April 22, 2024, 11:41:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #816 4/16/09 - 4/22/09  (Read 234791 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #680 on: April 21, 2009, 10:53:36 AM »

Good Morning.
One thing on the movie I was surprised about was the showing of Nancy Grace segments on CNN and not Greta.  Greta was more of a champion for Beth and Natalee than NG was.  I just thought it was odd that very little was said of Greta and Fox News.

<snipped>

Great Catch!!!

Maybe permission could not be obtained from FOX ....

I really do not know all the underlying legal ramifications involved.

Janet

I was thinking the same thing, Janet.  In the film, I think it was Beth's character made a comment about CNN being first with any news reports about the case.  This would lead me to believe some contractual agreement was made with CNN and not the other news networks.....besides ABC, that is, since the Joran interview was also part of the film.

I remember now!!

I think you are right on in regards to CNN and ABC.

Janet

Partnerships.......ABC's Joy Bahar fills in for Larry King, for example.   Disney, Time Warner & Lifetime....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »

Jen
Tthanks for bringing over Michelle's perspective.

I agree with Michelle's take 100%.  For the most part ... the Aruban "powers that be" who were involved in the coverup were given a pass ... even Paulus van der Sloot.

Rather than the scenes depicting Joran's changing stories ... Joran's lies ... I would rather the focus being directed at the perceived coverup.

The changing stories ... the lies are important for the viewers to comprehend but ... I believe they could have been revealed in dialogue.

Anyways ... maybe NATALEE HOLLOWAY - PART 2 will focus on the coverup.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2009, 11:01:37 AM »

I'm interested in Beth's reaction to the film......then, Dave's. 

The screen writer manipulated a lot of details that are well known to us just to fill the 2 hour slot.  Wonder what's on the cutting room floor or lines/scenes that were changed without Beth's input.   Just thinking...

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: April 21, 2009, 11:16:09 AM »

The Lifetime Channel should have had one of the Monkeys on the set as an adviser while
they were filming the movie.

The director was probably not nearly as well aquainted with the characters as we are.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: April 21, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »

Jen
Tthanks for bringing over Michelle's perspective.

I agree with Michelle's take 100%.  For the most part ... the Aruban "powers that be" who were involved in the coverup were given a pass ... even Paulus van der Sloot.

Rather than the scenes depicting Joran's changing stories ... Joran's lies ... I would rather the focus being directed at the perceived coverup.

The changing stories ... the lies are important for the viewers to comprehend but ... I believe they could have been revealed in dialogue.

Anyways ... maybe NATALEE HOLLOWAY - PART 2 will focus on the coverup.

Janet

YW Janet.

While I agree with your point of view, and that of Michelle - I must keep reminding myself that this movie likely portrays what is most important to Beth.  That being - what happened to her daughter.

So I can see how the corruption and coverup took a back seat to that.

I've had a hard time with what I feel since I watched it.

I wasn't thrilled to see Natalee portrayed in accordance with what Joran said about her.  But I understand that it was necessary to show his ever changing stories.

I wasn't really happy with the way Dave was portrayed either.  We all know he had to travel back and forth to keep up with his family and job here.  But we all also know he put his blood sweat and tears into searching for his little girl.

All in all, I think it sent the message it was intended to.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: April 21, 2009, 11:25:18 AM »

The screen writer manipulated a lot of details that are well known to us just to fill the 2 hour slot.  Wonder what's on the cutting room floor or lines/scenes that were changed without Beth's input.   Just thinking...

Dave and Beth have had the same objective all along ... answers to the questions encompassing the events of the morning of May 30, 2005 ... the morning their daughter went missing.

However ... the respective journey each loving parent took and are taking to arrive at the final destination ... ANSWERS ... were and are completely different.

There was a meeting of the minds regarding the request to replace the investigative team as well as the call of a volunteer boycott of travel to Aruba but ... for the most part ... each parent did his/her own thing.  Hey ... Dave even backtracked on the boycott issue.

I did not appreciate the scene where Dave left to return home vowing never to return to Aruba.  Although ... that scene may have revealed the truth ... it did not tell the whole story.  Dave did return to Aruba.  One of those return trips was to personally take part in the search the landfill for his daughter.  Could it be that maybe that crucial segment was omitted by the editors in an attempt.

I know I am rambling ...

