April 15, 2024, 10:26:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #12 4/13/09 - 4/28/09  (Read 379568 times)
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #680 on: April 20, 2009, 11:03:50 AM »

The pic of Amber with the baby, I remember thinking first time I saw it, that she was a cute girl, rather wholesome looking, and now 

I agree, she could be the poster child for the effects of drug use.

NCSunny

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #681 on: April 20, 2009, 11:05:58 AM »

The pic of Amber with the baby, I remember thinking first time I saw it, that she was a cute girl, rather wholesome looking, and now 

Yes!!  Amazing the difference in little over a year!!  So sad...

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: April 20, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

Reporters Notebook      
The Strain for a New Sheriff
By
Jared Halpern, Reporter
@ April 20, 2009 6:21 AM Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Talk about trial by fire. In just four months on the job, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy has been in the local and national media spotlight; a spotlight I'm not sure the law enforcement veteran was fully expecting.

My last chat with Hardy was just before Saturday night's news conference announcing two jail escapees, after a nationwide manhunt, were back behind bars. I joked with the Sheriff that I've spent more time in his county the past two and a half months than I had ever before in my three years in Jacksonville. He didn't laugh.

And I don't blame him. Just weeks into his transition, which started in January after upsetting incumbent Sheriff Dean Kelly in November's election, five-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her Satsuma home.

A nationwide Amber Alert, thousands of tips and countless clues have led his deputies nowhere. As the search continued, national media poured into rural Putnam County and before he even had his chair warmed-up, Hardy was live on the Today Show, CNN and Fox News.

Just a month into the fruitless search for Haleigh, 8-year-old DayQuones Hill was stabbed to death, police say, by the boyfriend of the child's mother. Adding to the media attention of that case, the suspect, 22-year-old Zacariah Williams had been released from jail just a week earlier.

Then, last week, a pair of violent inmates escaped from Hardy's jail. Timothy Fletcher and Doni Brown are also accused of killing a woman just hours after that escape and going on a crime spree as far away as Tennessee before returning to Pomona Park and being tackled by a huge police presence.

So, while the Sheriff certainly didn't laugh at my ill-timed joke about time spent in the Palatka area, he was smiling, albeit briefly, as he annouced the weekend caputure.

Sheriff Hardy made a point in his news conference to not let the good news of the capture outweigh the tragedy of Wednesday's killing of Helen Googe, allegedly at the hands of Brown and Fletcher.

But at least, for the first time in a long time, reporters were hearing some good news about a big case from a now very seasoned sheriff.

http://wokv.com/blogs/reporters_notebook/2009/04/the-strain-for-a-new-sheriff.html

Heart
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #683 on: April 20, 2009, 11:07:37 AM »

From TheSky 973 on Twitter:

# Ronald Cummings,Haleigh 's father, reportedly tried to take his other child from girlfriend Amber Brooks last night. PSCO not commenting.9 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/SKY973
Why in the world would he do this, it appears that he didn't want anything to do with the child before, why now?

IDK It really makes no sense for him to have wanted to take the child, even if he thought/knew she's was going to be arrested.  maybe well get more details later, but the whole thing sounds crazy right now.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #684 on: April 20, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »

I am waiting for Fibsty's to surface.

Amen Grama, lets keep our fingers crossed!!  BTW...late Good morning to all Monkeys.

I am scurrying to try to catch up on all four threads, and have safely made the move from SC to NC, now the unpacking & organising begins 

Will you be changing your name to NCSunny? 

SMUGGLE CONTRABAND INTRODUCE INTO DETENTION FACILITY

Seiko, what does that mean?  Did Amber take drugs into the jail?
You're asking me why?  Do I look like a criminal? 

Not sure what it means.  I imagine either she was caught for an earlier offense, or she still had drugs on her after booking.

Here is the statute:

951.22  County detention facilities; contraband articles.--

(1)  It is unlawful, except through regular channels as duly authorized by the sheriff or officer in charge, to introduce into or possess upon the grounds of any county detention facility as defined in s. 951.23 or to give to or receive from any inmate of any such facility wherever said inmate is located at the time or to take or to attempt to take or send therefrom any of the following articles which are hereby declared to be contraband for the purposes of this act, to wit: Any written or recorded communication; any currency or coin; any article of food or clothing; any tobacco products as defined in s. 210.25(11); any cigarette as defined in s. 210.01(1); any cigar; any intoxicating beverage or beverage which causes or may cause an intoxicating effect; any narcotic, hypnotic, or excitative drug or drug of any kind or nature, including nasal inhalators, sleeping pills, barbiturates, and controlled substances as defined in s. 893.02(4); any firearm or any instrumentality customarily used or which is intended to be used as a dangerous weapon; and any instrumentality of any nature that may be or is intended to be used as an aid in effecting or attempting to effect an escape from a county facility.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: April 20, 2009, 11:13:06 AM »

Campaign asks homeowners to tack addresses to St. Johns docks

* By Dana Treen
    * Story updated at 5:31 AM on Monday, Apr. 20, 2009

Early in the intense search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings in Putnam County, marine officers plying the winter-cold river waters near the youngster's home repeatedly ran into a maddening problem.

