April 28, 2024, 03:25:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 445025 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1620 on: April 25, 2009, 02:21:47 PM »

I am just getting back to town.

I am sorry if this has been previously posted.  I just saw it on aol. 

It definitely won't hurt to circulate it more!

http://snipurl.com/gp3wq

John Doe sexual predators.

Just looked at this site.  There are .. 3 .. sex offenders that are NOT identified.  Have a look, I just did and it looks to me like #17... is the Lawless guy that was just arrested. 

really?
Going back now

I typed the wrong number....SHOULD BE # 13....

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1621 on: April 25, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »

Since the first time I read this article I could not get past the segment I highlight.  Why would the boyfriend threaten to harm Melissa's grandfather.  It does not make sense.  I could understand "daughter".  I could understand "family".

Janet

+++++++

"Good Morning American' (GMA) - April 17, 2009

Sandra Cantu Case: Melissa Huckaby's Ex-Husband Says She Had Issues With Self-Persona

In 2002, Melissa Huckaby took out a restraining order against a former boyfriend. In a handwritten note obtained by ABC News, Huckaby claimed he stalked her, threatened to kill her and harm her grandfather.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=7356264&page=1
I agree Janet, that has bothered me as well, and the two fires in So Ca in the home in LaPalma, is very bothersome as well.
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1622 on: April 25, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »

Just looked at this site.  There are .. 3 .. sex offenders that are NOT identified.  Have a look, I just did and it looks to me like #17... is the Lawless guy that was just arrested. 

really?
Going back now

Hi Ya GramsM!
Can you direct me to a photo of the man that was arrested so I can compare the 2?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1623 on: April 25, 2009, 02:31:12 PM »

Stream of horrific crimes takes toll on town cops
By JULIANA BARBASSA – 1 hour ago

TRACY, Calif. (AP) — Detective Nate Cogburn's last few months have been filled with the stuff of nightmares.

Neighbors charged with shackling and torturing a teenager in a Tracy home. A substitute teacher accused of molesting upward of 15 students. A surgeon arrested for the alleged sexual abuse of dozens of patients. And, most recently, a Sunday school teacher charged with kidnapping, raping and murdering 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, the playmate of her own little girl.

"I was just bombarded," said Cogburn, who grew up nearby and joined the Tracy police force after college.

"They always say don't take your cases home with you — they preach that every day from day one at the academy," said Cogburn, 28. "But I always take them home. They're with me all the time."

This San Francisco Bay-area suburb has nearly doubled in size since the mid-1990s, to 80,000 people.

It has been ranked one of the state's safest cities, but those recent major cases have taken a toll on its police officers.

"As the city grows, inevitably, the crime gets more complex, there will be more conflict ... and the police will get caught in the middle of that," said Joseph McNamara, a research fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution who was San Jose's police chief from 1976 to 1991.

Police were especially stressed by the disappearance and murder last month of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. The department's sworn officers and staff pulled 2,966 hours of overtime on that case alone.

And tougher than the intense work is the lull that follows, when the mask of professional composure comes down and doubts, sadness and anger come through, said Tracy police chaplain Dan Higgins.

"When they're able to focus on their jobs and do their part, they have an outlet," said Higgins. "The hard part comes later."

Cogburn worked 200 hours in two weeks in the search for Sandra and then for her killer. This meant little sleep, no breaks, a canceled second wedding anniversary weekend in Napa with his cancer-stricken wife, and less time with his 10-year-old stepson.

Sandra disappeared from her home in a mobile home park on March 27, and Cogburn got the call hours later, after he got back from the funeral of a Tracy resident who was one of four Oakland police officers gunned down after a traffic stop of a parolee.

He and other officers worked through the night, and into the next day — a 36 hours straight.

"By God, the difference between finding her alive or dead might be a few minutes, so we wouldn't leave, we wouldn't sleep at all," he said.

On April 6, farmworkers pulled a suitcase from an irrigation pond. Police Chief Janet Thiessen's voice broke as she announced that Cantu's body was inside.

It was a blow to the officers who had given their days and nights to the case and had seen their children in Cantu's brown eyes and long brown hair.

"That was the hard part," said Cogburn, choking up.

