May 23, 2024, 04:49:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 448229 times)
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #640 on: April 17, 2009, 03:34:39 PM »

Good Afternoon, Monkeys! (noonish out here in CA)

Has anyone else seen this (forgive me if I am repeating - dont' think I saw it discussed yet:

Melissa Huckaby Claims Abusive Past
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=57936&catid=2

Not at all surprising that this is starting to come out; I feel certain that there is a long pattern of abuse here... but the following quote really struck me:
"In 2002, Huckaby took out a restraining order against a former boyfriend, Josh Palmer. Then according to handwritten notes ABC News obtained, Huckaby alleged Palmer stalked her and threatened to kill her and harm her grandfather."

...Anyone else's sleuthing monkey brains churning on overtime hearing that besides moi? (ie: strangely silent Grandpa is up to his ears in this?)

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #641 on: April 17, 2009, 03:35:17 PM »

Video of GMA appearance is up http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7356264&page=1

Huckaby's Ex-Husband Says She Had Issues With 'Self-Persona'
Johnny Huckaby Talks Exclusively to 'GMA' About Accused Killer Ex-Wife
By JAY SHAYLOR and JONANN BRADY

April 17, 2009—

ARTICLE SNIPPED FOR SPACE....

He said that when they separated, Melissa Huckaby moved in with her parents in Southern California, so he rarely saw his daughter.

In 2002, Melissa Huckaby took out a restraining order against a former boyfriend. In a handwritten note obtained by ABC News, Huckaby claimed he stalked her, threatened to kill her and harm her grandfather.

A year later, she was married to Johnny Huckaby. In their divorce papers, she accused him of child abduction and domestic violence, charges he vehemently denied.

His daughter is in a safe place and doing well, Huckaby said.

"She does not have any knowledge of the situation that's going on, which is best," he said.
I snipped the article and highlighted in red.  Hmmmmmmm, now why would a boyfriend threaten to kill her grandfather?  Was she living with her parents or grandparents?  If her grandparents, why?  Did dad do something to her, notice she came back to her grandparents after living first with her parents after their divorce.  Or? Did grandpa do something to her and she told the boyfriend?
Just thinkin'...

I thought that same thing, strange isn't it?
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #642 on: April 17, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »

O4Bull -

We must have posted that at the same time!!! The same thing caught both of our attention, too.

Great minds think alike, eh?

P.S. The rhino thong is too funny for words.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #643 on: April 17, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »

Video of GMA appearance is up http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7356264&page=1

Huckaby's Ex-Husband Says She Had Issues With 'Self-Persona'
Johnny Huckaby Talks Exclusively to 'GMA' About Accused Killer Ex-Wife
By JAY SHAYLOR and JONANN BRADY

April 17, 2009—

ARTICLE SNIPPED FOR SPACE....

He said that when they separated, Melissa Huckaby moved in with her parents in Southern California, so he rarely saw his daughter.

In 2002, Melissa Huckaby took out a restraining order against a former boyfriend. In a handwritten note obtained by ABC News, Huckaby claimed he stalked her, threatened to kill her and harm her grandfather.

A year later, she was married to Johnny Huckaby. In their divorce papers, she accused him of child abduction and domestic violence, charges he vehemently denied.

His daughter is in a safe place and doing well, Huckaby said.

"She does not have any knowledge of the situation that's going on, which is best," he said.
I snipped the article and highlighted in red.  Hmmmmmmm, now why would a boyfriend threaten to kill her grandfather?  Was she living with her parents or grandparents?  If her grandparents, why?  Did dad do something to her, notice she came back to her grandparents after living first with her parents after their divorce.  Or? Did grandpa do something to her and she told the boyfriend?
Just thinkin'...

I thought that same thing, strange isn't it?

Thinking the same here too. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #644 on: April 17, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »

O4Bull -

We must have posted that at the same time!!! The same thing caught both of our attention, too.

It IS funny, isn't it!!    

