April 25, 2024, 02:26:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 444836 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1380 on: April 24, 2009, 09:38:38 AM »

BLINDS or PROJECTION SCREEN, same thing IMO.

What if they have video or photos with a background they are trying to match up?
Good Morning, before I went to bed last night, that's what I was thinking.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1381 on: April 24, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »

Wow Deenie, thanks!  That's very interesting!   

OMG very interesting.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1382 on: April 24, 2009, 09:41:39 AM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/19266204/detail.html

Sources: FBI Visits 2nd Church In Cantu Case
Melissa Huckaby Charged In Tracy Girl's Death

POSTED: 5:55 pm PDT April 23, 2009
UPDATED: 6:34 pm PDT April 23, 2009

TRACY, Calif. -- In recent weeks, FBI agents visited a church along the Washington-Idaho border in connection with Melissa Huckaby's family, KCRA 3 has confirmed.

Huckaby, 28, has been charged in the homicide of 8-year-old Tracy girl Sandra Cantu. The girl's body was found in a suitcase pulled from an irrigation pond 10 days after she went missing.

"They were trying to put the pieces of their puzzle together. They were asking about certain people who might be able to lead them to other people. But I do not know exactly what they were looking for," Pastor Bill Creutzberg said by phone.
Sources close to the Cantu investigation told KCRA 3 that most of the FBI's questions centered on Pastor Lane Lawless.

Lawless, who lives in the mobile home park where Cantu once lived, is Huckaby's grandfather.

He is the pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church, which was searched while Sandra was missing and after Huckaby's arrest.

Sources told KCRA 3 that Lawless was questioned years ago as part of a report of suspected child abuse.

However, both the Asotin County Sheriff's Department and the Clarkston Police Department in Washington said they do not have any records of a criminal case ever being filed.

During the investigation, Lawless' wife, Connie, said Cantu visited their home often to play with their great granddaughter.

WOW.  Glad to see that the ball is rolling.............

I'm thinking that Grandpa may be at the root of this in many ways.  We all know how the "trickle down" theory applies in many cases of abuse.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1383 on: April 24, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »

Klaas
I have to find it but I did come across the Jeff and Cheryl Chammisa and other aka Cammissa living in Idaho - that shares the same address with Lane Lawless Tracy Ca.

I am going back ..in.
I am so mad I have it in my Notes that these People lived in Boise Idaho and they come up with the same address as Connie and Lane Lawless ..and I cant find it .. Arrr

Deenie, how's this:

CAMMISA, JEFFREY ALLEN
CAMMISA, JEFFREY A
CAMMISA, JEFF
(DOB: 05/1961)
(Age: 47)           

2931 LEMHI ST
BOISE, ID 83705-3423
ADA COUNTY
(06/2006-Current)

CAMMISA JEFF
(06/2006-Current)
999 PORTER AVE APT 19
STOCKTON, CA 95207-4278
SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY
(07/2006-09/2008)

What's the Idaho connection?

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1384 on: April 24, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »

(snipped)

That and I think the Lora Polk " complaint" should have been taken seriously. I don't care if she had a  Fifth of Gin strapped to her Head .. If her Kid was taken by MH without her Knowledge and returned to her .. Drugged. No Matter the Time frame that passed - the fact of the Matter is " Mamma Polk" took her Daughter to ER. She would not have done that if she was " worried" about herself or her past. She did it because she was concerned for her Daughter. The MH complaint should have been followed up on. My guess is that Ms. Polk does not have a standing reputation in the MHP. That should have had no bearing on anything though. Her Daughter was Drugged in Jan, and Sandra was taken in March. I think that LE dropped the Ball. They should have went Directly to MH's House that DAY.
 .. I think that this is just a huge travesty every which way it is. 

Deenie, you crack me up!  I also happen to agree with you completely.  I think the visual of that mom with a fifth of gin strapped to her head will be with me all day and will make me giggle!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1385 on: April 24, 2009, 09:58:05 AM »

Klaas
I have to find it but I did come across the Jeff and Cheryl Chammisa and other aka Cammissa living in Idaho - that shares the same address with Lane Lawless Tracy Ca.

I am going back ..in.

Deenie, look at the attached.  Page 3.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1386 on: April 24, 2009, 10:05:26 AM »

Thanks Deenie.

Klaas are you getting any new locally?  Or are you too far away?

I'm too far away to get any more than you would.  I'm checking on the church they looked at yesterday.  Looks like it's got as many parishoners and Clover Baptist.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1387 on: April 24, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »

Thanks Klaas, I can't figure out why a church that has a handful of church goers, even keeps up a church, the cost to keep it running makes no sense to me. Why not just have the service in your house? I sure have a sickening feeling where this is all going.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1388 on: April 24, 2009, 10:45:39 AM »

Quote from: no rose colored glasses link=topic=4853.msg782565#msg 782565 date=1240583104
Thanks Klaas, I can't figure out why a church that has a handful of church goers, even keeps up a church, the cost to keep it running makes no sense to me. Why not just have the service in your house? I sure have a sickening feeling where this is all going.

