April 27, 2024, 10:56:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 445021 times)
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1540 on: April 24, 2009, 10:11:37 PM »

O/T Hey Deenie, hugs are great.  But hie you to Nuts place and help rinse that truck!  I daresay you'll need a stepladder.   And when you are done there, come here and help me wash mine    

Foggy
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1541 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »

Here are a few more!
Hope you monkeys like them!

What an extrordinaryily beautiful child, thank you for posting.
She reminds me of an "old soul". I know she is at peace now, but that does not make this any less horrific for me, or any of us I am sure
B
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1542 on: April 24, 2009, 10:16:17 PM »

Blink - I agree on the old soul observation - such a beautiful addition to our world and now to the angels

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1543 on: April 24, 2009, 10:16:48 PM »

What are the odds of a person with the same name close by being arrested for something like this ? It's all too odd for me to comprehend.
We don't know if Lane Lawless had brothers who this guy could be related to.
Or it could just be a random coincidence in the universe.   
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1544 on: April 24, 2009, 10:17:36 PM »

What are the odds of a person with the same name close by being arrested for something like this ? It's all too odd for me to comprehend.

Kat read Blinks update -- they ARE related

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

aussie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1545 on: April 24, 2009, 10:33:37 PM »

Yes, Catbert........am watching 20/20. I know the outcome because I Googled it .............like reading the last page of of a book when you are only half-way through.
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1546 on: April 24, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »

Yes, Catbert........am watching 20/20. I know the outcome because I Googled it .............like reading the last page of of a book when you are only half-way through.

sigh - me too

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1547 on: April 24, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »

do we all agree Deenie is onto something here? 
these " Lawless" "Harris" Churches are " Independent"  - Where do they receive their Funding from ??????
No one is sitting in the Pews ... Passing the Plate ..
Who pays Fred the Caretaker's Salary ? I wonder if Mr. Williams is the Caretaker of " Brother" Harris's Church too ??

Deenie, a neighbor of ours had a "church".  When my child was young I allowed her to visit for their summer bible/kids group thing less than a mile from here.  I let my child attend a couple or a few times because my child brought home harmless artwork and crafts...and it only went on for an hour or two per day when they did meet.  But toward the end there was some sort of deal that struck me "funny" where adults were included. 

I chose to attend with her (obviously). All of a sudden the folks I thought I knew who seemed kind of normal mowing their lawns and haulin' firewood, helping one plow snow etc. turned into a bunch of raving nutsos.  Some might call it speaking in tongues (I have no clue), but I found it quite bizarre (with all due respect to folks who believe in such things).

We left w/out a backward glance while folks were caught up in the "rave" atmosphere. 

One of my other neighbors (the "preachers" brother-in-law) told me once preacher'd been scamming folks for years. There was known bad blood between 'em, so I didn't question him more closely at the time.  I think I'll ask him more about it some day soon.  "Preacher" died some years ago, but I noticed recently that the wee church is still active--though I haven't kept a sharp eye on it for some time. 

But Sandra makes me think I should.  God rest her soul. 

Foggy

We left.   
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1548 on: April 24, 2009, 10:48:04 PM »

I came across this, don't know if it's just another person with the same name

Detailed information on Clifford Lawless

Address:   131 N. Main St.
City:   Canton
State:   KS
Zip:   67428
County:   McPherson
Phone:   620-628-4495
Manufacturing Company:   Canton Lockers
Fax:   620-628-4495

Canton Lockers

131 S Main St, Canton, KS 67428-8939

Contact Phone:    (620) 628-4495
URL (web address):    
Business Category:    Whol Meat Custom Slaughtering & Locker Rental in Canton, KS
Industry (SIC):    Meats and Meat Products

Frozen Meat Products Producers and Traders of animal products and by products

Food Packing Machine Find Mfrs & Suppliers of Food Packaging Equipment on Business.com

Frozen Food Great Deals! Thousands of Stores Buy Smart and Save with Confidence

The ads are not affiliated with Canton Lockers

Business Information

This company profile is for the private company Canton Lockers , located in Canton, KS. Canton Lockers's line of business is whol meat custom slaughtering & locker rental.

Company Name:    Canton Lockers
Is This Your Company?
Address:    131 S Main St, Canton, KS 67428-8939 (Map)
Alt Business Name:    
Location Type:    Single Location
Est. Annual Sales:    $370,000
Est. # of Employees:    2
Est. Empl. at Loc.:    2
Year Started:    1996
State of Incorp:    
SIC #Code:    5147
Contact's Name:    Caroline Lawless
Contact's Title:    Owner
NAICS:    Meat and Meat Product Merchant Wholesalers
Data above provided by D&B.

Click on the reports tab at the top of the page to research company background, detailed company profile, credit and financial reports for Canton Lockers.

http://www.manta.com/company/mm7q43d

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1549 on: April 24, 2009, 10:48:57 PM »

Murdered Girl's Father To Start Foundation
Posted: 4:34 pm PDT April 24, 2009

Sandra Cantu's father issued a statement Friday saying he has formed a foundation to help other families affected by violence. The group will be called "FACT," or Fathers Against Child Tragedies.

Daniel Cantu did not attend Friday's court hearing for Melissa Huckaby,who is accused of Sandra Cantu’s murder. Instead, he had a friend read from a written statement.

“Feeling helpless through this entire process, Daniel now feels compelled to make a difference and make sure his daughter's death is not in vain,” said Gina Schnabel, Mr. Cantu's spokesperson.

