March 28, 2024, 11:31:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 442418 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #920 on: April 20, 2009, 07:01:18 PM »

Wyks  I have no training on anything like this, but what I'm wondering about with Melissa, she sure seems to do a lot of things for attention, the supposed rape, maybe the two fires, talking to the media, she pretty much did everything but put a sign on her forehead saying she killed Sandra. For attention I'm sure, but raping and killing a child, I can't imagine that was for attention. That would be quite a horrific leap for attention. 

Melissa's actions sure makes me think she was begging for attention/help.  Could it be that she had been trying to get the attention/help for a long long time, and no one was really listening to her?  Dunno. 

Yet *if* what we've heard about her from others is true, then it seems her actions have gotten progressively worse as time has gone by.  And if no one was listening to her cry for attention/help, then she may have been getting more and more desperate with each action in trying to get someone to listen, so each action got worse and worse.  Lord only knows what likely has happened that we haven't heard about yet.  While we've heard of some of her supposed actions, we haven't heard much at all about what would be the reason/s Melissa perhaps felt more and more desperate for attention/help. 

Am thinking that it may not be as huge a leap as you first thought, Rosie.  Cuz remember, Melissa supposedly was suicidal in the 6th grade........ then there was the supposed rape by a cop......... then there were those two fires.......... then there were those theft (?) charges....... then the story about that child in Melissa's care who had been drugged......... then Sandra abducted, raped, killed.......... 

Have heard that LE investigated what happened to the child who had been drugged, but we haven't heard much about resulted from that investigation.  Perhaps Melissa was only questioned?  And if she was screaming for attention/help, then what happened with that child may have led to what happened with Sandra. 

After Sandra's body was found, with Melissa basically taking LE by the hand and pointing out her involvement step by step, LE would have had to have been deaf and blind not to have heard Melissa's cry for attention/help.

Still doesn't excuse Melissa, IMO, from the consequences of what she may have done or participated in.  A progression of this type does not mean that she is insane, or anywhere near that, because an insane person typically does not take such measured steps.  It does mean that she very likely was desperate for attention/help (for whatever reason), but she won't be able to use that as a defense for abduction/rape/murder. IMO

HLN had a snippet on this this afternoon.  They spoke with someone from Tracy Press who gave a little more facts on the previous "drugging" incident.  He said the little girl was seen in a Kia Sportage much like the one MH owns.  He said she was found in a field I believe, drugged with muscle relaxants.  When asked about it, Tracy PD wouldn't comment as part of an ongoing investigation.  Some are suggesting this was a "dry run," or that something spooked her and she let the child go.

Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #921 on: April 20, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »

I wonder how many more parents are now going to come forward and say their child was also drugged?  MH is really sick!
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #922 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »

I think they ought to exhume the body. For one thing, an additional examination might reveal evidence of additional perpetrators involved. Does this help MH's case? Absolutely. That's one reason why the defense wants an examination. If evidence of another party being involved is brought up, then this introduces doubt about MH's involvement and defuses her responsibility for the crime across other individuals. That's a win for the defense.

But look at it from society's and from "the law's" side though. IF another person is involved...we want them found! I don't like the idea of there potentially being someone out there who may have either helped in the commission of a murder, or who might have helped to cover it up after the fact. If an additional autopsy shows that another person was involved, then I wouldn't object to this discovery being made.

Do I think that MH is guilty of flipping her lid and murdering Sandra? Yes I do. She matches near precisely the profile of the person I predicted some 20 hours BEFORE Melissa was arrested. Even down to details like having a kid, there being a church, with a shed, as being relevant to the case. So I'm on board with the concept she is responsible for Sandra's murder.

I seriously though question whether MH had anything to do with any activity of rape. Murder, yes. But rape...no. It will take quite a convincing demonstration of the evidence for me to believe that a rape OF ANY KIND occurred. I am frequently wrong...and I have often been proven wrong...but I have feel this was more about jealousy and envy than for any sexual reason.  My personal belief is that MH had been feeling some resentment toward Sandra for a while. Much the same type of resentment that a person might have toward another child that excels over their own child. This resentment may have developed into a plan to "get rid of" Sandra. Probably as a vague fantasy of revenge, or annoyance, that got out of control and festered. So something happened that day that finally tipped MH's fantasy from being merely mental into something far worse. Then I think that Sandra was either drugged/poisoned or smothered, or a combination of both. I keep coming back to the impression that something was done to her left leg or foot. Some damage of some kind. I don't know if that is a needle injection point, or rope burns, or what. So I'm waiting to see what the autopsy says just to see if anything is mentioned with that.

