March 28, 2024, 01:46:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OIL & GAS PIPELINE INFO  (Read 805928 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1100 on: December 20, 2009, 11:14:16 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_66593.php

Google translation:

Premier Eman surprised by statements Chavez

December 19, 2009, 11:56 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

ORANGE CITY - Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP) claims to be surprised by the statements of Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez. This was during the climate summit in Copenhagen said that the Netherlands and the U.S. on the ABC islands are arming in preparation for a possible invasion of his country.

"A few weeks ago we were approached by the Venezuelan government. They were interested in sending a trade mission to the ABC-islands with the energy ministers to discuss possible cooperation in oil company PdVSA. Since we were obviously very positive about it as a major oil producer that such fuel could make to WEB "said Eman.

Initially the mission was called off, but the prime minister says the Dutch government to have given that it still could be. "Since they responded very positively," said Eman. "I saw in any case no voltage from Venezuela." The Prime Minister said that he did this time, as indicated by the Dutch State Secretary of Defense, Jack de Vries (CDA). "Against the State, I said we just got good vibes from Venezuela and they wanted us to discuss possible cooperation on energy."

Eman indicates that Venezuela has repeatedly recognized that the border treaty in 1977 they together with the Kingdom of the Netherlands had signed. In this border treaty, the exact sea and air borders to the south of the ABC Islands and north of Venezuela indicated. The Bolivarian Republic of Chavez, according to Department of External Relations two years ago have ratified these limits. Eman: "I therefore do not doubt that what the territory is divided into that agreement. I have confidence in the interview that the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs today met with the Venezuelan ambassador in the Netherlands believe that clarity is also below from the side of Venezuela. This weekend we hear about the outcome of this conversation. Then we know or we have to contribute to the conversation so as to soothe the minds. "The Aruban prime minister would hold for the moment that Chavez's recent statements in Copenhagen especially power display will show. "I think you should especially in this light that we see and mutually beneficial to clarify each other will create."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1101 on: December 20, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_66590.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Negotiations stalled with Petro China

December 19, 2009, 11:54 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Aruba has not yet received word back from oil company Petro China in the negotiations surrounding the acquisition of Valero refinery. It says Minister Mike de Meza (AVP) Finance, Utilities, Energy and Communications.

Since the visit of the Meza to the U.S. office of Petro China in New York and the subsequent conference call, the Chinese state oil company has never heard of. "I think this is regrettable," said Meza. "But we regularly send messages to their side with the message that we want to continue negotiations like." Aruba being, and Petro China agreement on several issues including the payment of profits tax, the maintenance of the Aruban law, where and when arbitration should be applied and the priority of Aruban workers. Major points of contention are the degree of investment by Petro China in the refinery and the refinery or whether or not full seasons with the surgery.

Premier Mike Eman (AVP) points out that a takeover begins and ends with Valero. "They own the refinery. Only when we got a signal from which they indicated their progress with Petro China we went with them to the table so the discussions from that time would run simultaneously. "Eman says also that the Aruban government simultaneously to both the Dutch and Mexican and Brazilian governments have indicated that Aruba would be interested in an acquisition or a partnership with Valero by PEMEX or Petrobras. "This fact was known to them and it could be a message from one of them may come back." The prime minister points out that it is currently negotiating with a difficult deadline. Valero also ask why he wants to negotiate with Petro China and possibly other partners to give more time before deciding to permanently close the refinery. Eman remains hopeful. "There are several options. Valero has so far not ruled out the mogleijkheid to work on Aruab to put on a back burner. There is also the possibility that they were going to only store, and then again to produce when the situation better. "

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1102 on: December 21, 2009, 05:47:39 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_66647.php

Google translation:

"Aruba is not at all costs with Petro China '

December 21, 2009, 13:08 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

ORANGE CITY - Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP) says that Aruba is not at all costs going into the sea with Petro China. He said this in response to reports about the alleged role of PetroChina and its parent company China National Petrolium Corporation (CNPC) in the genocide in Darfur, Sudan.

