March 19, 2024, 02:09:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OIL & GAS PIPELINE INFO  (Read 803589 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1060 on: November 04, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_64666.php

Google translation:

Refinery exempt from profits tax

November 4, 2009, 12:39 (GMT -04:00)

Valero refinery have in any case in January 2011 not to pay profit tax, so the Arbitration Institute decided recently.
ORANGE CITY - Valero oil refinery in January 2011 not to have to pay profit tax. This statement was made yesterday by the Dutch Arbitration Institute (NAI) in Rotterdam. On the conflict between the government and the refinery to pay tax on business turnover (BBO), the Arbitration Committee ruled that the only country with the Aruba collection of such taxes, not in breach of its contractual obligations.

On whether the lifting of the oil refinery on bbo in conflict with the law, the institute wants no rule. First, both parties want to learn more about their views. The procedure is thus continued.
This so-called 'partial verdict remains uncertain whether the preliminary over 200 million florin to taxes owed the State of Valero finally arrives. Since the dispute over the BBO, the oil company owed the money in a tax escrow account. That the arbitration board ruled that until January 2011 Valero not have to pay profit tax, is in agreement with the tax-holiday agreements with the government then Coastal Coorporation, one of the predecessors of Valero has made. The requirements of Valero on dividend and exchange commission rejected.

Valero oil company disputes the charge of bbo its exports in February 2007 and submitted its objections to at NAI. In 1989 the country had an agreement with Aruba namely Coastal, the previous owner of the refinery, which the option was included, when a dispute to the arbitration court. The arbitration award is binding on both parties. The government decided at January 1, 2007 because the BBO to introduce and the rate of profit tax be reduced from 35 to 28 percent. Bbo domestic turnover was set at 3 percent and 1 percent for deliveries to foreign countries, except for the free zone.

The oil company was also previously objected to the Board of Appeals Taxation. This case Valero lost in April of this year, making the company at least for January and February 2007 a sum of over 15 million florin to bbo due. In the months following Valero has separate objection. In response let the court know that the tax re-examination these concerns. But chances are that the court ruling is the same, because the same type of objections are, says the IRS. This would mean that the refinery has to pay about 1 percent bbo export turnover between March 2007 to the present, now totaling more than 200 million florin.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1061 on: November 05, 2009, 09:31:18 PM »

CAP COMPANIA ARUBANO DI PETROLEO N.V.
L.G. SMITH BLVD. 76, ORANJESTAD WEST
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1062 on: November 06, 2009, 12:52:50 AM »

Chinese firm buys US oil assets

Chinese energy giant China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) has bought oil assets in the US for the first time.

CNOOC bought limited stakes in four deepwater exploitation licences in the Gulf of Mexico from Norway's Statoil.

The size of the deal is secret, but Statoil said it was small.

In 2005, an $18.5bn CNOOC bid for US energy firm Unocal was withdrawn amidst concerns over the sale of strategic assets to China.

Statoil said it had acquired the US licences over the past two years, and added that it would remain the operator of the licences.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8342327.stm

Sometimes ya gotta go across the pond to get your news...

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1063 on: November 09, 2009, 06:13:38 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_64869.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Valero: "Refinery not open temporary '

November 9, 2009, 12:50 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY / SAN ANTONIO - Valero Oil company denies that the refinery in Aruba partly reopened to the facilities to show prospective buyer Petro China. "First of all, never Valero statements about potential buyers. Secondly, we currently have no intention to reopen the refinery, partially or totally, "said Bill Day, spokesman for Valero.

Last week this newspaper reported that the oil company was planning within three weeks a number of facilities of the refinery in Aruba to restart. Valero would even went looking for contract workers at these facilities to be staffed, said Manolo Besselink, press officer of the new Cabinet, to Amigoe. The Chinese state oil company Petro China was only after the work they have seen the facilities, they will decide whether to purchase the refinery. This state since June to non-active because of the impact of the economic crisis on the price of heavy sour crude oil.

