April 25, 2024, 10:06:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #122 4/10/09 - 4/14/09  (Read 279616 times)
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1860 on: April 14, 2009, 02:56:59 AM »

I'm very perturbed at the thought that Oprah Winfrey'll have Ants on.  I hope everyone who recognizes the Ant's PR angle will write to sponsors and boycott the show...and the sponsors.

I don't know for whom the Ants are most concerned (could it be themselves...or maybe their lowlife daughter?), but I don't think they deserve any more consideration than they've already been afforded.  They had months to win the hearts of Americans, but instead they chose to go on the offensive (be offensive?) in more ways than one.

Of course there's the off chance that Oprah Winfrey will smoke the Ants, but I highly doubt it. I think Oprah Winfrey and her producers have their own agenda that has little to do w/justice.

What a gang of pukes.     

Foggy

Hi Monkeys!

Foggy, good to see you, my friend!  I am remembering that over the years, Oprah has had a few "perps" on the show to "tell their story" and they didn't come off looking too saintly when all was said and done...

Diane Downs comes to mind.  And there have been others, too.

I'm thinking Oprah could kill the Anthonys with kindness; set a snare by offering them apparent compassion and the opportunity to have a platform... then make sure the world sees them for what they really are.  You know, really all they have to do is open their mouths.

Fingers crossed!

Hi Desi  ... I was reading backwards and just saw your post.  But I must hit the hay boo hoo. 

You've offered me some alternative thoughts about Ants appearance on Oprie, so I'll be cool and chill.

I still don't think they should be allowed any more airtime--esp. not a nat'l show such as hers. 

Oops, I said I'd be cool and chill...

I really have to boogie.  Pleasant dreams Monkeys--and to esp to you, dearest Desi!   

Foggy who is  @ the 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1861 on: April 14, 2009, 02:57:39 AM »

So much for that so-called "expert" who said that a jury is not likely to vote for the death penalty for a young, attractive mommy...  WFTV's survey, current status:

http://www.wftv.com/surveyresults/19169578/detail.html?section=news&questionum=1&answer1=1

Casey Anthony could be put to death for the murder of her daughter Caylee. Late Monday afternoon, Eyewitness News learned the State Attorney's Office will be pursuing the death penalty in the case against Casey. Do you agree with the state's decision to seek the death penalty for Casey Anthony?

Choice      Votes      Percentage of 2509 Votes
Yes    2282    91%
No       227      9%

Thank you for voicing your opinion!

There is one over at Wesh2 as well, its equally as overwhelming and both have remained so since the news broke.

Do you agree with the decision to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony?
Choice    Votes    Percentage of 1112 Votes
Yes, the evidence supports it    969    87%
No, the evidence doesn't support it.    74    7%
I don't support death penalty for anyone.    69    6%
Thank you for participating in our survey.

Wesh's was at the 90% ratio earlier today but still its rather overwhelming - this one has the option if you dont support the death penalty at all so that 6% makes a bit of a differential but minisicule compared to the majority in both polls.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1862 on: April 14, 2009, 03:17:32 AM »

Foggy, there is an overwhelming response to this Oprah interview, largely not in favor.   I flipped when I heard this morning.   All this will be is them spreading their lies & accusations of innocent people in attempt to raise reasonable doubt.   I'm appalled that Oprah who claims to be an advocate for children & voice for victims would give them a platform.  Whether she asks a hard question or not doesn't outweigh the outrage of hearing their lies & fingerpointing...ugh    The other issue is if they are getting paid to appear & yet again being accommodated with expenses all paid.  I have a major concern that they will also promote their scams with KFN & their branches they want to launch - they are being run fraudulently & more for the purpose of them being to draw income from naive donators.    Nope, this billionairess is turning out to be a fraud & doing it for ratings.   I bet she wasnt anticipating the massive negative response she received today & will continue to get.  Did she not see their lies & behavior last week in their depositions, its obvious she and her producers have not followed this case to any respectable level.

Personally, this is the last straw with Oprah for me, I'll never watch her show again for even arranging this interview much less air it.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1863 on: April 14, 2009, 04:15:33 AM »

Wow, I was unable to be here until late, late tonight.  And it was definitely "blockbuster" city!  What a day.  Thank you, Monkeys for following everything so faithfully, and for all the Monkeys that weigh in with insightful opinions, expert explanations, and the inside scoop (Yay, Blink).  It makes it easy to get all caught up...

Regarding the red/white/blue avi's -- I considered going back to my plain, unadorned avatar until closer to Memorial Day, but realized I've been spoiled by Brandi.  **blushing**  Okay, I openly admit it:  I now like to dress up!

She worked hard and made lots of lovely new "clothes" for many Monkeys who were ready to discard their Easter duds, including me.  I decided to think of it as my "Patriotic" look.  "I'm proud to be an American," etc.