Petro China, despite an obvious stop in the negotiations with Aruba, the main candidate for the refinery in San Nicolas to take over. "China and companies from that country will, now they increasingly operate in other countries, to questions about human rights. We view this situation, because we do not do anything at all costs. Our priority is to open the refinery, while maintaining certain principles such as human rights. According to Eman rights were not discussed. "But indirectly it when we talked about the number of Chinese laborers who were here to work. We want job security for our people. Even if we provided that no more will safeguard the standards valid in the United States and Europe. "

"Doing business with all developed countries'
According to Minister of Finance, Utilities, Energy and Communications Mike Meza is the government of Aruba "aware" of the messages. "We screen the company also himself. The fact is that PetroChina does business in and with almost all developed countries, the United States, Netherlands, Germany, France and Spain to Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela. It is our country and through mutual agreements and legislation to prevent disasters occur or that companies make abuse of a country. We are now working through contracts to prevent this happening in some other countries have done. "If there really is one of human rights abuses by business and the Netherlands and other countries here to speak, Aruba also is acting appropriately, De Meza said. He published several reports in the media and it is difficult to verify them all. "We keep in touch with international organizations that monitor the situation."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1103 on: December 23, 2009, 01:45:53 PM »

12/22/2009 Bondia Aruba

http://www.bondia.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=2

Front Page (Agustin Vrolijk, Director of the Department of Foreign Affairs of Aruba  pictured here)

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1104 on: December 23, 2009, 04:25:29 PM »

Great post TM...I was reading up on similar stuff when i looked at your post...

I would like to know when these talks were,and with whom?Very interesting

Extraction of gas
The Premier will also be raising the extraction of natural gas with Minister Verhagen, which is currently taking place in Aruba’s territorial waters. “Oil Company Chevron is currently searching for natural gas in an area named Cordon 3, just along the border of Aruba’s waters.

Of course, this could indicate a discovery of something within our waters.” In this, Eman states that according to international regulations, certain options are possible if natural gas is discovered at a border territory.

“One of the options implies that both countries make contact to come up with an agreement on the division of revenues, if there is an indication as to how the gas is divided in the sea floor of the relevant countries.

If an agreement cannot be reached, one will have to consider drilling themselves as a gas deposit does not stop at a border. Raw material will also be removed from our territory if any drilling is done on the other side. Of course, we cannot simply just stand there and watch.”

Therefore, Eman wants to approach Venezuela together with the Dutch Minister Verhagen to make agreements on gas extraction in the area. The Premier states that there had been previous conversations with Chevron in Venezuela.

http://sxmislandtime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8787:aruba-raises-conflict-between-venezuela-and-columbia-with-the-netherlands&catid=31:general&Itemid=76#s1

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1105 on: December 28, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »

CHEVRON SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN SCARED MONKEYS - WHO KNEW!

Domain Name chevron.com ? (Commercial)
IP Address 146.23.68.# (Chevron Corporation)

ISP Chevron Corporation
Location Continent North America
State:Texas
City:Houston
Lat/Long :29.7755, -95.4152 (Map)
LanguageEnglish (U.S.) en-us
Operating System Microsoft WinNT
Browser Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Javascript version 1.5
Monitor Resolution:1280 x 1024
Color Depth:32 bits
Time of Visit Aug 18 2009 4:04:10 pm
Last Page ViewAug 18 2009 4:04:10 pm
Visit Length 0 seconds
Page Views1
Referring URL http://www.chron.com...tan/6576234.html?p=3
Visit Entry Page http://scaredmonkeys...dex.php?topic=5830.0
Visit Exit Page http://scaredmonkeys...dex.php?topic=5830.0
Out Click Time Zone UTC-6:00
Visitor's Time Aug 18 2009 3:04:10 pm
Visit Number 19,013,556
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1106 on: December 29, 2009, 01:35:30 AM »

CHEVRON SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN SCARED MONKEYS - WHO KNEW!