Strong rumors
Petro China still seems the most serious candidate to take over the refinery in San Nicolas. The official appointment of the new government, there were discussions with then formateur Mike Eman (AVP). Around that time again strong rumors circulating that Valero Petro China and agreed on the sale. Eman did not know when to or already been signed, but to feel out of talks with China Petro Valero and they very well could be. Much would depend on whether Petro China with the government could come to an agreement. Eman stressed then, as his predecessor Nelson Oduber (MEP) that the government is important that the employment of Arubans absorbed in the refinery, as well as many contract workers. Eman, who during the election campaign, said in talks with the Mexican oil company Pemex, said to feel "that perhaps might have been worse" with the number of Chinese laborers that PetroChina would come. He expected, however, difficulties in negotiating the tax system. Meanwhile, Greg Peterson of the free zone to offer a potential buyer of the refinery in the free zone to formal housing as part of a fiscal package. In the previous administration leaked correspondence with Petro China revealed that the Chinese state would pay as little tax as possible, many wanted to own employees to Aruba and would enforce the same environmental requirements as pastor Coastal twenty years ago.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1064 on: November 09, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/13602/18/

Papiamentu translation:

minister mike de meza is elabora upstairs,azv,petro china y nombracionan

monday, 09 november 2009 - 16:18

have to controla gastonan of azv:minister of finanza in conferencia of prensa of conseho of minister owing to talk on some sharp cu they're trahando on dje.pa thing is azv, gobierno owing to notice cu the contribucion of gobierno cu was tabata ordinarily 105 miyon, owing to lever till at 145 miyon, cual is one situation dificil at instant cu finanza of gobierno is bad.situacionnan earnest y urgente cu they have to atende is apfa, aov, aww, esun of azv, vergrijzing. have to concentra on control of gastonan of azv, because aruba not can follow carga the gastonan so high. click read more for more informacion......

gobierno is send notice for petrochina

one of the prioridadnan of gobierno, is the asunto of refineria valero. according minister de meza, encarga cu asuntonan of utilidad, the week here they will send one documento for petrochina, in cual is informa the compania on the puntonan cu gobierno is stay stop on dje, cu is cosnan fair cu cualkier operador cu take the refineria have to accomplish cu they.

for thing is presupuesto 2010 owing to enfoca on three sharp importante: abatement bbo for 1.5% for 1 of january 2010; aumento of onderstand cu 25%; y one toelage for schoolkind for esnan cu is hayando onderstand of 100 guilder mensualmente.

de meza: will repasa all nombracion

this is thing minister of finanza de meza owing to tell today in one conferencia of prensa, according the mandatario, departamentonan concerni, owing to informa the gobierno saliente cu not can bay at named after personanan politicamente. because tecnicamente the not can, because not have coin y have to march cierto proceduranan. gobierno will bay instala one comision of one personanan of centrale accountingsdienst; direccion of finanza; pn&o y dpo, caminda will investiga all the nombracionnan of the ultimo lunanan, in campaña, y specialmente during october. esnan cu not owing to bay according regulation will wordo stop, because aruba not can cargue financieramente, y the mandatario will wordo poni responsible for his actonan, because the was know cu not have vacatura or presupuesto for this.

if the procedura did take lugar responsablemente, then niun person have problem cu this, y not have to have fright cu they will lose they work.

comments (3) subscribe to this comment's feed show/hide comments come across...

written by bob, november 09, 2009

in campaña mike owing to tell cu the la talk cu pemex y cu they have one sita asian they sit. i one look at off hear of jiun of you cu owing to leave for mexico for talk cu calderon. another lie more of eleccion?? come across??? the is look like asian. all cos you was have solocion pe during eleccion, but till now niun problem you one soluciona. my know is barely one week you have sit. but if do you have one plan end mane you owing to tell is of immidiately ehecuta tog enves of sit cry now y go lend 98 mlj. some poco you lie they're leave at cla. everybody at merca also was wanted cu obama can owing to make much come across, ja his popularidad owing to descend pisa. wel so will happen here also???? you work mane you owing to priminti of have plan y not go inventa the wiel now. +1 come across...

