March 29, 2024, 06:50:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OIL & GAS PIPELINE INFO  (Read 806216 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #920 on: September 05, 2009, 02:42:27 PM »

Oh well, if anyone that can't open it is interested in more just ask and I'll post some screen shots of the pages.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #921 on: September 06, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »

Home  Members News  BJ Services Opens New Process and Pipeline Services Base in The Netherlands BJ Services Opens New Process and Pipeline Services Base in The Netherlands
BJ Services announced that it has opened a new base in Oirschot near Eindhoven, The Netherlands. The new base, which replaces the previous process and pipeline services base in Oirschot that had been operating since 2001, is part of a major investment in Continental Europe. BJ provides process and pipeline services from the facility to customers across Continental Europe and North Africa. It also serves as the new Continental Europe/North Africa (CENA) region headquarters for the process and pipeline services group.

Largest Fleet of Onshore Nitrogen Services and Pipeline Recompression Equipment in Europe
The new purpose-built 44,670-ft2 (4150 m2) base features offices for engineering, sales and operations personnel, a sizable maintenance workshop, indoor and outdoor equipment storage areas, and a state-of-the-art training facility. Designed specifically to support oil, gas and petrochemical customers across Continental Europe, the new base currently houses the largest and most diverse fleet of onshore nitrogen services equipment in Europe. It will accommodate the largest fleet of mobile pipeline recompression systems that will arrive in summer 2009 and early 2010. In addition, mobile flaring and chemical cleaning services equipment are located at the facility, giving production facilities and pipeline operators in Europe a full complement of startup and shutdown services.

"The investment in a new base in Continental Europe gives us a great platform from which to pursue new business opportunities. The increased equipment and maintenance capacity provides our customers with resources that are unrivalled in Continental Europe," said Julian Manning, manager - Continental Europe and North Africa - process and pipeline services for BJ Services. "As a result, we are in a position to offer customers a greater range of options, particularly during unplanned shutdowns. In addition, we can mobilise our equipment and personnel more efficiently for our customers," he added.

The full range of BJ Services' process and pipeline services are available from Oirschot, including, but not limited to, cold and hot nitrogen services, pipeline gas recompression and mobile flaring services, chemical cleaning, hydrostatic testing, nitrogen and helium leak detection, pipe freeze isolation services, as well as pipeline and process piping cleaning and drying.

Currently, BJ Services employs nearly 50 employees at the Oirschot base who are dedicated to delivering process and pipeline services in Continental Europe. The company plans to recruit at least 10 more employees to support ongoing operations in the CENA region during 2009.

The new base in The Netherlands is the latest addition to the CENA region's network of process and pipeline services bases in Italy, Germany, France, Algeria, the United Kingdom and Libya. Julian Manning, manager - Continental Europe and North Africa - process and pipeline services for BJ Services, has operational responsibility for the new base.

The new BJ Services base is located at:
De Stad 1A
5688 NX Oirschot
The Netherlands
Tel: +31-499-578-147
Fax: +31-499-578-816
Email: jmanning@bjservices.co.uk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

About BJ Services Company
BJ Services Company (BJS-NYSE, CBOE) is a leading provider of field development and production enhancement services to the energy industry. Other oilfield services include industrial chemicals and commissioning, and inspection services to refineries, pipelines and offshore platforms. With approximately 16,500 employees in 50 countries, the Company operates in virtually every major oil and gas-producing region of the world. For more information visit the Company's web site at www.bjservices.com.

For further information contact:
Lindsay Link, General Manager, BJ Services Company, Process and Pipeline Services, Aberdeen, Scotland
Tel: +44(0) l224 40l 40l, Email: llink@bjservices.co.uk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Sharon Roe, Managing Director, Spinnaker Communications, St Andrews, Scotland
Tel: +44 (0)l334 473 754, Email: sharon.roe@tesco.net This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

http://www.agcc.co.uk/bj-services-opens-new-process-and-pipeline-services-base-in-the-netherlands/

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: September 10, 2009, 01:57:43 AM »

There is more interesting reading at the link.....