Domain Name chevron.com ? (Commercial)
IP Address 146.23.68.# (Chevron Corporation)

ISP Chevron Corporation
Location Continent North America
State:Texas
City:Houston
Lat/Long :29.7755, -95.4152 (Map)
LanguageEnglish (U.S.) en-us
Operating System Microsoft WinNT
Browser Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Javascript version 1.5
Monitor Resolution:1280 x 1024
Color Depth:32 bits
Time of Visit Aug 18 2009 4:04:10 pm
Last Page ViewAug 18 2009 4:04:10 pm
Visit Length 0 seconds
Page Views1
Referring URL http://www.chron.com...tan/6576234.html?p=3
Visit Entry Page http://scaredmonkeys...dex.php?topic=5830.0
Visit Exit Page http://scaredmonkeys...dex.php?topic=5830.0
Out Click Time Zone UTC-6:00
Visitor's Time Aug 18 2009 3:04:10 pm
Visit Number 19,013,556

Hope you've had a great holiday season so far Kermit..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1107 on: December 29, 2009, 01:37:42 AM »

Good Stuff TM..I'm still curious as to whom really needed the mapping more and,who was willing to pay more,and or offer a tax haven...TICK-TOCK....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1108 on: December 29, 2009, 03:02:58 AM »

Good Stuff TM..I'm still curious as to whom really needed the mapping more and,who was willing to pay more,and or offer a tax haven...TICK-TOCK....

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1109 on: January 05, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »

1/5/2010 Awe Mainta Page 4

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

Papiamentu translation:

valero not anuncia at gobierno cu they will close definitely
gabinete mike eman and trahando strongly for wanta the refineria open

mirando cu in comunidad have various rumor cu valero did take the decision of close his portanan definitely, owing to ask about minister mike de meza on this. past owing to indica cu the also owing to wordo acerca for several person cu the same question here, but cu neither the self neither previous to minister mike eman not know of esaki; cu the news here not owing to arrive close they via of valero.

at the momentonan here they're in conversacion cu valero y at none instant they owing to anuncia one ciere definite of the refineria.

for thing is petrochina, minister of meza owing to indica cu they're wardando still on they after cu they owing to notifica gobierno at december cu they will sit cu valero at table again for discuti some sharp. can owing to compronde cu one delegacion of petrochina will wanted come aruba for talk cu gobierno, but not have date stipula still.

all the time the negociacionnan is canando his caminda, gobierno is dunando prioridad y poniendo presion for come at one solucion of the problem here. minister de meza owing to recorda con gobierno anterior owing to rechaza the oferta cu valero owing to place on table y cu cualkier another country will owing to tume cu hand open. today we is in one situation much more dificil y lastimamente valero do not ofrece the pakete ey bek. the is bay more far still y is count ; cu hour at the nivelnan of more high of valero owing to achieve know cu gobierno owing to rechaza they oferta, did take the decision of close the refineria y sell. now is luchando cu the bad decision of gobierno anterior.

also minister de meza owing to count ; cu hour they was in formacion owing to haci peticion for her negociadornan of petrochina come aruba for talk cu they for see cual is the status y for bay in one conversacion cu they. “gobierno anterior for miss of capacidad or for ignorancia does not owing to sit negocia cu the various companianan here, even petrochina owing to tell we hour they owing to come bishitanos cu they was frustra for cu the actitud of the gobierno anterior cu hour they sit cu they at table they was feel cu the hendenan here not was earnest y had one arogancia overall.

petrochina at the momentonan ey was at sharp for stop all negociacion cu aruba”. this minister mike de meza owing to trece fast for show in what situation the gobierno anterior owing to place aruba in dje.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1110 on: January 05, 2010, 10:14:16 PM »

