April 30, 2024, 12:29:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370174 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1160 on: July 26, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »

thanks for the confirmation Can....it is the news that most of us expected to hear...sadly...hopefully her parents will find some sortof peace in knowing where their child is and can put her to rest....

damn! when is the murdering of our young children going to stop!!!
yw Cookie.  Yes at least Tori can be given the dignity of a decent burial.
Unfortunately I don't believe there is any getting over a loss of a child. 

Condolences to Tori's parents and brother and all who knew and loved her.

I agree...no way, no how can a parent ever get over the loss of a child....it has to be with them every moment for the rest of their lives...no parent should have to go through this...

This is the weekend we celebrate my nephew's birthday.  Even years later, the loss is with us on every occasion and even the regular days.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1161 on: July 26, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »

McClintic may get plea bargain in Stafford murder
680News staff Woodstock  | Tuesday, July 21st, 2009 5:48 pm

Woodstock - The lawyer representing the 19-year-old woman charged in the death of eight-year-old Tori Stafford said a plea bargain may be suitable in this case because she says her client, Terri-Lynne McClintic, assisted police in their investigation.

McClintic's lawyer, Jeannine E. LeRoy, told 680News, " It's done almost in each and every case that comes before the criminal court.  It is a normal, regular and appropriate occurrence."

McClintic and Michael Rafferty are each charged with kidnapping and first-degree murder in Stafford's death.

on Tuesday, the OPP confirmed that remains of a child found in a farmer's field near Mount Forest are those of 8-year old Tori Stafford.

http://www.680news.com/news/headlines/more.jsp?content=20090721_174732_7712

McClintic's lawyer couldn't have issued a no comment and kept their mouth shut on the day that this little one is officially identified? No, they are bragging about what a helpful person their client is. The person that lead Tori to last hours on earth.

Unconscionable and disrespectful!

Shame on them!

It makes McC look even worse.  It is not about her, it is about Tori.  When will these perps AND THEIR LAWYERS get it through their heads?  It is about the life they took, not their own.  She should have thought about that before she abducted Tori to be murdered.  Why didn't she think about it then? 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1162 on: July 26, 2009, 03:51:42 PM »

(xx)UPDATE(xx) Victoria Stafford Abduction and Murder Investigation
    Police Confirm Identity of Found Remains are Victoria Stafford

WOODSTOCK, ON, July 21 /CNW/ - Ontario Provincial Police Detective
Inspector Bill Renton of the Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB), lead
investigator for the Victoria Stafford abduction and murder case briefed the
media today during an early morning news conference held at the Oxford
Community Police Service headquarters. Detective Inspector Renton announced
that the found human remains recovered yesterday in a rural location in the
area of Mount Forest (Concession 6 and 2nd Side Road of Arthur Township) had
been confirmed by the Centre of Forensic Sciences to be those of Victoria
Stafford who was abducted on April 8, 2009 while leaving her school in the
City of Woodstock Ontario.
    Detective Inspector Renton was joined by Police Chief Rod Freeman of the
Oxford Community Police Service and OPP Commissioner Julian Fantino to confirm
the investigative findings and to express their condolences to the Stafford
family and to the community of Woodstock.
    During the conference, Detective Inspector Renton also stated that
investigators are continuing their search for the missing cloth covered rear
seat of a 2003 Honda Civic.
Anyone who believes to have any knowledge on the
whereabouts of this seat is asked to contact the Victoria Stafford "TIP LINE"
at 1-866-825-4222 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
    Detective Inspector Renton would also like to take this opportunity to
thank everyone in the community and in the media for their ongoing efforts and
support to assist the investigative team throughout this investigation. The
investigation is continuing.

Information about this case can be found on the OPP Missing Persons and
Unidentified Bodies website at www.opp.ca or at
www.oxfordcommunitypolice.on.ca or America's Most Wanted at www.amw.com or
www.rogerstv.com/gmw

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/July2009/21/c7752.html

This is killing me!

I believe in miracles!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1163 on: July 28, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »

Family was prepared for the worst, says Tori's dad
Updated Wed. Jul. 22 2009 9:04 AM ET

ctvtoronto.ca

The father of slain Woodstock, Ont. girl Victoria Stafford said his family was prepared for the worst when they were told by police that they had located his daughter's remains. But he continues to struggle with the question of how something so horrible could happen to someone as innocent as his little girl.