I have now come to believe that after the murder MH freaked out. Vague plans of getting rid of Sandra that remain fantasies are all fine, but she now finds herself in a situation with a body she's got to hide. And I think she decided she needed some help to get rid of it. So she either calls or walks to someones house and says, "......I'm in real trouble....I need your help." Whoever it is that she called, which I believe was a male, is a pretty dark individual. I think that the actual time of transporting the body was sometime later that night after the murder. Anytime before 9 o clock...and you're dumping a body in daylight. Between 9 and 12...although I don't know Tracy's nightlife...if it is anything like most towns nightlife, you will have teenagers and other folks out cruising around doing nothing (except watching) until midnight or so. (Locals from Tracy can point out how my theory on this issue fails...for curfew reasons or other things I'm not aware of.) So I believe that Sandra's body was...importantly...being held by this male for a period of time when MH was not around, probably until around 2:30 or 3:00 in the morning. She may have gone back to her home to have an alibi, to look after her own child, to clean up evidence or for some other purpose. IF a rape occurred (which as I say, I'm not sure I believe it did), I believe it would have had to occur while the male was alone with Sandra, waiting to move her body. IF a rape by object occurred, I believe he might have perpetrated this in hopes of fooling the police into believing it was another standard sex crime, or because he is just a freak....or both. If I'm right, this is a violent tempered man who has done some other things before. Some of which, but not all of which, was known to MH. Which is possibly why she would go to seek help from him for this "problem".

If this scenario is close to what occurred (and I'll be the first to admit its probably wrong), I'm not sure that MH is going to confess to it. I believe she would protect this other individual (if he exists and this isn't just my own figment) and that she will NOT implicate him after he tried to "help her out".

It is my opinion that every avenue should be given for both the defense and the prosecution to conduct this proceeding to the best of their ability. We're Americans. That's what we ought to do.

Let's not put the cart before the horse on the issue of exhuming Sandra.  The defendant has a burden to meet--that of proving that a second exam is necessary--and she needs to be put to that burden.  She doesn't get it just because she asks or makes CONCLUSORY statements that it's material to her defense.  If it's material, she needs to tell the court why.

The question is whether any of that evidence (ie of others being involved) existed in the first place.  If it did, the ME would have found it and documented it.  Medical COD exams are not like going to the doctors and getting a medical exam.  They are VERY intrusive and everything is documented photographically and oftentimes videoed as well.  If the defense can make a strong showing justifying a second exam, then so be it.  But one would be hard pressed to make the argument that, considering the passage of time, the evidence somehow has gotten better that it was when the ME performed the exam.  Keep in mind, also, that the defense has not asked to exhume the body for the purpose of proving that MH didn't do it and that someone else did.  They've asked to look to, in essence, confirm they also see what the ME saw.  That is complete BS.  I agree that, as an American, we have the right to defend ourselves against claims like this.  But that doesn't mean we get everything we ask for just for the asking.  There are rules that apply and standards that have to be met and, based on he judge's ruling, MH didn't meet it.  I find it VERY telling that, here it is Monday evening, and despite the emergency nature of the motion, no appeal has been taken.  If I was handling this case, you bet your rear that if this issue was vitally important to my client's case, I would have found a judge to hear it, even if that meant going to the appellate courts.

Please keep something else in mind.  The ME is not part of this investigation.  He was not aware of the direction the investigation was taking.  He was not aware of suspects or POIs.  He was not aware of prosecution theories.  He was asked to do a COD determination and examine the body for trauma, etc., and that's what he did.  So why a second examine is needed--an exam by an expert HIRED BY MH for the specific purpose of calling the ME's report into question!!!!!!--is beyond me.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: April 20, 2009, 07:24:35 PM »

Wyks  I have no training on anything like this, but what I'm wondering about with Melissa, she sure seems to do a lot of things for attention, the supposed rape, maybe the two fires, talking to the media, she pretty much did everything but put a sign on her forehead saying she killed Sandra. For attention I'm sure, but raping and killing a child, I can't imagine that was for attention. That would be quite a horrific leap for attention. 

Melissa's actions sure makes me think she was begging for attention/help.  Could it be that she had been trying to get the attention/help for a long long time, and no one was really listening to her?  Dunno. 

