same.

http://www.bissomarine.com/clientListing/HL_clients.html
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:15:21 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #544 on: June 11, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »

66.  BALLS, PERRY
 GEOLAB SILVETTI & COMPANY, LLC    LAFAYETTE, LA

http://www.usa-people-search.com/Find-P-Balls.aspx

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #545 on: June 12, 2009, 01:25:07 AM »

6/12/2009 Awe Mainta Front Page

http://awemainta.com/home/

Page 3

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: June 12, 2009, 09:24:11 AM »

So in March of 2004 El Paso Corp. sold the Aruba refinery and in 2005 they were Schaeffer's
biggest customer.....

Published: Friday, March 5, 2004
US company El Paso Corporation (NYSE: EP) has closed the sale of its 315,000 barrel a day (b/d) refinery on the Caribbean island of Aruba to Valero En...http://www.bnamericas.com/news/oilandgas/El_Paso_sells_Aruba_refinery_to_Valero

June 2004
In March, San Antonio-based Valero Energy Corporation announced the closing of its acquisition of El Paso Corporation's 315,000 barrel-per-day refinery in Aruba for $365 million, plus $100 million for the related marine, bunkering and marketing operations, and $162 million for working capital at closing. The acquisition of the refinery and related assets was funded with $200 million in cash, $21 million in borrowings under existing credit facilities and $406 million in proceeds from the common equity offering completed in February.

"This is a great acquisition because we were able to acquire the refinery for 15 percent of its $2.4 billion replacement cost," said Bill ...

www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-118673699.html

SUPERIOR OFFSHORE

Reply #539 on: Today at 02:07:30 PM
I found it 2NJ... Williams Company

Major Customers and Concentration of Credit Risk

Our customers consist primarily of integrated and independent crude oil and natural gas exploration and production and gathering and transmission companies. The capital expenditures of our customers are generally dependent on their views of future crude oil and natural gas prices and successful offshore drilling activity. We perform ongoing credit evaluations of our customers and provide allowances for probable credit losses when necessary. Our two largest customers for the year ended December 31, 2005 were El Paso Corporation and one of its subsidiaries, Southern Natural Gas Company. Our three largest customers for the three months ended March 31, 2006 were Southern Natural Gas Company, Williams Companies and Energy Partners, Ltd. No other customer accounted for more than 10% of our revenues for either period.

http://google.brand.edgar-online.com/DisplayFilingInfo.aspx?Type=HTML&text=%2526lt%253bNEAR%252f4%2526gt%253b(%22LOUIS+E%22%2c%22SCHAEFER%22%2c%22JR%22)+%2526lt%253bOR%2526gt%253b+%2526lt%253bNEAR%252f4%2526gt%253b(%22LOUIS+E%22%2c%22SCHAEFER%22)+%2526lt%253bOR%2526gt%253b+%2526lt%253bNEAR%252f4%2526gt%253b(%22LOUIS+E.%22%2c%22SCHAEFER%22%2c%22JR.%22)+%2526lt%253bOR%2526gt%253b+%2526lt%253bNEAR%252f4%2526gt%253b(%22LOUIS+E.%22%2c%22SCHAEFER%22)&FilingID=4594468&ppu=%2fPeopleFilingResults.aspx%3fPersonID%3d4265740%26PersonName%3dLOUIS%2bE.%2bSCHAEFER

---------------------------------------

looks like the same company to me

NEW YORK, May 11 (Reuters) - El Paso Corp (EP.N: Quote, Profile, Research) unit Southern Natural Gas Co said Monday it removed from service for repair a portion of the 24-inch north main line, located in north central Alabama between its Providence and Tarrant compressor stations
http://in.reuters.com/article/governmentFilingsNews/idINN1154101920090511

US oil refiner Valero Energy (NYSE: VLO) has agreed to buy from fellow Texan El Paso Corp
(NYSE: EP) a 315,000 barrel a day (b/d) refinery on the Cari...
http://www.bnamericas.com/news/oilandgas/Valero_to_buy_El_Paso's_Aruba_refinery_for_US*465mn

