March 29, 2024, 09:19:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 442464 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1760 on: April 26, 2009, 12:40:36 AM »

Idk about anyone else here but I found all that highly entertaining and enlightening.  I just learned loads about the cyber world.  I think I'll go google my name and see who is slandering my butt on the www now!! ha! ha! 

Sorry for the ot.  The cyber stalking crap I did not find funny at all.  And sorry to any of you who may have had this happen.  I mean it's one thing to disagree on a issue completly another to scope out any personal info on some one and use it w/evil intent.  Anyway very amusing to say the least on all the other stuff. 

Thanks Klaas and other mods for figuring out the bad guys and using your judgement to get them gone and keeping some civility here at SM.

P.S. I wonder if I'll be quoted at forumwars now?!
Serenity7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1761 on: April 26, 2009, 12:46:35 AM »

Quote from Serenity
"And before this concept gets shot down by the posters on this board...let me tell you that I've actually worked in the mental health field

If this is true, which I highly doubt, I would suggest your were sitting on the wrong side of the table. 

What exactly is that monkey in your avatar doing?

No, I  worked in the mental health field. Wanna know the scary thing? Wait for it...................it was with....that's right..........children! Including:
Physical abuse of children, retardation, handicapped, fecophilia, sexual abuse (on the client), psychotic disorders (the worst...by far), suicide attempts, sexual abuse (by the client) on siblings, sexual abuse (by the client) on neighbors (including 17 year olds on 4 year olds), sexual abuse (by the client) on neighbors pets, passive aggressive behavior, post traumatic stress disorder, psychopathology (killing the neighbors pets), drug abuse...oh, and the hair eater! Would tear chunks of hair out and eat it...right in front of you. Had to take a family to get lice treatment once in my car. Went to every food bank, shelter, halfway house, other mental agencies, courts, schools, and hospitals in that county.

At one time I can remember having 72 clients on my book for that month. That's a freakishly high number of clients to serve. Particularly in one month.

I've testified in court both in favor of my clients receiving continuing treatment, and at the opposite extreme, recommending incarceration to the judge. You've never seen a judge's eyes fly open further than when he hears you say, "Send the (paying) client to jail your honor, it's best for him." He must have thought up was down after I said that.

I had clients assigned to me after they'd murdered someone, five or six after they'd robbed a store (armed robbery), had one come to my home and break in, and had to step between two people for more than one fight. Most of the clients were in neighborhoods you wouldn't want to drive thru at 80, much less stop and walk up to the door, leaving your car unattended outside, for a couple of hours. (Strangely enough...never got robbed.) Although...not all my clients were..some of them were in houses you'd think would NEVER have such problems hiding behind their doors.

So I've had clients that were sexually abused and physically beaten at ages that make you vomit to think about. After the 200th time or so...what people do to each other, how crazy they can be...nothing surprises you much anymore.

I quit one day when I realized that my office was going to walk away from a client that CLEARLY needed help. His Medicaid was about to run out you see? It's amazing how many people suddenly and miraculously heal after the office finds out the money to pay for their treatment is about to dry up. No connection I'm sure.

So, now, I call 'em like I see 'em. Say what you mean and don't use fancy words to step around it.

So I notice you comment was bordering on being a personal slam. Those are allowed on here? I'll remember that.

k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1762 on: April 26, 2009, 12:49:06 AM »

K-

I have no clue what the flaaznock happened.
Where were we?

Sorry mods had a rough time, I appreciate all you do -
B
No clue what happened here today, at the neighbors for a BBQ, but sounds like it was handled good job mods.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1763 on: April 26, 2009, 12:54:26 AM »

FYI,
Blink and her website are being discussed in an interesting way over at that other forum where they often whip up drama.
Just thought Blink might like to know.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82366&page=24
Lonemonkey ... they over there .. no really likey us over here. As we are not connected in anyway .. they have their own point of view. I was a member of over there for 1/2 a day .. way back  " actually" I joined the day Cindy was on Greta stating Caylee was a Missing Child.  Someway, some how .. I am totally clueless of why " they banned me after 3 posts"... needless to say I then found Scared Monkeys and have been here ever since. I like my Cages .. they are filled with Good People who do not hide behind pretense..
One thing you can count on here for the most part ... Once a Monkey always a Monkey.
Over there its a mixed bag of Cheerleaders who's pom pom's dried up a long time ago.
Yah they do sometimes get their digs in with Info but who cares you know
But you know what? What is important to me ..and I am sure many Monkeys will offer the same opinion ..They don't offer the Love that we have here.
For all the slayers of Ms. Blink ..I say Boo hoo. If Blink wanted to create a site that was a unofficially unofficial ..she would not put in her blood sweat and tears in as she does ..it would be pointless.
I know why you put up the link for all of us to see ..Its cool. Just don't take any thing from " over there" for granted.. they just jealous 

All the Mods here too .. Stand for the Girl where she be Natalie, Caylee, Sandra, Haleigh, countless others .. and our Precious Lost Son Adji ..

Lonemonkey You will find many friends here 

Thanks Deenie!!!
I really hope I DO make some friends here
!
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1764 on: April 26, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »

K-

I have no clue what the flaaznock happened.
Where were we?

Sorry mods had a rough time, I appreciate all you do -
B
No clue what happened here today, at the neighbors for a BBQ, but sounds like it was handled good job mods.

I completely missed it...
Too busy researching!
Serenity7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1765 on: April 26, 2009, 01:04:22 AM »

However, y'all have proven the Judge's point if the mere DESCRIPTION is enough to upset you...imagine the reaction in the jury pool if this was shown on 60 Minutes.

