April 23, 2024, 01:57:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #12 4/13/09 - 4/28/09  (Read 379797 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2009, 12:44:07 PM »

Two Inmates Escape Putnam County Jail

2009-4-15 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood

UPDATE: APRIL 15, 2009 9:00 AM
A 1992 Ford Truck was recently reported as being stolen from 330 North Highway 17 , Palatka. Due to the proximity of the theft to the Putnam County Jail, there is a possibility that the vehicle was stolen and being driven by the two escaped inmates.

The vehicle is a 1992 Crew Cab 2-Wheel Drive Ford Truck. The truck is red and white in color with a blue bed. The vehicle has recently been sanded and the colors are faded. The truck did not have a tag attached at the time of the theft.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is asking that anyone who sees a vehicle matching this description to report it to their local law enforcement agency.

ORIGINAL RELEASE:
Palatka – On April 15, 2009 at approximately 4:00 AM, two inmates, 23 year-old Doni Ray Brown and 25 year-old Timothy Wayne Fletcher escaped from inside the Putnam County Jail. Exactly how the two individuals escaped from the jail is not being disclosed at this time for investigative reasons.  The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is currently conducting an aggressive search utilizing K9 search teams from the Putnam Count Sheriff’s Office, the Palatka Police Department, and the Florida Department of Corrections. An aerial search is also underway with the assistance of the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office. 

Doni Ray Brown, who is last known to reside in Satsuma, Florida, was arrested on August 17, 2008, and charged with Robbery with a Firearm.
Doni Ray Brown, DOB 12/18/1985

Timothy Wayne Fletcher, who is last known to reside in Welaka, Florida, was arrested on March 3, 2009, for three (3) counts of Failure to Appear in Court related to an Aggravated Assault charge.
Timothy Wayne Fletcher, DOB 3/5/1984

Anyone with information as the whereabouts of these two individuals is asked to call the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office at (386) 329-0800 or Crime Stoppers at (866) 277-TIPS (8477)

http://www.pcso.us/2009-4-15

When I was a teenager, I was good friends with Timothy's mom.  The last time I saw him was when he was in diapers.  I really hate to hear that he is screwing up his life.  Him mom died several years ago from a brain tumor I believe.  It was a real shame, she was a nice person.  I have no idea who the other guy is but he sounds like bad news. 

I wonder how in the world they escaped from the jail?

They were last seen at approximately 0400hrs on Wednesday, April 15, 2009. Both subjects are wearing dark blue inmate shirts & pants. Both are convicted felons & have violent criminal histories.

Name: DONI RAY BROWN

DOB: 12/18/85

Height: 6 feet 1 inch

Weight: 200lbs

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Hazel

SMTs: Scar left leg

Name: TIMOTHY WAYNE FLETCHER

DOB: 03/05/84

Height: 6 feet 0 inch

Weight: 204lbs

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

SMTs: Bulldog tattoo on left arm,"Sleeved" left arm, "Tank" on Right fingers, "Reaper" on back, "No love" on chest, "Cracker" on stomach.

Our agency has a report of a stolen vehicle within close proximity to the PCSO jail which the K-9 tracked the scent to. The vehicle is a sanded down red/white 1992 Ford F-150 with a blue bed (VIN # 1FTEX15N1NKB10806). Vehicle does not have a tag, not registered & the owner is Ernesto Yanes of Sarasota.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/04/15/news/news01.txt

Heart
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2009, 01:58:05 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/actionbreaking/story/Inmates-Escape-From-Putnam-County-Jail/mdgUtEZTCUOvwkY3iTcrjA.cspx

Well maybe while they are out searching for these two they just might stumble upon something related to Haleigh.....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2009, 02:42:19 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/actionbreaking/story/Inmates-Escape-From-Putnam-County-Jail/mdgUtEZTCUOvwkY3iTcrjA.cspx

Well maybe while they are out searching for these two they just might stumble upon something related to Haleigh.....

Excellent thought, as never know who they may end up contacting. Could prove to be a positive bust.

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2009, 03:03:47 PM »

I didn't even think about that when I saw this posted earlier, maybe the jail break is a good thing for the search of Haleigh.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

This brings to mind what has been reported about Ron's sister, Crystal Cummings, that she in some way (in the past) helped someone to escape.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »

O/T - Gale St.John is heading to Orlando and driving down to search for ADJI!!!!!

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/...c-search-adji/

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2009, 04:08:59 PM »

Nationally known psychic to search for missing 6-year-old Adji
By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact)
Originally published 1:09 p.m., Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Updated 3:12 p.m., Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Do you believe in psychics?

Yes.

No.

I don't know.

See the results without voting ».
SEARCH FOR ADJI DESIR

Adji Desir has been missing from Immokalee since Saturday evening, Jan. 10, 2009.

A nationally known psychic is heading to Southwest Florida to do her part in the search for Adji Desir.

Psychic Gale St. John is slated to arrive in Immokalee tonight and will start searching Thursday for 6-year-old Adji, who has been missing since Jan. 10.

In an interview today, St. John said she would be arriving at Orlando International Airport this afternoon and then drive down to Immokalee.

