April 18, 2024, 10:55:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #12 4/13/09 - 4/28/09  (Read 379666 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2009, 07:55:46 AM »

Police Examine Possible Link Between Bones Found, Missing Woman

POSTED: Wednesday, April 15, 2009
UPDATED: 12:56 am EDT April 16, 2009

http://www.news4jax.com/news/19193490/detail.html

NASSAU COUNTY, Fla. -- Investigators said they are using every tool at their disposal to learn if human remains found in the woods of Nassau County are those of a Callahan woman who disappeared nearly nine years ago. 

According to the Nassau County Sheriff's Office, two hunters found a human skull and bones last Friday while walking in a wooded area off county Road 119.

Sheriff Tommy Seagraves said it appears the bones are those of a white woman.

"We're going to send this information to Broward County, where they have computer automated system that's is able to reconstruct and rebuild a form of a face figure to the skull itself," Seagraves said.

He said foul play is suspected.

Jackie Markham has been missing since December 2000.

Detectives said they think they know how the woman was killed, but they would not release that information because they said it's too important to their investigation. However, detectives did reveal that they have requested Jacquelyn Markham's dental records to see if they match.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2009, 08:03:43 AM »

i just got this from myspace in my bulletin not sure if it is a rumor but i copied it for you all maybe u can find something out on the plate number

Date: Apr 16, 2009 5:10 AM
Subject: URGENT--LAW ENFORCEMENT--TIP ON HALEIGH CUMMINGS!!!!!!
----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
To:
Date: Apr 15, 2009 10:09 PM

I JUST RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE FROM ONE OF MY MEMBERS.

A FRIEND OF HERS THINKS SHE MAY HAVE SPOTTED HALEIGH CUMMINGS (DETAILS ARE IN THE MESSAGE THAT FOLLOWS) AND ACTUALLY WAS ABLE TO WRITE DOWN A LICENSE PLATE # OF THE CAR SHE WAS IN!!!
BUT, NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO HER!!!!

CAN ANY OF YOU LOOK UP THIS LICENSE #????

----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN©
Date: Apr 16, 2009 1:00 AM
Subject: heres the message she sent

Susan, do you know any info on this little one? Is she a stranger abduction? I looked at this the other day, as I was leaving work today The car in the next lane waiting at the light was a small girl around 4-5 years old with strawberry blonde hair curls at the ends, strange thing was she kept looking at me like help me.
She was sitting in the front seat and no seatbelt the man driving was a very obese scruffy looking guy and there was a woman sitting in the back seat, things just looked odd, after they pulled away I remembered this missing child, and thought how much she looked like her then I realized that I should take down the liscense #

So I did here it is MO 739 YTW.

It was an older station wagon blue in color with alot of rust. After I got home I pulled this up and am shocked how much that little girl looks like her. Let me know.

Gale

I hope whoever seen this, would have contacted the Putnam Sheriff with the license plate number to get it checked out~~

starcat29
Scared Monkey

my little angel in heaven watching over all of us

« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2009, 08:06:25 AM »

i hope so to
momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2009, 09:25:32 AM »

i just got this from myspace in my bulletin not sure if it is a rumor but i copied it for you all maybe u can find something out on the plate number

To:

A FRIEND OF HERS THINKS SHE MAY HAVE SPOTTED HALEIGH CUMMINGS (DETAILS ARE IN THE MESSAGE THAT FOLLOWS) AND ACTUALLY WAS ABLE TO WRITE DOWN A LICENSE PLATE # OF THE CAR SHE WAS IN!!!

Susan, do you know any info on this little one? Is she a stranger abduction? I looked at this the other day, as I was leaving work today The car in the next lane waiting at the light was a small girl around 4-5 years old with strawberry blonde hair curls at the ends, strange thing was she kept looking at me like help me.
She was sitting in the front seat and no seatbelt the man driving was a very obese scruffy looking guy and there was a woman sitting in the back seat, things just looked odd, after they pulled away I remembered this missing child, and thought how much she looked like her then I realized that I should take down the liscense #

It was an older station wagon blue in color with alot of rust. After I got home I pulled this up and am shocked how much that little girl looks like her. Let me know.