------------------------------------------------

2003 El Paso was doing stuff in Aruba

El Paso Corp/DE · 10-K · For 12/31/03 · EX-21

5/22
Coastal Petrochemical International A.V.V. (Aruba)

5/22
Coastal Petroleum N.V. (Aruba)

12/22
El Paso Petroleum Overseas N.V. (Aruba)

20/22
Southern Natural Gas Company (DE)

http://www.secinfo.com/dsvRu.17a6.z.htm

-------------------------------

2007 El Paso was still doing stuff in Aruba

El Paso Corp/DE · 10-K · For 12/31/07 · EX-21

entitie                                                       incorporated    owned by                       percent

Coastal Petrochemical International A.V.V. - Aruba - Coscol Petroleum Corporation - 100.0000

Coastal Petroleum N.V. -      Aruba        - Coastal Stock Company Limited - 0.0030

Coastal Romanian Petroleum International A.V.V.  - Aruba - Delve Overseas S.A.   

El Paso Petroleum Overseas N.V. - Aruba - Coastal Stock Company Limited 

http://www.secinfo.com/dsvRu.t191.18.htm

looks the same as 2003 and 2007

2005 El Paso Aruba subsidiaries

Coastal Petrochemical International A.V.V - Coscol Petroleum Corporation - owner
Coastal Petroleum N.V - Coastal Stock Company Limited - owner
El Paso Petroleum Overseas N.V. - Coastal Stock Company Limited - owner
Coastal Romanian Petroleum International A.V.V - Delve Overseas S.A owner
www.secinfo.com/dsvRu.v296.7.htm

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: June 12, 2009, 10:06:02 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSN1150086020090611

UPDATE 2-Valero plans to shut Aruba refinery up to 3 months

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:55pm EDT 

Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page[-] Text
  • Market News

(Adds no other temporary shutdowns planned, paragraphs 5-6)

By Erwin Seba

HOUSTON, June 11 (Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp (VLO.N) confirmed on Thursday it planned to shut its 235,000-barrel-per-day refinery in Aruba for two to three months due to poor margins.

The shutdown was scheduled to begin in late June and the refinery would be completely offline by early July, Valero spokesman Bill Day said.

During the shutdown, Valero plans to do maintenance on the refinery's electrical system and other work, Day said.

"We informed our employees we will begin a shutdown for economic reasons," he said.

Temporary shutdowns are not planned at other Valero refineries, Day said.

"This is similar to the shutdown we did recently at Delaware City," he said. Valero shut its 210,000 bpd refinery in Delaware City, Delaware, for the months of March and April.

Refinery employees would be retained with compensation during the shutdown, Day said.

Day also said the shutdown was not a tactic in the company's long-standing dispute over taxes with the Aruban government.

"For the most part, this is due to economic reasons, especially low distillate margins," Day said.

Near the end of the planned shutdown, Valero will review the economics of restarting operations at the refinery, he said.

When Valero purchased the refinery in 2004, it received an exemption through 2010 from taxes, but Aruba adopted a new sales tax in 2007, which Valero argues it should be exempt from also and Aruba claims the refinery must pay.

Valero has been seeking a buyer for the refinery since late 2007. A deal in early 2008 with Brazil's state-owned oil company Petrobras fell through after a fire at the refinery.

Early this year, PetroChina, Asia's top oil and natural gas producer, was said to be interested in the refinery, along with Columbia's state-run oil company EcoPetrol and Petrobras.

The refinery cannot produce finished motor fuels, but makes mid-stream products that are shipped to U.S. refineries for completion.

The inability to make finished products is considered one of the reasons Valero has been unable to sell the refinery, according to brokers of refining assets.
(Editing by Marguerita Choy)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: June 12, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »

http://www.arubalife.net/latest-valero-refinery-aruba-to-shut-down/

Latest: Valero Refinery Aruba To Shut Down

Valero Corp. outperformed competition 2004-2008 – blue line in above image

Today Valero Refinery Aruba shocked many people locally with the announcement of the closure of the refining operations in St. Nicolas for at least three months, starting July 2009.