Yet *if* what we've heard about her from others is true, then it seems her actions have gotten progressively worse as time has gone by.  And if no one was listening to her cry for attention/help, then she may have been getting more and more desperate with each action in trying to get someone to listen, so each action got worse and worse.  Lord only knows what likely has happened that we haven't heard about yet.  While we've heard of some of her supposed actions, we haven't heard much at all about what would be the reason/s Melissa perhaps felt more and more desperate for attention/help. 

Am thinking that it may not be as huge a leap as you first thought, Rosie.  Cuz remember, Melissa supposedly was suicidal in the 6th grade........ then there was the supposed rape by a cop......... then there were those two fires.......... then there were those theft (?) charges....... then the story about that child in Melissa's care who had been drugged......... then Sandra abducted, raped, killed.......... 

Have heard that LE investigated what happened to the child who had been drugged, but we haven't heard much about resulted from that investigation.  Perhaps Melissa was only questioned?  And if she was screaming for attention/help, then what happened with that child may have led to what happened with Sandra. 

After Sandra's body was found, with Melissa basically taking LE by the hand and pointing out her involvement step by step, LE would have had to have been deaf and blind not to have heard Melissa's cry for attention/help.

Still doesn't excuse Melissa, IMO, from the consequences of what she may have done or participated in.  A progression of this type does not mean that she is insane, or anywhere near that, because an insane person typically does not take such measured steps.  It does mean that she very likely was desperate for attention/help (for whatever reason), but she won't be able to use that as a defense for abduction/rape/murder. IMO

HLN had a snippet on this this afternoon.  They spoke with someone from Tracy Press who gave a little more facts on the previous "drugging" incident.  He said the little girl was seen in a Kia Sportage much like the one MH owns.  He said she was found in a field I believe, drugged with muscle relaxants.  When asked about it, Tracy PD wouldn't comment as part of an ongoing investigation.  Some are suggesting this was a "dry run," or that something spooked her and she let the child go.

The child was found in a field?  I thought that MH dropped her back off at her house, I believe that is what she said.  Why wouldn't' the mother of this child scream bloody murder to get this investigated further?  Just drop it?  No way.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: April 20, 2009, 07:37:16 PM »

Developments today .. speculation that if better attention back then, maybe Sandra would be alive now .......

Another possible child victim.  The girl we heard about being with her and later returned.  Now they say in police reports the vehicle (purple KIA) used by person in this case matches the vehicle of Melissa Huckaby.  The child was tested and found positive for a muscle relaxant drug in her system. 

Also, Ms. Huckaby apparently saying 10 yrs ago was date raped by a cop.  Reporting that an investigation into found the cop not guilty.

Jane Valez Mitchell covering now on HLN channel 27.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #925 on: April 20, 2009, 07:40:26 PM »

Sorry!  Didn't see it posted 
Don't be sorry, muscle relaxers 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: April 20, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »

Good Evening, JessStar!

Been meaning to tell you how much I enjoy your posts; they are always informative and so well written. We monkeys are lucky to have an attorney in our midst to help us navigate through the legalities and help separate fact from fiction.

Mr. Sheneman's statement re: no further arrests in this particular case is key here, I so agree with you; and this feeling we have does in no way involve an inability to believe that a woman could have committed this crime. Whatever happened to Sandra is part of, linked or related to something bigger, which in turn involves more people. And the 'church' is smelling like it might be a part of it. . . . .

By the way - all the best on your trial starting tomorrow! Sending you positive monkey vibes -

Thanks Tams!  The positive monkey vibes worked--the case resolved as the trial was getting ready to start! 
Great 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #927 on: April 20, 2009, 07:42:34 PM »

Many people on the internet need to say they are sorry to Sandra's mom, because it was assumed the little 7 year old girl was Sandra....(not saying here)

Do you remember when I first posted here I explained our LE as being nothing more then keystone cops? This is very upsetting to me. this doesn't surprise me in the least they would make an assumption without the proper investigation. They do have some explaining to do, some very serious explaining to do.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: April 20, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »

Sorry you are ahead of me in posting.. I did not see that you nice people already had the information on the other girl.