written by kabubi, november 09, 2009

pakico is stay stress cu petrochina? not have another alternativa? see cuanto compania of petroleum have at world y we is stay stress cu one only. my question is cu if owing to nearby another compania pace kico will happen if petrochina tell not? have to have more opshon on table shonnan. que hubo of repsol cu owing to end of hanja one area of gas very big self here serka? work one list of the 10 companianan more big y go delibera cu they, so are you scaledown y cu suerte we have to can hanja one compania cu is dispuesto for delibera. not stay steun on petrochina. come guys you should know better hand. +1 come across...

written by luky, november 09, 2009

you always was contra for eigenbijdrage y i am wait for cu you mantene esey in azv as you owing to priminti. you owing to vote for not hoist cousin also y people not can carga esey now. i am achieve you have to is more creativo envez of go lend money again. the gobierno happen was lend for make projecto y the projecto is pay the fiansa. pesey less the bbo is one bad cos. all part of world is pay esey. at the netherlands is btw 18% at colombia the is 16%, y so my can sigi. you wanted halveer bbo cu is go is 86miljoen less of entrance for gobierno y of orto near is go lend 96 miljoen. one is mihor let bbo y lend or busca one orto as for achieve the 10 miljoen cu is stay miss. the do not logisch thing you want make sorry. my do not experto neither pe of is. but is less bbo for achieve 86 miljoen less y is go lend 96. sorry the do not klop off i one is compronde. happy dai. come across

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1065 on: November 09, 2009, 11:42:22 PM »

Have ya'll seen this?  If so, just ignore me.
It was posted at RU by Herself, Glenda.  It was in some other language.  She gave no link,
but posted it on 10/19/2009, in the thread "What was the Persistence really looking for"
I ran it through the Spanish translator and this is what I got:

The largest Gas find in the World Discubrimento I gave Gigantic Gas between Aruba and Venezuela And Repsol company I gave Spaña to confirms ayera I gave and discubrimientonan but grandi I gave to gas na world and anya aki. Ta tries I gave a discubrimiento I gave to approximately 8 trillion cubic feet I gave natural gas. Esaki to wordo discubri gives awa territorial of Venezuela, between Aruba and Paraguana, localisa riba and consesion Teasel IV, tereno I gave 33 to kilometer square. Equivalent Esaki ta na 1 billion Bari I gave crude. Aki tin a production I gave 600 million I gave cubic feet I gave to gas pa day pa Venezuela and socionan I gave Refsol production and Eni I gave Italy. Esaki ta the news I gave to great importance pa Aruba. Ta conosi cu gives anyanan 1985-6 cu Lake later to will be, to bora pa petroleum give awanan territorial I gave Aruba, but to it does not have crude, but to there is natural gas. And pensamento and tabata temponan ei cu tabatin does not stimulate pa desarolla gas. Nevertheless awendia if ta existi incentivanan grandi, especially pa Aruba.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1066 on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:51 AM »

It was posted at RU by Herself, Glenda.  It was in some other language.  She gave no link,
but posted it on 10/19/2009, in the thread "What was the Persistence really looking for"

The largest Gas find in the World Discubrimento I gave Gigantic Gas between Aruba and Venezuela And Repsol company I gave Spaña to confirms ayera I gave and discubrimientonan but grandi I gave to gas na world and anya aki. Ta tries I gave a discubrimiento I gave to approximately 8 trillion cubic feet I gave natural gas. Esaki to wordo discubri gives awa territorial of Venezuela, between Aruba and Paraguana, localisa riba and consesion Teasel IV, tereno I gave 33 to kilometer square. Equivalent Esaki ta na 1 billion Bari I gave crude. Aki tin a production I gave 600 million I gave cubic feet I gave to gas pa day pa Venezuela and socionan I gave Refsol production and Eni I gave Italy. Esaki ta the news I gave to great importance pa Aruba. Ta conosi cu gives anyanan 1985-6 cu Lake later to will be, to bora pa petroleum give awanan territorial I gave Aruba, but to it does not have crude, but to there is natural gas. And pensamento and tabata temponan ei cu tabatin does not stimulate pa desarolla gas. Nevertheless awendia if ta existi incentivanan grandi, especially pa Aruba.
I will give it some thought!!  So, they are saying there is no crude oil -- but HUGE amounts of Natural Gas between Aruba and  Venezuela?

