March 29, 2024, 02:26:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 442435 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: April 17, 2009, 10:29:10 PM »

It doesn't surprise me at all. I think the mythos that child predators are all these greasy scary looking guys or dark hooded figures is bunk. They are our neighbors, relatives and friends. I think the creepy scary ones get press...the normal guy next door doesn't? I don't know but it's rampant.

As far as the defense exhuming the body of Sandra. I think if they need to they should. I don't think they need the parents permission as it's not the parents that are charging Hucakby. I think when yer dead, yer dead so it won't hurt her anymore. It may hurt us but we can't forget those 2 pesky little critters...constitution and bill of rights. So do it, get it over with, put her back and go ahead.

Makes me glad I don't have kids. Keeping my idiot dogs safe is stressful enough. 

O/T

Another "minister" charged with taping teen boys in sex acts.. Hillsborough County, FL.   

It is really hard to comprehend all of this.

Fishstick-
I mean no personal offense, maybe you dont realize the glib way you came across. I try to respect everyone's perspective, truly.
But if you cant comprehend the gravity of the exhumation of a raped and murdered 8 year old vis a vie her rapist/murderer, perhaps you should stick to subjects that you can be more sensitive about.
ps. You do realize this child was also then dumped in the equivalent of a field toilet as well, right?

Blink

ps. I apologize for my candor but wth?
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: April 17, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-huckaby13-2009apr13,0,6408687.story
snipped
Madison Huckaby - 5 yr old daughter of MH

According to both families, Huckaby's daughter become good friends with Sandra, and the two played together often. Madison left on a pre-arranged vacation with family members shortly after her friend disappeared, relatives said.

Planned after Sandra went missing and they sniffed it back to Huckaby, I dont give a rats bippy what they say. They knew this was coming and wanted her out there, period.
B

On the motion to (in essence) to exhume Sandra, no way that will happen. The Tox results arent back yet so a full autopsy result isnt even available to the defense yet.. Lastly, I am discouraged if the aggravating circumstance charge as to the "raped by instrument" charge if only alleged by genital trauma and nothing else. The way the motion was worded makes me think it may be. I have no doubt that this precious child was raped, but if the charge was only based on the physical exam, someone is going to have to explain to me how they are so sure there was no man involved here.
I feel the same way Sad

can you explain why it concerns you?

I wrote this post and deleted it 3 different times I fear it is too graphic, but I'll keep trying.

Loosely asked, I am hopeful they can tell there was a foreign instrument vs. other based on direct evidence of same, not just because they know there was penetration and that would be a physical impossibility on the part of Huckaby and absent other suspects. Admittedly, I believe there is another's involvement and that tempers my concerns. Not that I find it exculpatory in any way whatsoever, I just want everyone involved caught and prosecuted.
B

ITA I too think someone else is involved....

ok, without being too graphic, can LE tell if Sandra was sexual assulted before her death? In other words.....could LE tell if Sandra was sexually assulted multi times before her death? Like scaring or taring?............sorry to be so graphic but perhaps this wasn't the first time Sandra was MH's victim?

In this case, they will be able to tell if the trauma was caused by the abuse that led to her death, and that it preceded her death.  Whether she will also exhibit signs of repeated abuse will depend on the mechanism of that abuse.

agreed, they also consider her medical record prior to her death if it includes any related data. In short, in general if this is going on with an 8 year old previously, there are many signs medically.
B
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: April 17, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »

I thought it was uncommon for the defense to request their own autopsy?  The coroner is independent and does not work for the prosecution.  It is their job not to be bias and to do an accurate autopsy.  THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: April 17, 2009, 10:50:28 PM »

Snipped for space

It doesn't surprise me at all. I think the mythos that child predators are all these greasy scary looking guys or dark hooded figures is bunk. They are our neighbors, relatives and friends. I think the creepy scary ones get press...the normal guy next door doesn't? I don't know but it's rampant.

As far as the defense exhuming the body of Sandra. I think if they need to they should. I don't think they need the parents permission as it's not the parents that are charging Hucakby. I think when yer dead, yer dead so it won't hurt her anymore. It may hurt us but we can't forget those 2 pesky little critters...constitution and bill of rights. So do it, get it over with, put her back and go ahead.

Makes me glad I don't have kids. Keeping my idiot dogs safe is stressful enough. 

Fishstickkitty,
In life Sandra had the right to not be raped and killed, and in death she has the right to not be continually violated at the continual whim of MH. Her body should never again be disrespected and used for anyone's pleasure or as a possible excuse.  It is a matter of respect and dignity, not a matter of constitutional rights. There is no reason to question the report that has already been done

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2009, 10:51:54 PM »

Sorry I didn't post that right, I didn't page down enough, my apologies
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2009, 11:19:02 PM »

ITA I too think someone else is involved....

ok, without being too graphic, can LE tell if Sandra was sexual assulted before her death? In other words.....could LE tell if Sandra was sexually assulted multi times before her death? Like scaring or taring?............sorry to be so graphic but perhaps this wasn't the first time Sandra was MH's victim?

