March 29, 2024, 02:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OIL & GAS PIPELINE INFO  (Read 806157 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2009, 12:55:13 PM »

This pdf file gives the corporate profile for Superior Offshore Int'l 2008.  Listed with their Deepwater Fleet is a vessel Seamec III. 

http://www.oilandgasdirectory.com/ogd2008/pages/corporate_profile/27.pdf

Seamec Ltd contracted the use of Seamec III to CalDive

Seamec III Contract with Cal Dive

Seamec Ltd has announced with reference to earlier announcement dated April 18, 2008, that contract with CAL DIVE International Inc., 2500 City West BLVD, Texas United States for deployment of the vessel Seamec III for a period of one month with an option for extension for 4x1 week w.e.f. April 15, 2008 has come to an end on May 20, 2008.

http://www.equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=31017

Seamec III vessel to complete dry dock in July 2008

Seamec Ltd has announced with reference to the earlier announcement dated May 22, 2008 that the following completion of Contract with CAL DIVE International Inc., 2500 City West BLVD, Texas United States on May 20, 2008, the Company's vessel Seamec III remained idle for sometime and thereafter she is under statutory dry dock at Curacao. The likely completion of dry dock will be around end July 2008.

http://www.equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=33277

Edit to add:

(snipped)

The vessel is likely to go for statutory Dry Dock in May 2008.2. Further to the letter dated September 22, 2007 the Company has inform that the Companys vessel Seamec II is likely to complete its dry docking and repair by end May 2008 for the damage caused due to fire accident while in Curacao dry dock on September 20, 2007.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/businessline/stocks/announcements/141277.html

A vessel listed as Superior Offshore's & chartered by CalDive was already in the Antilles region before the Persistence search.   Hmmmmm.   

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:05:09 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »

Superior Offshore 2Q07 Numbers Down
Superior Offshore International, Inc.|Wednesday, August 15, 2007

(snipped)
In Trinidad, where we began working in June under the largest contract in our history, the customer is contracting the Seamec III, the Gulmar Condor and the Crossmar 14

http://www.rigzone.com/NEWS/article.asp?a_id=49019

I guess Trinidad was where the ship was prior to Curacao....and this was posted prior.  It's getting hard to remember all this stuff.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »

Great Finds 2NJ!  I think that We need Our buddy Lifesong to make Us a Timeline from this thread...seriously...I'm in total agreement with You that this stuff is hard to keep track of..

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2009, 01:27:04 PM »

Great Finds 2NJ!  I think that We need Our buddy Lifesong to make Us a Timeline from this thread...seriously...I'm in total agreement with You that this stuff is hard to keep track of..

Haven't seen Lifesong around much lately, and considering all the work done on the other "New" timeline, I'm not asking!!!!!!!       

Now, I wonder what the statutory drydock is all about and why Curacao?   Then, while in drydock, there's a fire???     

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2009, 01:27:08 PM »

That ship is currently registered in India

Number

IMO

Ship Name
SEAMEC III

Call Sign
VWZX

Ship Type
Diving Ship

DWT2067

DOB

Flag
India

http://e-ships.net/index/S10.shtml
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: May 29, 2009, 01:28:41 PM »

Haven't seen Lifesong around much lately, and considering all the work done on the other "New" timeline, I'm not asking!!!!!!!       

Now, I wonder what the statutory drydock is all about and why Curacao?   Then, while in drydock, there's a fire???     

IIRC, statutory drydock means that the ship MUST go into drydock on a regularly scheduled maintenance program.

Curacao..............

Well hmm.......
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »

That ship is currently registered in India

Number

IMO

Ship Name
SEAMEC III

Call Sign
VWZX

Ship Type
Diving Ship

DWT2067

DOB

Flag
India

http://e-ships.net/index/S10.shtml

Yes, I gathered that from the links I posted and/or read, earlier.  What a web, heh?

Have a wedding to get ready for so, I may be in and out of here. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: May 29, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »

Yes - a very tangled web at that 

Have a great day, 2NJ
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2009, 01:36:06 PM »

I've got some things to do right now also but I'll be back later!

This website needs to be looked at more!

SEAMEC - III
SEAMEC-III is a multifunctional diving support vessel capable of working throughout the year in severe sea and weather conditions.

The vessel has the ability of performing a wide range of tasks including:

Single buoy mooring maintenance/removal and installations
Platform repairs-subsea / topside
Riser repairs-subsea/topside
Pipeline repairs-subsea
Fire fighting
Rescue
Pollution control

For more information, download:

SEAMEC-III Brochure (1.3 Mo - PDF)
SEAMEC-III Specifications (394 ko - PDF)

Seamec-III is on charter in Mexico effective February 2009 for firm period of six months with option for extension.

http://www.technip.com/entities/seamec/core.xml

In God We Trust!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: May 29, 2009, 01:45:09 PM »

Boy, I've run into the name technip a LOT.

Thanks Hotping!