Although Dutch crude oil production is small, the Netherlands is the third-largest producer and the second-largest net exporter of natural gas in Europe (after Norway). At year-end 2006, the country had 1.4 trillion cubic feet of natural gas reserves valued at over $166 billion. The port city of Rotterdam is one of the world's major centers for crude oil imports, trading, refining, and petrochemical production. Key import sources include Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Norway. Domestic gas resources are forecast to run out by 2030. To remain an energy player after its own resources are depleted, the Netherlands is cultivating energy relationships with potential long-term supplier countries such as Algeria, Kazakhstan, Libya, Qatar, and--most importantly--Russia. For example, Dutch gas pipeline company Gasunie, wholly owned by the Dutch Government, holds a 9% stake in Gazprom’s Nord Stream pipeline, which will transport gas from Russia to Germany under the Baltic Sea. The Netherlands’s goal is to become a gas “roundabout” for the Western Europe, meaning a hub that gathers natural gas from various sources (including the North Sea, Algerian and Qatari liquefied natural gas (LNG), and Russia), and then distributes it via pipeline to continental Europe.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3204.htm

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: September 10, 2009, 02:13:51 AM »

Explanatory Memorandum for a Natural Gas Pipeline Agreement between the UK and the Netherlands Title of Treaty
Agreement between the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands relating to the Transmission of Natural Gas Through a Pipeline between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Command Paper Number: Cm 6675 

Agreement between the Government of the United Kingdom and the Government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands relating to the Transmission of Natural Gas through a Pipeline between the United Kingdom and the Kingdom of the Netherlands (PDF, 132K)

Subject Matter
1. The Agreement covers the construction and operation of a cross-boundary sub-sea interconnecting natural gas pipeline linking the national gas transmission systems of Great Britain and the Netherlands. The interconnector pipeline lies between Anna Paulowna in the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Bacton in Norfolk (the 'Balgzand - Bacton pipeline').

2. The Balgzand – Bacton pipeline is scheduled to deliver first gas to Bacton by December 2006. Capacity will be approximately 16 billion cubic metres of natural gas per annum, in the region of 17% of the United Kingdom’s annual gas demand. While the Agreement will allow the pipeline to be used for the conveyance of gas in either direction (ie to import gas into or export gas from the United Kingdom), initial commercial contracts entered into in respect of the use of Balgzand – Bacton pipeline are for the delivery of natural gas to the United Kingdom.

3. The Agreement sets out the roles of the respective Governments in relation to the construction and operation of the pipeline. It provides inter alia, for:

a. the approval by both Governments of the operator of the pipeline

b. the right of each Government within its jurisdiction to authorise the laying and operation of the pipeline and to determine safety measures, inspection arrangements, physical security arrangements and decommissioning arrangements.

4. The Agreement provides that the pipeline may be used to carry any gas for which transportation contracts have been entered into. Provided that spare capacity is available, each Government shall use its powers to facilitate third party access to the Pipeline on fair commercial terms. However the use of such powers should not prejudice existing contractual transportation arrangements although any ‘use it or lose it’ provisions (as are set out in the licence issued to the pipeline) will continue to apply. The Article recognises that the Pipeline will initially be exempt from the United Kingdom and Dutch regulated access regimes pursuant to Directive 2003/55/EC. These exemptions have been cleared with the European Commission. The competent authorities of the two Governments shall consult with a view to ensuring that their respective regulatory regimes governing access and use are compatible.

5. The Agreement also provides for consultation between the two Governments on a range of other issues including the granting of any consents and approvals relating to the laying and operation of the sub-sea section of the pipeline, on safety arrangements for the pipeline, environmental protection, inspections, physical security and decommissioning. The two Governments are also to establish a framework for co-operation in the event of a serious disruption in natural gas supplies.

Ministerial Responsibility
The Secretary of State for Trade and Industry has responsibility for the Agreement and applying its provisions in the United Kingdom. The Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs has overall responsibility for policy concerning the United Kingdom’s relations with the Netherlands.