In this case, they will be able to tell if the trauma was caused by the abuse that led to her death, and that it preceded her death.  Whether she will also exhibit signs of repeated abuse will depend on the mechanism of that abuse.
[/quote]

I could swear that I heard a blip on HLN the other day that the investigators believe that the rape occured AFTER her death. Not sure what day it was, but it was on Prime News.
I don't understand why the defense wants her body exhumed, and my heart goes out to her family if they decide to. There could be some new information that has come to light, and they want more evidence, but this coming just days after her burial... it is just wrong. Her poor mother is on the verge of a collapse, and who could blame her??
Also wondering if the information about it being a foreign object came from a confession, or was it determined in the autopsy?
And ITA, I think someone else was involved.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »

Sandra's family had to accept the knowledge that she was brutally raped and murdered, then stuffed inside a suitcase and tossed into a drainage ditch like garbage. Add to that the indignity of an autopsy, and the absolute devastation of burying their sweet precious little girl. I cannot imagine the horror of thinking the defense wants to exhume her body and do another autopsy or examination, just to help her murderer's case. It is WRONG... and if it were me, I would fight it with the last breath in my body. Constitutional rights be damned... this is crazy!!
What a sad day that criminals have ALL the rights and the victims have NONE!!

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2009, 11:34:52 PM »

Sandra's family had to accept the knowledge that she was brutally raped and murdered, then stuffed inside a suitcase and tossed into a drainage ditch like garbage. Add to that the indignity of an autopsy, and the absolute devastation of burying their sweet precious little girl. I cannot imagine the horror of thinking the defense wants to exhume her body and do another autopsy or examination, just to help her murderer's case. It is WRONG... and if it were me, I would fight it with the last breath in my body. Constitutional rights be damned... this is crazy!!

my sentiments as well....it is just so wrong in so many ways....

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2009, 11:39:45 PM »

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #749 on: April 17, 2009, 11:53:39 PM »

I thought it was uncommon for the defense to request their own autopsy?  The coroner is independent and does not work for the prosecution.  It is their job not to be bias and to do an accurate autopsy.  THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH. 
This is my understanding as well.
After I asked my question earlier as to whether or not it could hurt the prosecution during trial if the defense were not granted a second autopsy I called a friend of mine who is a Defense attorney out here. He said that generally only one autopsy is conducted and unless the defense in this case can prove either contamination / inept or that there is a reason for bias on the part of the coroner they have no shot at exhumation.
Lets hope this is indeed the case and the judge sees things the same way.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #750 on: April 17, 2009, 11:55:37 PM »

O/T

Another "minister" charged with taping teen boys in sex acts.. Hillsborough County, FL.   

Hi everyone

I was searching for info on this Pastor Harris that Wyks posted.  I wanted to check out the church and see if it was another small one like Clover Road.  Haven't been able to find that out yet but I did find this-
April 17, 2009

Salinas Catholic priest accused of molestation
SALINAS (CA)
The Californian

By SUNITA VIJAYAN • April 17, 2009

A Roman Catholic priest in Salinas has been suspended of his church duties as Salinas police investigate allegations he had sexual contact with a teenage boy.

The Rev. Antonio Cortes, pastor of St. Mary of the Nativity Catholic Church, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of unlawful sexual behavior with a minor and providing alcohol to a minor. Police said Cortes was arrested at the church's office, which is opposite the actual church, 1747 Second Ave.

This afternoon, Cortes remained in Monterey County Jail with bail set at $750,000.

Posted by Kathy Shaw at 9:56 PM

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/AbuseTracker/

Isn't Salinas where the other "Lawless" church is?????
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: April 18, 2009, 12:44:49 AM »

That would be my thinking as well.  But....remember Drew Peterson's wife, was exhumed and now they are calling it a homicide.  Prior her family said that he had something to do with her death, but until they exhumed her and did an autopsy. Don't understand why the first one would not have given the results.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: April 18, 2009, 12:50:57 AM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/19212602/detail.html

May Not Hear Huckaby's ArraignmentPublic Defender Asks For Independent Autopsy

POSTED: 3:58 pm PDT April 17, 2009
UPDATED: 4:29 pm PDT April 17, 2009

SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY, Calif. -- A judge who was scheduled to hear Melissa Huckaby's arraignment may be replaced or taken off the case.

Judge Terrence Van Oss, the judge who was scheduled to hear an arraignment for Huckaby on April 24, could have a conflict of interest because he was the witness for the prosecution in a capital murder case in which Tom Testa, a San Joaquin County deputy district attorney, was the prosecutor.