You have a great day also - check email.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: May 29, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »

A photo of the Seamec 3 arriving in Curacao..

http://80.101.127.210/forum/zoeken/zeevaart/pietsinke/2007/2007_0716.pdf

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #331 on: May 29, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »

Interesting read...Cal-dive pops up along with Technip!

http://sec.edgar-online.com/technip/20-f-annual-and-transition-report-foreign-private-issuer/2002/06/11/Section7.aspx

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2009, 01:37:09 AM »

IIRC, statutory drydock means that the ship MUST go into drydock on a regularly scheduled maintenance program.

Curacao..............

Well hmm.......

Re: Curacao

(snipped)

As part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, with a stable industrious government, Curacao is a reliable partner for all port-related business activities. With its direct links to major markets, modern telecommunications infrastructure and competitive international financial sector, the Ports of Curacao are well-equipped for all business activities.

Strategically located just 35 miles off the coast of Venezuela, Curacao is among the region's most developed and best-organized ports. The port authority is a strong asset to the island spearheading economic development of the ports and attracting reliable partners to the island by offering competitive and efficient service that meets international standards.Throughout the centuries the main port, the Port of Willemstad, which comprises the St. Anna Bay and the Schottegat Bay, has evolved from a few simple quays to a multi-faceted maritime service center, housing several transnational companies including: 

One of the largest crude oil refinery and oil transshipment centers in the region, operated by Petróleos de Venezuela S.A. 

A state-of-the-art Curacao Container Terminal offering an extensive array of cargo facilities, operated by Curacao Port Services (CPS), Inc. 

A dynamic Free Trade Zone managed by Curinde N.V. 

The region's largest dry dock operated by Curacao Dry Dock Company Inc.

Modern cruise terminals and state-of-the-art mega cruise facility, managed by Curacao Ports Authority (CPA) N.V.

http://www.curports.com/about-curacao-strengths.html

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #333 on: May 30, 2009, 02:00:43 AM »

Curacao Drydock Company

The core of Curacao Drydock Company Inc. ship repair services,supported by an effective quality management system proven bycertification ISO 9001-2000 issued by Lloyds, consists of both mainactivities being Yard (Ship Repair, Engineering and Conversion) andPRS (Port Repair and On-Voyage Services). These activities are providedto our world wide clientele for over 45 years, resulting in a vastexperience for a wide variety of vessels Tankers (oil, product,chemical and gas), Bulk Carriers, Containerships, Ferries, Tugs, CableLayers, AHTS and Pipe Laying Barges. Additionally we are proud tomention that we are entrusted to take care of specialized vessels likeCruise Ships, Navy and Offshore Support Vessels and very soon also LNGCarriers

Our ship repair services are performed in a most safe and stableenvironment, holding ISPS accreditation (International Ship and PortFacility Security) as from the end of June 2004. The shipyard is safelylocated in the Southern Caribbean well outside the hurricane belt,Curacao offers year around favourable sunny weather conditions whilstas part of the Netherlands Antilles that again is a part of the DutchKingdom, a juridical and politically stable climate is ensured as well.

For details of our services offered (hull treatment, steel, mechanical,pipe, boiler, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and automation) as wellas our facilities (3 docks up to 150.000 DWT, 2000 meter alongsiderepairs quays and sheltered deep water bays), we kindly ask you tovisit our website, at www.cdmnv.com where additional information aboutour Shipyard is being extensively described.

All together, Curacao Drydock Company Inc. (CDM) is the place for youto go when it comes to ship repair services and it is our privilege toserve you.

http://www.vinamaso.net/directory/shipyards/curacao-drydock-company.html

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: May 30, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »

by Kevin Baxter Mar 24, 2009

Peter Barker-Homek, CEO of TAQA.

Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC (TAQA) has paid US $320 million to acquire a 50% equity stake in the Caribbean portfolio of  Marubeni Corporation.

TAQA’s acquisition was made under a 50/50 joint venture agreement with the Japanese company and the focus will be on long-term investments in the energy sector in the region.

“The closing of the transaction marks an important milestone in TAQA’s global operations. This transaction demonstrates our strategic objective to deliver profitable growth in new and existing markets,”  Peter Barker-Homek, CEO of TAQA, said. 

”We remain committed to seeking out acquisitions that offer stable cash flows and compliment our existing experience and expertise.” 

“The joint venture with Marubeni enhances our existing diversified energy portfolio and will act as a platform to explore multiple opportunities through long-term investment in the region, he added.”

The portfolio includes:

1.    55.4% equity interest in Grand Bahama Power Company in Grand Bahama
2.    80% equity interest in Jamaica Public Service Company in Jamaica, which owns and operates ten generating facilities, including six hydroelectric plants.
3.    39% equity interest in PowerGen which is an independent power producer that supplies 80% of total electricity demand in Trinidad & Tobago
4.    25.5% equity interest in Curacao Utilities Company N.V. which supplies electricity, steam and water to the Island Refinery operated by Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A. in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles

TAQA's asset base now stands at $24 billion.

http://www.arabianoilandgas.com/article-5186-taqa_make_us320_caribbean_acquisition/

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: May 30, 2009, 07:29:52 PM »