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #645 on: April 17, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »

Has anyone else seen this (forgive me if I am repeating - dont' think I saw it discussed yet:

Not at all surprising that this is starting to come out; I feel certain that there is a long pattern of abuse here... but the following quote really struck me:
"In 2002, Huckaby took out a restraining order against a former boyfriend, Josh Palmer. Then according to handwritten notes ABC News obtained, Huckaby alleged Palmer stalked her and threatened to kill her and harm her grandfather."

...Anyone else's sleuthing monkey brains churning on overtime hearing that besides moi? (ie: strangely silent Grandpa is up to his ears in this?)

My curiousity wants to know what this is all about. I read over the motion by the PD, I am going to take a wild guess here, but I'll bet the motion will be granted, part of the defendant has the right to a fair trial, and this will be necessary to do, so she can receive a fair trial. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm thinking if this isn't granted, and she is convicted, there will be an appeal on this issue. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: April 17, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »

O4Bull -

It IS funny, isn't it!!    

I always laugh when I see that.
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #647 on: April 17, 2009, 03:47:33 PM »

What I don't understand is why the defense didn't ask to do an autopsy on Sandra's body before she was laid to rest.   

I guess this public defender is new to the case as of Wednesday, but it is not her first PD.  I am outraged at the suggestion.  To make matters worse, it doesn't appear the the PD has even reviewed the findings of the first autopsy.  I hope to hell this is denied.  Do they need the families permission to do this?  What more do they need to deal with right now?? 

For the PD to be new, I can understand why she would want to do this, but ... she's got to realize that it's just too late, and to even suggest such a thing is outrageous.  IMO.  If she hasn't even reviewed the findings of the first autopsy yet, then why would she need her own autopsy done!  Just cuz??  Or just to build her own case?  Jeeeeeeeez... Review the findings already done and be happy with it, build her case on something else.  Am hoping that's what the judge will tell her. 

IA it is outrageous to even try and do this, I hope the judge rules against it. The poor family how horrible it must be for them, they just put their angel to rest and now the monster that did this to her wants her removed to help in HER defense. 

I am so angry! I just hope that this can not be challenged and harm the prosecution later on, if the defense isn't allowed to do their own autopsy. IA they should just have to try and find another way to defend their client, use the pictures and finding of the official autopsy.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #648 on: April 17, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »

I've been looking hard at the Gpa lately, pastor Lawless. 

And yes, I posted my concerns about him yesterday, but it seems to have been very bad timing, as Sandra's memorial had just begun. 

What I posted had to do with this:

"The town of Wenatchee, WA. made world headlines in 1994 and 1995 when police and state social workers undertook what was then called the nation's most extensive child sex-abuse investigation."

more at this link:
http://www.seattlepi.com/powertoharm/

And whether or not folks see what happened in Wenatchee, WA was a witchhunt wasn't the point. 

My point was that Pastor Lawless spent time in Wenatchee where very similiar things happened, which now seems to be happening in Tracy, CA. 

And I do hope that LE and others will sit up and pay attention to that!! 

The news that Melissa brought a restraining order against a former boyfriend who threatened to kill her and harm her grandfather... just adds to the hinkyness about that family, IMO.  Why would the boyfriend do such a thing, if he didn't have good reason? 

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #649 on: April 17, 2009, 03:50:22 PM »

That is very interesting, thanks Tams and o4bull for posting this. Like many of you I wonder why he would threaten her grandfather too. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: April 17, 2009, 03:56:48 PM »

And yes, I posted my concerns about him yesterday, but it seems to have been very bad timing, as Sandra's memorial had just begun. 

"The town of Wenatchee, WA. made world headlines in 1994 and 1995 when police and state social workers undertook what was then called the nation's most extensive child sex-abuse investigation."

more at this link:

And whether or not folks see what happened in Wenatchee, WA was a witchhunt wasn't the point. 

My point was that Pastor Lawless spent time in Wenatchee where very similiar things happened, which now seems to be happening in Tracy, CA. 

The news that Melissa brought a restraining order against a former boyfriend who threatened to kill her and harm her grandfather... just adds to the hinkyness about that family, IMO.  Why would the boyfriend do such a thing, if he didn't have good reason? 