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1067 on: November 10, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »

I will give it some thought!!  So, they are saying there is no crude oil -- but HUGE amounts of Natural Gas between Aruba and  Venezuela?

The largest natural gas field in the world and somehow Exxon ties into the whole thing.

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #1068 on: November 10, 2009, 04:37:46 PM »

Scams and Scoundrels
Obstructing justice
Exxon’s global cover-up. How one of the world’s biggest companies avoids accountability for industrial disasters (4/ 4 stories).
Ben Hills
AN allegation of cover-up in Melbourne. A secret report in Hong Kong. Missing test results in the Virgin Islands. A fake logbook in Aruba. What does it all add up to? What does this say about Exxon, America's largest oil company? What are the implications for the Longford Royal Commission?
In yet another court, the United States District Court in Miami, Florida, another judge is to rule on all this after a hearing on Friday.
Judge William Hoeveler is in charge of the case in which Michael Ford, the Hong Kong barrister who blew the whistle on Exxon, is trying to sue for damages, claiming the company destroyed his career. Fighting for him is a remarkable US attorney named Stuart Speiser, now aged 75, who has emerged from semi-retirement in Arizona to take up the case.
Speiser is the author of 18 law books and one of the country's best-known litigators, having fought consumer crusades since he acted for Ralph Nader in his first and most famous victory over General Motors back in the 1960s.
In his claim filed with the court, and supported by documents from Hong Kong, the Virgin Islands and Aruba litigation, Speiser says this:
"While OIMS [Exxon's accident-prevention and investigation protocol] may have been designed to accomplish legitimate corporate environmental and safety goals, it is used to avoid disclosure of accident investigation data required by government agencies and courts throughout the world by putting in-house lawyers from [Exxon] nominally in charge of investigations, and then claiming the results of the investigations are legally privileged.
"The clear picture that emerges from these Exxon documents is that [Exxon] took the lead in investigating the [Hong Kong] explosion, and, through [the] worldwide OIMS system they directed and controlled the suppression of evidence.
"That OIMS is a front for the obstruction of justice is apparent from its role in three other `incidents' ... the Aruba gas explosion, the [Virgin Islands] water contamination, and the 1998 Longford gas explosion in Australia. Documentary evidence is available to demonstrate how Exxon's in-house lawyers used OIMS to suppress key evidence in those cases, just as they did in Hong Kong."
In reply, Exxon's lawyers have filed a scathing affidavit attacking Ford's credibility: "As he did in his motion for sanctions, Mr Ford launches another tale of mystery and intrigue in his discussion of [OIMS]. [It contains] completely uncorroborated allegations of misconduct and conspiracy.
"Mr Ford offers absolutely no support for his reckless allegation that OIMS is used for worldwide obstruction of justice or to hide information ... OIMS is simply a vehicle for continually improving Exxon Corporation's environmental health and safety performance ... it is not a vehicle for the obstruction of justice, and is not a vehicle for hiding information. This evidence is merely another example of Mr Ford's obsessive search for any thread of information from any publication anywhere in the world that he can weave into his tapestry of fantasy, speculation and innuendo."
Fact or fantasy - that decision will hinge on a ruling by Judge Hoeveler.
Ben Hills
Pub: Sydney Morning Herald
Pubdate: Wednesday 24th of March 1999
Edition: Late
Section: News And Features
Subsection: Florida - Features
Page: 17
Wordcount: 563
Classification: Company/Exxon Corp Accidents And Emergencies/Accidents/Gas Law/Cases
Geographic area: Hong Kong Usa

INDEX : SCAMS AND SCOUNDRELS : NEXT ARTICLE 

http://www.benhills.com/articles/articles/SCM13d.html

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1069 on: November 10, 2009, 04:48:23 PM »

I am so over my head in this thread, because I haven't kept up.

Hotping,

Does that mean that Glenda's article is old news?