Policy Considerations
i) General

The UK became a net importer of natural gas on an annual basis in 2004 and import dependency is expected to increase progressively. The Energy White Paper 'Our Energy Future – Creating a Low Carbon Economy' recognised that a variety of supply routes was an important element in ensuring reliability of UK energy supplies. The Balgzand – Bacton pipeline is one of a number of projects underway to increase considerably the United Kingdom’s ability to import gas. Other such projects include increasing the UK’s capability to import gas from Norway (eg the Langeled South pipeline), the upgrade of the existing UK/Belgium gas interconnector and the development of new liquefied natural gas (LNG) import facilities.

ii) Financial

There are no significant financial implications for the UK Government. The Balgzand – Bacton pipeline is owned by commercial bodies.

iii) Reservations and Declarations

None

iv) Implementation

The Agreement will be implemented using existing statutory powers.

v) Consultation

The Agreement was drawn up in consultation between the Department of Trade and Industry and the Netherlands Ministry of Economic Affairs. All other relevant Government Departments and Agencies were consulted during the negotiations and gave their approval to the final draft of the Agreement.

Presented to Parliament: October 2005

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/publications/treaty-command-papers-ems/explanatory-memoranda/explanatory-memoranda-2005/gasnetherlands

In God We Trust!
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #924 on: September 11, 2009, 03:05:16 AM »

Hello good Monkeys....
Everyone is out because it is so late...
Just wanted to say Hi...
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: September 11, 2009, 03:36:09 AM »

I read every day...whether I'm at home in San Diego county, overseas on business (Singapore, Japan, Guam, Hawaii, London, Bahrain - or vacationing in Minn - Saint Paul or Dallas) and I have got to say....
I'm here because of all the dedicated Monkeys that have stayed the course to demand Justice for Natalee...
So I have got to ask each and every one here........That when some things are floated and even pushed that go beyond what some may feel exceed their personal  comforts zones....please, can we just address the issues and leave out the hard felt emotions...in order to critically evaluate those "things/issues'?
We are where we are at because Natalee has not received the Justice that she (or any American) deserves! We are here because Natalee's Family has not received the justice they deserve.
The critical questions/concerns raised because of the perceived actions by the aruba powers that be, perps(urine/paulass/k2/guido/freddie)/OM/ALE/american traitors on aruba/persistence american traitors are fair game for questioning.......
I want to add...questioning Robin/Dave/Tim Miller/Peter D. is ALSO fair game after 4 plus years if it leads to Justice for Natalee...wrt their actions..Folks...this is a blog dedicated to obtaining Justice for Natalee.....   
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: September 11, 2009, 03:38:15 AM »

Good Night Good Monkeys...
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: September 12, 2009, 03:57:48 AM »

I read every day...whether I'm at home in San Diego county, overseas on business (Singapore, Japan, Guam, Hawaii, London, Bahrain - or vacationing in Minn - Saint Paul or Dallas) and I have got to say....
I'm here because of all the dedicated Monkeys that have stayed the course to demand Justice for Natalee...
So I have got to ask each and every one here........That when some things are floated and even pushed that go beyond what some may feel exceed their personal  comforts zones....please, can we just address the issues and leave out the hard felt emotions...in order to critically evaluate those "things/issues'?
We are where we are at because Natalee has not received the Justice that she (or any American) deserves! We are here because Natalee's Family has not received the justice they deserve.
The critical questions/concerns raised because of the perceived actions by the aruba powers that be, perps(urine/paulass/k2/guido/freddie)/OM/ALE/american traitors on aruba/persistence american traitors are fair game for questioning.......
I want to add...questioning Robin/Dave/Tim Miller/Peter D. is ALSO fair game after 4 plus years if it leads to Justice for Natalee...wrt their actions..Folks...this is a blog dedicated to obtaining Justice for Natalee.....   
Amen...billb...We will not give Up  an angelic monkey

In God We Trust!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #928 on: September 12, 2009, 08:41:46 AM »

Well ... it is 5:30 AM and ... I have been awake since 4:30 AM.  I just can't sleep.

Maybe I am somewhat apprehensive because hubby is away fishing and ... I am alone in the house.  However ... I should have nothing to fear.  Brandi ... my 15 year old Golden Retriever ... is here to protect me from harm.  She would run up to an intruder wagging her tail and ... lick him to death.