Rodney Stafford told CTV's Canada AM on Wednesday that the news was "definitely something you don't want to hear" but that his family had feared the worst from the moment Victoria was kidnapped in April.

Police found the eight-year-old girl's body Sunday afternoon but didn't confirm the remains were those of Victoria until Tuesday.

Victoria, also known by her nickname "Tori", was last seen alive on April 8, walking away from her school with an unidentified woman. The child and the woman were captured on a security camera near her school.

Stafford said his son, 11-year-old Darren, is "not doing too bad" since finding out about his sister's murder.

He said Darren had been prepared from the moment police arrested two suspects in connection with the case back in June and charged them with first-degree murder.

Stafford said a public memorial, also held in June, gave Darren a chance to mourn his little sister.

"He's coming to grips with it a lot better than if he had just found that out," he said. "The memorial helped prepare him for the outcome."

At the memorial, Darren gave a speech about his sister, saying he understands that Victoria is gone, even though he waited day after day for her safe return. He broke down in tears after saying, "I love you Tori."

The Stafford family will never stop asking themselves why this happened to them, Victoria's father said Wednesday.

"I've been struggling with that since Victoria disappeared," he said. "I've never been able to understand that. Why someone so innocent? Why my baby?

"She was a beautiful little girl who was sweet and innocent," he said. "She was taken way too early."

Two suspects, 28-year-old Michael Rafferty and 18-year-old Terri-Lynne McLintic, have been charged with first degree murder and kidnapping. They are currently in police custody.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090722/stafford_family_090722/20090722?hub=Canada

an angelic monkey
Northern
Tori was announced Missing the same day that Sandra Cantu's ( possible remains in the floating suitcase was found) I remember all to well.

I pray for Tori's brother that he is given grief counseling, I can't even fathom within his young mind that he can deal with his sister's disappearance let alone her death. 

Mom and Dad too - I believe they all need help. As 3 individuals and as a Family. Divorced or not. Darren has to be able to thrive and grow and not have all this within his heart and mind " bottled" because he feels he is being selfish and or should remain quiet in order for his Parents to deal with what has transpired in the last week or so.

I pray for this Family. I think they have had a very very hard road as one family - prior to Tori's disappearance. Now it is like a tidal wave of emotions and media and law enforcement and more ...
Wounds run deep and will be forever if some one does not offer a voice and treatment plan for this family.

God Bless Tori and her Family
Now that they know it is relief yes, but does not make it easier in any way .. none. It is pure turmoil that will be for a long time coming yet.

Tori's Brother should be a Priority within all of this. He needs to be a Focus. His entire life has been shredded and he( his age) has not the ability to know what to do, say and or understand his feelings.

an angelic monkey
Thank You Northern for all your added information/care within Tori's Case.
K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1164 on: July 30, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »

Family set to say goodbye
Posted By Bruce Urquhart, SENTINEL-REVIEW
Updated 4 hours ago

Sixteen weeks after she was cruelly stolen from a Woodstock street, Victoria "Tori" Stafford has now come home.

The eight-year-old's remains were finally returned to her grieving family this week from Toronto's Centre for Forensic Sciences, marking the end to the saddest chapter in this heart-wrenching story.

"We have been able to return Victoria back home for a (private) funeral," acting Oxford Community Police Service Chief Rod Freeman confirmed Wednesday. "We're happy she's back home. I've talked to the family, who are relieved they can put her to rest with dignity."

But Tori's sad homecoming is far from the end of the police investigation, which Freeman promised would continue in earnest for some time. Officers with this joint OPP-OCPS investigation were still combing the rural area near Mount Forest where an OPP detective discovered Tori's remains on July 19.

"They are still working up in the Mount Forest area," Freeman said. "It won't be for much longer."

Freeman said that pathologists at the Centre for Forensic Sciences were still examining recovered evidence in preparation for the upcoming trials of the two Woodstonians accused of Tori's kidnap and murder. While the police would still be at the forefront of the investigation for weeks to come -- Freeman estimated that OCPS officers would still part of the "core investigation" until the late fall -- the acting chief said the case was fast approaching the point where Oxford's Crown attorney's office would be taking the lead.