Unlike streets and houses, canals and docks don't usually display names and numbers, making it difficult for waterborne officers following a tip to find a specific house from the water.

"In some cases we literally had to call the people back and have the people come out on the dock and wave," said Lt. George Pottorf, a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officer who led the water search.

"That first morning we were hoping to find a cold, wet little girl down by the water," he said.

The kindergartner was never found and remains missing more than two months later.

Pottorf has dealt with the difficulty of pinpointing specific addresses for years but the search for Haleigh magnified the issue. He decided to implement a solution.

For weeks, he has been leading a campaign to simply adapt to the water what is done on land, and is asking waterfront homeowners to tack their addresses to their docks. They wouldn't have to be any different than what homeowners use on the fronts or their houses, he said, just a number and a street name.

Street addresses relayed by officers on land can be fed into global positioning devices on boats, but the system is slow and the equipment is susceptible to failure in the wet environment, Pottorf said. And it does not build a memory base, he said.

Dock signs would not have made a difference in the Easter boat crash in Palm Valley that killed five people, he said, because there were plenty of local landmarks to guide officers. But in long stretches of the St. Johns River, hundreds of docks reach into the water with no other reference points.

Pottorf's officers patrol the St. Johns River and other waterways from Astor in Volusia County to the Buckman Bridge in Jacksonville. At times, officers make arrests where the location is not clear.

"I've been in that particular situation,'' Pottorf said. "I've had to walk my prisoner to the street and ask where I'm at."

In some areas, canals needle off main waterways one after the other, each one looking like the last.

Jacksonville fire captain Scott Turnbull lives at the head of one of those canals on Dunns Creek in Putnam County. Turnbull knows from his job the importance of a quick response to the right location.

As a bonus, his dock at the head of the canal means officers know instantly they are at the Jill Lane canal when they pass.

Turnbull said it took him about 15 minutes to make a sign on a piece of water-resistant material and post it.

"It's not real fancy," he said. "It sticks out."

Pottorf wants to focus his initial efforts on St. Johns and Putnam counties, where landmarks are scarce, and wants to concentrate on docks at the exit end of canals. He said there may be other areas in the state where signs are going up but he would like to eventually see some sort of mandatory requirement.

Sometimes, marine officers see people fall in their yards or may see smoke coming from a home; signs would help pinpoint a location for emergency responders. Marine officers are also called in missing persons cases, he said.

"We get a lot of calls of [missing] Alzheimer's patients," he said. "A lot of times for some reason they go for the water."

In criminal situations, knowing the address could protect an officer.

"Obviously, we'd like to know where we're at before we drive into some armed situation," he said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-04-20/story/campaign_asks_homeowners_to_tack_addresses_to_st_johns_docks

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #686 on: April 20, 2009, 11:14:01 AM »

Amen Grama, lets keep our fingers crossed!!  BTW...late Good morning to all Monkeys.

I am scurrying to try to catch up on all four threads, and have safely made the move from SC to NC, now the unpacking & organising begins 

That's my guess, because the charges use the word "smuggle" into.  Am thinking she went to visit someone in jail, and the drugs were found.  Whether she was trying to smuggle them in or not. 

One thing too, is the use of the word "contraband".  In this case it seems that contraband was the drugs itself.  Doesn't always mean drugs in other cases tho.  In a jail setting, they have such tight restrictions, that even the most innocent thing on the outside would be considered contraband on the inside.  A teen in our community was in jail and had an extra blanket on his bed in his cell, was written up for having contraband.  lol 

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #687 on: April 20, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »

# Ronald Cummings,Haleigh 's father, reportedly tried to take his other child from girlfriend Amber Brooks last night. PSCO not commenting.9 minutes ago from web

Why in the world would he do this, it appears that he didn't want anything to do with the child before, why now?

It's a ploy, to make himself look like a good father image, because of the custody issues with Crystal.. He doesn't want that baby..  can you imagine little Jordan being kept by short elevator.. terrible frightening thought.. Especally if this baby has problems too..  I hope they arrested his butt.

"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men", John Steinbeck
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #688 on: April 20, 2009, 11:17:17 AM »

You're asking me why?  Do I look like a criminal? 

Not sure what it means.  I imagine either she was caught for an earlier offense, or she still had drugs on her after booking.