Anyways ...

Good Morning Monkeys

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: September 12, 2009, 08:44:10 AM »

OOPS!
Maybe I am half asleep.  I posted in the wrong thread.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: September 13, 2009, 01:30:26 AM »

OOPS!
Maybe I am half asleep.  I posted in the wrong thread.

Janet
Me too....
I didn't even know this tread existed! Yesterday, when I posted, I thought I was in Natalee's tead...and couldn't understand when I didn't see my original posts....
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #931 on: September 14, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »

http://www.laprensasa.com/2.0/3/309/332178/America-in-English/Repsol-YPF-announces-huge-natural-gas-find-in-Venezuela.html

VENEZUELA-GAS/SPAIN

Repsol YPF announces huge natural gas find in Venezuela

11 de septiembre de 2009

Ampliar fotografía

Madrid, Sep 11 (EFE).- Spain's Repsol YPF said Friday it has made a natural gas discovery in Venezuela that is the biggest in the company's history and one of the largest in the world.

The offshore Perla I well, which Repsol discovered as part of an exploration partnership with Italy's Eni, could contain between 7 and 8 trillion cubic feet of gas, or enough to supply Spain's needs for five years.

The deposit, the largest ever discovered in Venezuela, is located in shallow waters off the country's northwestern coast at a depth of 60 meters (200 feet). It is situated within the Cardon IV block, which Repsol has been developing since 2006, and could have a surface of 33 square kilometers (13 square miles) and a thickness of 240 meters (785 feet).

These figures, however, must still be confirmed through additional tests.

Repsol is the operator of the well in consortium with Eni and both have a 50 percent stake, but in the production phase state-owned Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. will take a 35 percent stake, leaving Repsol and the Italian company with 32.5 percent each.

Repsol Chairman Antonio Brufau and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who is on an official visit to Spain, held an informal meeting Friday in Madrid in which the two discussed the company's presence in the country and celebrated the huge gas find.
After meeting Friday with Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, Chavez was quoted by Madrid daily El Pais as saying the discovery is something "very positive" for Venezuela and Spain.

The Venezuelan leader said that as more discoveries are made the Andean nation will become "one of the world's five biggest gas producers worldwide."

On Tuesday, the consortium made up of Repsol, Brazil's Petrobras and BG Group announced that the Guara field off Brazil's southeastern coast - discovered last July - has estimated reserves of between 1.1 billion and 2 billion barrels of light crude, equivalent to two years of consumption in Spain. EFE
Imprimir noticia Volver a "America in English"

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: September 14, 2009, 01:49:07 AM »

http://www.laprensasa.com/2.0/3/309/332178/America-in-English/Repsol-YPF-announces-huge-natural-gas-find-in-Venezuela.html

VENEZUELA-GAS/SPAIN

11 de septiembre de 2009

Ampliar fotografía

Madrid, Sep 11 (EFE).- Spain's Repsol YPF said Friday it has made a natural gas discovery in Venezuela that is the biggest in the company's history and one of the largest in the world.

The offshore Perla I well, which Repsol discovered as part of an exploration partnership with Italy's Eni, could contain between 7 and 8 trillion cubic feet of gas, or enough to supply Spain's needs for five years.

The deposit, the largest ever discovered in Venezuela, is located in shallow waters off the country's northwestern coast at a depth of 60 meters (200 feet). It is situated within the Cardon IV block, which Repsol has been developing since 2006, and could have a surface of 33 square kilometers (13 square miles) and a thickness of 240 meters (785 feet).

Repsol is the operator of the well in consortium with Eni and both have a 50 percent stake, but in the production phase state-owned Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. will take a 35 percent stake, leaving Repsol and the Italian company with 32.5 percent each.

Repsol Chairman Antonio Brufau and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who is on an official visit to Spain, held an informal meeting Friday in Madrid in which the two discussed the company's presence in the country and celebrated the huge gas find.
After meeting Friday with Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, Chavez was quoted by Madrid daily El Pais as saying the discovery is something "very positive" for Venezuela and Spain.