"The task force is still shouldering the lion's share of the investigation right now," he said, "but we're certainly a lot closer to that point now than we were just a few weeks ago."

Freeman indicated that investigators were already working closely with the Crown attorney's office to prepare the cases against 28-year-old Michael Rafferty and 19-year-old Terri-Lynne McClintic. With several prosecutors working full time on the two trials, including Oxford Crown attorney Brian Crockett, assistant Crown attorney Michael Carnegie and London-based Crown attorney Geoff Beasley, Freeman suggested there was an "unprecedented working relationship" between the Crown's office and the task force.

Tori disappeared on April 8 shortly after leaving Oliver Stephens Public School at 3:30 p.m., sparking a massive police operation that involved more than 100 OPP and OCPS officers. While the initial investigation culminated in the May 19 arrests of McClintic and 28-year-old Michael Rafferty for Tori's kidnap and murder, police continued to comb the countryside around Guelph for the little girl's remains.

Investigators are continuing their search for the rear grey cloth-covered seat from the 2003 Honda Civic that police believe was used in the abduction of the little girl.

McClintic's next court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 12 while Rafferty is set to appear on Aug .21.

http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1679457
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1165 on: July 30, 2009, 05:23:22 PM »

Family was prepared for the worst, says Tori's dad
Updated Wed. Jul. 22 2009 9:04 AM ET

ctvtoronto.ca

The father of slain Woodstock, Ont. girl Victoria Stafford said his family was prepared for the worst when they were told by police that they had located his daughter's remains. But he continues to struggle with the question of how something so horrible could happen to someone as innocent as his little girl.

Rodney Stafford told CTV's Canada AM on Wednesday that the news was "definitely something you don't want to hear" but that his family had feared the worst from the moment Victoria was kidnapped in April.

Police found the eight-year-old girl's body Sunday afternoon but didn't confirm the remains were those of Victoria until Tuesday.

Victoria, also known by her nickname "Tori", was last seen alive on April 8, walking away from her school with an unidentified woman. The child and the woman were captured on a security camera near her school.

Stafford said his son, 11-year-old Darren, is "not doing too bad" since finding out about his sister's murder.

He said Darren had been prepared from the moment police arrested two suspects in connection with the case back in June and charged them with first-degree murder.

Stafford said a public memorial, also held in June, gave Darren a chance to mourn his little sister.

"He's coming to grips with it a lot better than if he had just found that out," he said. "The memorial helped prepare him for the outcome."

At the memorial, Darren gave a speech about his sister, saying he understands that Victoria is gone, even though he waited day after day for her safe return. He broke down in tears after saying, "I love you Tori."

The Stafford family will never stop asking themselves why this happened to them, Victoria's father said Wednesday.

"I've been struggling with that since Victoria disappeared," he said. "I've never been able to understand that. Why someone so innocent? Why my baby?

"She was a beautiful little girl who was sweet and innocent," he said. "She was taken way too early."

Two suspects, 28-year-old Michael Rafferty and 18-year-old Terri-Lynne McLintic, have been charged with first degree murder and kidnapping. They are currently in police custody.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090722/stafford_family_090722/20090722?hub=Canada

an angelic monkey
Northern
Tori was announced Missing the same day that Sandra Cantu's ( possible remains in the floating suitcase was found) I remember all to well.

I pray for Tori's brother that he is given grief counseling, I can't even fathom within his young mind that he can deal with his sister's disappearance let alone her death. 

Mom and Dad too - I believe they all need help. As 3 individuals and as a Family. Divorced or not. Darren has to be able to thrive and grow and not have all this within his heart and mind " bottled" because he feels he is being selfish and or should remain quiet in order for his Parents to deal with what has transpired in the last week or so.

I pray for this Family. I think they have had a very very hard road as one family - prior to Tori's disappearance. Now it is like a tidal wave of emotions and media and law enforcement and more ...
Wounds run deep and will be forever if some one does not offer a voice and treatment plan for this family.

God Bless Tori and her Family
Now that they know it is relief yes, but does not make it easier in any way .. none. It is pure turmoil that will be for a long time coming yet.

