March 29, 2024, 12:01:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #816 4/16/09 - 4/22/09  (Read 233606 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #540 on: April 20, 2009, 02:19:35 PM »

I read an Antillian news blurb...seems that Dilma Arends said that no one had a sign to say Beth go home, as portrayed in the movie.  Black Tulip, at RU repeated that (?are they related?). The Arubans did protest Beth and tell her to go home.  It was not a support the justice department.  It was a protest Beth.

That was Merriweather who put that protest together, wasn't it?

I don't know if he put it together, but he was very proud to represent the island on the Joe Scarborough interview.  I believe he bragged of the Dutch having an older justice system....Joe said that was true...ours was only a little over 200 yrs. old...then I think Joe asked what in their system permits no arrest for 11 days....it was good..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: April 20, 2009, 02:29:27 PM »

The inaccuracies were hard to watch....but all in all, it makes me even madder at the perps and the cover up aruban and dutch a$$holes...
I'm sure it will bring a lot of attention to the cause for Justice for Natalee!
And THAT is what it is about!
The beige reporter must have been renho and the dark suited woman was introduced as the US State department rep on aruba.......the one who challenged Beth and Jug after Beth called the kalpoes criminals...
I hope this show makes our own state department question their own actions/or lack there of, on behalf of a US citizen denied justice while out of the US.....

I'm just catching up here - so this may have already been addressed.

Also the same woman who was seen at Joran's welcome home party when he was released from jail in September.

Jean Akers is her name, IIRC.

Beth Holloway
Loving Natalee

Page 185:
  The island authorities originally planned to release the three suspects at two o-clock in the morning on Saturday, September 3.  The Strategic Communications Task Force undoubtedly helped them make a less conspicuous move and release them in the afternoon instead.  Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran's parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there.  It's the U.S. vice-consul.  At the van der Sloots' house.  Why is she here?   She spots me.  Jumps in her car and follows me to a resturant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone.  I don't want to talk to her.  Who can we trust?

They brush there teeth with politics and dirty money everyday.. I do not trust any one of them included is our own, who camp out on the Rock called Aruba.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2009, 02:43:06 PM »

I thought it was odd that I felt so physically ill after the movie last night.  Don't get me wrong, it was emotional for me to watch the movie, and it did make me mad all over again.

Well, I was up most of the night with what must be a stomach virus!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: April 20, 2009, 02:46:44 PM »

Beth Holloway dared to refer to the lying suspects who were last seen with her daughter and lied ... CRIMINALS.  At that point ... Arubans showed their true colors.

If Natalee Holloway had gone missing on Aruba on her own accord ... the support was there.  However ... if when their own were implicated ... Aruban support ceased an ... Beth Holloway was on her own.

Janet

+++++

JULIE RENFRO'S PERSPECTIVE

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Cases That Changed America
Aired March 27, 2009 - 19:00:00   ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Beth did suffer some criticism by the Arubans, did she not, Julia?

RENFRO: Yes. But that started when -- actually, in July after the two Kalpoe brothers were released. She went on television, and she asked - - or she told the world that Aruba allowed criminals to walk amongst the tourists. And this was very upsetting for us, because that`s not what happened.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/27/ijvm.01.html

THE TRUTH

CNN LIVE TODAY
Missing in Aruba
Aired July 5, 2005 - 10:00   ET

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY’S MOTHER: It is now that I ask the world to help me. Two suspects were released yesterday who were involved in a violent crime against my daughter. These criminals are not only allowed to walk freely among the tourists and citizens of Aruba, but there are no limits where they may choose to travel.

I am asking all mothers and fathers and all nations to hear my plea. I implore you, do not allow these two suspects, the Kalpoe brothers, to enter your country until this case is solved. Do not allow these criminals to walk among your citizens. Help me by not allowing these two to get away with this crime.