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1070 on: November 10, 2009, 04:48:53 PM »

http://books.google.com/books?id=o9ODxqsr-dIC&pg=PA100&lpg=PA100&dq=exxon+aruba&source=bl&ots=KtC5MrLD_U&sig=k7lCJsJ2hGpi3ez74EMJaempPn4&hl=en&ei=Ut75StHkOov-Ner2zNwK&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CBoQ6AEwCDgU#v=onepage&q=exxon%20aruba&f=false

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1071 on: November 10, 2009, 09:47:29 PM »

I am so over my head in this thread, because I haven't kept up.

Hotping,

Does that mean that Glenda's article is old news?
Not that old of news... I don't think anyways...lol..I have lots going on in My world right now and haven't been keeping up real well Myself....   

In God We Trust!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1072 on: November 11, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_64948.php

CURAÇAO

Nv for oil and gas exploration in waters Antillean

November 10, 2009, 13:00 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG - The States are soon stopped by the Petroleum Ordinance. This law establishes rules for research and extraction of oil and gas in the waters around the Leeward Islands, and in the subsoil. The law covers the area around the islands of Bonaire, Klein Bonaire, and Curaçao Klein Curaçao.

In accordance with the bill is all the oil that is in the region are owned by the Netherlands Antilles. The extraction of this oil will be appointed by a limited company by National Decree. This nv has the exclusive right to study, and the extraction of petroleum in the sea area of the Leeward Islands. The shares of the nv according to the bill only held by the Land and the Netherlands Antilles island of Curacao and Bonaire. The bill proposes an allocation of 35 percent owned by the Land and 65 percent for the island Curacao and Bonaire. The limited company will also continue to pay a levy to the Land, which will depend on the production of natural gas and petroleum in the area.

The sa is authorized to represent the West Indies, on the sea of the Leeward Islands to enter into agreements with third parties, concerning the investigation and extraction of petroleum. Condition for this is that the Minister of General Affairs and External Relations (Prime Minister, ed) Authority. Under this "third party" means companies that are established in the West Indies and also established.

The Petroleum Ordinance also mentions the creation of a new body, the Council will get my name. This body, the Prime Minister with advice to assist in the implementation of this ordinance. The NV will focus on the Mining Council all information requested and provide information regarding the investigation and extraction of petroleum in the sea area of the Leeward Islands. It is my intention that the Council by July 1 of the calendar year written report to the Government on its work.

The Mining Council will also be involved in decision rules that each country will be adopted that aim at the environment and nature protection in the area. These include provisions to ensure that the development of the living and non-living natural resources are protected and monitored, to prevent contamination and that the purpose of shipping, aviation and scientific research is done fishing for the laying and maintenance of submarine cables and pipelines. Also, rules should be established for research into the health of persons involved in the investigation and extraction of oil involved. As provisions for the protection of historical, archaeological and other scientific discoveries.

Although the shares of public limited company owned by the Netherlands Antilles and the island of Curacao and Bonaire will come, provided that 15 percent of the extraction of petroleum in the Leeward Islands will be beneficial to Aruba, which in 1986 still belonged of the Antilles. The article in the ordinance stems from the protocol on exploration, exploitation and benefit sharing of seabed resources, belonging to the Cooperation Arrangement Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

The Aruban government may also appoint a representative to the previously mentioned nv. This is to ensure that Aruba in this way may provide administrative supervision to guarantee that the island receives 15 percent where it deserves. This representative may attend all meetings and meetings of the Supervisory Board of NV attend. In this meeting he or she has an advisory role.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1073 on: November 16, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »

Looking around for new info, I happened across the following.....it may have been posted long ago and I'm sorry if it's a repeat.

Louis E Schaefer Jr Foundation
Update -
 Organization Details
1. Name & EIN Louis E Schaefer Jr Foundation (205423424) -- Google 
2. Street 2210 Twin Oaks Blvd
3. Location Kemah, TX   77565
4. County Galveston County, TX
5. Ruling date
( Approximate year when founded.*) 2008
6. IRS type 501(c)(3) - Private foundation
7. Legal basis for public charity or private foundation status (FNDNCD) 04 - Private nonoperating foundation
8. NTEE T20 - Private Grantmaking Foundations
9. Most recently completed fiscal year (TAXPER) 07/2008
10. Total revenue $94
11. Total assets $845
 Links
12. View 990, 990-EZ or 990-PF 2008 2007
 http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990pf_pdf_archive/205/205423424/205423424_200707_990PF.pdf