Tori's Brother should be a Priority within all of this. He needs to be a Focus. His entire life has been shredded and he( his age) has not the ability to know what to do, say and or understand his feelings.

an angelic monkey
Thank You Northern for all your added information/care within Tori's Case.
K

Thank you Deenie.  Rodney is biking from Ontario to Jasper to raise money for missing children.  He has said he will say his goodbye to Tori when he reaches the mountain that she visited  with her Aunt from Alberta.  Rodney is turning this into something good for all children and I think he is a very wise man to take his emotions out on a very long bike ride.  I have been to the mountains that that Tori visited and loved many times.  They are truly a piece of God's hand as are all the children of this world.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1166 on: July 30, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »

Remains of Tori Stafford returned to family, private funeral planned
Posted By Canadian Press
Posted 2 hours ago

WOODSTOCK - The remains of Victoria Stafford have been returned to her family in Woodstock who are planning a private funeral.

Oxford community police Chief Rod Freeman says the remains were returned this week from the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto.

A police officer located the remains in a wooded area in southwestern Ontario on July 19.

The eight-year-old girl disappeared after leaving school April 8.

Freeman says police are still combing the area where Tori's remains were found.

Michael Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 19, are charged with the kidnapping and murder of the little girl.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1679885
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1167 on: July 30, 2009, 05:25:28 PM »

Father of murdered Ont. girl Tori Stafford starts charity bike trek next week
(CP) – 1 day ago

WOODSTOCK, Ont. — The father of murdered eight-year-old Tori Stafford has set a date to begin a bike journey to Alberta to raise money for the charity Child Find Ontario.

Rodney Stafford says he plans to leave Woodstock, Ont., on Aug. 5 for the 3,500-kilometre trek, and hopes to arrive in Alberta one month later

Tori's remains were located by police July 19 in a farm field in southwestern Ontario, and that prompted Rodney Stafford to wait a few extra days before starting the trip.

After reaching Alberta, he'll drive to a mountain his daughter once visited to release one purple balloon.

Stafford says Tori loved that colour and this will be his way of saying goodbye.

A Woodstock, Ont., man and woman await trial on first-degree murder and kidnapping charges in Tori's death.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jvH5OpTNt3VV4Z3_xbBRYcQP4dUw
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1168 on: August 02, 2009, 05:26:20 PM »

PLEASE GO TO THE PRAYER THREAD AND LEAVE A POST FOR NORTHERN ROSE.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=21.new#new

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1169 on: August 06, 2009, 05:49:23 PM »

Tori Stafford's dad riding through Barrie today
Rodney Stafford heading to Alberta help out Child Find Ontario
Updated 4 hours ago

The father of slain Woodstock girl Tori Stafford is expected to pass through Barrie today on his cross-country bike ride to Alberta.

Rodney Stafford's Kilometres for Kids trip to raise money for Child Find Ontario kicked off yesterday in Woodstock.

He's expected to arrive around 4 p.m. at the McDonald's Restaurant on Dunlop Street.

Keep an eye on us for an update.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1688611
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1170 on: August 10, 2009, 01:33:43 PM »

Rodney Stafford nearing northern Ontario on fundraising trip to Alberta

WOODSTOCK, Ont. - The father of slain Woodstock, Ont., girl Tori Stafford is nearing the northern region of the province on his bike trip to raise funds for Child Find Ontario. Rodney Stafford embarked on the Kilometres for Kids trip Wednesday morning in Woodstock and has now reached the Algonquin Park area of Ontario.

On the first day of the trip, Stafford cycled 128 kilometres, arriving just south of Orangeville, Ont.

Stafford is travelling more than 3,000 kilometres to Edmonton, where he plans to release one purple balloon on a mountain his little girl once visited.

Stafford's eight-year-old daughter Victoria disappeared in April after returning home from school, and two Woodstock residents have been charged with her murder.

Stafford says he hopes to pedal about 120 kilometres per day. (CIHR)

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/canada/article/278008--rodney-stafford-nearing-northern-ontario-on-fundraising-trip-to-alberta
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1171 on: August 14, 2009, 10:23:38 AM »

Tori's father reaches Sudbury
Posted By LARA BRADLEY, THE SUDBURY STAR

As he cycles to Edmonton, every day Rodney Stafford sees things that remind him of his daughter Victoria, known to most as Tori.