If you are familiar with Valero Aruba this shouldn’t come as a surprise. Valero has been seeking a buyer for over a year and thus far failed miserably. There were interested parties but no agreement could be reached. Refinery officials left the doors open for all options.

The refinery has a long history which started in the 1920s. For most of its history it was owned by Exxon (today Exxon-Mobil). After assessing the installations and market, Exxon decided to shut it down in the 80s. It was then decided by the government in turn to dismantle the refinery completely, until the next government reached an agreement with Coastal Corporation to purchase the old installations. After rebuilding and restarting a fraction of the old installations, the refinery was then sold in the 2000s by El Paso Energy Group – which since acquired Coastal Corporation – to Valero Energy Corporation, America’s largest refiner.

The installations continued to be in poor condition despite moderate investments by Valero. The company clearly stated in their mission statement – available online – that it was planning to invest in the facilities in order to “guarantee profitability and continuity”. Apparently neither goals were accomplished.

Today’s announcement marks the end of an era once more. I don’t believe the refinery is going to open again in three months, at least not as Valero. As big as the refinery was, they only employed – by own account – a staff of a meager 700 people and never paid profit taxes due to a tax holiday they’ve always enjoyed.

It’s a given that refinery officials – echoed by “experts” and “analysts” – are going to blame the macro-economic situation, drop in oil prices and other typical justifications during these times.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #549 on: June 12, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »

Regarding El Paso....this is interesting:

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2007/comp19991.pdf

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #550 on: June 12, 2009, 12:54:36 PM »

May 21, 2009 (M2 EQUITYBITES via COMTEX) -- The Dow Chemical Company , a diversified chemical company, revealed on Wednesday (20 May) that it has entered into agreements to divest its Calcium Chloride business and interests in a Dutch joint venture.

The two separate sale agreements are said to be worth a total of at least USD900m and are part of Dow's plan for paying down debt, preserving financial flexibility, streamlining its portfolio and improving cash flow.

The Calcium Chloride business is to be acquired by an unnamed strategic chemical industry buyer for a value in excess of USD210m.

Meanwhile Dow Europe GbmH and Dow Benelux BV will sell their interests in the crude oil refinery Total Raffinaderij Nederland N.V. (TRN), Dow's joint venture with Total S.A., to Valero Energy Corporation for an enterprise value expected to be approximately USD725m.

Sales of non-strategic assets announced by Dow during 2009 now total in excess of USD2.6bn, which the company says is ahead of its original divestment plan.

Comments on this story may be sent to admin@m2.com

(C)2009 M2 COMMUNICATIONS http://www.m2.com

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?dsid=2541&dekey=1&company_name=Valero+Energy+Corp&id={CD490695-3076-43C0-A1D1-8D78E9C2CE29}

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #551 on: June 12, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »

Objective
I seek a new challenge were our where my experience, accomplishments, and proficiency will allow my education, gifts and talents to be utilized optimally, allowing the opportunity for success, for all parties involved.

Work Experience
2008 -September contracted with Alternative Positioning Solutions (APS) Lafayette, LA. Senior Survey/ Party Chief on board DPDSV Kimberly Candies, conduct surface and acoustic subsea positioning in support of Hurricane Damage remediation, Gulf of Mexico. Utilized Winfrog Navigation Software, HiPaP USBL and MS 1000 Sonar.