It is my greatest fear today that the Kalpoe brothers will leave Aruba. I am asking the Aruban officials to notify the United States State Department in the event these suspects try to leave this island. I am asking all nations not to offer them a safe haven. I am asking this in the name of my beautiful, intelligent and outstanding daughter who I haven’t seen for 36 days and for whom I will continue to search until I find her.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/05/lt.03.html

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE
Page 157/158

No one is breathing. Or Moving. Reporters and camera people are crying. The media hve been here more than a month, and they’ve seen firsthand what we’ve experienced. They are moved by this plea. But some of the Arubans are not. Calling their local sons “criminals” offends them. Having just heard the prosecuting attorney tell us at least one of the Kalpoes could be involved in whatever happened to my daughter. I felt the term seemed appropriate. But it led to an abrupt change in the tide of support.

Not long after the “criminals speech,” some Arubans back off their prayer vigils for Natalee. A few protest in the streets against the barage of negative media. We’ve worn out our welcome at the Holiday Inn. And they let us know they’ve had it. The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media. And to combat us.

Some Arubans angry at Holloway’s mom
Calling brothers ‘criminals’ elicits resentment, statement from lawyer
updated 6:56 p.m. PT, Wed., July. 6, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - A latent but growing resentment here became evident for the first time when more than 200 people, some wrapped in Aruban flags, said they were incensed by statements made by the mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8484217

'Scarborough Country' for July 6
updated 8:11 a.m. PT, Thurs., July. 7, 2005

JOHN MERRYWEATHER, FORMER ARUBA DIPLOMAT: I was not part of the organization, but I went there in support of our justice system.

<snipped?

SCARBOROUGH: No, what did Natalee’s mother say that offended so many people in Aruba?

MERRYWEATHER: Well, you know, it—it—it offended me, also.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8498049/

Missing teen's mom apologizes for comments
Statements 'fueled by despair'
Friday, July 8, 2005; Posted: 6:41 p.m. EDT (22:41 GMT)

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) — The mother of Natalee Holloway apologized Friday for saying two released suspects were involved in her daughter’s disappearance.

“The statements I made on July 5th were fueled by despair and frustration because of still not knowing where my daughter is,” Beth Holloway Twitty said in a statement to the media. “I think everyone, everyone can sympathize with that.”

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/07/08/missing.aruba/index.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: April 20, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »

I thought it was odd that I felt so physically ill after the movie last night.  Don't get me wrong, it was emotional for me to watch the movie, and it did make me mad all over again.

Well, I was up most of the night with what must be a stomach virus!   

texasmom

I just finished watch Carpe's Youtube and ... my emotions are very mixed.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: April 20, 2009, 02:51:27 PM »

I read at the Lifetime site that they are going to make it available online in a few days too!

Thanks texasmom

I missed that.

I will probably watch it again.

Janet

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: April 20, 2009, 02:54:14 PM »

Carpe, we love you, and miss you.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: April 20, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »

ARUBA KNOWS THE TRUTH

HOW MUCH IS PROTECTING THE VDS FAMILY REALLY WORTH?

HOW MANY MILLIONS IS ARUBA WILLING TO LOSE FOR ONE FAMILY?

AND WHY??INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: April 20, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »

My DIL is home from work today with a stomach flu.  I do believe she caught it from texasmom.

Anyways ... DIL just finished watching Beth's production on Youtube and called me with her take.

DIL claimed there were two incidences that stood out to her that implied Beth was attempting to convey a coverup in the Aruban investigation.

However ... I believe the two references were somewhat subtle.  I did not even relate them to the coverup issue.  I doubt if those who do not have an indepth knowledge would make the connection.

1.  When Beth observed Jan vander Straaten and Paulus shaking hands ... she suspects the reason the security guards were detained rather than Joran, Deepak and Satish.  Rudy Croes officially confirmed her suspicions in December 2008.

2.  When Joran implies in the Devries video that Natalee Holloway may have died of seizure and then Beth remembers being questioned within hours of arriving on the Island regarding whether Natalee suffered from seizures.