Yes, I totally agree, and I found what you posted about this Wenatchee, WA very interesting. I have come to the point following all these cases, that nothing will surprise me anymore.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #651 on: April 17, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

more at this link:

When was he in Washington State? What did he do there?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #652 on: April 17, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »

My curiousity wants to know what this is all about. I read over the motion by the PD, I am going to take a wild guess here, but I'll bet the motion will be granted, part of the defendant has the right to a fair trial, and this will be necessary to do, so she can receive a fair trial. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm thinking if this isn't granted, and she is convicted, there will be an appeal on this issue. 

Oh wow.. I hadn't even thought about that!  Thanks for pointing that out, NoRose.  So in a sense, if it's true, if this isn't granted, that would be helping the defense anyway?  Sigh.  Sounds like the defense would have them up against the wall then.  Damitol. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: April 17, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »

Oh wow.. I hadn't even thought about that!  Thanks for pointing that out, NoRose.  So in a sense, if it's true, if this isn't granted, that would be helping the defense anyway?  Sigh.  Sounds like the defense would have them up against the wall then.  Damitol. 

Not really, there is still the coroners report that holds a lot of value to an appeals court.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #654 on: April 17, 2009, 04:04:17 PM »

yesterday i saw where someone posted the who is who in the sandra case..and now i can not find it..i still do not know how this works..like when i post something i never am able to find a responce..or when i do find it ..it takes me forever to do so ..lol..guess i am just a dumb monkey..any way if someone can either post it again.or email it to me i would be very thank full..xxxxx@yahoo.com....
Edit to remove email addy. MB
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:13:48 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #655 on: April 17, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »

more at this link:

According to his bio, Pastor Lawless was 'saved', baptized, and married in that area, with his FIL doing all the ceremonies.  Baptized and married on the same day, July 9, 1960 in Wenatchee, WA.  Ok so far.. Until one looks up Wenatchee, WA and finds the info about what was discovered had been happening there in 1994 and 1995.  His FIL had a church closeby.   Now because Pastor Lawless had been there many years earlier, it may seem to be a stretch to think hmmmm... However, that child sex abuse very likely had been going on for many years before it was discovered and investigated. 

I think it's just very hinky that he had been there, then all that was discovered.  That he's had a number of name changes.  That not much can be discovered about him.  And now he's here, and there's the Tracy 60 ring investigation going on, and now this with Sandra. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #656 on: April 17, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »

Yes, I totally agree, and I found what you posted about this Wenatchee, WA very interesting. I have come to the point following all these cases, that nothing will surprise me anymore.

I agree NoRose.  My jaw has hit the floor so many times already in following these cases, not much surprises me anymore either. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #657 on: April 17, 2009, 04:15:23 PM »

Not really, there is still the coroners report that holds a lot of value to an appeals court.

Thank goodness for that then! 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: April 17, 2009, 04:17:40 PM »

That's what I'm hoping for, I will be very interested in how this plays out.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #659 on: April 17, 2009, 04:19:11 PM »

more at this link:

According to his bio, Pastor Lawless was 'saved', baptized, and married in that area, with his FIL doing all the ceremonies.  Baptized and married on the same day, July 9, 1960 in Wenatchee, WA.  Ok so far.. Until one looks up Wenatchee, WA and finds the info about what was discovered had been happening there in 1994 and 1995.  His FIL had a church closeby.   Now because Pastor Lawless had been there many years earlier, it may seem to be a stretch to think hmmmm... However, that child sex abuse very likely had been going on for many years before it was discovered and investigated. 

I think it's just very hinky that he had been there, then all that was discovered.  That he's had a number of name changes.  That not much can be discovered about him.  And now he's here, and there's the Tracy 60 ring investigation going on, and now this with Sandra. 

Just the alias issue by itself has got my hinky siren screaming so loud, I think the windows are going to blow out at any moment!!

WHY WOULD A PASTOR NEED SEVERAL ALIASES?????????????????????????

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.