2008 May-August contracted with Fugro Survey (Middle East) Ltd. Abu Dhabi, UAE, as Party Chief on board DPDSV Gerimal, Bul Hanine field Qatar. Utilized Starfix Seis navigation software. Performed subsea umbilical cable installation and pipeline hookup, survey support operations

2007 Nov-Dec- contracted with Geolab/Saipem/ Chevron- pipelay support- utilized Qsiny software- Congo/ Angola Africa.

2007 July-August- contracted with SSR on fiber optic survey , Florida to Columbia utilizied Hypac Pro software.

2007 March- contracted with UTEC Survey on Phoneix International/SMIT International Eugene Island 338, Platform Salvage, Gulf of Mexico. Duties included vessel positioning utilizied NaviPac software and Sonardyne USBL system. System trouble shooting.

2007 Feb- March contracted with Capital Signal on ConocoPhillps Corocoro FSO Mooring Installation,Gulf of Para, Venezuela. Duties included vessel positioning utilizied NaviPac software.

2006 Sept- Oct. contracted with Tesla Offshore on WildWell Control Noble Energy MP306 P&A Project
Gulf of Mexico. Duties included vessel postioning, HiPap Acoustic USBL and ADCP operations, Environmental Condition Monitoring. Utilizing QINsy software.

2006 June-August contracted with Alternative Positioning Solutions, APS/ Superior Diving on DSV Endevor Ship Shoal, Gulf of Mexico. Provided Positioning services in support of dive operation. Utilized Winfrog navigation software. Operated MS1000 Sonar and Gadiometer magnometer.

2006 March contracted with Tesla Offshore/ Caldive on DLB Midnight Rider, Gulf of Mexico.
Provided Survey serivices in support of lay/burial operation. Utilized Qsiny navigation software and Galvanometer

2005 contracted with Geolab/Sonsub on Dolphin Energy’s Dolphin Pipeline Project, Qatar/UAE. Provided ROV postioning and Survey services. Utilized Qsiny software.
- contracted with Bisso Marine, New Orleans, LA. Performed survey and navigation duties in support of derick barge salvage operations. Utilized Hypack navigation software. Operated MS100 sonar.

http://www.marinetechnologyjobs.com/mt/mtJob.aspx?ShowResume=101037

Is this the first time we've been able to put Silvetti & Schaefer working together on paper??????

Tim Miller stated sometime in 2007, iirc, that attempts to have the ocean search were talked about in 2006 but never materialized....this can lead one to wonder if the same players, Schaefer & Silvetti, were known to Miller in 2006, or if some other source brought them together, later.  Silvetti's company has recently assisted TES in finding a missing person here in the states.....just can't say how far back this alliance goes with either one, but if Tim approached Schaefer, he either knew him or was pointed in his direction by someone.  jmo

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #552 on: June 12, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »

I think knowing,if we ever will,how this search came to be & the timing of it is important!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: June 12, 2009, 03:14:48 PM »

I think knowing,if we ever will,how this search came to be & the timing of it is important!

I would like to know why they chose the time they did to go down there.It could be very simple or it could be complicated..

MOHANDAS GANDHI
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: June 14, 2009, 06:21:37 PM »

October 11, 2007

Superior Offshore selects DYONYX as IT Outsource Provider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Houston, Texas - October 11, 2007 - DYONYX, an IT Outsource and Consulting Firm, has been awarded a multi-year contract by Houston based, Superior Offshore International, Inc. (SOI) to provide outsourced IT services, including 24/7 helpdesk and network support of SOI’s rapidly expanding international operations.

SOI Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Tony Veraldi said: “This decision is an important part of the Company’s strategy to outsource non-core areas of our business where we can markedly improve service and reduce cost as we scale. We fire tested DYONYX on several critical projects from international vessel support to datacenter management and were impressed with the depth and breadth of their expertise and sense of urgency. Selecting DYONYX to provide ongoing project expertise as well as baseline support of IT operations was a natural next step.”

Superior Offshore was recently listed in the September issue of Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation. SOI ranked No. 2 in the top companies in the Houston area and No. 3 in the Energy sector. SOI has experienced a staggering 2168% growth in the past few years and shows no signs of slowing down.