Daniel Cantu said his group will take part in the annual victims of violent crimes march at the California state capitol on April 29th.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19275986/detail.html
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1550 on: April 24, 2009, 10:51:03 PM »

Canton Lockers

URL (web address):    
Business Category:    Whol Meat Custom Slaughtering & Locker Rental in Canton, KS

Food Packing Machine Find Mfrs & Suppliers of Food Packaging Equipment on Business.com

Business Information

This company profile is for the private company Canton Lockers , located in Canton, KS. Canton Lockers's line of business is whol meat custom slaughtering & locker rental.

Is This Your Company?
Alt Business Name:    
State of Incorp:    

Click on the reports tab at the top of the page to research company background, detailed company profile, credit and financial reports for Canton Lockers.

BIZZARE

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1551 on: April 24, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »

Idaho News
FBI Murder Investigation Leads to Idaho Questioning
11:51 AM MDT on Friday, April 24, 2009

Detectives investigating the murder of a California girl have taken their case to Lewiston, Idaho.

A television station in Sacramento reports authorities have questioned people at the Warner Alliance Church in North Idaho. Police are questioning people about Pastor Lane Lawless.

He is the grandfather of 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby. She is charged with raping and kidnapping 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

Lawless is also the pastor of the Baptist church in California where Huckaby taught Sunday school.

Sources say Lawless was questioned years ago about alleged child abuse at the Lewiston church.

There is little information out about Lawless’ connection with the Idaho church. Authorities in Lewiston say they do not have a criminal investigation open on Lawless.
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1552 on: April 24, 2009, 10:55:13 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys! 
Sometimes, when my heart has just sunken to a seemingly new low, I comfort myself with music and sweet, pure images.
Hope it helps a little...It did for me.

Here are Sandra's Memorial & Tribute videos at youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DFC3A7EB72E0BD0D

Forgive me if this has been posted
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1553 on: April 24, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »

sigh - me too

The pure lack of emotion in Stacy Castor = guilt to me

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1554 on: April 24, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »

Canton Lockers

URL (web address):    

Business Information

Is This Your Company?
Alt Business Name:    
State of Incorp:    

BIZZARE

That sent chills through me.  There was a nutcase up in BC Canada, Robert Pickton,  that had a hog farm.  He would lure prostitutes up there, murder them, chop up their bodies and then feed them to the pigs.  His meat was sold commercially and there was a huge recall once they figured out what he was doing.  He was a serial killer and is currently sentenced to life for the murders of 6 woman  they could identify the DNA from.  He is still facing murder charges for 20 more woman that they have as well identified through DNA and could be facing 40 more charges.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1555 on: April 24, 2009, 11:01:49 PM »

FBI Search Washington State Church In Connection With Cantu Murder
Posted: 5:07 pm PDT April 24, 2009

F.B.I. agents have searched a church in Washington State in connection with the Sandra Cantu investigation, sources tell KCRA-TV.

The F.B.I. is looking into old allegations of child abuse at The First Church Of God in the Eastern Washington town of Clarkston, where Pastor Lane Lawless used to work.

Lawless is Melissa Huckaby's grandfather, and is currently pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy.

The allegations in Washington surfaced in the 1980s. Lawless was questioned at the time but no one was ever charged.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19276239/detail.html
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1556 on: April 24, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »

Idaho News

Detectives investigating the murder of a California girl have taken their case to Lewiston, Idaho.

A television station in Sacramento reports authorities have questioned people at the Warner Alliance Church in North Idaho. Police are questioning people about Pastor Lane Lawless.

He is the grandfather of 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby. She is charged with raping and kidnapping 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

Lawless is also the pastor of the Baptist church in California where Huckaby taught Sunday school.

Sources say Lawless was questioned years ago about alleged child abuse at the Lewiston church.

There is little information out about Lawless’ connection with the Idaho church. Authorities in Lewiston say they do not have a criminal investigation open on Lawless.

Why are they questioning them on Lawless if he was supposed to be in California since 1981?  Connection to the Idaho church?  Network? 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1557 on: April 24, 2009, 11:13:04 PM »

Idaho News

Why are they questioning them on Lawless if he was supposed to be in California since 1981?  Connection to the Idaho church?  Network? 

I know.  Not sure if these were posted before, but the FBI is sure busy going from state to state.  This smells really bad.
Serenity7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1558 on: April 24, 2009, 11:14:30 PM »

Ruling on a prosecutor’s motion, San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Linda L. Lofthus said the potentially inflammatory reports could jeopardize the case for both Huckaby and prosecutors. Lofthus cited the intense media interest while making the ruling.

Interesting. I thought that the toxicological report wouldn't be back for another while. I'm assuming the Judge sealed the reports because the public would be outraged to see autopsy photos of a small child who had been in water for ten days and then subjected to an intensive autopsy. Suggestions on other reasons?

The defense probably wants the tox screen suppressed because it will show drugs or poison in the system and the prosecutors may want it suppressed so people won't see just how far decomposed the body was before the autopsy--speculatively of course.

Still a gag order and quite a bit of evidence not released to the defense under discovery either. Back to waiting.

Why on earth would you think they would show autopsy photos?  I really don't understand your way of thinking. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:40:35 AM by klaasend » Logged
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1559 on: April 24, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »

Kat read Blinks update -- they ARE related
I did read that, but I am taking the relationship with a grain this time. I know Blink has sources that are reliable ( and she is a relaible source herself ) , but what does this all mean ?  I still have a hurdle to get over that there is some family that consists of this type of predator in such an abundance. I can go with the Lane Lawless since his name has come up in the past, but more has to come out. And it will.
How the heck did all this happen under the radar for so long ? Melissa does exhibit the classic signs of an abused person. She also exhibits signs of a mentally ill person.
I 100 % believe that she had a trial run with the other girl Blink reported on. I also read or heard that there was another one. And that there have been events with other children. This just all didn't spring forth in 2009.
Right now, it looks as if the Tracy PD are incompetent.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.