"Everything is taken care of," said St. John before catching her flight to Florida. "We got a place to stay. I will be in tonight around 9 p.m."

However St. John, who is traveling with her daughter Tamara, said she has not reached out to Adji’s family.

"We don’t seek out the family to bother them," she said, adding that she respects the family’s privacy, but that they should feel free to contact her.

Also unaware of St. John’s pending visit— the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

"We were unaware of her visit," said Sheriff’s spokeswoman Karie Partington adding the department has had no contact with St. John. "But we will be trying to contact her."

Partington said the department is still actively looking for Adji.

"We’re open to any ideas that may assist us in locating him," said Partington.

In spite of some discounting her abilities, St. John has appeared on Geraldo Rivera’s ‘At Large’, Larry King Live, HLN’s ‘Nancy Grace’ and Psychic Detectives, (Court TV ). St. John claimed to have located Caylee Anthony’s body months before authorities did.

St. John will remain in Immokalee through Sunday, when she is scheduled to travel to the Satsuma area to search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who has been missing since Feb. 10.

She will also be Twittering through the whole experience.

St. John will remain in Satsuma through April 23, 2009, before heading back to her home in Ohio.

In a written statement, Debra Brink said St. John would conduct a ‘blind-drive’ for each case. In essence, a ‘blind drive’ is when St. John starts driving from the last point where a person was seen and uses her gift to lead her in the right direction. Once the drive is done, she will do a thorough physical search of each area.

For more information on the search visit www.naplesnews.com.

momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:59 PM »

Nationally known psychic to search for missing 6-year-old Adji
By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact)
Originally published 1:09 p.m., Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Updated 3:12 p.m., Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Do you believe in psychics?

Yes.

No.

I don't know.

See the results without voting ».
SEARCH FOR ADJI DESIR

Adji Desir has been missing from Immokalee since Saturday evening, Jan. 10, 2009.

A nationally known psychic is heading to Southwest Florida to do her part in the search for Adji Desir.

Psychic Gale St. John is slated to arrive in Immokalee tonight and will start searching Thursday for 6-year-old Adji, who has been missing since Jan. 10.

In an interview today, St. John said she would be arriving at Orlando International Airport this afternoon and then drive down to Immokalee.

"Everything is taken care of," said St. John before catching her flight to Florida. "We got a place to stay. I will be in tonight around 9 p.m."

However St. John, who is traveling with her daughter Tamara, said she has not reached out to Adji’s family.

"We don’t seek out the family to bother them," she said, adding that she respects the family’s privacy, but that they should feel free to contact her.

Also unaware of St. John’s pending visit— the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

"We were unaware of her visit," said Sheriff’s spokeswoman Karie Partington adding the department has had no contact with St. John. "But we will be trying to contact her."

Partington said the department is still actively looking for Adji.

"We’re open to any ideas that may assist us in locating him," said Partington.

In spite of some discounting her abilities, St. John has appeared on Geraldo Rivera’s ‘At Large’, Larry King Live, HLN’s ‘Nancy Grace’ and Psychic Detectives, (Court TV ). St. John claimed to have located Caylee Anthony’s body months before authorities did.

St. John will remain in Immokalee through Sunday, when she is scheduled to travel to the Satsuma area to search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who has been missing since Feb. 10.

She will also be Twittering through the whole experience.

St. John will remain in Satsuma through April 23, 2009, before heading back to her home in Ohio.

In a written statement, Debra Brink said St. John would conduct a ‘blind-drive’ for each case. In essence, a ‘blind drive’ is when St. John starts driving from the last point where a person was seen and uses her gift to lead her in the right direction. Once the drive is done, she will do a thorough physical search of each area.

For more information on the search visit www.naplesnews.com.

TY Grama.  I was wondering when she was going to arrive in FL. 

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »

Your Welcome ~ 

Nice that she will be doing searches for both Adji & Haleigh.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »

Your Welcome ~ 

Nice that she will be doing searches for both Adji & Haleigh.

yes, it is
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »

I'm not a big believer in psychics, but at least Gale goes out and searches for people.  Nice to see anyone out there trying to help.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2009, 05:59:40 PM »

I'm not a big believer in psychics, but at least Gale goes out and searches for people.  Nice to see anyone out there trying to help.

My thoughts are the same.  According to Gale, she was very close to finding Caylee's remains.

smiles101
Scared Monkey

« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »

Wow, they are just saying on the local news that the 2 guys that escaped this morning from PCSO are connected to a murder that happened sometime today! Also, they are not in the truck anymore but a gold Lincoln.  I will see if I can find an update online and post it.  This is just unreal.
smiles101
Scared Monkey

« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2009, 06:20:01 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/19186381/detail.html

POSTED: Wednesday, April 15, 2009
UPDATED: 5:32 pm EDT April 15, 2009

Putnam County Sheriff's Office booking photos of Doni Ray  Brown and Timothy Wayne Fletcher
PALATKA, Fla. -- The search for two inmates who escaped from the Putnam County jail before dawn has expanded to Jacksonville and authorities believe the pair are also connected to a death in West Palatka on Wednesday.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Doni Ray Brown, 23, and Timothy Fletcher, 25, broke out of the jail about 4 a.m. A short time later, a red and white 1992 Ford crew-cab pickup with a blue bed was stolen from behind a fenced gate of a tire store at 330 Highway 17 north in Palatka -- about one mile from the jail.