Tori would have turned nine in July.

On the second day of his journey from Woodstock, it was her favourite colour purple -- shirts, a patch of heart-shaped flowers and even a purple port-a-potty -- that brought Tori to mind.

But on Thursday, as he logged a leg from North Bay to Sudbury, it was the "Remember Adam" billboards, reminding motorists to follow the law when it comes to school buses.

"Things like that can be prevented. We've got to do anything we can to worry about the safety of our children," he said.

Stafford is making the 3,453- kilometre bike ride across the country in honour of his slain daughter, but also to raise awareness and funds for Child Find Ontario, a group that works to find and protect missing kids.

"I'm doing so in memory of my daughter. But more so, for all the kids in Canada. It's about time someone did something to heighten the awareness of our children's safety."

He left Woodstock on Aug. 5 with the intention of making it to Edmonton, one of Tori's favourite places, in about a month. However, he realizes it probably will take longer.

"Over the course of the last week and a day, I took off to fundraise, stopped in Gravenhurst, Huntsville and North Bay," he said. "It's going to take time."

Stafford plans to collect donations in Sudbury today.

In North Bay, he raised more than $800, while people in Gravenhurst contributed around $1,500. While he stopped at the Sudbury welcome area Thursday, a man drove up and gave Stafford a cheque for $50.

He's employing a piece of technology called the Eye-zOn, which might be used in the future to keep track of kids. People can go to www.eye-zon.comto follow Stafford's progress.

Peter Beggs, who's driving the van with Stafford's girlfriend, developed the tracking device after his grandson climbed out of his stroller and went missing for a brief period.

Tori Stafford was abducted April 8 after leaving her school in Woodstock. A 19-year-old woman and 28-year-old man, residents of the city, remain in custody and face kidnapping and first-degree murder charges.

Her remains were found on July 19 in Mount Forest, Ont. The cause of death is not yet known.

The idea for the cross-Canada cycling trip came out of a conversation between Stafford, his son and girlfriend, shortly after his daughter's memorial June 6.

"We were all going to release a balloon from the top of the mountain in Jasper. But my son couldn't get permission to go and my girlfriend thought she couldn't make the ride," he said.

She has since joined him, not on a bicycle, but by helping with the van.

Even though Stafford hadn't done much cycling --13 kilometres was the longest distance he'd ever done before leaving Woodstock -- he's finding this trip not too bad. However, his knee does start to act up when he goes over the 95-kilometre mark in a day.

"It's a challenge I came up with and I am going to complete," he said.

As for helping with the grieving process, it does and it doesn't, Stafford said.

His son Daryn, 11, misses Victoria, too.

"He started going on about how he couldn't play with his sister anymore because of these two stupid people. Why did they have to go and do it? We couldn't answer his questions. We didn't know," he said.

http://www.thesudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1700222
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1172 on: August 17, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »

McClintic appears in court
Posted By Bruce Urquhart, SENTINEL-REVIEW

The lawyer for the 19-year-old woman accused of kidnapping and murdering Victoria "Tori" Stafford declined to comment Wednesday on the possibility of a plea deal for her client.

While lawyer Jeanine LeRoy has raised the prospect of a plea bargain in the past -- pointing to her client's co-operation with investigators during the initial police search for Tori's remains -- she was much more circumspect after Terri-Lynne McClintic's morning court appearance.

"I expect I will be speaking to the Crown after I review the disclosure and discuss it with my client, but that's a long way away" LeRoy said outside the Oxford County Court House. "I have no comment anymore about any speculation that there is or will be a resolution to this matter."

During McClintic's brief video appearance from the Elgin-Middlesex Detention Centre, the court heard that LeRoy had just received a "significant amount of disclosure" from the Crown Attorney's office. As a pale McClintic stood silently, her dark hair pulled back from her face, LeRoy asked the court for an adjournment "to allow my client and myself an opportunity to review that disclosure."

When asked later about the quantity of the disclosed evidence, LeRoy said the Crown had provided her with the equivalent of a computer hard drive.