Gale

I hope whoever seen this, would have contacted the Putnam Sheriff with the license plate number to get it checked out~~
WOW!! I wonder what State she was in.  Wouldn't that be nice if it was her?  I pray it's checked out also.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: April 16, 2009, 09:32:54 AM »

the Cummings

This is my first post. I just want to say how excited I am to finally be a monkey and hello to you all!
My name comes from my furbaby Tigger who has a heart of gold and is like my child, though God willing I hope to have children someday. I was a member over yonder(under a different name) and didn't like all the drama, though I mostly just lurked. I found you guys by doing a google search looking for a better forum to join in the search for Haleigh and found you all. I couldnt wait to be accepted and now here I am. For the last few days I have been catching up on all the posts regarding Haleigh and you all are very smart, caring monkeys! I also cannot help but comment on Jersey's picture of The Cummings. That is toooo funny LOL!!!!! Great job!!!!

Good morning Monkeys all!

TiggerKitty

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #245 on: April 16, 2009, 09:40:54 AM »

WELCOME TIGERKITTY    Jerseygirl love the picture of the Clampetts/Cummings 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »

the Cummings

hilarious!  that's a good one!

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »

To:

Gale

WOW!! I wonder what State she was in.  Wouldn't that be nice if it was her?  I pray it's checked out also.

MO 739 YTW.

I am reading that plate as ...MO...(Missouri)  739 YTW....

starcat29
Scared Monkey

my little angel in heaven watching over all of us

« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2009, 10:07:05 AM »

yes that is where it is from isn't that were misty is from
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2009, 10:20:25 AM »

Police Examine Possible Link Between Bones Found, Missing Woman

Thanks Grama for the update.  I keep looking for any updates yesterday and never ran across any.

Heart

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2009, 10:29:58 AM »

Escape, suspicious death shatter rural peace

By Chris DeVitto
Published: Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:00 AM EDT

BARDIN - Late Wednesday afternoon, grim-faced Putnam County Sheriff's Office detectives and command staff crowded around a driveway that led to a neatly kept red brick house on more than 2 acres at 315 Bardin Road.

In the driveway was a blue, older model pickup truck that looked like it had not been driven recently.

In the house, according to Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy, Helen Key Googe lay dead.

"Right now we have a 66-year-old white female deceased ... Her '99 four-door Lincoln is missing from the residence," Hardy said.

Hardy later verified that Googe was the step-grandmother of Timothy Wayne Fletcher, who escaped from the Putnam County Jail with Doni Ray Brown. Both men, violent felons, are considered armed and dangerous, he said.

Deputies blocked traffic at the intersection of Key Road and Bardin Road and draped yellow crime scene tape around the area. The scene is not far from Bud's Grocery, a landmark and gathering place in the rural community.

Neighbors and others gathered in a yard adjoining Googe's house. They settled on folding chairs under shade trees to watch whatever went on next door. Other onlookers drove slowly by the residence.

A report that the Lincoln may have been spotted on the west side of Jacksonville was confirmed, Hardy said.

"These guys have to be caught," he said. "I want them."

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/04/16/news/news02.txt

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »

Deputies probe escape, body's discovery

By Larry Sullivan
Published: Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:00 AM EDT

A daring pre-dawn escape Wednesday from the Putnam County Jail has turned deadly.

The body of Helen Googe, a longtime employee of the county tax collector who retired about three years ago, was found at her Bardin Road home late Wednesday afternoon. Googe, 66, was the stepgrandmother of Timothy Wayne Fletcher, one of two men who escaped from the jail in Palatka, Sheriff Jeff Hardy said.

Googe's car, a 1999 gold-and-tan Lincoln, was missing and the subject of a nationwide alert.

Fletcher, 25, and Doni Ray Brown, 23, in custody on felony charges, escaped from the jail about 4 a.m. Wednesday, according to reports from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

They are believed to have stolen a pickup truck from the Louis Tire Shop north of the jail and crashed it through a metal gate to get away. That pickup was recovered in a heavily wooded area near Googe's home.

Deputies found Googe's body while investigating leads in the escape.

"We don't know how she died," Rick Ryan, chief deputy of the sheriff's office, said. "The cause of death is undetermined at this point."

An off-duty Clay County deputy sheriff spotted Googe's car in Jacksonville early Wednesday morning and thought it was unusual for two young men to be using that model car, Ryan said.