About 7 a.m. Wednesday, an off-duty law enforcement officer reported seeing two men on Jacksonville's Westside in a different vehicle -- a gold four-door Lincoln with a tan vinyl top. The vehicle, with Florida tag H288TV was seen on Interstate 10 near Chaffee Road.

Other Putnam County officials investigating a homicide in West Palatka told Channel they are certain the death is connected to the escapees. Information about that victim and the circumstances has not been released.

Channel 4's Laura Mazzeo was told Brown, of Satsuma, and Fletcher, of Welaka, were co-defendants charged with an armed robbery in 2008. They were housed in the same cell.

Authorities said described the method of escape as "creative," but said the details were part of the investigation.

VIDEO: Cellmates Break Out Of Putnam County Jail
LINK: Putnam County Flyer On Escaped Prisoners

Deputies said there were ground, aerial and K-9 searches under way in the area, but they also notified sheriff's offices in surrounded counties to be on the lookout for the two men.

Brown is described as 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighing 200 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes.

Fletcher is 6 feet tall and weighs 204 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes. He has several tattoos, including a sleeved left arm and "Tank" on his right fingers.

Authorities said both are convicted felons and have violent criminal histories.

Anyone who sees the inmates or a vehicle matching the description of the one stolen is asked to call the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0800 or Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the comments section below the article, someone is saying that the murder victim is one of the inmate's grandmother!  The person said they also stole a safe. I have no idea if these details are true or not though. It's so hard to grasp how cold and heartless some people are, it's like they have no conscience at all.

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »

Wow, they are just saying on the local news that the 2 guys that escaped this morning from PCSO are connected to a murder that happened sometime today! Also, they are not in the truck anymore but a gold Lincoln.  I will see if I can find an update online and post it.  This is just unreal.
I just finished reading about this.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=135962&catid=3
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »

I just finished reading about this.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=135962&catid=3

wow! this area sure seems to have some problems.  I know it's unfair to say that, but after all the arrest records of folks involved in Haleigh's case posted here, for everyone and their grandmother (literally) it just seems like this area is a den of crime.

prayers for Haleigh

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2009, 06:29:19 PM »

Haleigh's father loses his job
* By Dana Treen
* Story updated at 5:52 PM on Wednesday, Apr. 15, 2009

After waiting two months to hear from the father of still missing 5-year-old Putnam County kindergartner Haleigh Cummings, the Palatka plant where he worked has fired him for abandoning the job, the company said.

Cummings’ employment was a factor in his being granted custody of his daughter and son in 2005 because he was in a better position to pay for health insurance. Following Haleigh’s disappearance, the long estranged mother of the children has said she wants custody of their son, 4-year-old Ronald Cummings Jr.

Tony McCauley, director of human resources for PDM Bridge, said Cummings’ bosses never heard from him following Haleigh’s disappearance Feb. 10. McCauley said Cummings could have asked for a leave of absence.

“That never happened,” he said from company headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. “Without that happening, at some point they filled his position. He was released.”

Cummings operated a rolling crane at the plant north of Palatka. He was not a longtime employee.
“We still have a great deal of sympathy for Mr. Cummings and his family and certainly hope for the best,” McCauley said.

Haleigh was reported missing just as Cummings was arriving home from work about 3 a.m. on Feb. 10 and his girlfriend said the youngster was gone. The girl has not been found despite an intense search and investigation that is still continuing.

Earlier McCauley said the company was willing to hold the job open but wouldn’t discuss if it was doing anything else to assist the family. But Wednesday he said a decision had to be made that was consistent and fair regarding other employees.

This week PDM asked Putnam County deputies to monitor shift changes at the plant that employs about 120 people and manufactures structural sections for steel bridges. McCauley would not say if the company had a specific reason for the request but only that it is done in some cases.

“It’s just a judgment call you make from employee to employee based on what might happen,” he said.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Sheriff’s Office said deputies were stationed at the plant during the two daily shift changes beginning Monday. They wanted to make sure there were no disruptions in case Cummings was upset.

Officers did not encounter any either day, Greenwood said.

Calls to Palatka attorney Greg Kimball, who is representing Cummings, were not returned Wednesday.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-04-15/story/haleighs_father_loses_his_job

Just getting here, am a page behind, so if this is repeated news, I apologize.

Hi monkeys!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2009, 06:49:23 PM »

Thanks Brandi, Ron only worked there for a short period of time, I guess, that is what the company had to do.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »

Thanks Brandi, Ron only worked there for a short period of time, I guess, that is what the company had to do.

That's what the article says. I wonder just how long he had worked there.

And I wonder why he never contacted the company about his job after Haleigh went missing.

Does not make me respect him at all.

He has another child who he has to feed, clothe and shelter.

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »

Thanks for the article Brandi! I wish that they had more to report on tho.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.