C.T.F Cienc. Tecnol. Futuro vol.3 no.3 Bucaramanga Jan./Dec. 2007

®download article in PDF format

BASEMENT CONFIGURATION OF THE NORTHWESTERN SOUTH AMERICA - CARIBBEAN MARGIN FROM RECENT GEOPHYSICAL DATA

http://www.scielo.org.co/scielo.php?pid=S0122-53832007000100002&script=sci_arttext

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: May 30, 2009, 08:45:08 PM »

The Caribbean Ocean plateau

http://www.mantleplumes.org/Caribbean.html

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31:40 PM »

Jen's Post from April

Scared Monkey

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #815 4/8/09 -
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2009, 10:47:21 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here were Chevron's plans for the area - it just looks like it takes a long time to get things in motion:

Sept 12 2005

Chevron Awarded Cardon III License in Venezuela's Rafael Urdaneta Bid Round
SAN RAMON, Calif., Sept. 12 -- Chevron Corporation's local affiliate company in Venezuela has been awarded the exploration license for the Cardon III exploration block, located offshore western Venezuela. The Cardon III block was one of seven blocks offered by the Venezuelan Ministry of Energy and Mines in the Rafael Urdaneta bid round. The block is located in an offshore region with natural gas potential on trend to the north of the prolific Maracaibo producing region
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/09/12/142713.html

Chevron to Start Cardon III Seismic Work in January (2007)

BNamericas     
Friday, December 15, 2006 

US oil major Chevron (NYSE: CVX) will start a 3D data collection program in January at the Cardon III hydrocarbons block offshore Venezuela's Falcon state, a company official told BNamericas.
"We are going to shoot seismic for the block and the planning for it is going very well," Chevron Latin America Upstream president Ali Moshiri said.

The program start will depend on equipment availability, he added.

Chevron, which bid US$5.6mn for Cardon III, was formally awarded the block in October 2005 at a ceremony attended by Venezuela's President Hugo Chávez and Moshiri.
http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=39195

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: May 30, 2009, 09:39:52 PM »

Another Post that I thought needed to be moved to this thread

Jen's Post from April

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #815 4/8/09 -
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2009, 11:05:59 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: hotping on April 09, 2009, 10:49:15 AM
Here's another interesting article....Its a long one so I will post the link and if Someone finds something interesting enough They can bring it over....

http://www.eia.doe.gov/cabs/Venezuela/Oil.html

Hotping - I could just kiss you!!!!!

From that article:
Pipelines

Venezuela has an extensive domestic oil pipeline system, providing transportation from production centers to refineries and coastal export terminals. Currently, the country does not have any export pipelines, but there has been discussion about constructing an oil pipeline to port in Colombia along the Pacific Ocean. This would facilitate greater Venezuelan crude exports to Asia, bypassing the Panama Canal bottleneck or the high costs of shipping around Cape Horn.
------------

I have been wanting for a VERY long time to get corroboration about the pipeline Oduber announced last June.

The above explains how it would work - from Colombia, thru Venezuela- to Aruba.

Here is the article from Oduber:

June 8 2008

Gas from Colombia for the production of electricity and water

ORANJESTAD – As respond on the increasing oil prices and its negative consequences for our island, the government has decided to import gas from Colombia. The electricity supply can be altered to use natural gas instead of fuel oil for an estimate of 20 millions. The production of electricity and water becomes 40 percent cheaper because of this, said Premier Nelson Oduber yesterday. “Besides, it’s going to be cleaner.”

The premier of Aruba made these comments during a press conference yesterday. He is just back from a working visit in Colombia. He took part as listener in the General Meeting of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Colombia. He met with the Colombian president Alvaro Uribe last Sunday discussed among others the energy policy. Uribe suggested supplying Aruba with natural gas, just like Colombia does with Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Panama. They agreed that the ambassador for the Kingdom will start negotiating today with the Colombian minister of Mining and energy. A delegation of representatives of WEB and Elmar intends to go to Colombia and work out the further details afterwards. This is an historic moment, said Oduber.

The premier says that altering the WEB to use natural gas instead of fuel oil must be possible in one year. WEB will take care of the costs, about 20 millions. The natural gas will have to be transported by ship in the beginning, but the construction of a pipeline must be considered on the medium- and long run. This pipeline will have to run via Venezuela to our island. Oduber thinks that this may take about 3 years. Apart from using the gas for the production of electricity and water, it can also be used for cars and in the houses. Oduber does not abandon the thoughts of other alternatives like wind- and sun energy, but these can only supply the island with a limited amount of electricity and water. Other energy sources like pet-coke and pitch are too expensive, says the premier. Also the deepwater cooling is no option. “We do not have deepwater here.”

Aqualectra-director Anton Casperson cannot judge the Aruban situation, but he considers 40 percent cheaper production costs for Curacao not reasonable. “Gas is indeed a serious option for us; especially from environmental considerations in combination with wind.”

Aqualectra is not in negotiations with the gas suppliers as yet. “The investments are high, and you must earn these back.” Aqualectra is in the process of adjusting the long-term plans as committed in the Plan 2020.

http://www.amigoe.com/english

In God We Trust!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #339 on: May 30, 2009, 09:55:10 PM »

Here ya go Hotping!   

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4827.80

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.