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #686 on: April 21, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »

Dave and Beth have had the same objective all along ... answers to the questions encompassing the events of the morning of May 30, 2005 ... the morning their daughter went missing.

However ... the respective journey each loving parent took and are taking to arrive at the final destination ... ANSWERS ... were and are completely different.

There was a meeting of the minds regarding the request to replace the investigative team as well as the call of a volunteer boycott of travel to Aruba but ... for the most part ... each parent did his/her own thing.  Hey ... Dave even backtracked on the boycott issue.

I did not appreciate the scene where Dave left to return home vowing never to return to Aruba.  Although ... that scene may have revealed the truth ... it did not tell the whole story.  Dave did return to Aruba.  One of those return trips was to personally take part in the search the landfill for his daughter.  Could it be that maybe that crucial segment was omitted by the editors in an attempt.

I know I am rambling ...

Janet

It seemed to me that this film based on Beth's book, admitted and reinforced the fact that Dave was not in agreement about Natalee going on the trip.  It was Beth's story, and that may just be the reason Dave was not the focus, plain & simple.  We all know here, who did what, how & where. 

I have yet to be totally happy with a film when I've read the book, or know the details.  On the other hand, if I know little or nothing, I may be taken in by the scenes that are based on a true story.   Being inquisitive, though,  I will research and learn more, but a majority of viewers will not. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: April 21, 2009, 12:04:31 PM »

I know I am rambling ...

Janet

It seemed to me that this film based on Beth's book, admitted and reinforced the fact that Dave was not in agreement about Natalee going on the trip.  It was Beth's story, and that may just be the reason Dave was not the focus, plain & simple.  We all know here, who did what, how & where. 

I have yet to be totally happy with a film when I've read the book, or know the details.  On the other hand, if I know little or nothing, I may be taken in by the scenes that are based on a true story.   Being inquisitive, though,  I will research and learn more, but a majority of viewers will not. 

That scene alone implied to me that Beth was upholding Dave.  She was acknowledging Dave's apprehension regarding Natalee going to Aruba ... an apprehension that proved right.

2NJ ... I am inclined to agree with you ... the result of the editing process negatively slanted some aspects of the issues portrayed in the movie.

Janet

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: April 21, 2009, 12:08:21 PM »

Klaas

The following has now moved to Page 2 of the Front Page.  Consider it is still such an issue of interest ... is there anyway of bumping it up.

I hope I made sense.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

Lifetime Movie Network: Natalee Holloway story … Missing in Aruba Since May 2005

The Lifetime Movie Network will be airing the Natalee Holloway story on Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 8 pm ET and 9 pm PT. Encores April 20 at 12 pm ET/PT

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/04/18/lifetime-movie-network-natalee-holloway-story-missing-in-aruba-since-may-2005/

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #689 on: April 21, 2009, 12:12:35 PM »

Klaas

The following has now moved to Page 2 of the Front Page.  Consider it is still such an issue of interest ... is there anyway of bumping it up.

I hope I made sense.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

Lifetime Movie Network: Natalee Holloway story … Missing in Aruba Since May 2005

The Lifetime Movie Network will be airing the Natalee Holloway story on Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 8 pm ET and 9 pm PT. Encores April 20 at 12 pm ET/PT

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/04/18/lifetime-movie-network-natalee-holloway-story-missing-in-aruba-since-may-2005/

I noticed that, too, while searching for news earlier.  I would think that the only way to bump it would be for Red or Klaas to update the story.  jmo

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: April 21, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »

I contend that Charlierat is receiving some type of incentive to further the Aruban agenda on the internet with misinformation.

Charlierat ... what goes around ... comes around.  Just you wait.

Janet

=+++++

charlierat 2:58pm Wed Apr 15

Jan van der Straten is not Joran van der Sloot's godfather.  That story is a complete myth.  Van der Straten and Paulus van der Sloot are barely acquainted.  Van der Straten is much better friends with Jossy Mansur.

http://community.mylifetime.com/community/lmn/discussions/talk-about-natalee-holloway?page=7

++++++++

THE FRIENDSHIP - ACCORDING TO RUDY CROES

‘Van der Sloot father hindered Natalee probe’
Thursday 04 December 2008

Dutchman Jan van der Straten, who was police commissioner on the Caribbean island of Aruba when US teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared, seriously hindered the investigation in the first few days, Aruban justice minister Rudy Croes is quoted as saying by news agency ANP.