The benzodiazepines (pronounced /ˌbɛnzoʊdaɪˈæzɨpiːn/, often abbreviated to "benzos") are a commonly prescribed class of psychoactive drugs with varying sedative, hypnotic, anxiolytic (antianxiety), anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant and amnesic properties.[1] Benzodiazepines are useful in treating anxiety, insomnia, agitation, seizures and muscle spasms, as well as alcohol withdrawal. They can also be used before certain medical procedures such as endoscopies or dental work where tension and anxiety are present and prior to some unpleasant medical procedures in order to induce sedation and amnesia for the procedure.[2] Benzodiazepines are an important therapeutic tool and can be life saving in certain conditions such as status epilepticus.[3] Benzodiazepines vary in their elimination half life with some being short acting, intermediate acting or long acting. Short acting and intermediate acting benzodiazepines are prefered for the treatment of insomnia or those at risk of drug accumulation, eg the elderly or those with severe liver disorders. Some benzodiazepines also have active metabolites which can contribute to drug accumulation. Longer acting benzodiazepines are prefered for the treatment of anxiety.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: April 20, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »

Many people on the internet need to say they are sorry to Sandra's mom, because it was assumed the little 7 year old girl was Sandra....(not saying here)

Do you remember when I first posted here I explained our LE as being nothing more then keystone cops? This is very upsetting to me. this doesn't surprise me in the least they would make an assumption without the proper investigation. They do have some explaining to do, some very serious explaining to do.
Yes they sure do have some explaining to do, and the little girl was found in a field?  And JessStar, thank-you for explaining the defense's motion for a second autopsy.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: April 20, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »

Link for the Benzos post above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #931 on: April 20, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »

I think I may need more than muscle relaxers right now!  I had a weekend you would NOT believe. We had granite countertops installed and like Murphys' law, what can wrong did!  After 3 days without use of a sink, a jammed packed dishwasher... I'm still waiting for my sink, faucet & dishwasher to be hooked up! The guys who installed the granite did the cutout holes for the faucet but forgot to also do the cutouts on the plywood! And my poor husband just came home from a long day at work and home repairs and a plumber he is not! He doesn't have the tools for the plywood and he has no idea how to connect the sink & faucet. My BINLW was going to do it but got called out of town on a job   
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #932 on: April 20, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »

The child was found in a field?  I thought that MH dropped her back off at her house, I believe that is what she said.  Why wouldn't' the mother of this child scream bloody murder to get this investigated further?  Just drop it?  No way.

If the mother of the first girl would not protect her daughter then the police shoudl have called in CPS. This is insane..If the police had followed through and conducted a proper investigation Sandra life could have been spared. I don't normally scream law suit, but in this case I hope the cantu's consider this. Hitting the LE in the wallet may be what gets the change we need here. Uggg I am so upset. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: April 20, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »

I think I may need more than muscle relaxers right now!  I had a weekend you would NOT believe. We had granite countertops installed and like Murphys' law, what can wrong did!  After 3 days without use of a sink, a jammed packed dishwasher... I'm still waiting for my sink, faucet & dishwasher to be hooked up! The guys who installed the granite did the cutout holes for the faucet but forgot to also do the cutouts on the plywood! And my poor husband just came home from a long day at work and home repairs and a plumber he is not! He doesn't have the tools for the plywood and he has no idea how to connect the sink & faucet. My BINLW was going to do it but got called out of town on a job   
I'm so sorry, sounds like how things work at my house.    Edward thanks for the link.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: April 20, 2009, 08:52:43 PM »

There is only one reason for a mussel relaxer.
It does not take a brain surgeon to figure it out..

Where is the male that is involved in this crime ? ..
I really doubt it is Just Mellisa.
Like always I could be wrong..
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #935 on: April 20, 2009, 09:11:37 PM »

I gotta agree with you Edward.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: April 20, 2009, 09:25:08 PM »

Me too, but the question I have, which I really don't want to, but realistically, I wonder about photos/movies. And how in the world did this child end up in a field, did Melissa just leave her there, and who found her?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: April 20, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »

Wyks, that is a beautiful website that you have...hugs to you....

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: April 20, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »

Me too, but the question I have, which I really don't want to, but realistically, I wonder about photos/movies. And how in the world did this child end up in a field, did Melissa just leave her there, and who found her?

MH said her grandmother called her and told her the girls mother was looking for her, and to bring her home?  Is that another lie?  How could you take a child to the park, and not return her without others asking questions.  I don't get it!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: April 20, 2009, 09:41:57 PM »

MH said her grandmother called her and told her the girls mother was looking for her, and to bring her home?  Is that another lie?  How could you take a child to the park, and not return her without others asking questions.  I don't get it!
I don't get it either, and I don't understand who found the child.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.