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990pf_pdf_archive/205/205423424/205423424_200807_990PF.pdf

http://nccsdataweb.urban.org/PubApps/showVals.php?ft=bmf&ein=205423424

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1074 on: November 20, 2009, 05:31:38 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_65367.php

Google translation:

Aruba Colombia and Venezuela map conflict in the Netherlands

November 20, 2009, 12:46 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

ORANGE CITY - Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP) with the Dutch Foreign Minister Maxime Verhagen (CDA) talk about the conflict between Colombia and Venezuela and the possible implications for Aruba. The Prime Minister leaves on Sunday for an official introductory visit in which he, alongside an audience with Queen Beatrix, is also holding talks with Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende (CDA) and the Ministers of Transport and Defense.

Eman says the situation in Colombia and Venezuela to keep constant watch. "We recently received the visit of Venezuelan consul, and this issue was also raised. We feel that the soup is always eaten as hot as it is served. But it remains a tense situation. "Eman says there still to assume that the United States and the heads of Venezuela and Colombia, Álvaro Uribe and Hugo Chávez will keep a cool head. "I have confidence in the diplomatic capacities of both heads. Uribe has repeatedly proven to defuse situations and last I saw a picture of Hugo Chávez, along with Spanish King Juan Carlos. Both laughing and we all remember from the earlier incident between the two has been. "

Gas
Another issue that goes to the Prime Minister Verhagen to cut the gas is currently taking place around the territorial waters of Aruba. "Right now is a piece area named Gordon 3, just on the border with the waters of Aruba by searching for oil company Chevron gas. This course is an indication that there may be something within our waters. "Eman said that according to international rules for certain options in a border area where gas is found. "One is that both countries approach each other and to try to come to an agreement, there was an indication of how the gas is distributed in the land of the two countries, the income divide. Would this not be possible, but you should consider yourself to go drilling. For a gas bubble does not stop at borders. If on the other side is drilled, then the raw material removed from our territory and that of course you can not passively to see happen. "Eman says so with the Dutch Minister Verhagen Venezuela to approach in order to agree on gas exploration in the area . The premier said that there were already talks with Chevron in Venezuela, but that developments were not there then as now and that is the next stage.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1075 on: November 21, 2009, 12:12:44 AM »

I believe he is referring to the Cardon 3 block,as we've posted before.Black Gold being sucked right out from underneath their ROCK..Wouldn't that be an interesting twist,"IF",Silvetti sold that mapping to Chevron,and or Venezuela....Just a thought.....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1076 on: November 21, 2009, 12:24:22 AM »

Hypothetical."If" Silvetti and Schaeffer went down to map for OIL,which i believe they did,were they mapping to see how far north the cardon block reserves went?If they go far enough north,that means Aruba could potentially be losing Billions of dollars in OIL me thinks....Thoughts!

It would be interesting to say the least!It would be interesting to know the calculations of the size of that oil reserve that was "HIT"..Aruba sittin on black gold,all the while,it's being pumped right out from underneath them!Courtesy of? And they think tourism is where the money is at....  This is all hypothetical me thinks!

BUMP....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1077 on: November 21, 2009, 12:37:28 AM »

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1078 on: November 21, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_65367.php

Google translation:

Aruba Colombia and Venezuela map conflict in the Netherlands

November 20, 2009, 12:46 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

ORANGE CITY - Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP) with the Dutch Foreign Minister Maxime Verhagen (CDA) talk about the conflict between Colombia and Venezuela and the possible implications for Aruba. The Prime Minister leaves on Sunday for an official introductory visit in which he, alongside an audience with Queen Beatrix, is also holding talks with Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende (CDA) and the Ministers of Transport and Defense.

