March 28, 2024, 03:14:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #816 4/16/09 - 4/22/09  (Read 233557 times)
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: April 20, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »

Good to see you NM
Good to see you too Klaas.

Good to be seen too.

Hey Monkeys, just want to show off my new signature line

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #561 on: April 20, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »

Maybe it is because I just viewed the movie ... I feel very yappy.  Hubby thought it would keep me quiet for a while.  He was wrong.  After 43 years of marriage and 45 years of knowing me ... you would think he would know me better.

Anyways ... considering that the movie was based entirely Beth's book Loving Natalee which was released in the fall of 2007 ... why did Beth choose to include excerpts from the Devries tape which was revealed in January 2008.

Thoughts.

Janet

Janet, I  think that you should leave out the word entirely when saying the movie is based on Beth's book.
I think that they needed some sort of ending for the movie.  They even showed them putting Natalee in the ocean.

I agree.  Maybe I expect too much in a two hour movie and ... was disappointed that ALL happening revealed in Beth's book were not included in the movie.

However ... other that the Devries portion of the movie ... I could relate everything that was included to what was revealed in Loving Natalee.

Magnolia ... AZSunny was going to make sweet tea this morning for all and ... I was expecting you to spike it with your Blueberry wine.  Then Monkeys were going to talk and talk and talk.

What happened?

Janet

I didn't get to see the movie last night.  Was going to watch at a cousin's house but got the stomach flu.

I watched Carpe's wonderful Youtubes this morning.  When I finished watching, nobody was here.

I was wondering where you were Magnolia!  I hope you feel better soon.  I still don't feel good at all.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: April 20, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »

Good to see you NM
Good to see you too Klaas.

Good to be seen too.

Hey Monkeys, just want to show off my new signature line

I think you summed it up very nicely NM!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: April 20, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »

Magnolia ... AZSunny was going to make sweet tea this morning for all and ... I was expecting you to spike it with your Blueberry wine.  Then Monkeys were going to talk and talk and talk.

What happened?

Janet

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #564 on: April 20, 2009, 05:43:51 PM »

Maybe it is because I just viewed the movie ... I feel very yappy.  Hubby thought it would keep me quiet for a while.  He was wrong.  After 43 years of marriage and 45 years of knowing me ... you would think he would know me better.

Anyways ... considering that the movie was based entirely Beth's book Loving Natalee which was released in the fall of 2007 ... why did Beth choose to include excerpts from the Devries tape which was revealed in January 2008.

Thoughts.

Janet

Janet, I  think that you should leave out the word entirely when saying the movie is based on Beth's book.
I think that they needed some sort of ending for the movie.  They even showed them putting Natalee in the ocean.

I agree.  Maybe I expect too much in a two hour movie and ... was disappointed that ALL happening revealed in Beth's book were not included in the movie.

However ... other that the Devries portion of the movie ... I could relate everything that was included to what was revealed in Loving Natalee.

What happened?

Janet

I didn't get to see the movie last night.  Was going to watch at a cousin's house but got the stomach flu.

I watched Carpe's wonderful Youtubes this morning.  When I finished watching, nobody was here.

I was wondering where you were Magnolia!  I hope you feel better soon.  I still don't feel good at all.   

You will be better soon, TM.   It will only last about 24 hours.  I am pretty good now, but a little weak.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #565 on: April 20, 2009, 05:55:53 PM »

What happened?

Janet

BUMPED

OK, Janet.  I am having my afternoon coffee.....not sweet tea.

I liked the movie.  I think Lifetime did a pretty good job.  I got the feeling of no cooperation
from the Arubians more than cover-up by authorities.
The woman who played the Renho type newspaper reporter looked like evil personified and I liked that.
Dave was certainly downplayed.  But this was not his story .....it was Beth's.
In the time allotted they got the gist of the story out there.  I think people who do not know the story like
we do could follow.  Thumbs Up from Magnolia!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #566 on: April 20, 2009, 06:05:57 PM »

I am going to try to view this on Carpe-O-Vision when I get home. For some reason, I can't get You Tube at work. lol
But I want to purchase the the movie. Some one gave me the link on the FP to the LifeTime Network and I bookmarked it for just that. I see Stephen Holloway posted on the FP. Beth wrote the book and she can only tell the story from her viewpoint and could only write from her experiences. It's all good.   
For me, the attention and the message is the imporant issue.
Aruba will never prosecute Joran or ever do what they should have done three almost four years ago. 
hello to the guests. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: April 20, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_55465.php

Google translation:

Somebody's nose is growing in Aruba. "Number of American tourists continued to grow after the Holloway incident."

ATA ready for action if need be.   

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #568 on: April 20, 2009, 06:16:14 PM »

It's a little late for them to protest the film, too.     

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: April 20, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »

What happened?

Janet

BUMPED

I liked the movie.  I think Lifetime did a pretty good job.  I got the feeling of no cooperation
The woman who played the Renho type newspaper reporter looked like evil personified and I liked that.
In the time allotted they got the gist of the story out there.  I think people who do not know the story like we do could follow.  Thumbs Up from Magnolia!

Thumbs Up from Janet also.

However ... I understood the that the many scenes involving Natalee and Joran were dipicting the changing stories revealed in Joran's van der Sloot's official statements and talk show interviews.  I hope that was clearly understood by those who do not have an indepth knowledge.

It could be the way I comprehend.  I do believe if I was in school today I would be diagnosed with a learning disability.  However ... in my day I was told to suck it up and ... figure it out.