The report last night focused on lane lawless's past association with the church klass posted. apparently back in the 1980's there was a suspicion of child abuse/molestation that both he and a past preacher was questioned about. The investigation did not lead to an arrest and there are no records because the LE only kept records going back to the mid 1980's. The folks in town that remember this incident only regard it as "that thing" that happened by "that" man. No one is talking so far to a reporter there.

sorry I had to go last night.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1389 on: April 24, 2009, 10:47:22 AM »

Hmmm.. wrong thread!!  sorry.. 

Edit~  don't cry Wyksie.  It's fixed.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:38:07 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1390 on: April 24, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »

It gave me a chance to read about the little girl. I am sorry they haven't found her and I can't believe they fear she was sold
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1391 on: April 24, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »

Quote from: no rose colored glasses link=topic=4853.msg782565#msg 782565 date=1240583104

The report last night focused on lane lawless's past association with the church klass posted. apparently back in the 1980's there was a suspicion of child abuse/molestation that both he and a past preacher was questioned about. The investigation did not lead to an arrest and there are no records because the LE only kept records going back to the mid 1980's. The folks in town that remember this incident only regard it as "that thing" that happened by "that" man. No one is talking so far to a reporter there.

sorry I had to go last night.
I should not be shocked by this, but I have to say I am, no records because LE only kept records going back to mid 1980's. Now I also find it surprising no one in the town is talking to a reporter, but you can bet one will real soon.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1392 on: April 24, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »

Morning Wyks 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1393 on: April 24, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »

It gave me a chance to read about the little girl. I am sorry they haven't found her and I can't believe they fear she was sold

Glad to have helped out then.     Yep, that's a very good possibility, seems she has vanished into thin air, no evidence that we've heard about.  Am getting whiplash in Haleigh's case, just when one thinks nothing else crazier could possibly happen, well...... it does.  It's become a circus, and most of it takes the focus off finding Haleigh.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1394 on: April 24, 2009, 11:08:50 AM »

Morning Wyks 

Morning Rosie!  My doxie is turning me into a morning person!     <grumbles>  Wonder what today will bring in court.  What do you think about that lottery system they are using for folks to get in?  Can't decide if I like it or not. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1395 on: April 24, 2009, 11:16:26 AM »

You bet Wyks.  As my final post for the nite (I really do need to get to bed--a long day ahead of me tomorrow), I read on the San Joaquin County Superior Court website that the Court has denied all requests to broadcast, photograph, or record tomorrow's proceedings and any future proceedings.  Media will be allowed in the courtroom.  It also stated that the proceedings will begin at 12:45.

Thanks JessStar, I kinda figured this would happen with a gag order.  What's curious to me is that media will be allowed in the courtroom.  But they won't be allowed to "broadcast, photograph, or record" ??  So they just get to keep what they hear and see to themselves?  I don't get it.   

I think they'll be allowed to report on it.  They just can't "broadcast, photograph, or record."  Think of the trials you hear about where there aren't any photos, etc., but you see artist sketches of witnesses, etc., etc.  I'm pretty sure these public proceedings will remain public.  They just want to keep the eletronics out.

Assuming MH is arraigned today and she enters a plea, and depending on whether the prosecution adds more charges at some point in the future (which would require another arraignment), we can expect the prosecution to file its Information within 15 days or so.  For those of you who aren't familiar with that term, the Information is a document the prosecution files with the court that lays out its theory of the case.  The judge uses it to determine whether cause exists to hold the defendant over for trial on each of the enumerated charges.  I don't know if the document will be filed under seal.  My guess is probably yes, at least temporarily.  But if it's made public, it will be the public's first opportunity to catch a glimpse of the prosecution's case.  If additional charges are added, however, that 15 day period will be moved.  Typically in cases like this, the 15 day rule turns into months.  So don't hold your breath--we may be kept in the dark for quite some time.

Thanks JessStar!  I forgot about the artist sketches!  And thanks for explaining about 'Information' and the 15 day period.  Am not up to snuff on legal proceedings, and this helps in understanding it.  Thanks again! 

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1396 on: April 24, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »

Good morning monkeys & thanks for all the updates & new info.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090424/A_NEWS/904240326

(snipped):

Huckaby has yet to enter a plea, and that isn't likely to happen today, said Stockton attorney John Schick, who is an instructor at Humphreys College Laurence Drivon School of Law. Schick is not part of the case but agreed to comment on the court process.

San Joaquin County Public Defender Sam Behar and his investigator likely know little about the prosecution's case at this point, Schick said.

"They probably have learned more about this case from what they have read in the media or seen on TV," Schick said. "That lack of information makes it really difficult for it to move forward."

At this stage, he said Huckaby's attorney will likely ask prosecutors for all the evidence that the Tracy Police Department and FBI have collected, such as the interview investigators had with Huckaby the night of her arrest.