Janet

++++++

THE FRIENDSHIP

‘Van der Sloot father hindered Natalee probe’
Thursday 04 December 2008

Dutchman Jan van der Straten, who was police commissioner on the Caribbean island of Aruba when US teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared, seriously hindered the investigation in the first few days, Aruban justice minister Rudy Croes is quoted as saying by news agency ANP.

ANP says Croes claims Van der Straten was slow to take action in order to help his friend Paul van der Sloot protect his son Joran, who was suspected of being involved in the disappearance. Such rumours have circulated on the island for some time, ANP says.

According to ANP, Croes made the statement following criticism of the Aruban police force made by Van der Straten earlier this week.
Questioning

Croes said that Joran and two other suspects were only taken in for questioning 10 days after Holloway went missing ‘when the first days are crucial in a disappearance’. And he claims he heard Van der Straten say ‘I cannot do that to my friend Paul’.

Croes also claims there were a lot of telephone conversations between Van der Sloot senior and Van der Straten and that a ‘second class’ police team was put on the investigation. ‘It was the team used during the carnival celebrations,’ ANP reports him as saying.
In addition, Croes accuses the Dutch government of failing to provide any moral support to Aruba. He says the Aruban authorities were pressurised to present Joran van der Sloot as an Aruban, not a Dutch national.

ANP does not say when and where Croes made the comments, or if it had picked them up from another source.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/12/van_der_sloots_father_hindered.php

THE SEIZURES

Beth Holloway on Joran van der Sloot's 'Confession'
Thursday, February 07, 2008

HOLLOWAY: I couldn't believe it because, I mean, it was so stunning, it was so stunning that I was hearing these words that Joran was saying because two- and-a-half years ago, gosh, Greta, within 48 hours of Natalee's disappearance — 48 hours — the lead detective, Dennis Jacobs, came to me in the Bubali (ph) police station and says, Does Natalee have a history of epilepsy or seizures? And I thought, No, why are you asking that? And he did it — they did it repeatedly to Jug. And when I was hearing that, it just — it just felt like it brought everything full circle of what we had been fighting for.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329348,00.html

NANCY GRACE
Natalee Holloway Case Update
Aired February 15, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S STEPFATHER: Well, I mean, I`ve said it several times, you know, to go over it again, but in the beginning, you know, they ask us questions about the epilepsy and everything, which you wouldn`t normally ask somebody that right out of the chute. So they knew like the second night that she probably wasn`t alive.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/15/ng.01.html

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
How Did Natalee Holloway Die?
Aired February 7, 2008 - 21:00   ET

BETH HOLLOWAY, NATALIE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: ... And, when he imitates how Natalee was suffering through the seizures, well, Larry, within 48 hours of Natalee's disappearance on the island of Aruba, a lead detective, Dennis Jacobs (ph), first and only medical question he asked me was, does Natalee have a history of epilepsy or seizures. And I said, no, why would you ask that?

And he only asked me that once, and from there forward, three other detectives asked Natalee's step father probably a dozen times, Larry. Jug had to come to me six times and ask me if Natalee had a history of epilepsy or seizure. And I kept saying no, why do you keep asking us that? Why? So, it brought it full circle for us.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/07/lkl.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: April 20, 2009, 04:00:10 PM »

Maybe it is because I just viewed the movie ... I feel very yappy.  Hubby thought it would keep me quiet for a while.  He was wrong.  After 43 years of marriage and 45 years of knowing me ... you would think he would know me better.

Anyways ... considering that the movie was based entirely Beth's book Loving Natalee which was released in the fall of 2007 ... why did Beth choose to include excerpts from the Devries tape which was revealed in January 2008.

Thoughts.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: April 20, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »

If nobody is going to talk to me ... I may have get my sick DIL out of bed.  I have so many questions that demand somebody's opinion.  In other words ... I possess no self control.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #551 on: April 20, 2009, 04:12:36 PM »

My DIL is home from work today with a stomach flu.  I do believe she caught it from texasmom.