"It's going to take a substantial amount of time to review," she said. "Much of (the disclosure), as you know, comes from my client.

"We will wade through all of it and make a determination which way we will go."

Before the morning court appearance, LeRoy actually had a 15-minute meeting with London-based Crown Attorney Geoff Beasley, who is handling McClintic's prosecution.

During this brief encounter, Beasley said he and LeRoy had been "discussing some disclosure." LeRoy also had a short telephone conversation with her client before requesting the six-week adjournment.

McClintic is alleged to be the young woman shown walking with Tori in the grainy video footage that became a critical piece of evidence in the OPP-Oxford Community Police Service investigation. McClintic and 28-year-old Michael Rafferty, the man also accused of kidnapping and murdering the eight-year-old Woodstock girl, were arrested on May 19, almost six weeks after Tori disappeared. An OPP officer eventually discovered the little girl's remains in a field in the Mount Forest area during a late July search.

McClintic is next scheduled to appear on Thursday, Oct. 1, while Rafferty is slated to return to court on Friday, Aug. 21

http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1698406
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1173 on: August 17, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »

Stafford Suspect Trial Delayed

Thu, 13 Aug 2009 8:43:27 EDT

One of the suspects in the Tori Stafford case has put off her trial until the fall. 19 year-old Terri-Lynne McClintic's lawyer has once again postponed the trial to go through a variety of evidence against her client. At McClintics last court appearance, the trial was put off for the same reason. McClintic was charged with kidnapping and first degree murder in the death of Stafford. Although brief, McClintic appeared in the Woodstock courtroom via video link. She's scheduled to appear in court next October 1st 2009. 28-year-old Michael Rafferty, who's also charged with kidnapping and first degree murder, is scheduled to make his next court appearance on August 21st. The remains of Tori Stafford were found near Mount Forest July 19th. A cause of death still has not been released.

http://www.myfmradio.ca/1057/wire/news/00508_Stafford_Suspect_Trial_Delayed_084256.php
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1174 on: August 17, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »

Rodney Stafford in town
Posted By The Sault Star

Rodney Stafford, the father of murdered eight-year-old Victoria "Tori" Stafford, is in Sault Ste. Marie.

Stafford is cycling from his hometown of Woodstock, Ont., to Edmonton to raise money for Child Find Ontario. View his progress at eye-zon.com.

Stafford will be at Wal-Mart most of the day on behalf of Child Find.

Tori Stafford was abducted April 8 after leaving school in Woodstock. Her remains were found on July 19 in Mount Forest, Ont. Cause of death has not been determined.

A 19-year-old woman and 28-year-old man are in custody on kidnapping and first-degree murder charges.

Rod left Woodstock on Aug. 5.

The Sault Star will have full coverage of this event later today and in tomorrow's newspaper.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1703297
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1175 on: August 17, 2009, 01:10:35 PM »

To see where Rodney is on his bike trip here is an excellent site:

http://www.eye-zon.com/EyezonBlack20090213/Portal/kilometres_for_kids.php

Rodney's blog as he rides his bike:

http://www.eye-zon.com/EyezonBlack20090213/Kilometres_For_Kids/Kilometres_For_Kids.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1176 on: August 17, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »

http://www.eye-zon.com/EyezonBlack20090213/Kilometres_For_Kids/Entries/2009/8/13_Leaving_North_Bay.html

Rodney’s Blog
  Leaving North Bay
 Leaving North Bay this morning. Great day yesterday – raised over $830 in donations at Northgate Central Mall. Thanks to Katherine from the mall for helping us out, and to the Holiday Inn Express North Bay for taking such good care of us with a nice place to stay.

Saw a family of bears! One came pretty close to the car. Very cool.

Heading up Hwy 17 to Sudbury today. If anyone in the towns along the way wants to track us and come out to make a donation, Pete from EYE-ZON is following me in the van, and he’ll gladly stop to accept Child Find donations. I wish I could stop and talk to everyone, but when I’m on the bike, we have a daily goal, and it’s ambitious, so I kind of need to concentrate and keep the pedals moving. I really appreciate everyone coming out to wish me well, though.