1/5/2010 Bondia Aruba Page 18

http://www.bondia.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=2

Papiamentu translation:

mike eman y avp owing to go back earn the trahadornan of valero mike, tell people cu merca owing to ask the netherlands for not coopera cu petrochina, because the petroleum will come of venezuela

according faction mep

oranjestad - at january 1988 henny eman, ex-lider of avp y the time ey ministro chairman owing to company for desmantela y clip at piece pida the refineria y sell the restonan because; iron old in exterior. the time ey schotte b. v. of the netherlands y west coast of merca owing to come cu the skernan big for clip all cos y we people can owing to wel of forget upstairs one refineria.

thanks at mep cu owing to earn the eleccion of 6 of january 1989, cu we owing to stop at once the desmantelacion, stop the coramento y sinc viaha rond world owing to trece coastal aruba for her re-apertura of the refineria at san nicolas. owing to costa coastal biyones of dollar papor owing to percura for owing to re-apertura, because gabinete eman and owing to give wickland oil the terminal, the reefbirthnan y majority of the tanknan cu still not owing to being clip. the curashi y determinacion demonstra for gabinete oduber owing to save the refineria for her empleadonan, contratistanan y for we economia. mature is cu during 1986 for 1988 san nicolas was one ghost town, where could you owing to let one needle cay in mainstreet y listen esaki; tiendanan casi all owing to close.

henny eman all desespera for earn people owing to take away one barco of war fill cu mariniernan mericano all dress at blanco, owing to march fast in the cayanan at san nicolas y owing to declara cu san nicolas will bay become one port or call for barconan crucero etc. one another trip they owing to take away one bus fill cu tourist for march in ghost town. both actividad owing to being haci one sun trip y never more!

if not was for majority of the people votador at 1989 cu owing to core malemente cu gabinete eman, dunando mep 12 asiento y avp only 6 asiento (12-6), today we not can owing to neither talk of one refineria, corda on one re-apertura even the time ey gabinete eman owing to dicidi for muda web for bay at the lugar contamina for her refineria for bay produci away coriente for comunidad. all the bad intencionnan here the being father for gabinete oduber. today we is open 2010 cu the same situation, where already the comper of mike eman in camara of comercio owing to let the ballon bay cu we people have to sina live without one refineria y cu san nicolas, same cu at 1988 have to become one port or call y have to take away the containerhaven for san nicolas. here are you see cu is the same "expertonan" on kruk of 1988 is yudando mike eman for desmantela, clip the refineria for piece pida.

mike eman owing to viaha do vez for the netherlands cu all one delegacion, owing to bay venezuela, curacao. mike of meza owing to bay new york, the such otmar, benny sevinger, visser also owing to bay keiro y dance on day of kingdom at the netherlands, the ministro plenipotenciario at the netherlands in 2 month owing to come 3 vez cabo keiro at aruba y the such otmar is more at merca cu at aruba, but in all the viahe y pachanganan here not was have just nothing of habrimento of the refineria. strano cu avp still is believe cu we will believe they storia in the caso of the refineria. tell people cu merca owing to ask the netherlands for not coopera cu petrochina, because the petroleum will come of venezuela. recientemente mike eman owing to go back earn cu the relacion among the netherlands y venezuela owing to fix during his estadia at caracas, because already before end of ana owing to leave one articulo of chairman chavez cu mike eman is one mentiroso patalogico, organiza y structura for the netherlands. we know cu gabinete eman owing to let we governor tell in his discurso of end of ana - cu mike eman is politicamente responsable therefore this cu we have to bay custumbra of one aruba without one refineria. then this is become of two vez cu gabinete eman is desmantela y clip the refineria for bendele because; iron old in exterior.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1111 on: January 07, 2010, 01:03:45 AM »

Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Valero Confirms Talks For Aruba Complex Sale