Anyways ... DIL just finished watching Beth's production on Youtube and called me with her take.

DIL claimed there were two incidences that stood out to her that implied Beth was attempting to convey a coverup in the Aruban investigation.

However ... I believe the two references were somewhat subtle.  I did not even relate them to the coverup issue.  I doubt if those who do not have an indepth knowledge would make the connection.

1.  When Beth observed Jan vander Straaten and Paulus shaking hands ... she suspects the reason the security guards were detained rather than Joran, Deepak and Satish.  Rudy Croes officially confirmed her suspicions in December 2008.

2.  When Joran implies in the Devries video that Natalee Holloway may have died of seizure and then Beth remembers being questioned within hours of arriving on the Island regarding whether Natalee suffered from seizures.

Janet

++++++

THE FRIENDSHIP

‘Van der Sloot father hindered Natalee probe’
Thursday 04 December 2008

Dutchman Jan van der Straten, who was police commissioner on the Caribbean island of Aruba when US teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared, seriously hindered the investigation in the first few days, Aruban justice minister Rudy Croes is quoted as saying by news agency ANP.

ANP says Croes claims Van der Straten was slow to take action in order to help his friend Paul van der Sloot protect his son Joran, who was suspected of being involved in the disappearance. Such rumours have circulated on the island for some time, ANP says.

According to ANP, Croes made the statement following criticism of the Aruban police force made by Van der Straten earlier this week.
Questioning

Croes said that Joran and two other suspects were only taken in for questioning 10 days after Holloway went missing ‘when the first days are crucial in a disappearance’. And he claims he heard Van der Straten say ‘I cannot do that to my friend Paul’.

Croes also claims there were a lot of telephone conversations between Van der Sloot senior and Van der Straten and that a ‘second class’ police team was put on the investigation. ‘It was the team used during the carnival celebrations,’ ANP reports him as saying.
In addition, Croes accuses the Dutch government of failing to provide any moral support to Aruba. He says the Aruban authorities were pressurised to present Joran van der Sloot as an Aruban, not a Dutch national.

ANP does not say when and where Croes made the comments, or if it had picked them up from another source.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/12/van_der_sloots_father_hindered.php

THE SEIZURES

Beth Holloway on Joran van der Sloot's 'Confession'
Thursday, February 07, 2008

HOLLOWAY: I couldn't believe it because, I mean, it was so stunning, it was so stunning that I was hearing these words that Joran was saying because two- and-a-half years ago, gosh, Greta, within 48 hours of Natalee's disappearance — 48 hours — the lead detective, Dennis Jacobs, came to me in the Bubali (ph) police station and says, Does Natalee have a history of epilepsy or seizures? And I thought, No, why are you asking that? And he did it — they did it repeatedly to Jug. And when I was hearing that, it just — it just felt like it brought everything full circle of what we had been fighting for.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329348,00.html

NANCY GRACE
Natalee Holloway Case Update
Aired February 15, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S STEPFATHER: Well, I mean, I`ve said it several times, you know, to go over it again, but in the beginning, you know, they ask us questions about the epilepsy and everything, which you wouldn`t normally ask somebody that right out of the chute. So they knew like the second night that she probably wasn`t alive.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/15/ng.01.html

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
How Did Natalee Holloway Die?
Aired February 7, 2008 - 21:00   ET

BETH HOLLOWAY, NATALIE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: ... And, when he imitates how Natalee was suffering through the seizures, well, Larry, within 48 hours of Natalee's disappearance on the island of Aruba, a lead detective, Dennis Jacobs (ph), first and only medical question he asked me was, does Natalee have a history of epilepsy or seizures. And I said, no, why would you ask that?

