March 28, 2024, 07:29:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 442383 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1280 on: April 23, 2009, 10:06:46 PM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/19266204/detail.html

Here is a link to a story, I have not read it

The house of cards is beginning to crumble.  Here you go, Blink.  This sentence was uttered just for you:"

""They were trying to put the pieces of their puzzle together. They were asking about certain people who might be able to lead them to other people. But I do not know exactly what they were looking for," Pastor Bill Creutzberg said by phone."

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1281 on: April 23, 2009, 10:07:02 PM »

Don't have a link, there is not one yet, but KCRA reported the FBI visited a church in Washington State in relation to  the Clover Baptist church leader Paster Lawless. Apparently he had been investigated at one time for child abuse at this church. KCRA said more news regarding this later this evening.

Surprise surprise..   

Thanks Tracygirl! 

I wish I could remember the name of the church they gave and the city in Washington. Did you run across this in your investigation? (it was you, right that did all that research in Washington state?)

Yes it was me that gave some info re Wenatchee WA.  Another monkey told of the FILs church in Omak WA. 

Does anyone have the name of the FIL of Pastor Lawless?  I've gotten two possible names:  Winston Wheeler or A. Harris. 

I ran across some info while digging around and sent that to the authorities.  It will be interesting to see if that info pans out. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1282 on: April 23, 2009, 10:08:07 PM »

Don't have a link, there is not one yet, but KCRA reported the FBI visited a church in Washington State in relation to  the Clover Baptist church leader Paster Lawless. Apparently he had been investigated at one time for child abuse at this church. KCRA said more news regarding this later this evening.

Surprise surprise..   

Thanks Tracygirl! 

I wish I could remember the name of the church they gave and the city in Washington. Did you run across this in your investigation? (it was you, right that did all that research in Washington state?)

Do you mean this one?  http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/Pastor1.html

I do not think it was that church in Washington, I will look up churches in Washington, maybe if I see it, it will ring a bell.
sorry, I was making dinner, the sound of microwave drowned out the TV, lol

Do any of these ring a bell?

The churches Elder Lawless has pastored are Beacon MBC of Redding and Grace MBC of Gardena. In 1975, he was sent out by Salinas MBC to do mission work in Eureka. He then pastured Sovereign Grace MBC of Mountain View, and has been pastor at the Clover Road Baptist Church since 1981.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1283 on: April 23, 2009, 10:08:56 PM »

That's all I could find as well.  I also looked at the brother inlaw in Salinas and it seems the Baptist Church in Washington he (the brother inlaw) was ordained in is no longer there.

http://www.ewfbc.org/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1284 on: April 23, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »

Thanks Tracygirl, I hate to even think what this is going to be all about 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1285 on: April 23, 2009, 10:10:16 PM »

Surprise surprise..   

Thanks Tracygirl! 

Yes it was me that gave some info re Wenatchee WA.  Another monkey told of the FILs church in Omak WA. 

Does anyone have the name of the FIL of Pastor Lawless?  I've gotten two possible names:  Winston Wheeler or A. Harris. 

I ran across some info while digging around and sent that to the authorities.  It will be interesting to see if that info pans out. 

A lot of similar names here, Wyks, huh?

"Pastor Lawless' wife, Connie, is the daughter of A.A. and Irene Harris. They were married by Eld. Harris on July 9, 1960 in Modesto, CA. They have three grown children Brian, Brett, and Joni, who are all involved in God's work, and nine beloved grandchildren."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1286 on: April 23, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&file_id=7065

Wenatchee Witch Hunt: Child Sex Abuse Trials In Douglas and Chelan Counties

Wenatchee, Washington, got world attention in 1994-1995, when it found itself in the midst of what was characterized as history’s most extensive child sex abuse investigation. Three years later, the investigations had fallen apart amidst accusations of abuses by police and state social workers, and alleged false confessions, badgered child witnesses, and evidence based on the generally discredited “recovered memory” theory. The cases eventually came to be known as the Wenatchee Witch Hunt.

Sensational Allegations, Questionable Confessions

Sensational allegations included the existence of a group called “The Circle” made up of mothers and fathers trading their children for ritual sex abuse, and black-clad adults in sunglasses holding large scale orgies around Wenatchee.

Forty-three adults were arrested and accused of 29,726 counts of sexually abusing 60 children. Some were released. Eighteen pleaded guilty, mostly on the basis of signed confessions. Ten were convicted at trial. Three were acquitted. Eighteen went to prison.

Many witnesses and defendants later said they were pressured into making false confessions and accusations by caseworkers from the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and by Wenatchee Police Department Lieutenant Bob Perez.