By Steve Gelsi
MarketWatch Pulse
NEW YORK -- Valero Energy Corp. has confirmed that it's in talks to sell its 235,000 barrel-a-day refinery in the Caribbean nation of Aruba, according to reports late Tuesday. Recently-elected Aruba Prime Minister Mike Eman said through a spokesman that Valero is in talks with PetroChina, but the refining giant declined to identify the prospective buyer. The facility, which accounts for about a third of Aruba's gross domestic product, has been on the sales block for more than a year.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/energy/valero-confirms-talks-aruba-complex-sale/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxbusiness%2Flatest+%28Text+-+Latest+News%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1112 on: January 14, 2010, 07:18:05 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/15280/5/#comments

Papiamentu translation:

diabierna gobierno of aruba will give conferencia on situation of refineria valero

thursday, 14 january 2010 - 17:43

gobierno of aruba diahuebs nightfall owing to come across cu ehecutivonan of refineria valero. they owing to arrive aruba on one vuelo priva of merca. minister mike de meza y also first minister mike eman owing to sit cu ehecutivonan of valero at aruba y merca. now they have one mihor view on the situation of the refineria y direccion cu the refineria at aruba wanted go. speculacion have much but diabierna morning first minister owing to confirma at 24ora.com cu they will splica the comunidad what is the situation. on cara of the mandatarionan can owing to see if cu they not was show of have one cara of mucho preocupacion. esey end is show good indicacion cu the meeting will not was so bad.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1113 on: January 15, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_67513.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Valero Oil companies and PDVSA in Government

January 15, 2010, 12:29 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The Aruban government yesterday met with representatives of Valero in San Antonio and the Venezuelan oil company PDVSA.

The delegations of the two companies arrived in private jets on the island. Immediately after arrival, they would have gone to the Government Office for talks with Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP) and Minister of Finance, Utilities, Energy and Communications Mike de Meza (AVP). Venezuela reportedly flew from representatives of the Government announced. After the talks the delegations departed again.

Earlier this week said the government of Curaçao met with the Government of Curacao and representatives of PDVSA and the regime of Hugo Chávez at the last minute, with the request or visit the neighboring island to begin in February could be done. Note also that Petro China, so far the main candidate to take over the refinery, not present at the talks. It is known that PetroChina and PDVSA have a contract at a favorable price for oil supply.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1114 on: January 16, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_67571.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Interested in PdVSA refinery

January 16, 2010, 14:30 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The Venezuelan state oil company PDVSA has also shown interest in the Aruba refinery in San Nicolas. Thursday arrived representatives of the Venezuelan government and the company to talk with the Aruban government on the future of the refinery. Even executives from the headquarters of Valero had come over.

It is not known whether the Venezuelans to buy the refinery or otherwise share in the refinery would have. The negotiations that took place yesterday, according to the Aruban government seemed in a good direction to go. There was an urgent press conference that the government important news about refinery step forward. That press conference was canceled.

The delegations of both PDVSA and Valero have since returned home. Last night showed late premier Mike Eman (AVP) said Tuesday hopefully more to tell about the future of the refinery.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1115 on: January 16, 2010, 03:34:48 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_67583.php

Valero and PDVSA Oil companies meet government

15 Jan, 2010, 13:43 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD — The Aruban government spoke with representatives of Valero from San Antonio and with the Venezuelan oil company PDVSA.

The delegations of both companies had arrived on the island with private jets. Immediately after arrival, they had supposedly left for the Administration office for conversations with Premier Mike Eman (AVP) and Minister of Finance, Utilities, Communication and Energy, Mike de Meza (AVP). It was reported that representatives of the government had also flown in from Venezuela. The delegations had left again after the conversations.