And he only asked me that once, and from there forward, three other detectives asked Natalee's step father probably a dozen times, Larry. Jug had to come to me six times and ask me if Natalee had a history of epilepsy or seizure. And I kept saying no, why do you keep asking us that? Why? So, it brought it full circle for us.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/07/lkl.01.html

I just talked to youngest son's girlfriend who is home with the same symptoms I have so it's all her fault!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #552 on: April 20, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »

If nobody is going to talk to me ... I may have get my sick DIL out of bed.  I have so many questions that demand somebody's opinion.  In other words ... I possess no self control.

Janet

I have it recorded and will watch it tonight in privacy..No disturbances..Sorry i'm no help right now Janet...

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: April 20, 2009, 04:35:25 PM »

I just talked to youngest son's girlfriend who is home with the same symptoms I have so it's all her fault!

OK.  When I talking to DIL later ... I will let her know that her bad day could be blamed on texasmom's son's girlfriend.

texasmom ... I hope that you and son's girlfriend are feeling better soon.  According to be son and DIL (teachers) the enrollment in their respective schools are down because of this bug.  The good news is that most are only affected for 24 hours.

Hubby and I were in DIL company for a couple of hours yesterday at the home of her parents.  I hope we are spared.  We did not get the flu shot in the fall which was advised by my daughter.  Hey ... flu shots are for the elderly.  I will not  concede that I fall into that category for a number of years yet.

Janet

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: April 20, 2009, 04:39:50 PM »

Maybe it is because I just viewed the movie ... I feel very yappy.  Hubby thought it would keep me quiet for a while.  He was wrong.  After 43 years of marriage and 45 years of knowing me ... you would think he would know me better.

Anyways ... considering that the movie was based entirely Beth's book Loving Natalee which was released in the fall of 2007 ... why did Beth choose to include excerpts from the Devries tape which was revealed in January 2008.

Thoughts.

Janet

Janet, I  think that you should leave out the word entirely when saying the movie is based on Beth's book.
I think that they needed some sort of ending for the movie.  They even showed them putting Natalee in the ocean.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: April 20, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »

Thoughts.

Janet

Janet, I  think that you should leave out the word entirely when saying the movie is based on Beth's book.
I think that they needed some sort of ending for the movie.  They even showed them putting Natalee in the ocean.

I agree.  Maybe I expect too much in a two hour movie and ... was disappointed that ALL happening revealed in Beth's book were not included in the movie.

However ... other that the Devries portion of the movie ... I could relate everything that was included to what was revealed in Loving Natalee.

Magnolia ... AZSunny was going to make sweet tea this morning for all and ... I was expecting you to spike it with your Blueberry wine.  Then Monkeys were going to talk and talk and talk.

What happened?

Janet

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #556 on: April 20, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »

Thoughts.

Janet

I agree.  Maybe I expect too much in a two hour movie and ... was disappointed that ALL happening revealed in Beth's book were not included in the movie.

However ... other that the Devries portion of the movie ... I could relate everything that was included to what was revealed in Loving Natalee.

Magnolia ... AZSunny was going to make sweet tea this morning for all and ... I was expecting you to spike it with your Blueberry wine.  Then Monkeys were going to talk and talk and talk.

What happened?

Janet

I didn't get to see the movie last night.  Was going to watch at a cousin's house but got the stomach flu.

I watched Carpe's wonderful Youtubes this morning.  When I finished watching, nobody was here.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: April 20, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »

I didn't get to see the movie last night.  Was going to watch at a cousin's house but got the stomach flu.

I watched Carpe's wonderful Youtubes this morning.  When I finished watching, nobody was here.

Maybe the Natalee forum is the breeding ground for this bug.

Magnolia ... I hope you are feeling better today.

Janet

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #558 on: April 20, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »

They even showed them putting Natalee in the ocean.
They also showed Natalee's hand move in the boat.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #559 on: April 20, 2009, 05:04:01 PM »

They even showed them putting Natalee in the ocean.
They also showed Natalee's hand move in the boat.

When I saw her little hand move, it was very touching.  A dramatic moment!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.