Here is the statute:

951.22  County detention facilities; contraband articles.--

(1)  It is unlawful, except through regular channels as duly authorized by the sheriff or officer in charge, to introduce into or possess upon the grounds of any county detention facility as defined in s. 951.23 or to give to or receive from any inmate of any such facility wherever said inmate is located at the time or to take or to attempt to take or send therefrom any of the following articles which are hereby declared to be contraband for the purposes of this act, to wit: Any written or recorded communication; any currency or coin; any article of food or clothing; any tobacco products as defined in s. 210.25(11); any cigarette as defined in s. 210.01(1); any cigar; any intoxicating beverage or beverage which causes or may cause an intoxicating effect; any narcotic, hypnotic, or excitative drug or drug of any kind or nature, including nasal inhalators, sleeping pills, barbiturates, and controlled substances as defined in s. 893.02(4); any firearm or any instrumentality customarily used or which is intended to be used as a dangerous weapon; and any instrumentality of any nature that may be or is intended to be used as an aid in effecting or attempting to effect an escape from a county facility.

Thank you for the info theboyzmom

Seiko, did'nt mean to infer that you were into any criminal activity 

Heart
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: April 20, 2009, 11:18:20 AM »

Reporters Notebook      
The Strain for a New Sheriff
By
Jared Halpern, Reporter
@ April 20, 2009 6:21 AM Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Talk about trial by fire. In just four months on the job, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy has been in the local and national media spotlight; a spotlight I'm not sure the law enforcement veteran was fully expecting.

My last chat with Hardy was just before Saturday night's news conference announcing two jail escapees, after a nationwide manhunt, were back behind bars. I joked with the Sheriff that I've spent more time in his county the past two and a half months than I had ever before in my three years in Jacksonville. He didn't laugh.

And I don't blame him. Just weeks into his transition, which started in January after upsetting incumbent Sheriff Dean Kelly in November's election, five-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her Satsuma home.

A nationwide Amber Alert, thousands of tips and countless clues have led his deputies nowhere. As the search continued, national media poured into rural Putnam County and before he even had his chair warmed-up, Hardy was live on the Today Show, CNN and Fox News.

Just a month into the fruitless search for Haleigh, 8-year-old DayQuones Hill was stabbed to death, police say, by the boyfriend of the child's mother. Adding to the media attention of that case, the suspect, 22-year-old Zacariah Williams had been released from jail just a week earlier.

Then, last week, a pair of violent inmates escaped from Hardy's jail. Timothy Fletcher and Doni Brown are also accused of killing a woman just hours after that escape and going on a crime spree as far away as Tennessee before returning to Pomona Park and being tackled by a huge police presence.

So, while the Sheriff certainly didn't laugh at my ill-timed joke about time spent in the Palatka area, he was smiling, albeit briefly, as he annouced the weekend caputure.

Sheriff Hardy made a point in his news conference to not let the good news of the capture outweigh the tragedy of Wednesday's killing of Helen Googe, allegedly at the hands of Brown and Fletcher.

But at least, for the first time in a long time, reporters were hearing some good news about a big case from a now very seasoned sheriff.

http://wokv.com/blogs/reporters_notebook/2009/04/the-strain-for-a-new-sheriff.html

Give him another 6 months at this rate, and he will without doubt be a very seasoned Sheriff for that County..  Another 5 years and he actually may have it pretty cleaned up.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: April 20, 2009, 11:19:13 AM »

NayNay and Amber both go to jail, supposingly Ron tries to snatch his youngest child.........I think thigs are starting to happen in Putnam and the heat is  defenaitly on, wonder what NayNay may be able to add to the Haleigh case that she may not have told until now, she will need all the help she can get to get out,  The same with Amber.........all this happened for a reason.........and I understand LE's reason for catching them and charging them.................This little kidnapping thing with Ron Jr.   ....WTH...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #691 on: April 20, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »

Updated report
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/4014463.php

REPORTERS NOTES 4/20/09 by TJ Hart

12:05 a.m.

I am chasing down information received at 11:48 pm by phone Sunday referencing a possible BOLO alert for Ron Cummings Sr. who is the father of missing 5-year-old Satsuma girl, Haleigh Cummings.

I was tipped by an informant, who shall be refered to as "Digs," in Putnam County, FL that a 911 call was made between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. stating that the father, Ronald Cummings Sr. sent his 4 year-old son, Ron Jr., to the door of his former girlfriend, Amber, in an attempt to lure the child he and Amber produced to come outside.

The information received from my informant also stated that a tall, thin male was also present near Ron Jr.

Our sources says that this was an attempt by Ron to take this child.

It’s been reported that Ronald Cummings Sr. is now behind in his support for that child.

9:35 a.m.

Contact was made with Lt. Johnny Greenwood to verify a BOLO (be on the lookout) for Ronald Cummings Sr. regarding a 911 call Sunday, April 19, at about 9:20 p.m..  The call allegedly from Amber Brooks where sources claim Ron tried to use his son, Ron Jr., to lure the child of Ron and Amber to the door in order to take him.