Earlier this week, the government of Curaçao had cancelled an encounter with the government Venezuela and representatives of PDVSA and the regime of Hugo Chávez at the last minute, with the request whether the visit of the neighboring island could be adjourned until the beginning of February. It was also remarkable that PetroChina, until now the most important candidate for take-over of the refinery, was not present with the conversations. However, it is known that PetroChina and PDVSA have an agreement to deliver oil against a favorable price.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1116 on: January 17, 2010, 02:09:40 PM »

Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Valero Confirms Talks For Aruba Complex Sale

By Steve Gelsi
MarketWatch Pulse
NEW YORK -- Valero Energy Corp. has confirmed that it's in talks to sell its 235,000 barrel-a-day refinery in the Caribbean nation of Aruba, according to reports late Tuesday. Recently-elected Aruba Prime Minister Mike Eman said through a spokesman that Valero is in talks with PetroChina, but the refining giant declined to identify the prospective buyer. The facility, which accounts for about a third of Aruba's gross domestic product, has been on the sales block for more than a year.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/energy/valero-confirms-talks-aruba-complex-sale/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxbusiness%2Flatest+%28Text+-+Latest+News%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

Chinese interest in oil-prospecting near Aruba

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber(r) explaining what Aruba has to offer to Chinese investors.

Oduber is invited to officially open the promotion offices in China next month.
The representatives of Kang Mei-Group have arranged a large number of meetings for the Prime Minister with top Chinese officials and business representatives.

The Chinese economy is growing at a very fast pace and the eyes of China are set on doing business with South America. Oduber will make use of the invitation as a great opportun ity to build on solid economic ties between China and Aruba. One of the goals of Oduber is to diversify Aruba's tourism sector that is at present very dependent on the U.S.

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber will visit China in May with a delegation consisting out of 3 additional persons that include Augustine Vrolijk (Director Foreign Affairs), Frendsel Giel (Assistant Managing Director, Aruba Investment Bank) and Greg Peterson (Director, Freezone Aruba).

<END QUOTE>

On 5-24-06 ARUBAAN's news-sourced "Amigoe.com" reported:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1117 on: January 19, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_67663.php

Google translation:

Petrobras still interested in refinery

January 19, 2010, 12:20 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

ORANGE CITY - The Brazilian state oil company Petrobras has again shown interest in the Valero refinery in Aruba to take over. "The interest has come from both sides", said Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP). "We have through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Netherlands again sent the message that we remain interested and that the refinery is still available."

Petrobras in 2008 and 2009 twice expressed interest in taking over the refinery. Both times, however, bounced off the acquisition. First by a fire in one of the vacuum units of the refinery and then by the decision of the Brazilian oil company to temporarily invest in their own country.

Subsequent purchaser
Amigoe reported last week that the Venezuelan oil company PDVSA has shown a serious interest in the refinery. Current owner Valero seems to turn not completely bored with the idea of a possible restart. "They come back to Aruba this week, so we at least for the period in which there is no restart, make arrangements with each other," said Eman. The prime minister points out, however, that these contacts may have motives other than a restart. "That you never know. If they negotiate a set of conditions, might as well be that they want just by selling package together with the refinery. So you never know when they next one buyer to the negotiating. "

Wait -
Premier Eman with Petro China claims that "many ups and downs are. "We thought we had a breakthrough and that would be signed, and then it got quiet again. It seems to take decisions for companies such as Petro China Beijing to be taken anyway. This is a rather complex decision making and facilitate the process not really. "The prime minister acknowledges that Petro China, but also PDVSA until recently, was probably waiting because they wanted to wait until the price for the refinery was also dropped. "Everyone knows that the oil market at present is not good. If you buy now, it means that you sit on a refinery that can be restarted only when it is financially feasible. The company now buys the refinery, will bear the same costs that Valero has now. That includes 600 to 700 employees might not be able to start immediately. "Eman For it is important that there is certainty about the future of the refinery and its employees.