Are you familiar with Alfred Hitchcock's work?  Sometimes what isn't shown and what you don't see can be scarier then what you can see and are shown.  JMHO

That's good for Hollywood. Not so good in the courts. (Because they lack imagination?...bound to their law books so much that they see the letter not the spirit...? I digress).

Most of the judges I worked with wanted to see facts, figures, estimates, and progress...however incremental...toward set goals. Details...details...details. Except when they didn't want to see them. But the legal process is predicated on picking over an issue loooong past the time most normal people would give up.
Serenity7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1766 on: April 26, 2009, 01:09:10 AM »

Quote from Serenity
"And before this concept gets shot down by the posters on this board...let me tell you that I've actually worked in the mental health field and the giving of a shot of alcohol, or an anti-depressant that has been not been prescribed for a child, or a muscle relaxant by irresponsible parents...in order to keep their children from "acting out" is by NO MEANS uncommon. I suppose you could say the same thing is done legally for cases of ADHD and some other disorders."

You suppose wrongly, IMO.  That would not be "done legally" for any child with any kind of disorder.  Please educate yourself re ADHD before making such an outlandish statement about it.  Thanx.

Perhaps not anymore. But a very few years ago when I was working in the "Field", it was quite common for parents to call up our office and say, paraphrased, "The schools says unless we can get little Johnny to stop running through the halls, they are tossing him out." So you set a session. They bring him in. He climbs the walls. He gets his meds.
After a time though..I noticed...that the bar for getting meds...got lower...and lower........and lower...........and finally it was pretty much people would say, "He comes in from school and wants to chat about his day and I'm too tired to deal with it...can you give him something?"
Over medicating kids *use* to be a problem. But I've been out of that field for a while, so you may be right.
Serenity7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1767 on: April 26, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »

Quote from Serenity
"And before this concept gets shot down by the posters on this board...let me tell you that I've actually worked in the mental health field and the giving of a shot of alcohol, or an anti-depressant that has been not been prescribed for a child, or a muscle relaxant by irresponsible parents...in order to keep their children from "acting out" is by NO MEANS uncommon. I suppose you could say the same thing is done legally for cases of ADHD and some other disorders."

You suppose wrongly, IMO.  That would not be "done legally" for any child with any kind of disorder.  Please educate yourself re ADHD before making such an outlandish statement about it.  Thanx.

Perhaps not anymore. But a very few years ago when I was working in the "Field", it was quite common for parents to call up our office and say, paraphrased, "The schools says unless we can get little Johnny to stop running through the halls, they are tossing him out." So you set a session. They bring him in. He climbs the walls. He gets his meds.
After a time though..I noticed...that the bar for getting meds...got lower...and lower........and lower...........and finally it was pretty much people would say, "He comes in from school and wants to chat about his day and I'm too tired to deal with it...can you give him something?"
Over medicating kids *use* to be a problem. But I've been out of that field for a while, so you may be right.

And before someone asks...no, I was not the doctor nor the therapist on staff. I did not have the power to recommend scripts or to write them. I was just a grunt.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1768 on: April 26, 2009, 01:25:37 AM »

Quote from Serenity

Ya know what?  I'm not gonna take the bait.  We disagree.  Not sure what any of this has to do about Sandra anyway. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1769 on: April 26, 2009, 01:27:50 AM »

Well
It's getting late and it's pretty quiet.
I'll see you monkeys in the morning with a nice steamy cup of jo' !
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1770 on: April 26, 2009, 01:29:00 AM »

Serenity is banned.  I'm not in the mood after everything that went on today to play her argumentative games. 
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1771 on: April 26, 2009, 01:30:13 AM »

Good for you Wyks!!!
It's just an energy drain to engage!

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1772 on: April 26, 2009, 01:31:39 AM »

Serenity is banned.  I'm not in the mood after everything that went on today to play her argumentative games. 

I'm pretty new around here so I hope you don't mind me sayin' :

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1773 on: April 26, 2009, 01:33:00 AM »

This has been mentioned before, I just think what Sandra's father is doing, is a good thing.   

Murdered Girl's Father To Start Foundation

Posted: 4:34 pm PDT April 24, 2009
Sandra Cantu's father issued a statement Friday saying he has formed a foundation to help other families affected by violence. The group will be called "FACT," or Fathers Against Child Tragedies.

Daniel Cantu did not attend Friday's court hearing for Melissa Huckaby,who is accused of Sandra Cantu’s murder. Instead, he had a friend read from a written statement.

“Feeling helpless through this entire process, Daniel now feels compelled to make a difference and make sure his daughter's death is not in vain,” said Gina Schnabel, Mr. Cantu's spokesperson.

Daniel Cantu said his group will take part in the annual victims of violent crimes march at the California state capitol on April 29th.

http://www.ktvu.com/sports/19275986/detail.html#-

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1774 on: April 26, 2009, 01:33:17 AM »

agreed.
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1775 on: April 26, 2009, 01:36:46 AM »

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1776 on: April 26, 2009, 01:38:09 AM »

I meant agree on red button and w/wyks. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1777 on: April 26, 2009, 01:40:02 AM »

Thanks LoneMonkey!  Sweet dreams to you as well! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1778 on: April 26, 2009, 01:41:50 AM »

Yeppers.  It's been a crazy night.  Is there a full moon?  lol

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1779 on: April 26, 2009, 01:50:44 AM »

Yeppers.  It's been a crazy night.  Is there a full moon?  lol

Not yet Wyks.  I think we may need personal security harnesses for when the full moon does come based.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.