All who confessed later recanted. Some defendants said that when threatened with life imprisonment, they pled guilty to lesser charges. Some said they were told that if they confessed they wouldn’t go to jail but would be treated in the community. Many were told they would never see their children again unless they signed a confession. Those questioned also said they were told that their children wouldn’t be placed in foster care or put up for adoption if they signed confessions.

Children Grilled, Called Liars

Child witnesses, mostly from 9 to 13 years old, were often taken from their families and placed in foster care. Many said later that they were subjected to hours of frightening grilling and if they didn’t believe they had been sexually abused, they were told they were “in denial” or had suppressed the memory of the abuse. They were also told that siblings and other children had witnessed their abuse, or that that their parents had already confessed.

Interrogators called some children who denied abuse liars. Children were told that if they agreed to accusations they wouldn’t be separated from parents or siblings. Many of them later recanted. Lieutenant Perez neither recorded nor kept notes of his interrogations.

Recantations were ignored. "It's well known that children are telling the truth when they say they've been abused," Wenatchee Child Protective Services (CPS) supervisor Tim Abbey later told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. "But (they) are usually lying when they deny it." Abbey also told an investigator that CPS interviews in the Wenatchee cases were not taped because tapes of the interviews in the California’s notorious McMartin pre-school case, in which no one was convicted, had been thrown out on “technicalities.” In fact, the McMartin tapes showed investigators browbeating and prompting children, and successfully getting them to weave fantastic stories.

Some children and adolescents were involuntarily committed by DSHS to Pine Crest Hospital across the Washington state line, in Idaho where laws allowing involuntarily commitment of juveniles are more lax. One teenaged girl was taken to Pine Crest strapped to a gurney. There, they say they were drugged and pressured to testify against parents and other adults before they could be released.

Many of the accused were poor, and some were developmentally disabled, and illiterate. These defendants mostly relied on public defenders. The few with private attorneys fared better.

How It All Began

It began in February of 1992, when school authorities questioned Donna Everett, the seven-year-old daughter of Harold and Idella Everett. The Everetts were a large, poor family. Harold was illiterate and Idella was developmentally disabled with an IQ of 58.

When questioned, Donna said two six-year-old boys had touched her genitals, a statement corroborated by her brother. Child Protective Services (CPS), a division of the state Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), and police investigated. Suspicious of sex abuse in the Everett home, the authorities convinced the Everetts to voluntarily put Donna in foster care.

A month later, after repeated questioning, Donna said she had been molested by a family acquaintance. This man initially denied molesting Donna, but then signed a confession, which he may not have understood, as he spoke little English. He was later convicted.

Nevertheless the Everett family continued to be questioned and investigated. A year later, Donna’s twin brothers told authorities their father had hit them with a belt. Everett was then ordered out of the home, leaving Idella to manage the family alone.

The twins were placed in separate foster homes. At one point, three of the children were sent to the mental hospital in Idaho, and CPS placed another child in therapy. Donna was placed in foster care with Robert Devereux, the divorced foster-father of several girls. Eventually, Devereux said he couldn’t handle Donna. She was then placed as a foster child in the home of Lieutenant Bob Perez.

Perez had recently been put in charge of sex abuse cases by the Wenatchee Police Department as part of a routine rotation system.

In August 1994, one of the girls at the Devereux home tried to poison the foster-father with iodine after he grounded her. She was taken to juvenile hall. While there, Bob Perez interviewed her, and she accused Devereux of molesting her. The other girls in the Devereux home didn’t back up her story, and the accuser later recanted to her DSHS caseworker, Paul Glassen, saying Perez had pressured and intimidated her.

Devereux was arrested, however, and another foster daughter in his home was re-interviewed by Perez. After several hours of questioning, she changed her story and said she too had been molested.

Devereux hired a lawyer and the charges against him were eventually dismissed after he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault for spanking a child and for warning two people that they were about to be arrested. He later received a settlement of $290,000 from the city of Wenatchee in exchange for his dropping a malicious prosecution and negligent investigation lawsuit.

Dissenters Fired and Arrested

Also arrested was caseworker Paul Glassen. After he had reported the recantation of the child witness who first accused Devereux, Glassen was handcuffed at work and arrested for witness tampering.

Those charges were eventually dropped, but Glassen was fired and was later investigated for being a participant in the alleged orgies run by “The Circle.” After Glassen moved with his family to Vancouver, Canada, Perez and a CPS worker told the Royal Canadian Mounted Police that he was being investigated for 50 counts of child abuse, and he lost his job there. Glassen later received a $295,000 settlement from the city of Wenatchee, and a letter clearing him of any charges.

Glassen’s supervisor, Juana Vasquez, who questioned the investigation and the placement of children in foster care to facilitate criminal investigations, was also fired. A jury later awarded her a judgment of $1.57 million in her suit against the state for wrongful termination and retaliation.