Other future refinery
The prime minister points out that the Aruban government Valero four times so far had not been given its own employees to dismiss. During the upcoming three-day visit to Valero Aruba, that from tomorrow, Eman wants representatives of the oil company once again to urge the workers on the payroll account. Against Valero has said that the dismissal of the government employees would otherwise look for continuity of the refinery. "There are many people who think that Aruba should be looking to another development. But most people find that, while there is a chance that we all have jobs to do to save those 600 people. Within that context is everything done to the refinery a future, "says Eman.

MP Andin Bikker (PDR) is a debate in parliament with the government including the future of the refinery. He is deeply concerned about employment, now redundant in many other sectors.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1118 on: January 20, 2010, 11:35:29 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/index.php

Papiamentu translation:

valero is company acuerdo cu gobierno

local

thursday, 21 january 2010 - 00:14

diaranson night ehecutivonan of valero owing to company one acuerdo cu gabinete mike eman. after of reunionan intesivo last late, diahuebs morning will give one conferencia of prensa. stay pendiente more informacion... come across

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish translation:

valero is company agreed government cu

local

thursday, 21 january 2010 - 00:14

diaranson night ehecutivonan of one company valero Owing to agree cabinet mike cu eman. after intestinal last beats of meetings, will give one diahuebs morning of press conference. stay pending more information ... come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1119 on: January 21, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_67759.php

Google translation:

Half year job guarantee for refinery personnel

January 21, 2010, 12:35 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

Valero CEO Martin Parish signs the agreement, while Premier Mike Eman (AVP) happy watching.

ORANGE CITY - The Government last night and Valero have reached an agreement allowing the nearly 700 employees of the refinery in San Nicolas until June of this year to retain their jobs. The government also eliminated the 1 percent tax on exports BBO-off, allowing Valero waives the arbitration that it had brought. The U.S. oil company also bulk 200 million florin in the national treasury. In a sale is agreed that Valero another 10 million U.S. dollars 'bonus' pay, says Premier Mike Eman (AVP) Amigoe this morning.

The deal is about 85 percent of the total amount that the government still wanted Valero get cashed. With the payment of 200 million florin, the government in any way reduce any tax claims. These are the amount still owed on Valero Aruba bbo. The oil company had 200 million florin already put away in an escrow account in anticipation of a possible loss of the arbitration case. In this case also came late last year to a partial ruling, which Valero was still obliged to overdue dividends and exchange commission meeting. This was an amount of 35 million florin involved. Against this ruling was appealed, however Valero. The oil company had no profits to pay because of the still existing tax holiday.

Last week it was already known that the government again and Valero intensive talkers on the future of the refinery, which was closed last year. Last night around eleven hours were in the Government Office the Prime Minister, the ministers Mike Meza and Benny Sevinger, Valero's vice president of regional operations Refinary Martin Parish and CEO Valero Aruba Ray Buckley, after one days of negotiations until a new agreement. Eman says is somewhat a battle for the arm to keep the agreement because he first wants to submit to Parliament. The agreement does indeed affect the legislation. Thus, the PDO-law be modified so the 1 percent tax on exports expires. Also, the IPC Act (tax credits for imputation PLCs) are adjusted. Now the tax exemption (tax holiday) for Valero expires, the agreement is that the refinery will fall back under the tax and profit tax that they pay from 7 to 11 percent (the "standard profits tax rate is 28 percent). Last night, in any case agreed Eman said that Valero annually 10 million U.S. dollars to pay profit tax, if the oil company does not sell Aruba refinery. If the refinery is sold, then a new owner every year 15 million U.S. dollars to pay profits tax. The government also wants the settlement agreement is governed by law. This agreement must also be approved by parliament. The ruling party has a majority in the States also.

Prime Minister Eman does not know why Valero after years of conflict with the previous MEP government now come to agreements and a renewed interest in the Aruba refinery. "It's not that the situation on the oil market has become more optimistic and therefore the future of the refinery. The atmosphere in the present is certainly more flexible and constructive and not as hostile as ever. "

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.