Magnolia ... I always get confused in movies where scenes are flashing back ... flashing forward and ... then returning to the present.  I am a chronological type of person ... beginning ... in between and ... end.   Am I making sense.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: April 20, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »

Well ... I am meeting a friend for tea and a goodie at the local coffee shop.

I have frozen spagetti meat sauce thawing so ... I will be prepared to make a quicky dinner for hubby when I return.

Later Monkeys

Janet
3:40 PM PT

_____

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #571 on: April 20, 2009, 07:12:46 PM »

My hat is off to Carpe.  Thanks sooooooooooooo much for putting Natalee's movie up.  I am in tears.  The ending did me in.  The pure "hate" i feel for that island and J2K, Paulus, Julia.  As Robots says:  I HATE THEM ALL.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #572 on: April 20, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »

My hat is off to Carpe.  Thanks sooooooooooooo much for putting Natalee's movie up.  I am in tears.  The ending did me in.  The pure "hate" i feel for that island and J2K, Paulus, Julia.  As Robots says:  I HATE THEM ALL.

I'm glad you were able to see it, Blue Moon.  Carpe saved the day. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: April 20, 2009, 07:25:26 PM »

I'm so glad you got to see it Blue Moon, I thought of you right away when I read that it was on Youtube!   

Carpe ROCKS!   

I cried too.   

I agree with you and ROBOTS!  I HATE THEM ALL!!!!!!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: April 20, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »

It's a little late for them to protest the film, too.     

Yep, like anybody would care anyway!   

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: April 20, 2009, 07:44:11 PM »

What happened?

Janet

BUMPED

In the time allotted they got the gist of the story out there.  I think people who do not know the story like we do could follow.  Thumbs Up from Magnolia!

However ... I understood the that the many scenes involving Natalee and Joran were dipicting the changing stories revealed in Joran's van der Sloot's official statements and talk show interviews.  I hope that was clearly understood by those who do not have an indepth knowledge.

It could be the way I comprehend.  I do believe if I was in school today I would be diagnosed with a learning disability.  However ... in my day I was told to suck it up and ... figure it out.

Magnolia ... I always get confused in movies where scenes are flashing back ... flashing forward and ... then returning to the present.  I am a chronological type of person ... beginning ... in between and ... end.   Am I making sense.

Janet

Janet,  we must have gone to the same school!  I understand the flash back sequences, but they needed to some how make it clearer what they were doing.  I was wondering how my Mom in California was following this story.  It was confusing to me and I knew what they were doing.   I didn't like the way they portrayed Natalee either.  She was certainly drinking and having fun, but Natalee was really pretty reserved, and I just can't see her hanging all over Joran. (I know part was from his perspective, but again they didn't make that clear in the movie.  JMO

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: April 20, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »

What happened?

Janet

BUMPED

Janet

Janet,  we must have gone to the same school!  I understand the flash back sequences, but they needed to some how make it clearer what they were doing.  I was wondering how my Mom in California was following this story.  It was confusing to me and I knew what they were doing.   I didn't like the way they portrayed Natalee either.  She was certainly drinking and having fun, but Natalee was really pretty reserved, and I just can't see her hanging all over Joran. (I know part was from his perspective, but again they didn't make that clear in the movie.  JMO

AZSunny ... Natalee's words and behavior were being protray in each of the changing stories/scenes in accordance to Joran's official statements and ... talk show interviews.

Other scenes protrayed Natalee words and behavior according to the MB students.

Natalee made some bad choice but ... I believe that Joran's agenda was to discredit Natalee and ... justify his own dispictable actions.

Janet

++++++

Transcript: Dave Holloway Reacts to Joran van der Sloot Interview
Tuesday, February 28, 2006

HOLLOWAY: Well, if you look at everything he said, it's always he's the victim, rather than, you know, Natalee. And it just goes on and on and on that he tries to minimize, you know, the victim and make himself look as if he's the victim.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186309,00.html

_____

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #577 on: April 20, 2009, 08:48:47 PM »

As for what went on inside of that car. The story was based on the opinions of the suspects and was Not accurate as they ALL lie cheat and steal and further more.. Have something to do with a murderess act.

The producers of that movie did no justice for Natalee in portraying her like that inside of that car with those FREAKS..

By all accounts that is NOT the way she got into that car..
Unless Alana has not told the correct story.

The whole thing is upsetting to me.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: April 20, 2009, 08:50:23 PM »

I agree.

I believe that Beth was attempting to expose all of Joran's lie regarding his last moments with Natalee.  However ... it was only because I possessed a background knowledge that ... I comprehended what was going on.

1.  The Holiday Inn dropoff
2.  Walk home.
3.  Deepak picked him up at the beach ... drove hime home and .. went back to the beach and murdered Natalee.
4.  Satish picked him up at the beach ... drove him home  and ... went back to the beach.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: April 20, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »

As for what went on inside of that car. The story was based on the opinions of the suspects and was Not accurate as they ALL lie cheat and steal and further more.. Have something to do with a murderess act.

The producers of that movie did no justice for Natalee in portraying her like that inside of that car with those FREAKS..

By all accounts that is NOT the way she got into that car..
Unless Alana has not told the correct story.

The whole thing is upsetting to me.

Edward ... all the details and changing stories were taken from Joran, Deepak and Satish's own words.

Beth was attempting to expose these lying suspect for who they were ... guilty of knowing what happened to her daughter.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.