ANP says Croes claims Van der Straten was slow to take action in order to help his friend Paul van der Sloot protect his son Joran, who was suspected of being involved in the disappearance. Such rumours have circulated on the island for some time, ANP says.

According to ANP, Croes made the statement following criticism of the Aruban police force made by Van der Straten earlier this week.
Questioning

Croes said that Joran and two other suspects were only taken in for questioning 10 days after Holloway went missing ‘when the first days are crucial in a disappearance’. And he claims he heard Van der Straten say ‘I cannot do that to my friend Paul’.

Croes also claims there were a lot of telephone conversations between Van der Sloot senior and Van der Straten and that a ‘second class’ police team was put on the investigation. ‘It was the team used during the carnival celebrations,’ ANP reports him as saying.
In addition, Croes accuses the Dutch government of failing to provide any moral support to Aruba. He says the Aruban authorities were pressurised to present Joran van der Sloot as an Aruban, not a Dutch national.

ANP does not say when and where Croes made the comments, or if it had picked them up from another source.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/12/van_der_sloots_father_hindered.php

On the Record w/ Greta
Holloway Cover-up By Aruban Law Enforcement/
Friday, December 05, 2008

JOHN Q. KELLY, ATTORNEY FOR HOLLOWAY FAMILY: There’s  incredible news out of Aruba and the Netherlands today. And I don't know if you're aware of it. The minister of justice, Rudy Croes, has now come out and publicly said that the police chief at the time in Aruba when Natalee Holloway disappeared, Jan van der Straaten, was clearly complicit with Paulus van der Sloot in covering up for Joran in the initial days after Natalee's disappearance. He's calling for a whole new investigation, and he's basically, by stating that, corroborating what Joran told you in talking to you.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: All right. Well, I'm delighted that the minister of justice is finally doing that. But any clue why he waited three-and-a-half years, when the trail is really cold?

KELLY: Well, it's remarkable. None of this is about Natalee and a missing young women, and you know, parents without child. It's a bunch of ego stuff right now. It's Van der Straaten apparently criticized the police investigators, his own investigators, this week. Rudy Croes in turn then came out and said, “What's Van der Straaten talking about?” He's the one that covered up with Paulus van der Sloot. We have a whole trail of phone calls between Van der Straaten and Van der Sloot in terms of what happened in the days after Natalee's disappearance

VAN SUSTEREN: Finally, maybe, the Aruban Justice Minister is talking. It has been three and a half years. Joining by phone from Aruba is Jossy Mansur, publisher and managing editor of Diario Newspaper.
Jossy, what did the justice minister say, and does it have any impact whatsoever in Aruba?

JOSSY MANSUR, DIARIO NEWSPAPER IN ARUBA: He is saying a lot of important things that have a lot of impact in Aruba. He has openly and publicly accused the ex-chief of police that he refused to arrest Joran van der Sloot because he was the son of his best friend, Paulus.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,462349,00.html

THE FRIENDSHIP - ACCORDING TO PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT

NOVA
June 28, 2005

TWAN HUYS:  Do you know the people very well, for example, the people here from the public prosecutors' office that ordered your detention?

PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, for sure, because, before that, I have worked for eight years as chief of the cabinet of the prosecutor general.

HUYS: So, you also know the current prosecutor general?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes.

HUYS: Mrs. Croes.

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes.

HUYS: Yes, and what does that mean when your colleagues stop by to arrest you?

VAN DER SLOOT That gives a feeling of absurdity. It is indeed almost unimaginable that by someone you actually know very well, where you worked together with for a long time, that that one comes to tell you that you are suspected of complicity to murder.

HUYS: Who was that in your case?

VAN DER SLOOT: That was, in this case, that was the leader of the team of police commissioners.

HUYS: Jan van der Straaten.

VAN DER SLOOT: That was Jan van der Straaten, yes.