The Venezuelan leader said that as more discoveries are made the Andean nation will become "one of the world's five biggest gas producers worldwide."

On Tuesday, the consortium made up of Repsol, Brazil's Petrobras and BG Group announced that the Guara field off Brazil's southeastern coast - discovered last July - has estimated reserves of between 1.1 billion and 2 billion barrels of light crude, equivalent to two years of consumption in Spain. EFE
Thanks TM...This is Very Interesting..... 

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: September 15, 2009, 02:19:55 AM »

VENEZUELA-GAS/SPAIN

11 de septiembre de 2009

Ampliar fotografía

A conncetion????

News > Geolab Positioning Contract 
Geolab Positioning Contract   07/05/2008 
Veripos has been awarded a further three-year contract by Naples-based GeoLab Srl, one of Europe's leading turnkey offshore survey and construction support organisations, for provision of high-precision GNSS positioning services. The contract extends the relationship between the two companies following an earlier three-year agreement. 

Under the new agreement, Veripos will continue to provide GeoLab with a full range of proprietary globalised satellite positioning facilities extending from its Standard GNSS augmentation service to its latest Ultra Precise Point Positioning (PPP) capability which ensures decimetre-level accuracies by minimising or removing all main GPS error sources.

Together with the supply of further LD2 integrated dual frequency mobile units, Verify QC software for real-time and post-processing of data and newly-developed interactive e-learning training modules, the facilities will collectively support operations of GeoLab's group-sourced subsea survey and DP support vessels operating from regional bases in Namibia, the UAE and West Africa in addition to Italy.

Commenting on the agreement, GeoLab's Managing Director Giovanni Ranieri said: "It marks a further important stage in our relationship with Veripos who continue to provide us with optimum levels of service and support together with particularly high levels of reliability and worldwide availability".

Responding, Veripos Managing Director Tony Leary said: "We are naturally delighted to continue our close working relationship with GeoLab by supplying what we believe to be an unrivalled quality and range of positioning services which we continue to refine and develop for the benefit of a growing number of offshore users worldwide".

http://www.hydro-international.com/news/id2432-Geolab_Positioning_Contract.html

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: September 15, 2009, 03:19:07 AM »

By Bernd Radowitz and Liam Moloney
   Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
 MADRID (Dow Jones)-- A new Venezuela gas find could raise oil and gas reserves held by Repsol YPF SA (REP) by more than 20%, providing the Spanish oil firm with a much needed boost following declines in its oil and gas resources.

Repsol's reserves have fallen in recent years as oil fields matured and production contracts in several South American countries, including Venezuela, were changed.

Repsol, in an exploration partnership with Italy's Eni SPA (E), estimates that reserves at the offshore Perla 1 find in the Gulf of Venezuela could hold between 7 and 8 trillion cubic feet in recoverable reserves, equivalent to between 1.26 billion and 1.44 billion barrels of oil equivalent, or BOE, a Repsol spokesman said Monday.

Repsol and Eni would each have a 32.5% stake in future output from the field, while Venezuelan state-oil company Petroleos de Venezuela, or PdVSA, would get a 35% stake. According to the most optimistic of the recoverable reserve estimates, around 468 million BOE of Perla's reserves would be attributable to Repsol.

Repsol held 2.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent in proven reserves at the end of 2008, including those from its Argentine unit YPF. By comparison, Eni had proven hydrocarbon reserves of 6.6 billion BOE at the end of last year.

The find - the Spanish company's largest discovery ever - is good news in that it addresses one of the company's weak points, its relative lack of reserves, Banco Espanol de Credito analyst Robert Jackson said in a note.

The bank has a neutral rating and an EUR18.3 target for Repsol.

If initial reserve estimates for Perla are confirmed, recoverable volumes would be similar to that of Brazil's giant Guara field, which Repsol and its exploring partners last week said has estimated recoverable reserves of 1.1 billion to 2 billion BOE. Repsol holds a 25% stake in Guara.

But unlike the ultra-deep Guara field, Perla lies close to shore in shallow waters of only 60 meters, which would likely make production costs much cheaper.