In September 1994, Donna Everett, now living as a foster-daughter with Bob Perez and his wife Luci, accused her parents, Idella and Harold Everett, of molesting her. The next day Perez got a similar accusation from her sister Melinda. Idella and Everett were arrested and duly signed confessions. Their conviction was overturned in 1998, and they got back parental rights to four of their five children. The oldest had been adopted by a family in Wisconsin, and had become a legal adult. Melinda and Donna have now both recanted and say they were pressured by Perez to lie. The Everetts received an undisclosed settlement from the city of Wenatchee.

After the Everetts were arrested, their pastor, un-ordained Pentecostal minister, Robert “Roby” Roberson, tried to get custody of the oldest Everett child. Roberson had originally become involved when DSHS personnel asked them to keep an eye on the family look for signs of abuse. He believed the Everetts were innocent. A CPS caseworker told Roberson that Perez would arrest him if he attempted to contact his parishioners, the Everett children. At Idella Everett’s sentencing, Roberson spoke up in her defense. Roberson later reported that Perez said, “We warned you, Roberson, we warned you,” at the sentencing hearing.

Some of the Everett children were at the Children’s Home Society, but Perez urged that they be moved since the counselors there wouldn’t make good prosecution witnesses. State authorities went along with his request.

Perez continued to interview two Everett girls -- his foster daughter Donna and her sister Melinda, who was also a foster child in the Perez home for a time. Eventually, Donna accused almost every adult she knew in Douglas and Chelan counties. She named many children she knew as victims. Some of these children were then interviewed, and later said they were pressured to accuse their parents.

The sisters described adults standing in line to have sex with children. They named foster parent Robert Devereux and Paul Glassen -- the social worker who had been arrested earlier when he reported a child’s recantation. Eventually, the girls named over a hundred abusers.

At one point, Perez drove Donna around Wenatchee in Douglas County and East Wenatchee, in Chelan country, in his police car and she pointed at 22 homes where she said had been abused in orgies. She also pointed at a taxi driver and a deliveryman. In the back seat, CPS caseworkers took down all the names and addresses.

Arrests were made, and although some of the 43 arrested had charges dismissed, others confessed, were sentenced, and went to prison or were tried and found guilty. In 1995, when the investigations were at their height, Douglas county commissioners and Douglas and Chelan county prosecutors asked for a grant of state funds to pay for the burgeoning costs of foster care, counselors, expert witnesses, and more prosecutors and police. They received $141,098. Public defenders, however received no extra funds.

Questions

But some Wenatchee citizens began questioning the investigation. Pastor Roberson attended a city council meeting and afterwards gave a television interview about the cases. The day after the interview aired, Douglas County police and the State Patrol searched the church and Roberson's home, removing carpet samples to look for semen. About a week later, the Roberson’s four-year old daughter Becky was taken from them and held as a material witness.

Eventually, Roberson and his wife Connie were accused of running organized ritual sex abuse from the East Wenatchee Pentecostal Church and House of God and food bank. At their December 1995 trial, which featured little Becky as a defense witness, a Chelan county jury acquitted them in three hours. The jury foreman characterized the prosecutions as “a witch hunt.” A Sunday school teacher, Honnah Sims, was also acquitted, and charges were dropped against the driver of the church van. The Robersons and their codefendant settled a lawsuit with the state for $850,000 in December 1999.

Innocence Project Northwest

In 1998, law students and faculty at the University of Washington formed Innocence Project Northwest and took up the cases of the convicted and incarcerated. Eventually, all 18 had verdicts overturned, or made plea bargains to reduced, often unrelated charges. Some, however, had served their full terms while appeals were underway. The last of the 18 defendants was released in December 2000.

More than a dozen civil lawsuits filed by those arrested and by child witnesses against the city of Wenatchee, DSHS, Bob Perez, and other individuals involved in the investigations and prosecutions continue to work their way through the courts.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:12:31 PM by klaasend » Logged
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1287 on: April 23, 2009, 10:11:07 PM »

Surprise surprise..   

Thanks Tracygirl! 

Do you mean this one?  http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/Pastor1.html

Oh the bio!  Thanks for that, JessStar.  So the FIL is for sure A. A. Harris. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1288 on: April 23, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »

I think they said Clarkston Washington and I know I heard first assembly of god.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1289 on: April 23, 2009, 10:16:27 PM »

Here's some pertinent info on the Wenatchee, WA area:

The Power to Harm            

A record of abuses in Wenatchee
For recent developments, see the Aftermath section.

The town of Wenatchee, Wash., made world headlines in 1994 and 1995 when police and state social workers undertook what was then called the nation's most extensive child sex-abuse investigation.