((  Hugs  )) to my Monkey friends, and goodnight from (the very patriotic) Desi.

God Bless Our Caylee

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
ChihuahuaMom
Scared Monkey

LittleMan 2008 AKC top 5th agility chihuahua

« Reply #1864 on: April 14, 2009, 07:03:09 AM »

Cindy, you're no "10" either, honey.

(I have wanted to post that for a few days but have been super-busy. What is it with this "perfect 10" business, anyway? Are we sure Casey didn't rent a Bo Derek movie that night at Blockbuster, too? What a freaking nutcase.)

ITA, also, last Fri, when I saw her say a "perfect 10" I was reminded of an old country music song called Numbers by Bobby Bear
ChihuahuaMom
Scared Monkey

LittleMan 2008 AKC top 5th agility chihuahua

« Reply #1865 on: April 14, 2009, 07:15:33 AM »

With the DP back on the table, and Bozo not qualified to defend her, would LKB be her DP lawyer? Can LKB defend Casey in the state of Florida ?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1866 on: April 14, 2009, 07:34:48 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1867 on: April 14, 2009, 07:36:38 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 

Good morning!  I love the fireworks in your avi!
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1868 on: April 14, 2009, 07:38:47 AM »

I am finally getting thru the depo vids... for a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things,GA sure seems to be saying "I don't know" an awful lot....

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1869 on: April 14, 2009, 07:43:02 AM »

I am finally getting thru the depo vids... for a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things,GA sure seems to be saying "I don't know" an awful lot....

I don't think he's a rocket scientist.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1870 on: April 14, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »

Anthony could get death
Prosecutors change tactics for mom of slain toddler
By Amy L. Edwards and Sarah Lundy | Tribune Newspapers
April 14, 2009
ORLANDO — The Florida State Attorney's office will seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, the mother of slain toddler Caylee Anthony.

The move reverses an earlier decision made by prosecutors.

In a notice filed Monday, prosecutors stated that additional information has become available since they filed their initial waiver of intent to seek the death penalty on Dec. 5. The filing says "sufficient aggravating circumstances exist to justify the imposition of the death penalty."

The remains of Caylee Marie Anthony were found a week after prosecutors made the earlier filing. The girl was 2 when she disappeared in June, and her case has drawn national attention

A State Attorney's office spokeswoman would not comment on their decision.

Marti Mackenzie, a spokeswoman for Jose Baez, Anthony's defense lawyer, told the Orlando Sentinel: "This is not a death penalty case. We will do whatever is necessary to defend Casey Anthony from the state trying to take her life. We already have death-qualified defense lawyers on our team and are prepared for a vigorous defense."

Terence Lenamon, a Miami attorney who was once part of Anthony's defense team, gave prosecutors a report in November outlining why the mother should not receive the death penalty.

"I'm greatly disappointed the State Attorney's office has decided to take this route," he said Monday.

Lenamon said this may be a sign that there is a potential weakness in the state's case. Prosecutors may want "death-qualified jurors"—jurors who are willing to sentence someone to death. Those jurors are more apt to convict defendants, he said.

"It changes the dynamics of everything," he said.

It's unclear whether Lenamon will rejoin the defense team. He said he spoke with Baez on Monday, and Baez is reviewing a list of death-penalty-qualified attorneys.

Baez will have to add such a co-counsel if he wishes to continue as lead attorney, should the case indeed become a death penalty case.

Meanwhile, legal experts called the latest development very unusual.

Robert Jarvis, who teaches legal ethics and law and popular culture at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, said prosecutors may have put the death penalty back on the table out of frustration, possibly because Anthony, 23, isn't accepting a plea in the high-profile case.

But Jarvis said if Anthony is convicted, a jury will likely not sentence her to death.

"Juries find it very difficult to send young women to Death Row," he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-casey-anthony_tab_14apr14,0,5647983.story

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #1871 on: April 14, 2009, 07:44:50 AM »

Good Morning Leroy, leslee, Helen Back, ddex, trimmonthelake, Truth Baby, SweetMorgan, Sdb, Garden Gnome, perriwinkle, joesamas mama, QuietMonkey and 17 Guests!

Anybody want to join me on our new game show "Predictions for the Week".  I'll start...

1)  Dominic Casey comes clean and implicates Cindy and Baez.
2)  Conway quits as Anthony Attorney

3) Skanko orders more pork rinds from the commisary
Is there a website one can go on to see what KC orders?

I used to know and see you did not get an answer...I'll bump it forward for the morning crew.  Trimm and the gang know all this info!!   That is if Trimm's weather has settled down... Hope you are safe Trimm!

It's nice to see you here more these days Bev and I think of you often.  I might get a small bike myself this year so I can go to "Bike Night " with my Hubby... He rides a crouch rocket and I just do not enjoy the ride.  Have any suggestions?? I am kind of little....in weight.  I am 5' 5" and weight 112 lbs.