Following a hunch, the deputy, still off-duty, later checked the license plate number he had written down and recognized Googe's name and her relationship with Fletcher, Ryan said.

"He works the graveyard shift, he goes to bed, he wakes up and sees we have a couple of escaped prisoners," he said. "That's what led us here."

Deputies had checked Googe's house in the morning and, although no one answered, there were no apparent signs of foul play, Ryan said. The Clay deputy's tip prompted a second visit to the house and deputies found Googe's body after forcing their way inside.

"Nobody would answer the door, the vehicle was gone, so we made forced entry into the home," Hardy said. "And that's when we found the lady deceased."

Putnam officers visited the homes of all known relatives of Fletcher and Brown on Wednesday, Ryan said.

Late Wednesday night, as crime scene investigators from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement carefully worked at Googe's home, authorities declined to say she was murdered, instead terming it a "suspicious death."

They did, however, say her death was linked to Fletcher and Brown.

Fletcher had lived with Googe for several months and was familiar with the area, Ryan said.

Deputies in a helicopter from the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office spotted the stolen Palatka pickup off Old Starke Road about three miles from Googe's home about 5:45 p.m. and directed authorities to the site.

Putnam authorities have declined to say how Fletcher and Brown got out of the jail except that "contraband" played a part in the escape.

"We definitely have a contraband issue and an obvious breach of security," Hardy said Wednesday morning. "It's something that we are taking extremely seriously and we're in the process of correcting those deficiencies right now as we speak."

Hardy declined to be more specific pending the agency's investigation.

Hardy said Fletcher and Brown, who shared a cell, were discovered missing during a count of the jail's 300 inmates at 5 a.m. Their escape prompted a lockdown of the jail that remained in effect into Wednesday night.

The escape triggered a massive search of a five-mile radius around the jail, which is off State Road 19 on Palatka's northern boundary.

Helicopters from Alachua and St. Johns counties searched from the air as bloodhounds from the Tomoka state Correctional Institution and dogs from Palatka and Putnam County worked the ground.

The fugitives were tracked to the Louis Tire Shop, authorities said.

The pickup stolen from the shop was being prepared for repairs to the body and painting. It was not registered and did not have a license plate.

The owner of a neighboring business said someone attempted to steal his work van and broke into a vehicle at another business.

"I went to jump in my van to take off and that's when I noticed they busted my ignition," Doug Neely of Canvas Plus said. "I am surprised I didn't hear anything last night."

Ken Nicholson, the owner of Quality Ice, said his firm's video surveillance system captured the truck theft.

"We got them where they got in the truck, they backed up and went through a gate," he said.

Tire tracks at the tire shop indicated quick acceleration inside the gate, and skid marks turned north on the pavement of U.S. 17.

Staff writer Chris DeVitto contributed to this report.

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/04/16/news/news01.txt

Heart
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »

Part of me wants to protest the employer's decision to 'make the judgement' call to fire Ron, supposedly based on his not being in contact with his employer... And for that reason, am thinking wtf?  Considering the circumstances, the employer could not contact Ron himself before making such a decision, realizing what a nightmare this has been for the family?  And to then have LE on site when Ron returns? 

Okies... having said that...

The rest of me wants to slap that part of me upside the head with a brick.   

Looking at Ron's actions since Haleigh disappeared, he surely has not "appeared" to be grieving to the point of not being able to return to work.  Getting a tattoo, getting married, supposedly strutting around town wanting free handouts because they all should "know" who he is.. blah blah.  Not to mention the rumor (?) that Ron's coworkers gave up their vacation and sick leave hours to Ron, so that he could spend time with his family etc.  Wonder if those folks feel slapped in the face when they saw how Ron was spending their hard-earned leave, rather than in how the majority of folks would act.  For the employer to have had LE there waiting, in anticipation that Ron might not take the news of his being fired very well... ermmmm that does sound that the employer is aware of Ron's supposed temper.  Perhaps anticipating Ron might 'go postal', as the saying goes.