Eman says the situation in Colombia and Venezuela to keep constant watch. "We recently received the visit of Venezuelan consul, and this issue was also raised. We feel that the soup is always eaten as hot as it is served. But it remains a tense situation. "Eman says there still to assume that the United States and the heads of Venezuela and Colombia, Álvaro Uribe and Hugo Chávez will keep a cool head. "I have confidence in the diplomatic capacities of both heads. Uribe has repeatedly proven to defuse situations and last I saw a picture of Hugo Chávez, along with Spanish King Juan Carlos. Both laughing and we all remember from the earlier incident between the two has been. "

Gas
Another issue that goes to the Prime Minister Verhagen to cut the gas is currently taking place around the territorial waters of Aruba. "Right now is a piece area named Gordon 3, just on the border with the waters of Aruba by searching for oil company Chevron gas. This course is an indication that there may be something within our waters. "Eman said that according to international rules for certain options in a border area where gas is found. "One is that both countries approach each other and to try to come to an agreement, there was an indication of how the gas is distributed in the land of the two countries, the income divide. Would this not be possible, but you should consider yourself to go drilling. For a gas bubble does not stop at borders. If on the other side is drilled, then the raw material removed from our territory and that of course you can not passively to see happen. "Eman says so with the Dutch Minister Verhagen Venezuela to approach in order to agree on gas exploration in the area . The premier said that there were already talks with Chevron in Venezuela, but that developments were not there then as now and that is the next stage.

English Version of the article:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_65397.php

Aruba raises conflict between Venezuela and Columbia with the Netherlands

20 Nov, 2009, 11:27 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD — Minister-president Mike Eman (AVP) will be raising the matter of the conflict between Columbia and Venezuela and the possible consequences thereof for Aruba with the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs, Maxime Verhagen (CDA). The Premier will be leaving this Sunday for an official acquaintance, where he will meet with Premier Jan Peter Balkenende (CDA) and the Ministers of Transport and Defense, besides being received in audience by Queen Beatrix.

Eman said he is constantly keeping an eye on the situation in Columbia and Venezuela. “This subject had also been touched on during a recent visit from the Venezuelan consul. We feel that things are never as bad as they seem. However, it remains a tense situation.” Eman said he assumes that the United States and the heads of state of Columbia and Venezuela, Álvaro Uribe and Hugo Chávez, would stay levelheaded. “I have confidence in the diplomatic capacities of both heads of state. Uribe has proven several times that he could mollify situations and I had recently come across a picture of Hugo Chávez and the Spanish King Juan Carlos. Both of them had been smiling at the time, even though all of us still recall the earlier incident between those two.”

Extraction of gas
The Premier will also be raising the extraction of natural gas with Minister Verhagen, which is currently taking place in Aruba’s territorial waters. “Oil Company Chevron is currently searching for natural gas in an area named Cordon 3, just along the border of Aruba’s waters. Of course, this could indicate a discovery of something within our waters.” In this, Eman states that according to international regulations, certain options are possible if natural gas is discovered at a border territory. “One of the options implies that both countries make contact to come up with an agreement on the division of revenues, if there is an indication as to how the gas is divided in the sea floor of the relevant countries. If an agreement cannot be reached, one will have to consider drilling themselves as a gas deposit does not stop at a border. Raw material will also be removed from our territory if any drilling is done on the other side. Of course, we cannot simply just stand there and watch.” Therefore, Eman wants to approach Venezuela together with the Dutch Minister Verhagen to make agreements on gas extraction in the area. The Premier states that there had been previous conversations with Chevron in Venezuela. A follow-up conversation would take place later on, as developments had not progressed that far yet.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1079 on: November 23, 2009, 01:47:19 PM »

I believe he is referring to the Cardon 3 block,as we've posted before.Black Gold being sucked right out from underneath their ROCK..Wouldn't that be an interesting twist,"IF",Silvetti sold that mapping to Chevron,and or Venezuela....Just a thought.....

Well, we KNOW that Persistence was right there doing their mapping.  That article talks about border waters - and Aruban waters only go out what......6 miles or something?

So yeah - if that's just a typo for Cardon 3 - which it appears to be from the 2nd article TxMom posted -  then yes, that answers a LOT of our suppositions, now doesn't it?

I mean, who else in recent times has been MAPPING the ocean floor in that area aside from Persistence? 

THANK YOU TxMom for that article!!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.