Thomas Testa, a San Joaquin County deputy district attorney, is considering whether he will take Huckaby's case to a grand jury - which considers indictments behind closed doors - or put it through a preliminary hearing - which is public.

"A grand jury would indict this thing in a minute," Schick said.

Huckaby's mental health issues - an inevitable part of the case - will likely come up later in the case, Schick said.

Before the judge issued a gag order, Behar's boss, Public Defender Peter Fox, questioned the objectivity of forensic pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu, who performed Sandra's autopsy.

Huckaby's defense team first asked and then withdrew a motion to exhume Sandra's body so its own pathologist could perform an autopsy to refute the rape charge. Fox later said that wasn't necessary because Omalu had preserved necessary tissue samples.

Fox said of Omalu's autopsy: "It's all based on one person's word."

Meanwhile, Sandra's death continues to resonate.

Rep. Jerry McNerney, D-Pleasanton, memorialized her Thursday on the House floor in Washington. In a brief speech, McNerney said Sandra's death even touched those who didn't know her.

"Sandra was a cheerful, friendly girl whose joy for life was evident whether she was doing cartwheels or playing on the jungle gym," he said. "She brightened the lives of everyone she came into contact with."

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Contact reporter Scott Smith at (209) 546-8296 or ssmith@recordnet.com.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1397 on: April 24, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »

Good morning monkeys & thanks for all the updates & new info.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090424/A_NEWS/904240326

(snipped):

Huckaby has yet to enter a plea, and that isn't likely to happen today, said Stockton attorney John Schick, who is an instructor at Humphreys College Laurence Drivon School of Law. Schick is not part of the case but agreed to comment on the court process.

San Joaquin County Public Defender Sam Behar and his investigator likely know little about the prosecution's case at this point, Schick said.

"They probably have learned more about this case from what they have read in the media or seen on TV," Schick said. "That lack of information makes it really difficult for it to move forward."

At this stage, he said Huckaby's attorney will likely ask prosecutors for all the evidence that the Tracy Police Department and FBI have collected, such as the interview investigators had with Huckaby the night of her arrest.

Thomas Testa, a San Joaquin County deputy district attorney, is considering whether he will take Huckaby's case to a grand jury - which considers indictments behind closed doors - or put it through a preliminary hearing - which is public.

"A grand jury would indict this thing in a minute," Schick said.

Huckaby's mental health issues - an inevitable part of the case - will likely come up later in the case, Schick said.

Before the judge issued a gag order, Behar's boss, Public Defender Peter Fox, questioned the objectivity of forensic pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu, who performed Sandra's autopsy.

Huckaby's defense team first asked and then withdrew a motion to exhume Sandra's body so its own pathologist could perform an autopsy to refute the rape charge. Fox later said that wasn't necessary because Omalu had preserved necessary tissue samples.

Fox said of Omalu's autopsy: "It's all based on one person's word."

Meanwhile, Sandra's death continues to resonate.

Rep. Jerry McNerney, D-Pleasanton, memorialized her Thursday on the House floor in Washington. In a brief speech, McNerney said Sandra's death even touched those who didn't know her.

"Sandra was a cheerful, friendly girl whose joy for life was evident whether she was doing cartwheels or playing on the jungle gym," he said. "She brightened the lives of everyone she came into contact with."

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Contact reporter Scott Smith at (209) 546-8296 or ssmith@recordnet.com.

I was silently wondering if they were going to go to the grand jury route.  For information, there are two ways to bring a criminal case to court.  The first is by information.  That requires the filing of a public document by the prosecution that essentially lays out the prosecution's case.  Then the judge decides at a public, preliminary hearing whether there is sufficient evidence to take the case to trial.  On the other hand, Grand Jury proceedings are secret.  Typically the defense does not get to participate in the grand jury process.  Rather, the prosecution presents its case and the GRAND JURY decides where there is sufficient evidence to support a conviction on each of the charges.  If so, the Grand Jury enters an indictment on enumerated charges, and the case goes forward.

There is NO QUESTION IN MY MIND that a grand jury will return an indictment in this case.  And if I were a betting man, we'll hear Behar complain today that he hasn't had access to any evidence so MH can't enter a plea, that his pathologist wants to see the tissue samples asap, and that we'll be seeing a grand jury empaneled in the very near future.  Unfortunately, that will delay the case, as the grand jury process can take quite some time to conclude. 

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1398 on: April 24, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »

Thank you Jess.  I'm not at all familiar with the California court system, so your input is greatly appreciated.  You are always able to explain it so that I can understand.  (And believe me, that is no easy task). 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1399 on: April 24, 2009, 12:13:29 PM »

Morning Wyks 

Morning Rosie!  My doxie is turning me into a morning person!     <grumbles>  Wonder what today will bring in court.  What do you think about that lottery system they are using for folks to get in?  Can't decide if I like it or not. 

I know it was used during Phil Spector's first trial, I guess it's alright, since the court room can't seat all the people that want to be in there. I'm sure there is much grumbling done by the people that can't get in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.