DYONYX Executive Vice President, Tim Barto said: “We’ve always been pretty good at moving fast to address customer requirements, though SOI definitely raised the bar. In addition to taking over IT operations, we’re in the midst of numerous, high profile projects including their datacenter move, implementing streaming video to their vessel fleet and designing a new MPLS network. We are very pleased to have been selected as SOI’s technology partner.

The SOI/DYONYX Outsource agreement represents a total of six years with a two year base contract plus option year periods. For more information contact: Tim Barto at 713.830.5910 or tim.barto@dyonyx.com.

About Superior Offshore International

Superior Offshore International is a leading provider of subsea construction and commercial diving services to the offshore oil and gas industry, serving operators internationally and domestically in the outer continental shelf and deep waters of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Construction services include installation, upgrading and decommissioning of pipelines and production infrastructure. Commercial diving services include inspection, maintenance and repair services and support services for subsea construction and salvage operations. The company also operates a construction/fabrication division. Superior Offshore operates a fleet of 11 service vessels and provides remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) and saturation diving systems for deep water and harsh environment operations. Their website is: www.superioroffshore.com.

About DYONYX

DYONYX is an IT Outsource and Consulting Firm that specializes in working with enterprise and government customers to support their critical infrastructures and improve productivity while reducing their cost and risk. Their website is: www.dyonyx.com.

http://www.dyonyx.com/news/articles/2007/101107-superior-offshore-selects-dyonyx-as-it-outsource-provider.html

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: June 14, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »

South and Central America offshore activity on the riseBy Justin Smith
Filed from Houston
4/7/2008 9:34:15 PM GMT

The last 12 months in South America have been filled with controversy as Venezuela's Hugo Chavez pushed out foreign oil companies and gave greater control to Venezuela state energy company Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA).  While some companies continue to fight the nationalization movement, primarily ConocoPhillips and ExxonMobil, most have capitulated. Whether this will slow down development and production in Venezuela or encourage other countries to follow suit, only time can tell, but it is a situation being followed closely everywhere.

Rig Demand
South America, Brazil in particular, continues to be the major player in Latin America in terms of drilling activity. Currently, 68 of the 94 rigs in South America are under contract for a utilization rate of 72 percent. However, most of the 26 non-contracted rigs are cold-stacked barges in PDVSA's Venezuelan fleet and not immediately available, nor will they be soon, giving the region an effective offshore rig utilization rate of 100 percent.

At the moment, all eight rigs in the Central America and Caribbean Sea region are under contract.  One of the eight rigs is a drillship. Neptune Marine Drilling drillship Neptune Discoverer is currently undergoing refurbishment in Trinidad and Tobago with upgrades that include the addition of a third mud pump and installation of equipment for Christmas tree handling.  When the rig's yard stay is completed this week, it will begin a contract with PDVSA that will last into February 2012.

The demand for rigs in Central and South America is expected to rise quite a bit over the next year, but not as drastically as compared to some parts of the world, according to ODS-Petrodata's World Rig Forecast - Short Term Trends report.  The semi fleet will see the largest increase in demand; jackup demand will rise only moderately.

Discoveries
Brazil continues to dominate the exploration sector, resulting in the country netting more discoveries than any other. Discoveries in the pre-salt layer have been the key over the last year. By far, the most important of these discoveries is Petrobras' Tupi find in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil.

Petrobras concluded its analysis of the formation tests for the second well, 1-RJS-646, drilled in the Tupi area in Block BM-S-11 in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil and the company estimates Tupi holds between 5 billion and 8 billion barrels of recoverable 28 degree API light oil and natural gas, making it the largest field in Brazil.

El Paso Corp. drilled two successful exploration wells on Block BM-CAL-4 in the Camamu Basin offshore Brazil, extending the southern limits of its Pinauna development project. El Paso drilled the first well, Cacau-1, to a total depth of 9,478 feet (2,889 m). A 23-foot (7-m) section of the upper Jurassic Sergi formation was cored and the well was confirmed as an oil discovery.

The second well, Acai, was drilled to a total depth of 9,566 feet (2,915 m), and tested gas and condensate from the top 230 feet (70 m) of a potential 446-foot (136-m) hydrocarbon interval.