On April 24, Van Oss was scheduled to hear a possible motion for an independent autopsy and also a continued arraignment for Huckaby.

The attorney for the 28-year-old woman charged with kidnapping, raping and murdering 8-year-old Sandra Cantu wants her body disinterred to conduct his own autopsy.

The girl's remains were found last week in a suitcase pulled from an irrigation pond near her Tracy home.

Huckaby's public defender, Sam Behar, has asked a judge to allow an independent pathologist to examine Cantu's body.

Behar said he is requesting a second autopsy because the rape allegation against his client is based on the coroner's finding that Sandra had suffered genital trauma.

He called the autopsy "crucial and material" to his client's defense and asked the court to move quickly, saying Cantu's body was deteriorating.

A judge has yet to rule on the request.
TiggerKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #753 on: April 18, 2009, 01:09:19 AM »

ITA!   This is so sad for Sandra's family.

TiggerKitty =^..^=
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #754 on: April 18, 2009, 03:31:58 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-huckaby13-2009apr13,0,6408687.story
snipped
Madison Huckaby - 5 yr old daughter of MH

According to both families, Huckaby's daughter become good friends with Sandra, and the two played together often. Madison left on a pre-arranged vacation with family members shortly after her friend disappeared, relatives said.

Planned after Sandra went missing and they sniffed it back to Huckaby, I dont give a rats bippy what they say. They knew this was coming and wanted her out there, period.
B

On the motion to (in essence) to exhume Sandra, no way that will happen. The Tox results arent back yet so a full autopsy result isnt even available to the defense yet.. Lastly, I am discouraged if the aggravating circumstance charge as to the "raped by instrument" charge if only alleged by genital trauma and nothing else. The way the motion was worded makes me think it may be. I have no doubt that this precious child was raped, but if the charge was only based on the physical exam, someone is going to have to explain to me how they are so sure there was no man involved here.
I feel the same way Sad

can you explain why it concerns you?
It is a concern because I feel that there is more than One person responsible for Sandra's Death. I think that MH did not act alone. I believe that their is connections to others that were involved with Sandra's kidnapping and her death. More people need to be investigated. Key players are Men that were under speculation from the get go.
I am sure that LE is watching them and will keep them close. This does end with MH. jmo

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #755 on: April 18, 2009, 03:55:21 AM »

Don't know if you find this interesting but I do and especially since it is in regards to Pastor Lane Lawless -

http://www.eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2009/04/pastor-lane-lawless-video.html

I apologize in advance if it has already been posted but I don't recall seeing it here.

No - I had not seen that before. Very interesting indeed! No idea who this woman is behind the web site or how credible she may be - but she most certainly spoke to everything that I have been feeling every time I see Pastor 'Poor Old Grandpa'. Validates that others see/feel it too. . . it's the proverbial 'hinky'/sleaze meter going off in my head & making my gut do flip flops. . .

Thanks for sharing your find, 4getUnot!
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: April 18, 2009, 04:14:17 AM »

That, too, was a great find; Marcia Clark really has a way with words, doesn't she? Didin't realize she was such a talented writer. Thanks for sharing (may I call you Rosie?!?...)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #757 on: April 18, 2009, 07:13:16 AM »

TxLady...this is one of the best posts I have ever seen on any forum. Just wanted to say that, lol. Carry on......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ChihuahuaMom
Scared Monkey

LittleMan 2008 AKC top 5th agility chihuahua

« Reply #758 on: April 18, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »

O/T

Hi everyone

I was searching for info on this Pastor Harris that Wyks posted.  I wanted to check out the church and see if it was another small one like Clover Road.  Haven't been able to find that out yet but I did find this-
April 17, 2009

Salinas Catholic priest accused of molestation
SALINAS (CA)
The Californian

By SUNITA VIJAYAN • April 17, 2009

A Roman Catholic priest in Salinas has been suspended of his church duties as Salinas police investigate allegations he had sexual contact with a teenage boy.

The Rev. Antonio Cortes, pastor of St. Mary of the Nativity Catholic Church, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of unlawful sexual behavior with a minor and providing alcohol to a minor. Police said Cortes was arrested at the church's office, which is opposite the actual church, 1747 Second Ave.

This afternoon, Cortes remained in Monterey County Jail with bail set at $750,000.

Posted by Kathy Shaw at 9:56 PM

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/AbuseTracker/

Isn't Salinas where the other "Lawless" church is?????

wow, My son is in Salinas.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #759 on: April 18, 2009, 09:51:20 AM »

That, too, was a great find; Marcia Clark really has a way with words, doesn't she? Didin't realize she was such a talented writer. Thanks for sharing (may I call you Rosie?!?...)
Yes, you may call me Rosie. And I thought it was very interesting too. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.