By the time it was done, at least 60 adults were arrested on 29,726 charges of child-sex abuse involving 43 children. Many of the accused were poor or developmentally disabled. Many cases were settled on the strength of confessions taken down by Wenatchee police Detective Bob Perez . . .

Serenity7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1290 on: April 23, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »

Serenity, I dont see you validating a prediction any of us with a legal background did not take for granted would occur. This is common legal strategy, SOP.

It goes on in almost every murder case and is anticipated by both sides.

My apologizes. I withdraw my assertion since I made a prediction that that is standard and known within the courts.

I was called on the carpet for having the temerity to question the medical examiner's view. I merely wanted to point out that others were doing the same.

For general information, I'll provide what I've been able to gather so far about the good doctor.

Looking at Dr. Omalu's record...I see that he began doing autopsies in 2000. So he has had 8 years experience with doing them. He transferred to the San Joaquin area in 2007. So he has been there for two years. Most of the information that can be gathered via the internet about Dr. Omalu relates to his studies of the brains of football players. He is a brain doctor. His specialty is in the study of the human brain and he has formulated new theories on brain damage. If you do a search to see how many rape cases he has testified in, most of them relate to the Cantu case. Another portion of them relate to date rape drugs and how they effect the brain. So far I have found no record of him testifying in any rape cases. It was mentioned that he has testified in over one hundred cases in the newspaper articles about the Cantu case. His record is exemplary.

I still suggest that a forensic pathologist with a specialty in child rape cases should have been allowed to examine the body. For the benefit of both the defense AND the prosecution...and in the interest of general knowledge for society.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1291 on: April 23, 2009, 10:18:41 PM »

I think they said Clarkston Washington and I know I heard first assembly of god.

Pastor of Grace Missionary Baptist 1973-1974

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1292 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:57 PM »

I just want to mention, as other monkeys may have as well, that no pastor worth a grain of salt is gonna get thru the seminary and receive his credentials in 4 months time.  It takes years.   

<from his bio>

"He was called to the ministry on April 6, 1971 and ordained August 20, 1971 by the Winton MBC."

http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/Pastor1.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1293 on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:50 PM »

http://kron.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/1172/reftab/36/t/Search-Underway-at-Clover-Road-Baptist-Church/Default.aspx

Search Underway at Clover Road Baptist Church
4/23/2009 4:44:03 PM

TRACY (KRON) -- Tracy police are now searching the Clover Road Baptist Church as part of their investigation into the murder of Sandra Cantu.

The search is focusing inside the church where Melissa Huckaby, the woman charged with Cantu's death, once served as a Sunday School teacher.  So far all search warrants in the case remain under court seal.

Police continue to say they believe Huckaby acted alone in kidnapping, sexually assaulting, and killing eight-year old Sandra.  Huckaby is due in court Friday to possibly enter a plea in the case.

KRON 4 crews are at the search.  We'll have more details as they become available.

Anyone got a good guess?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:26:43 PM by klaasend » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1294 on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »

In the article posted about the FBI and asking questions about the church in Washington, this just jumped out from it. Sources told KCRA 3 that Lawless was questioned years ago as part of a report of suspected child abuse. So Pastor Lawless was questioned years ago  Well, here we go.....
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1295 on: April 23, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »

http://kron.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/1172/reftab/36/t/Search-Underway-at-Clover-Road-Baptist-Church/Default.aspx

TRACY (KRON) -- Tracy police are now searching the Clover Road Baptist Church as part of their investigation into the murder of Sandra Cantu.

The search is focusing inside the church where Melissa Huckaby, the woman charged with Cantu's death, once served as a Sunday School teacher.  So far all search warrants in the case remain under court seal.

Police continue to say they believe Huckaby acted alone in kidnapping, sexually assaulting, and killing eight-year old Sandra.  Huckaby is due in court Friday to possibly enter a plea in the case.

KRON 4 crews are at the search.  We'll have more details as they become available.

Again 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1296 on: April 23, 2009, 10:30:40 PM »

Interesting the wording in the following part of that article.  LE in WA is not denying that Lawless was questioned years ago in suspected child abuse.

They are saying they do not have any records. 

Bet they have a shredder tho.   

<snipped>

"Sources told KCRA 3 that Lawless was questioned years ago as part of a report of suspected child abuse.

However, both the Asotin County Sheriff's Department and the Clarkston Police Department in Washington said they do not have any records of a criminal case ever being filed."

http://www.kcra.com/news/19266204/detail.html

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1297 on: April 23, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »

Anyone got a good guess?

Blinds?
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1298 on: April 23, 2009, 10:31:18 PM »

Anyone got a good guess?

Photography equipment?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1299 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »

I'm thinking maybe projection screens and equipment?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.