However, discoveries were also made outside of Brazil.  Canadian Superior Energy Inc. and its partners, BG International Ltd. and Challenger Energy Corp., made a natural gas discovery on Intrepid Block 5(c) approximately 60 miles (97 km) off the east coast of Trinidad. The second well drilled on the block further expanded the discovery and a third well is currently underway.

StatoilHydro completed drilling of the Ballena well, part of the exploration campaign in Block 4 of the Plataforma Deltana field offshore eastern Venezuela. One of the two intervals tested flowed natural gas at significant rates.  The well was drilled from Transocean semi Sovereign Explorer in 1,148 feet (350 m) of water. The Orca exploration well on the block failed to strike hydrocarbons.

Licensing
A number of countries in Central and South America have ongoing or upcoming licensing rounds. Last week Barbados stopped accepting bids in its licensing round of 24 blocks. Approximately 35,135 square miles (91,000 sq km) were up for grabs. Licenses are expected to be awarded before the end of the month.

Cuba is offering 36 blocks through direct negotiations.  Originally 43 blocks were up for grabs, but PetroVietnam was awarded seven of them last year. The blocks each cover 772 square miles (2,000 sq km) of the eastern Gulf of Mexico. Cuba's government estimates that the country's offshore acreage could hold 300 billion barrels of oil.

Ecuador is expected to put four offshore blocks on offer this year as a part of the country's tenth bid round. The blocks being offered are 4, 5, 39 and 40, which are scattered along Ecuador's coastline, ranging from bordering Peru all the way to the Gulf of Guayaquil, which is shares a border with Venezuela.

Guatemala's Ministry of Energy and Mines is offering three offshore licenses located off its western coastline.  The three blocks each cover approximately 1,815 square miles (4,700 sq km) of Pacific Ocean acreage.

Staatsolie, the state oil company of Suriname, is offering a block covering 2,300 square miles (5,959 sq km) off the nation's coast.  The block was originally offered in 2006, but was not awarded.

Trinidad and Tobago is expected to conduct a bidding round later this year.  The purpose of the round, which will be the country's third ever, is to bolster diminishing reserves, in particular natural gas.  Four blocks will be offered, two off the eastern coast and two off the northern coast.  Despite the complete lack of success of the Trinidad Deep Atlantic Area offering, Trinidad and Tobago will make another attempt at offloading the ultra-deepwater blocks, possibly in the middle of this year.

Nicaragua, Jamaica and Netherlands Antilles are all also planning to offer offshore licenses in bid rounds scheduled to take place over the next year.

Field Development
In the waters of Central and South America, floating production developments far outnumber fixed platform developments.  In the regions, a total of 43 floating production projects are in the works, while only 10 fixed platforms are being planned. All but six of the 53 projects are taking place off the coast of Brazil, and most of the Brazilian projects are, as expected, being headed by Petrobras.

Two floating production units that Petrobras has in the works include P-55 and P-57. Brazil's Atlântico Sul Shipyard will construct the hull for P-55, which will be installed in the Roncador field offshore Brazil. P-55's hull blocks will be built at the Atlântico Sul Shipyard in Suape, Pernambuco, Brazil. Meanwhile, the hull will be assembled and piping and auxiliary structures will be made at the Rio Grande dry dock. The 308-foot by 308-foot by 144-foot (94-m x 94-m x 44-m), 22,000-ton (19,958-tonne) P-55 will be capable of producing 180,000 b/d of oil.  The cost to build the platform is approximately US$392.6 million.

SBM Offshore was the winning bidder for the turnkey supply and three-year operation of Petrobras' floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) P-57. When completed, the FPSO will be destined for the deepwater Jubarte field in the Espírito Santo Basin offshore Brazil. The total portfolio value of the contract is in the range of US$1.25 billion, including the three years of initial FPSO operations.  The vessel will be installed at the end of 2010.