"It wasn't going to be the ending we were all praying for," he said. "All of a sudden, here it is. It's happening. The worst is happening right now."

As the town mourned, police officers worked harder.

"It was an utter letdown, but it was only momentary," said Capt. John Espinoza, 47, the incident commander. "It was quick: from loss, grieving, to 'we have to work through this, let's go.'"

Cogburn wrote about 20 search warrants that day. Investigators knocked on doors, searching homes in the mobile home complex and a nearby church — where 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby taught Sunday school and her grandfather preached.

Police later arrested Huckaby, who is jailed without bail awaiting trial on charges that could carry the death penalty.

Cogburn noted a January incident involving Huckaby and another missing child. A police report said that 7-year-old girl turned up but doctors found muscle relaxants in her bloodstream. No arrests were made.

Huckaby told KOVR-TV that she had taken the 7-year-old and her own 5-year-old daughter, who were playmates, to a park then brought the girl home.

At the time of that incident, Huckaby was just "an individual with a history of petty theft," Cogburn said.

The investigation of Sandra's disappearance and death absorbed resources that Tracy could ill afford. The town has a projected $3.5 million budget shortfall this fiscal year.

"The police chief said this was going to be a major effort of significant expense, and I said 'You do what you need to do.'" recalled City Manager Leon Churchill Jr.

The city has not calculated the total cost of the case, said Zane Johnston, finance director.

"Putting a price tag implies a value to the case, and no amount of money will bring this little girl back," said Johnston.

The city's thank you to officers came as a barbecue in front of city hall. Residents approached cops at coffee shops to tell them how much their work was appreciated. Sandra's aunt, Angie Chavez, thanked the dozens of officers who attended the little girl's memorial for their dedication.

Cogburn remains haunted by the case.

"I feel nothing in terms of a sense of relief or solace. I feel nothing but devastation. Nothing," he said. "It is a good thing that we've identified a suspect — a good thing for the investigation, for the D.A.'s office, for being able to close this case, hopefully for the family. But emotionally it's a vacuum."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g6ekIQFWk3_Wb6CfFSEzJHa7FsxgD97PK3PO0
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1624 on: April 25, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »

Nope Tams,
I don't have a link for the documents filed for the restraining order.
It's from the television...
Sorry, maybe another Monkey does! 
Thanks for that, that guy looks kinda scary. But the problem is we don't know if this really happened, or Melissa made it up for attention. Something tells me, Melissa has done a lot of things for attention. I can just imagine the things she has done that we don't know about.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1625 on: April 25, 2009, 02:39:38 PM »

really?
Going back now

Hi Ya GramsM!
Can you direct me to a photo of the man that was arrested so I can compare the 2?

Here is another link to try:  http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/seekcac.htm

Here is # 13...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1626 on: April 25, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »

Thank-you Northern Rose for that article, and GramaMonkey he does look like Timothy Lawless.
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1627 on: April 25, 2009, 02:56:34 PM »

This is kind of an interesting link.
http://www.breaboys.com/2009/04/13/melissa-huckaby-from-hs/

It's called BRea Boys and reminds me a little of Twitter.  Anyway they are discussing what MH was like in high school.

Here's a snippet:

nims Says:
April 13th, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Back then she was Melissa Lawless…it’s so crazy! Kandice told me the Register called her for info on this girl.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1628 on: April 25, 2009, 03:04:33 PM »

Stream of horrific crimes takes toll on town cops
By JULIANA BARBASSA – 1 hour ago

TRACY, Calif. (AP) — Detective Nate Cogburn's last few months have been filled with the stuff of nightmares.

Neighbors charged with shackling and torturing a teenager in a Tracy home. A substitute teacher accused of molesting upward of 15 students. A surgeon arrested for the alleged sexual abuse of dozens of patients. And, most recently, a Sunday school teacher charged with kidnapping, raping and murdering 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, the playmate of her own little girl.

"I was just bombarded," said Cogburn, who grew up nearby and joined the Tracy police force after college.

"They always say don't take your cases home with you — they preach that every day from day one at the academy," said Cogburn, 28. "But I always take them home. They're with me all the time."

This San Francisco Bay-area suburb has nearly doubled in size since the mid-1990s, to 80,000 people.