The company said it will still take a couple of weeks before current tests are completed and it can confirm the reserve estimate for Perla. Repsol didn't say how long it would take before production may start.

Resource nationalism in Latin America has contributed to the decline in Repsol's reserves in recent years, with governments in Bolivia, Ecuador and Venezuela forcing the company into less favorable production contracts for oil and gas projects.

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has stepped up state control over the country's vast hydrocarbons resources and forced foreign oil firms into joint ventures in many oil projects, in which he gave PdVSA a majority stake.

In gas developments, however, Venezuela allows foreign companies to hold bigger stakes, the Repsol spokesman said Monday. Spain's leading news daily El Pais Saturday quoted Chavez as saying that there is no risk that the new gas reserve will be nationalized by Venezuela.

Gas found at Perla could be enough to be used in a liquefied natural gas project, Repsol Chairman Antonio Brufau was also quoted as saying in El Pais Saturday.

The Perla find is relatively less important for Eni, meanwhile, due to the Italian firm's superior reserve levels.

"Gas is important for Eni, but the current (gas) prices are so low that the (Venezuela) find isn't helping the stock," said Gianpaolo Rivano, a fund manager at GestiRe in Milan.

At 1157 GMT, Repsol shares were up 0.2%, or EUR0.04, at EUR17.77, while Madrid's IBEX-35 index fell 0.8%. At 1212 GMT, Eni shares were down EUR0.13, or 0.8%, at EUR17.24, slightly less than the 1.1% drop in Italy's benchmark FTSE Mib index.

Company Web site: http://www.repsol.com

-By Bernd Radowitz and Liam Moloney, Dow Jones Newswires, +34-91-395-8125, djmadrid@dowjones.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090914-706127.html

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #935 on: September 15, 2009, 03:32:53 AM »

Source says Chevron drilled dry hole in Gulf of Venezuela
6/10/2009 6:04:17 PM GMT

VENEZUELA: The first well drilled by US oil major Chevron (NYSE: CVX) on its Cardon III offshore block in the Gulf of Venezuela was dry, an industry source told BNamericas.

The well was recently drilled to a total depth of 9,000 feet (2,743 m), according to the source.

Chevron declined to comment on specific results from the well when contacted by BNamericas. "We are still evaluating the results of Cardon III," a Chevron spokesperson said.

While a dry hole will likely be viewed as a major setback, the Cardon III block is large and could still have large natural gas reserves.

"Such news would mean little relief for western Venezuela's widening gas deficit," an industry analyst said. "But these are also large blocks, so it may take more than one well to conclude that there are no hydrocarbons present."

Chevron said earlier in the year that it would drill one well on Cardon III during 2009, according to a 10-K filed with US securities regulator SEC in February.

The company holds a 100 percent stake in the block, and industry analysts expected the first well to cost around US$30 million. Canadian oil junior PetroFalcon (TSX: PFC) announced in January that it was opting out of its 30 percent share of the well due to market conditions.

Chevron won the block in 2005. European oil majors Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP) and Eni (NYSE: ENI) won the nearby Cardon IV block with 50 percent stakes each.

The blocks are in relatively shallow waters, 30 km (18.6 miles) west of the Paraguaná refinery complex in Venezuela's Falcón state.

Chevron began seismic studies over the Cardon III block in 2007 and secured a jackup rig from Ensco International (NYSE: ESV) last year. Ensco is one of several contractors in Venezuela to suffer recently from payment disputes with Venezuela's state oil company PDVSA.

http://www.energycurrent.com/index.php?id=2&storyid=18664

Bump

In God We Trust!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: September 15, 2009, 08:42:45 AM »

I think this is definitely one to watch.

Great digging!!!!!!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: September 15, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »

Kan Tan IV sets course for Trinidad

By Upstream staff

Canadian Superior Energy said the semi-submersible rig Kan Tan IV departed Brownsville, Texas, this morning following refurbishment, bound for Trinidad where it will spud a multi-well gas exploration programme for the company.