While not many fixed platforms are being utilized in the region, BG is working on one for the Poinsettia field off Galeota Point in Trinidad and Tobago. The  wellhead deck, which was designed by Fluor, is being fabricated by TOFCO in Labidco, Trinidad.  McDermott is fabricating the jacket and piles, which total 13,700 tons. Offshore installation is scheduled to begin in the fourth quarter of this year.

http://www.energycurrent.com/index.php?id=2&storyid=9819

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: June 14, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »

Technip lands Caribbean pipeline contract

Offshore staff

PARIS ? The National Gas Co. of Trinidad and Tobago Ltd. has awarded Technip a contract to install two offshore pipelines.

Technip will provide front-end engineering design, subsea and land surveying and permitting, project management, and construction management for a pipeline to connect the BHP Billiton facility in block 2c off the northeast coast of Trinidad to NGC's existing pipeline and to connect BHP to the south coast of Tobago to supply gas to a power plant.

The pipelines are scheduled for start-up by the end of 4Q 2009.

12/18/2007

http://www.offshore-mag.com/index/article-display/315045/s-articles/s-offshore/s-pipeline-transportation/s-latin-america/s-technip-lands-caribbean-pipeline-contract.html

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: June 14, 2009, 10:04:41 PM »

Picture Looks Clear For Pipeline Construction Through 2010
P&GJ’s Worldwide Pipeline Construction Report

http://www.oildompublishing.com/PGJ/pgjarchive/Jan09/picture.pdf

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: June 14, 2009, 10:15:16 PM »

Hurdles ahead for Caribbean gas pipeline project
30-01-05 The conference room of the Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Commerce offices at Westmoorings was packed to capacity. The event was presentation on the proposed Eastern Caribbean Natural Gas Pipeline by the project investors-the Eastern Caribbean Pipeline Company.
The presentation was billed as a Vision 2020 public-private sector partnership. The large audience learnt that while the project was commercially and technically viable, there were many hurdles to cross including legal, commercial and political. The optimists remain hopeful while the cynics found new ground to question.

The presentation was the first public sharing of the technical and economic feasibility study completed in September last year by DORIS Inc., a Houston based joint venture between industry leaders Saipem and Doris Engineering of France. (For more information on these companies visit their websites at www.doris-engineering.com, www.saipem.com, www.doris-inc.com) The study was financed by the project's current shareholders-Guardian Holdings, AIC Financial Group and the Intra Caribbean Pipeline Company.
Project manager Greg Rich said that the detailed feasibility study substantiated earlier findings that the project was commercially and technically feasible. In determining the line route, Rich said that the study adopted a rigorous seven-point evaluation criteria, including water depths, environmental preservation, seismic and geotechnical hazards, hurricanes, proven technology and commercial viability.

Given these criteria, the preferred line route will now move from Tobago to Barbados and thence to Martinique and Guadeloupe, with connecting spur lines to St Lucia and Dominica. The combination of small demand and geotechnical risks has ruled out both St Vincent and Grenada. No doubt there will be both political and economic implications arising from this situation. Particularly in light of the discussions on Caricom Energy policy, the impending CSME and Prime Minister Patrick Manning's desire for a politicalunion with these states.
The pipeline is expected to cost an estimated $ 550 mm. It will be designed to carry 150 mm cfpd, with Martinique, Guadeloupe and Barbados expected to be the leading off takers. Rich said that the project is likely to be built in two phases, the first from Tobago to Barbados in the 2006-07 timeframe, and then proceeding to Guadeloupe in 2008-09.

Trevor Boopsingh, from Intra-Caribbean Pipeline Company-the project initiators, dispelled any thought about the pipeline proceeding further north to say Puerto Rico. The positive techno-economic feasibility study, however, does not translate into an automatic investment decision. Significant hurdles remain. These include completion of commercial negotiations with both the buyers and the gas seller(s) and the negotiation of intergovernmental agreements covering issues such as transit rights, security, taxation and regulatory regime.
For example, the investors are seeking to avoid transit and other territorial taxes as the pipeline transits the exclusive economic zone of the various territories. Imposition of such taxes would adversely impact the economics of the project. Would those countries not benefiting directly from the pipeline accede to such a request?