I wonder if prison offers their inmates what the jail offers them.  I gotta say I do think the list of things offered is way way overboard but maybe this is a money maker for the jail??

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1872 on: April 14, 2009, 07:52:20 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 

The phone company is gonna be seeing fireworks if they don't get my line fixed.Internet service is going in and out.Here one minute and gone the next. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1873 on: April 14, 2009, 07:58:36 AM »

Good Morning Leroy, leslee, Helen Back, ddex, trimmonthelake, Truth Baby, SweetMorgan, Sdb, Garden Gnome, perriwinkle, joesamas mama, QuietMonkey and 17 Guests!

Anybody want to join me on our new game show "Predictions for the Week".  I'll start...

1)  Dominic Casey comes clean and implicates Cindy and Baez.
2)  Conway quits as Anthony Attorney

3) Skanko orders more pork rinds from the commisary
Is there a website one can go on to see what KC orders?

I used to know and see you did not get an answer...I'll bump it forward for the morning crew.  Trimm and the gang know all this info!!   That is if Trimm's weather has settled down... Hope you are safe Trimm!

It's nice to see you here more these days Bev and I think of you often.  I might get a small bike myself this year so I can go to "Bike Night " with my Hubby... He rides a crouch rocket and I just do not enjoy the ride.  Have any suggestions?? I am kind of little....in weight.  I am 5' 5" and weight 112 lbs.

I wonder if prison offers their inmates what the jail offers them.  I gotta say I do think the list of things offered is way way overboard but maybe this is a money maker for the jail??

Hey Scarlett. 
The media usually request the list of Casey's orders then we see in the news articles.
I think prison food will be different.I  have never seen such a variety.
The people I know that have served time never had such a variety.
Ten pages behind .Going to catch up. 

~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1874 on: April 14, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 

The phone company is gonna be seeing fireworks if they don't get my line fixed.Internet service is going in and out.Here one minute and gone the next. 

You're funny Trimm.   Hope they get it fixed soon.
I wonder if today will be as exciting as yesterday.   I think it is funny that Bozo's spokeswoman said this is not a death penalty case.  What the hell does she know?   

I don't think this case will go to trial for another year, now.   You know KC wanted to hurry and get this trial over with so she could get on with her partying.   I would love to know what her response was to the DP news.

My first thought when I heard the news was that KC would want to try to plea bargain.    I bet they go all the way up to the trial date - then try to work something out with the State.   I believe that if KC is afraid of anything (besides CA) - it would be dying and going to hell.   Just my opinion.
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #1875 on: April 14, 2009, 08:02:15 AM »

Hi Searching...I hope things are easing up for you and some fun is coming back in your "real" life.  Naturally you can always come here and being a Monkey is very liberating and I always find someone to make me smile.

Now George has to go back!! HaHa  Notice they don't want Cindy back ever!!     Who would!?

I used to feel bad for them but,that has long passed. The arrogance and belligerence of these two is despicable and Lee as well!!

Oprah sucks and always has.  It's easy to be appear all humble when you own the world. Forget about writing to the sponsors as she needs NO ONE and they need her.  Our only hope is to speak to her directly and maybe get in touch with her best-est friend to admonish this show!!

BUT, it will air and I am ashamed to say I will most likely watch....Oh lord....I suck now too. 

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #1876 on: April 14, 2009, 08:02:40 AM »

Everyone Lies - Everyone Dies

KC had no idea how much of a seer she was!   
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1877 on: April 14, 2009, 08:07:47 AM »

Everyone Lies - Everyone Dies

KC had no idea how much of a seer she was!   

Can you imagine what her life is like now?  She's a caged animal.   She got what she deserved.  And now she has to worry about the DP.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1878 on: April 14, 2009, 08:10:09 AM »

With the DP back on the table, and Bozo not qualified to defend her, would LKB be her DP lawyer? Can LKB defend Casey in the state of Florida ?

LKB can't represent her because she is not licensed in the state of Florida.
Capp can explain it quite nicely when she gets here. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1879 on: April 14, 2009, 08:12:12 AM »

Hi Searching...I hope things are easing up for you and some fun is coming back in your "real" life.  Naturally you can always come here and being a Monkey is very liberating and I always find someone to make me smile.

Now George has to go back!! HaHa  Notice they don't want Cindy back ever!!     Who would!?

I used to feel bad for them but,that has long passed. The arrogance and belligerence of these two is despicable and Lee as well!!

Oprah sucks and always has.  It's easy to be appear all humble when you own the world. Forget about writing to the sponsors as she needs NO ONE and they need her.  Our only hope is to speak to her directly and maybe get in touch with her best-est friend to admonish this show!!

BUT, it will air and I am ashamed to say I will most likely watch....Oh lord....I suck now too. 

Scarlett,you don't suck.It just comes with being a curious monkey. 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.