Canadian Superior said the AP Moller-Maersk-operated rig will drill three back-to-back exploration wells from June on its Victory, Bounty and Endeavour prospects on its Intrepid 5(c) Block about 60 miles (96 kilometres) off the east coast of Trinidad.

Canadian Superior chief executive Mike Coolen told Upstreamonline the company expected the first well to spud in mid-June.

"We've spent a lot of time this rig ready, so we know what condition it is in," he said. "The date may move one or two days, but its a realistic schedule."

The rig is owned by China's Sinopec and is being towed by marine services groups Secunda International and Tidewater. The voyage to Trinidad is expected to take three weeks.

The Kan Tan IV underwent a $60 million refit in Brownsville. It will be towed to the port of Chaguaramas in Trinidad for supplies and final drilling preparations before being moved to the Victory prospect.

All three wells are expected to be high-pressure bores more than 5000 metres deep. Each well is expected to take between 80 and 100 days to drill.

Trinidad supplies about 80% of the US's liquefied natural gas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, 11 May, 2007, 19:57 GMT  | last updated: Thursday, 26 July, 2007, 01:37 GMT

http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/article133378.ece

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: September 15, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »

Challenger Energy gets bankruptcy court protection from creditors
Sun Mar 1, 4:38 PM
The Canadian Press Email Story IM Story Printable View
By The Canadian Press

CALGARY - Challenger Energy Corp. (TSXV: CHQ.V), a junior oil and gas company with operations in the Caribbean Sea, says it has obtained an order from the Court of Queen's Bench of Alberta for bankruptcy protection from creditors under the federal Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act.

Alger & Associates Inc. was appointed court monitor under the order, Challenger said.

The order allows Challenger to keep control of its stake in an exploration property off Trinidad and Tobago and continue with the company's previously announced plan to seek strategic alternatives, including a sale of the company.

A special committee of directors was appointed to oversee this process and Peters & Co. Ltd. was hired as financial adviser.

Challenger says it has spent about US$81.4 million on exploration Block 5(c), a troubled joint venture it is a part of off the coast of Trinidad and Tobago.

Block 5 (c), the object of a dispute between two of Challenger's other partners in the exploration project, has three offshore wells. Drilling and testing of two wells have been completed.

Canadian Superior Energy Inc. (TSX: SNG.TO) owns 45 per cent of the partnership, and has been the operator, while BG Group owns 30 per cent and Calgary-based Challenger holds the remaining 25 per cent.

BG, which traces its history to the formerly government-owned British Gas, recently persuaded an Alberta court to take away Canadian Superior's control of the asset. BG said it made the move against Canadian Superior to ensure the last of the three wells is completed.

Canadian Superior Energy also faces pressure from a disgruntled shareholder, Wall Street's Palo Alto Investors, to shake up its board, and from a key lender to fully repay a $45-million credit line.

Deloitte has been appointed receiver for Canadian Superior's share of exploration Block 5 (c). The company says about US$290 million has been spent on the project so far.

Canadian Superior has said it "questions the motives" of BG, given the fact that the Canadian company has been trying to dispose of all or a portion of its Trinidad interests. The company says it is considering an appeal of the Alberta court ruling.

The block, 94 kilometres off the east coast of Trinidad, contains three wells. Two of the wells, Victory, Bounty, have been drilled and tested while there's still work to be done on the third well, Endeavour.

In a recent letter to Canadian Superior, Palo Alto also raised conflict of interest concerns over the fact Canadian Superior chairman Greg Noval has a 10 per cent interest in venture-partner Challenger.

In addition to its activity in the Caribbean, Canadian Superior also has assets off the coast of Nova Scotia, in Western Canada, in the United States and in North Africa.

Palo Alto, based in New York, is the largest single shareholder of Canadian Superior, with 8.9 per cent of the company at the end of 2008.

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/01032009/2/biz-finance-challenger-energy-gets-bankruptcy-court-protection-creditors.html

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: September 15, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »

http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-Canada/Local%20Assets/Documents/4ca_en_canadian_BGServiceListdatedMar609.pdf

BG International Limited V Canadian Superior Energy Inc. Service List

In God We Trust!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.