Let’s keep pushing together, for Tori, and all kids.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1177 on: August 17, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »

http://www.eye-zon.com/EyezonBlack20090213/Kilometres_For_Kids/Entries/2009/8/15_Sudbury.html

Rodney’s Blog
  Sudbury
 Left North Bay on Thursday. Lots of folks came out to see us on the way out and we stopped to pick up donations along the way. Really great people in North Bay.

Arrived in Sudbury, and there was media waiting for us just outside the city limits for interviews – Sudbury Star, CBC Radio (English and French), and Channel 10, the local Sudbury TV station. We spent two days fundraising, and we worked alongside the local Child Find folks fingerprinting kids at the Walmart. That was really great. Special thanks to Vicki and Sharon from Child Find, Pierre the Assistant Manager at Walmart Sudbury, Homewood Suites, and the people of Sudbury for their generosity.

Lots of tears, lots of hugs in both directions. I get some, I give some. It doesn’t hurt. Everybody is really kind, and we even met a family who invited us to spend the evening with them and their kids. Jay and Jackie – Whitney and I will see you again after the trip!

Not as much wildlife as I expected. People kept telling me to watch for moose. I almost ran over a squirrel that got under the bike on the Trans Canada, but that’s about it.

On the way to the Sault. Staying in a little town called Spanish tonight. More later. Keep the support coming!

Miss you Daryn!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1178 on: August 18, 2009, 12:50:24 PM »

Father's ride touching Canadians

Tue, August 18, 2009

TORI STAFFORD
SAULT STE. MARIE -- The father of slain Woodstock girl Tori Stafford is sparking emotional reactions from total strangers as he cycles across Canada in his daughter's honour.

Rodney Stafford stopped here yesterday to collect donations for a child-safety agency and was recognized by those heartbroken by the widely reported April abduction and slaying of Tori.

"Look at me -- I'm shaking," one woman, who gave her name only as Kim, said after running into the man she recognized from months of newscasts. "I feel for him. It must be tough."

In several cities, Stafford has set up a table outside local businesses to collect donations for Child Find. Some people pause to also offer Stafford a kind word or, in one case yesterday, lunch.

"For the most part, everybody's been trying to help me through this," Stafford said.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/08/18/10492676-sun.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1179 on: August 18, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »

Tori's dad reaches Sault Ste. Marie on cycle
By Frank Dobrovnik, SUN MEDIA

SAULT STE. MARIE, Ont. - Most people who cycle across Canada, either for a good cause or just in the spirit of adventure, prepare for months or years for the trek.

Rodney Stafford couldn’t do that. His destiny was set out for him after his daughter, Victoria “Tori” Stafford, was abducted and killed April 8 as she walked home from her Woodstock, Ont., school.

Rodney is now riding to Edmonton, where his daughter visited a favourite aunt last year, and will release a single purple — her favourite colour — balloon from a mountain in Jasper.

His daughter’s memory, and the support of countless people along the way, keep him going, he said in Sault Ste. Marie on Monday.

“I wake up in the morning, and I’m a little bit tired, a little bit stiff, but as the day goes on, I’m reaching down and pulling out energy I didn’t know I had,” said Rodney, 33, who before now had done no cycling and little else in the way of physical activity.

Indeed, Stafford admits to being somewhat aimless — he was attempting to complete his Grade 12 last spring “when all this happened” — until now.

“I feel way more motivated to complete this task than anything I’ve ever done, for sure.”

Stafford is also using the 3,400-kilometre Kilometres For Kids ride to raise money and awareness for Child Find.

His progress is being GPS-tracked in real time through a company called Eye-zOn, which is being marketed to keep track of children, wandering elderly people and others. Peter Beggs, who is driving a van with Rodney’s girlfriend, Whitney, developed the technology after his grandson climbed out of his stroller and briefly went missing.

In cities such as North Bay, Sudbury and the Sault, Stafford and his small support group have set up a table outside the local Walmart or McDonald’s with a donation jar that steadily fills by the hour. Some people pause to also offer Stafford a kind word or, in the case of at least one person Monday, lunch.

“For the most part, everybody’s been trying to help me through this,” said Stafford, who still cries at least once a day over the loss of his daughter, who would have turned nine July 15.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/canada/2009/08/18/10499746.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.