HUYS: And you know each other very well?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes

http://scrux.com/natalee/paulusinterview.htm

_____

nimrod
Scared Monkey

« Reply #691 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:01 PM »

Do I smell Joe Taco's threaten law suits as the reason for the omision of the cover ups by Aruba and for Paulas VD Sloot's involvement? Also, for the omision of anything from Greta?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:12 PM »

LIFETIME MOVIE NETWORK'S ORIGINAL FILM NATALEE HOLLOWAY BECOMES NETWORK'S HIGHESTRATED MOVIE EVER

Sunday, April 19, Premiere of NATALEE HOLLOWAY is the Highest Rated Movie in All of Basic Cable in the Last 12 Months Among Women 18-49

Original Movie Breaks Ratings Records Among Total Viewers, Households, Women 18-49, Women 25-54 and Women 18+

Movie Based on Beth Holloway's Book Delivers More Than 3.2 Million Total Viewers

LOS ANGELES, CA (April 20, 2009) Lifetime Movie Network's Original Movie Natalee Holloway delivered the Network's highest ratings ever in its 11-year history, garnering 3.2 million Total Viewers and breaking all previous records set among the Network's key women demographics with its Sunday, April 19, premiere. The movie, starring Tracy Pollan (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) as Holloway's mother Beth, was also the highest rated movie in ad-supported basic cable in the last 12 months among Women 18-49.

Based on Holloway's book, Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith, Natalee Holloway scored record ratings among Total Viewers, Households, Women 18-49,Women 25-54 and Women 18+, according to Nielsen fast national reporting.

Magnolia,
This is wonderful news.  Did you by any chance send it to Jen Hale?  Is it possible to get a link?  If so, I will send it to her also.  Maybe if she receives it from several people, it will sink in.

Also I wonder if she realized that Charlie Rat is a member of a forum more or less devoted to what I would consider Beth bashing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: April 21, 2009, 12:48:12 PM »

Janet,
I have always thought CharlieRat was getting free junkets of some sort for all his promotion.  If he's not, he's the only one and should be.  In fact, given all the free accommodation to any and all travel agents, he should get plenty. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: April 21, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »

LIFETIME MOVIE NETWORK'S ORIGINAL FILM NATALEE HOLLOWAY BECOMES NETWORK'S HIGHESTRATED MOVIE EVER

Sunday, April 19, Premiere of NATALEE HOLLOWAY is the Highest Rated Movie in All of Basic Cable in the Last 12 Months Among Women 18-49

Original Movie Breaks Ratings Records Among Total Viewers, Households, Women 18-49, Women 25-54 and Women 18+

Movie Based on Beth Holloway's Book Delivers More Than 3.2 Million Total Viewers

LOS ANGELES, CA (April 20, 2009) Lifetime Movie Network's Original Movie Natalee Holloway delivered the Network's highest ratings ever in its 11-year history, garnering 3.2 million Total Viewers and breaking all previous records set among the Network's key women demographics with its Sunday, April 19, premiere. The movie, starring Tracy Pollan (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) as Holloway's mother Beth, was also the highest rated movie in ad-supported basic cable in the last 12 months among Women 18-49.

Based on Holloway's book, Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith, Natalee Holloway scored record ratings among Total Viewers, Households, Women 18-49,Women 25-54 and Women 18+, according to Nielsen fast national reporting.

HIGHEST RATED EVER...ARUBA..CAN YOU SAY SEQUEL....

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: April 21, 2009, 12:49:51 PM »

The MOVIE is never as good as the BOOK, IMO.

Coming out in paperback April 29 and available at Amazon.com.  I received an email to this effect from Amazon.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: April 21, 2009, 12:50:46 PM »

And it's still playing!

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP BUMP!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: April 21, 2009, 12:53:05 PM »

It would be amazing if we had the ability,economically,to find out how much money protecting the VDS family has cost the tiny island of ARUBA.....WHAT ARE THEY WORTH TO THE ISLAND??

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: April 21, 2009, 12:54:59 PM »

Does anyone have at hand the schedule for the subsequent viewing?
I know I could go back and find it but if someone already has it saved and would post it, I think we can get it up to highest on the replays as well.

People do care and are VERY interested despite what Aruba and the CharlieRats of this world think.  Some people would sell their soul for a free vacation or so I have heard.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: April 21, 2009, 12:59:01 PM »

I understand some think our thread was inactive during this crucial period.  Two people were killed in Alabama in the storms over the weekend so pardon us if we lose electrcity!

But I also hope any who find our thread via Google who have become concerned as a result of this movie will take the time to look at our outstanding Murder and Crime In Aruba thread, a link for which is always in my Signature.

It just might prove to be very enlightening as well.

TxMom and others continue to update it as time permits.  Unfortunately there is just so much crime in Aruba it's hard to always post it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.