It has been ranked one of the state's safest cities, but those recent major cases have taken a toll on its police officers.

"As the city grows, inevitably, the crime gets more complex, there will be more conflict ... and the police will get caught in the middle of that," said Joseph McNamara, a research fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution who was San Jose's police chief from 1976 to 1991.

Police were especially stressed by the disappearance and murder last month of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. The department's sworn officers and staff pulled 2,966 hours of overtime on that case alone.

And tougher than the intense work is the lull that follows, when the mask of professional composure comes down and doubts, sadness and anger come through, said Tracy police chaplain Dan Higgins.

"When they're able to focus on their jobs and do their part, they have an outlet," said Higgins. "The hard part comes later."

Cogburn worked 200 hours in two weeks in the search for Sandra and then for her killer. This meant little sleep, no breaks, a canceled second wedding anniversary weekend in Napa with his cancer-stricken wife, and less time with his 10-year-old stepson.

Sandra disappeared from her home in a mobile home park on March 27, and Cogburn got the call hours later, after he got back from the funeral of a Tracy resident who was one of four Oakland police officers gunned down after a traffic stop of a parolee.

He and other officers worked through the night, and into the next day — a 36 hours straight.

"By God, the difference between finding her alive or dead might be a few minutes, so we wouldn't leave, we wouldn't sleep at all," he said.

On April 6, farmworkers pulled a suitcase from an irrigation pond. Police Chief Janet Thiessen's voice broke as she announced that Cantu's body was inside.

It was a blow to the officers who had given their days and nights to the case and had seen their children in Cantu's brown eyes and long brown hair.

"That was the hard part," said Cogburn, choking up.

"It wasn't going to be the ending we were all praying for," he said. "All of a sudden, here it is. It's happening. The worst is happening right now."

As the town mourned, police officers worked harder.

"It was an utter letdown, but it was only momentary," said Capt. John Espinoza, 47, the incident commander. "It was quick: from loss, grieving, to 'we have to work through this, let's go.'"

Cogburn wrote about 20 search warrants that day. Investigators knocked on doors, searching homes in the mobile home complex and a nearby church — where 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby taught Sunday school and her grandfather preached.

Police later arrested Huckaby, who is jailed without bail awaiting trial on charges that could carry the death penalty.

Cogburn noted a January incident involving Huckaby and another missing child. A police report said that 7-year-old girl turned up but doctors found muscle relaxants in her bloodstream. No arrests were made.

Huckaby told KOVR-TV that she had taken the 7-year-old and her own 5-year-old daughter, who were playmates, to a park then brought the girl home.

At the time of that incident, Huckaby was just "an individual with a history of petty theft," Cogburn said.

The investigation of Sandra's disappearance and death absorbed resources that Tracy could ill afford. The town has a projected $3.5 million budget shortfall this fiscal year.

"The police chief said this was going to be a major effort of significant expense, and I said 'You do what you need to do.'" recalled City Manager Leon Churchill Jr.

The city has not calculated the total cost of the case, said Zane Johnston, finance director.

"Putting a price tag implies a value to the case, and no amount of money will bring this little girl back," said Johnston.

The city's thank you to officers came as a barbecue in front of city hall. Residents approached cops at coffee shops to tell them how much their work was appreciated. Sandra's aunt, Angie Chavez, thanked the dozens of officers who attended the little girl's memorial for their dedication.

Cogburn remains haunted by the case.

"I feel nothing in terms of a sense of relief or solace. I feel nothing but devastation. Nothing," he said. "It is a good thing that we've identified a suspect — a good thing for the investigation, for the D.A.'s office, for being able to close this case, hopefully for the family. But emotionally it's a vacuum."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g6ekIQFWk3_Wb6CfFSEzJHa7FsxgD97PK3PO0
Sorry but rant coming up!
You know I don't mean to sound mean or anything. I am sure Det Cogburn is haunted by this case given the fact his inability to look past the January case without bringing in personal opinions regarding the first girls mother. He simply brushed off evidence smacking him over the head and made a quick judgement call. MH was a girl with a Petey theft record and a record that would show she was in a court ordered mental health program as a part of her sentence.
He cannot go back and change this but one thing he can do, stop acting as the one and only opinion and do what the City of Tracy pays him to do, investigate thoroughly and properly and base his opinions on evidence. At 28 years old,he needs to grow up and face the fact we are in the real world even here in Tracy. 
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1629 on: April 25, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »

You know I don't mean to sound mean or anything. I am sure Det Cogburn is haunted by this case given the fact his inability to look past the January case without bringing in personal opinions regarding the first girls mother. He simply brushed off evidence smacking him over the head and made a quick judgement call. MH was a girl with a Petey theft record and a record that would show she was in a court ordered mental health program as a part of her sentence.
He cannot go back and change this but one thing he can do, stop acting as the one and only opinion and do what the City of Tracy pays him to do, investigate thoroughly and properly and base his opinions on evidence. At 28 years old,he needs to grow up and face the fact we are in the real world even here in Tracy. 
[/quote]

I do not blame you at all for having those feelings!  Regardless of whether the mother of the other child drugged her OR someone else did...
THE FACT IS:
SOMEONE DID!!!!!
CPS pulled her out of her own home that night and then according to the mom did not follow up.  That seems just outrageous to me.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1630 on: April 25, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »

really?
Going back now

I think these photos are 4 years old by the info on the FBI site. I think Lawless is in the neighborhood of 220 lbs now, and I do see somewhat of a resemblance, so I did the responsible, thing, I passed it on to be checked out. Not making an accusation, but Grama Monkey and the other sharp-eyed monkeys on here, thanks for posting that. It is critical to be vigilant, as much as I hate looking at these scums, GREAT JOB!
B
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1631 on: April 25, 2009, 03:29:54 PM »

This is a link for a Melissa Lawless'
Amazon.com wishlist...
Could be someone else but the choices are kind of interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Lawless/wishlist/277RGJUX7YAAR/ref=cm_pdp_wish_all_itms
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1632 on: April 25, 2009, 03:30:40 PM »

Thanks Blink
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1633 on: April 25, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »

This is a link for a Melissa Lawless'
Amazon.com wishlist...
Could be someone else but the choices are kind of interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Lawless/wishlist/277RGJUX7YAAR/ref=cm_pdp_wish_all_itms
That is interesting.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1634 on: April 25, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

I do not blame you at all for having those feelings!  Regardless of whether the mother of the other child drugged her OR someone else did...
THE FACT IS:
SOMEONE DID!!!!!
CPS pulled her out of her own home that night and then according to the mom did not follow up.  That seems just outrageous to me.
[/quote]I don't blame you either, this entire incident with the little girl in Jan, is crazy, I believe if things would have been done the right way, Sandra would be alive, imo.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1635 on: April 25, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »

Blink Klaas

sites: http://www.bishop-accountability.org/member/index.jsp

Omg this site you can look up any one person in CLERGY that has been associated with sex offenses by State or Name.........

Kathy Shaw's Blog - On News/Press releases and everything else about Clergy and Sexual Abuse
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/AbuseTracker/

Snap - a organization for People who have been abused by members of Clergy - Loss and Recovery Site..
http://www.snapnetwork.org/

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1636 on: April 25, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »

Blink Klaas

Omg this site you can look up any one person in CLERGY that has been associated with sex offenses by State or Name.........

Kathy Shaw's Blog - On News/Press releases and everything else about Clergy and Sexual Abuse

Snap - a organization for People who have been abused by members of Clergy - Loss and Recovery Site..

WOW DEENIE!
THANK you for this fantastic site!!!!
   Loner
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1637 on: April 25, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »

Blink Klaas

WOW DEENIE!
THANK you for this fantastic site!!!!
   Loner
I am blown away that there is such a site...
I glad its there, at least these Clergy perps are known and can be seen.
My brain is so blown away at the " amount " of numbers of these people "caught"
Makes you wonder how many are " practicing Abuse" that are flying under the radar still.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1638 on: April 25, 2009, 03:50:17 PM »

Thanks Deenie 
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1639 on: April 25, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »

Deenie
Because I live in California I was curious and looked at the list from CA....
SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I noticed the same areas were repeating. *smacks forehead*
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.