Lt. Greenwood said he could not verify that action and told me it was the first he'd heard of it.

Greenwood was then asked about Amber Brooks and Christina Rene Prevatt (a.k.a. Nay Nay) being arrested on drug charges.   He confirmed the arrests and bookings.

Amber Brooks (DOB 3-29-89) was arrested on charges of possession of cocaine, introduction of contraband into a detention facility and failure to appear.  Her bond is set at $2512. Booking time 8:04 a.m. ET.

Christina Rene Prevatt (aka "Nay Nay" DOB 5-30-90) was arrested on charges of possession of cocaine and introduction of contraband into a detention facility. Her bond is set at $2008. Booking time 8:39 a.m. ET.

Prevatt is the woman who introduced Misty Croslin-Cummings to Greg Page for a weekend of drugs and sex the weekend before Haleigh Cummings was taken from her Satsuma home. Misty was the last person to see Haleigh before she was abducted.

See an interview with "Nay Nay" on www.artharris.com.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #692 on: April 20, 2009, 11:43:41 AM »

Reading over at

It sounds like what happened last night could be that Ron might have thrown Amber under the bus, so to speak.  From what we've heard, Ron supposedly sent Ron Jr to the door to lure Jordan to the door so Ron could take him.  Am thinking that Ron would know that Amber or her parents/g.parents would then call 911.   

From Amber and Nay Nay's arrest charges this morning, we see that Amber had those charges for cocaine possession, contraband into the jail, and failure to appear.  Those don't look like new charges, at least not all of them.   

Sounds to me like LE already had a warrant out on her, and when she called 911 over Ron supposedly trying to grab Jordan, LE arrested and booked her for those other charges. 

Trying to grab Jordan *could have been* a set up by Ron so that LE would grab Amber and Nay Nay instead.   

9:35 a.m.

Contact was made with Lt. Johnny Greenwood to verify a BOLO (be on the lookout) for Ronald Cummings Sr. regarding a 911 call Sunday, April 19, at about 9:20 p.m..  The call allegedly from Amber Brooks where sources claim Ron tried to use his son, Ron Jr., to lure the child of Ron and Amber to the door in order to take him.

Lt. Greenwood said he could not verify that action and told me it was the first he'd heard of it.

Greenwood was then asked about Amber Brooks and Christina Rene Prevatt (a.k.a. Nay Nay) being arrested on drug charges.   He confirmed the arrests and bookings.

Amber Brooks (DOB 3-29-89) was arrested on charges of possession of cocaine, introduction of contraband into a detention facility and failure to appear.  Her bond is set at $2512. Booking time 8:04 a.m. ET.

Christina Rene Prevatt (aka "Nay Nay" DOB 5-30-90) was arrested on charges of possession of cocaine and introduction of contraband into a detention facility. Her bond is set at $2008. Booking time 8:39 a.m. ET.

Prevatt is the woman who introduced Misty Croslin-Cummings to Greg Page for a weekend of drugs and sex the weekend before Haleigh Cummings was taken from her Satsuma home. Misty was the last person to see Haleigh before she was abducted.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #693 on: April 20, 2009, 11:44:37 AM »

Sorry forgot to include the link where I was reading at:

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: April 20, 2009, 11:45:40 AM »

IDK It really makes no sense for him to have wanted to take the child, even if he thought/knew she's was going to be arrested.  maybe well get more details later, but the whole thing sounds crazy right now.

doesn't make sense to me either...he has shown no interest in this child from what we hear, why now?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #695 on: April 20, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »

oh no wait, i did.     Getting 2nd cup of coffee!   

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: April 20, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »

NayNay and Amber both go to jail, supposingly Ron tries to snatch his youngest child.........I think thigs are starting to happen in Putnam and the heat is  defenaitly on, wonder what NayNay may be able to add to the Haleigh case that she may not have told until now, she will need all the help she can get to get out,  The same with Amber.........all this happened for a reason.........and I understand LE's reason for catching them and charging them.................This little kidnapping thing with Ron Jr.   ....WTH...

Brings to mind the fist to cuffs that almost happened before it was broken up between Misty and Amber the weekend before Haleigh went missing.

Heart
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: April 20, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »

Let us hope that pulling that little trick, might have taken him right over the edge with LE..

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: April 20, 2009, 11:53:05 AM »

Birds of a feather, smoke crack together! 

Heart
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: April 20, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »

You know, thinking about it.. with the way these people party.. drugs, sex and rock n roll..  If ron hasn't established parentage of that child, and never been around him since birth.. not on the birth certificate.. How does he know the child is his??  And trying to kidnap someone else's child puts people in prison..  Just because someone walks up and say's, hey your the daddy.. doesn't make it a guarenteed thingy, written in stone.. look at short elevator, we have to wonder who's child she is carrying if, she is pregnant.  She has some options here. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.