It's just sad, all the way around.  And Jr. is the one hit the hardest by all this.  IMO

Good morning... It was very irresponsible of Ron not to at least call them at some point, they could not hold his job indefinitely. Yes, it would have been thoughtful of them to contact him, but they are certainly not obligated to do that. HE should be obligated to contact THEM, if he cared about his job. Very thoughtless and immature to just waltz in, expecting to go to work when HE decided to.... without first calling them and asking if he still HAD a job. Two months.... there is no excuse for that.... considering that he had time to go 2 hours away to get a tatoo, make a very public marriage proposal, then get married, go to NYC, go mudbogging, go to the fair twice, and lord only knows what else. This is the kind of thing teenagers do.... not a grown man with a family to support. Any respect I ever had for him is out the window now. I do not blame the company in the least... they were in their rights. If he cared so little for his job, then good enough for him. The company does not owe him one thing. I'm sure his co-workers who donated their vacation time are slapping themselves in the head right now.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »

Part of me wants to protest the employer's decision to 'make the judgement' call to fire Ron, supposedly based on his not being in contact with his employer... And for that reason, am thinking wtf?  Considering the circumstances, the employer could not contact Ron himself before making such a decision, realizing what a nightmare this has been for the family?  And to then have LE on site when Ron returns? 

Okies... having said that...

The rest of me wants to slap that part of me upside the head with a brick.   

Looking at Ron's actions since Haleigh disappeared, he surely has not "appeared" to be grieving to the point of not being able to return to work.  Getting a tattoo, getting married, supposedly strutting around town wanting free handouts because they all should "know" who he is.. blah blah.  Not to mention the rumor (?) that Ron's coworkers gave up their vacation and sick leave hours to Ron, so that he could spend time with his family etc.  Wonder if those folks feel slapped in the face when they saw how Ron was spending their hard-earned leave, rather than in how the majority of folks would act.  For the employer to have had LE there waiting, in anticipation that Ron might not take the news of his being fired very well... ermmmm that does sound that the employer is aware of Ron's supposed temper.  Perhaps anticipating Ron might 'go postal', as the saying goes.

It's just sad, all the way around.  And Jr. is the one hit the hardest by all this.  IMO

Good morning... It was very irresponsible of Ron not to at least call them at some point, they could not hold his job indefinitely. Yes, it would have been thoughtful of them to contact him, but they are certainly not obligated to do that. HE should be obligated to contact THEM, if he cared about his job. Very thoughtless and immature to just waltz in, expecting to go to work when HE decided to.... without first calling them and asking if he still HAD a job. Two months.... there is no excuse for that.... considering that he had time to go 2 hours away to get a tatoo, make a very public marriage proposal, then get married, go to NYC, go mudbogging, go to the fair twice, and lord only knows what else. This is the kind of thing teenagers do.... not a grown man with a family to support. Any respect I ever had for him is out the window now. I do not blame the company in the least... they were in their rights. If he cared so little for his job, then good enough for him. The company does not owe him one thing. I'm sure his co-workers who donated their vacation time are slapping themselves in the head right now.
ITA Txlady.... it's almost as though he assumed they would know, well it's not his bosses job to read the paper! RC is a very immature $%#@! Now that donations are drying up he will need to find another job... good luck with that one! Part of me wonders IF he wasn't working all night long to begin with. Didn't I hear ( was it a rumour) that his coworker spotted him at a store at 2 AM that morning? I just have a hard time with MC statements/lies and I feel the bottom of all that is RC... still!
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »

Dead Woman's Car Found In Kentucky, Inmates Still Missing

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says the car of a woman who may be a victim of two inmates who escaped from the Putnam County Jail has been located in Kentucky, but there is still no sign of the escapees..

http://www.cfnews13.com/default.aspx

Heart
Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2009, 12:17:38 PM »

What part of Kentucky?   Does anyone know?
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2009, 02:02:42 PM »

What part of Kentucky?   Does anyone know?

Monroe Co., KY (too close for comfort to me--my mothers home town).  Here is the local papers story.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_FLORIDA_JAIL_ESCAPEES_KYOL-?SITE=KYBOW&SECTION=STATE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2009, 02:19:32 PM »

yes that is where it is from isn't that were misty is from

IIRC, Misty is from Michigan, not Missouri.

From my notes:

"Misty Jeanette Croslin - 17-yr old babysitter/girlfriend. DOB: 12-09-91. Woke up and realized Haleigh was missing just before Ronald returned home about 3:30 a.m. - She is originally from Michigan. She has lived in Florida for about seven years."

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2009, 02:23:30 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »

That's just beautiful, Brandi. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.