The solution may require a degree of diplomacy and goodwill that, thus far, has eluded Caribbean leaders, particularly when dealing with economic and political matters. The ensuing discussion featured the habitual questions on the adequacy of reserves, the choice of market and the price for gas. With respect to the reserves question, we endorse the comment made by Boopsingh that, if it comes on stream, the requirements of this project would constitute an insignificant 3 % of total consumption.
The attraction of this particular project to the islands is that it promises to provide energy at a predictable and non-volatile price. Some have interpreted this to mean a cheap or subsidised price.

It is worth reiterating that high energy prices have inflicted great pain on the balance of payment of these islands. The bulk of foreign exchange-up to 80 % in some cases-is used to fund fuel imports. In that scenario, less foreign exchange is available to purchase basic goods and services including those from Trinidad and Tobago. Caricom accounts for 90 % of Trinidad and Tobago's non energy imports. A prolonged foreign exchange shortage and/or balance of payments crises in these islands could spell the collapse of many manufacturing firms in Trinidad and Tobago, with obvious consequences for the thousands now employed in the sector.
While the project deliberately avoided stating a specific price, it is clear that the gas cannot be sold at any price that is higher than the alternate fuel used by the electric utilities in the islands today. The potential buyers must be given an incentive to convert to natural gas.

Such a price mechanism is likely to yield prices that are lower than current netbacks from LNG. However, all parties in the chain-producers, transporter and consumers maybe happy with the mechanism, because it yields predictable and steady cash flow over the project's life.
The holding of a diversified portfolio is the widely recognized risk mitigation strategy. This is true for the country as well as for some producers. Those who argue for more gas to be monetised through the LNG vehicle should be aware that LNG prices prevailing in the USA today would turn downwards, sooner rather than later, in the wake of expanding import capacity and supply.

Source: Trinidad Express

http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/company/cnl50804.htm

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2009, 10:19:30 PM »

Hugo Chavez wants to build “Great Trans-Caribbean Gas Pipeline” to Cuba

Published: Mon August 13, 2007
By: Publisher in Cuba Business > Cuba-World Trade
Tools: Tell-a-Friend | Email this author | Printer Friendly | Del.icio.us This

Reuters

Venezuela President Hugo Chavez has come out in support of constructing a natural gas pipeline beneath the Caribbean to supply neighboring islands and Cuba, and possibly extending to Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.

Chavez called for the Venezuela-to-Caribbean pipeline in a speech to the PetroCaribe summit, a gathering in Caracas of energy ministers and heads of state from the region. The speech was broadcast on state television.

The plan for what he called a “Great Trans-Caribbean Gas Pipeline” comes just two weeks after he said his idea for a “Great Gas Pipeline of the South” was on hold. That US$20 billion (HK$156 billion) pipeline to Argentina through the Amazon rain forest was “frozen” by Brazilian opposition, he said.

The Caribbean pipeline would also supply Puerto Rico and Haiti, Chavez said. He said another way to supply the Caribbean would be to build a plant to regasify liquefied natural gas in Haiti, which could be ready in two years. Venezuela has no plants to liquefy natural gas and none under construction.

The concept of a pipeline across the Caribbean once gained support from the World Bank, though it was opposed by the United States out of concern that the pipeline would interrupt the US blockade of Communist-governed Cuba, Chavez said.

Chavez also predicted that world oil prices are headed for US$100 per barrel, and warned he will cut supplies to the United States if Washington “attacks” Venezuela again.

He said high oil prices were the sign of a “global crisis” in energy caused by voracious consumption.

http://havanajournal.com/business/entry/hugo-chavez-wants-to-build-great-trans-caribbean-gas-pipeline-to-cuba/

In God We Trust!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.