April 30, 2024, 07:26:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370103 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1240 on: December 16, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »

Tori Stafford murder suspect waives right to preliminary hearing
(CP) – 2 hours ago

WOODSTOCK, Ont. — One of two people charged in the murder of Woodstock, Ont., girl Tori Stafford has waived her right to a preliminary hearing.

Terri-Lynn McClintic, who is charged with kidnapping and murder, appeared in court today in the southwestern Ontario community. Her lawyer, Jeanine Leroy, says her client waived a preliminary hearing because she's "mentally ready to deal with the matter."

The decision means the case against McClintic will proceed directly to trial, and the dates for the trial will be set next March 12.

Stafford, who was eight, was abducted on April 8 as she walked home from school in Woodstock and her remains were found about five months later in a wooded area north of the city.

McClintic and Michael Rafferty were each charged with murder in May.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hO2g58FnJ5dXGRkivm90pWnKVhrA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1241 on: December 16, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »

Tori murder suspect waives right to preliminary trial

A young woman charged with the murder of 8-year-old Victoria "Tori" Stafford has waived her right to a preliminary hearing.

Terri-Lynn McClintic, 19, agreed to proceed directly to trial during a court appearance Wednesday morning.

McClintic is one of two people charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping in connection with the child's death. McClintic's former boyfriend Michael Rafferty has said he will plead not guilty to the charges.

Jeanine LeRoy, the lawyer representing the teenaged girl, said her client made the decision because she is "mentally ready to deal with the matter."

Her trial date is expected to be set on March 12.

Tori Stafford's remains were found on July 19, 2009, more than three months after the child went missing from her Woodstock-area school.

A surveillance camera close to her school captured the girl being led away from school grounds by an unidentified woman on April 8.

Though they hadn't yet recovered the girl's body, investigators arrested two suspects on May 20 and charged them with the murder. Police said at the time that McClintic was cooperating with investigators.

Tori's disappearance sparked a review and subsequent improvements to Ontario's Amber Alert system.

The Oxford Community Police were heavily criticized for not issuing an alert after the Grade 3 student disappeared but at the time, authorities said they didn't have enough evidence to meet the criteria of an Amber Alert.

Now, Ontario police have greater leeway for sounding the alarm. Police must only believe - not confirm - that a child has been abducted and is in danger to issue the alert.
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091216/tori_murder_091216/20091216/?hub=TorontoNewHome
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1242 on: December 17, 2009, 10:22:30 AM »

Stafford upset over book

The father of slain Woodstock girl Tori Stafford is upset about a book that's been published long before the case is completed.

Rodney Stafford says the book could "potentially ruin the trial" and adds that he will "snap" if that happens.

The book by Dianna Holden is entitled "Convicted of Murder and Abduction Online: Based on the True Story of the Abduction and Murder of Victoria Stafford Canada's Angel."

Holden says she wanted to show how speculation fuelled by the media and the Internet may have led to the wrong people being behind bars.

She adds that she meant no harm to the family and is upset that people are judging the book without even knowing what it's about.

One of the two accused in the death of the eight-year-old girl, Terri-Lynne McClintic, waived her right to a preliminary hearing Wednesday on charges of kidnapping and murder. Co-accused Michael Rafferty is to appear via video in court on Friday.

http://southwesternontario.ctv.ca/news.php?id=6437
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1243 on: December 17, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »

McClintic makes surprise appearance

The woman accused of murdering Victoria "Tori" Stafford made an unexpected in-person court appearance to set a date to begin the trial process.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, 19, waived her right to a preliminary hearing and agreed to go directly to trial. Originally, the accused was scheduled to appear by video link on Dec. 16 from the Elgin-Middlesex Detention Centre.

Justice Marietta Roberts informed McClintic that future trial dates will be set on March 12, 2010, at 10 a.m..

The move means the matter has now been transferred from Ontario to Superior Court.

The trial will be held in front of a judge and jury.

McClintic faces the charges of confinement and the first-degree murder of Victoria 'Tori" Elizabeth Stafford.

Appearing thinner and wearing a striped gray and burgundy sweater and her dark hair in a ponytail, McClintic remained emotionless as she acknowledged the date.

Stafford disappeared on April 8 while walking home after school, sparking a massive ground and air search. McClintic and her former boyfriend Michael Rafferty were both charged with first-degree murder in May.

McClintic's lawyer, Jeanine LeRoy, said McClintic made the court appearance because it was warranted under the circumstances. She also said McClintic's decision to waive a preliminary hearing "clearly made it known" that she had a desire to proceed in the trial process.

When questioned by reporters, LeRoy said she didn't know what the impact of McClintic's decision to bypass a preliminary hearing would have on co-accused Michael Rafferty's, who appears in court this Friday morning by video link.

"I have no idea," she said.

http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2226143
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1244 on: December 17, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »

Book outrages Tori's family
Release 'could potentially ruin the trial:' Dad

WOODSTOCK -- The twisting case of Victoria Stafford's killing took new turns yesterday, with one of the accused deciding to head straight to trial and the family of the girl furious over a book published long before justice is done.

"This book could potentially ruin the trial," an angry Rodney Stafford, Victoria's father, said yesterday.

"If it comes down to that, I'll snap."

With a Christmas bereft of his eight-year-old daughter looming, the timing of the book couldn't be any worse, Stafford said.

"It's getting really hard right now. Christmas was a big thing for Tori," Stafford said. "I am going to do everything I can to get this book out of here."

Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, declined comment.

The book's author, Dianna Holden, broke her media silence yesterday to say she meant no harm to the family.

"I didn't write this to personally attack anybody. I didn't want to re-open a wound."

Holden said she wrote the book to show how speculation fuelled by the media and the Internet complicated the case and may have led to the wrong people being behind bars.

The book, Convicted of Murder and Abduction Online: Based on the True Story of the Abduction and Murder of Victoria Stafford Canada's Angel, can be ordered or downloaded online.

"This is crazy," Holden said of a sudden onslaught of attention, much of it negative.

"I am really upset because people are judging the book without even knowing what the book is really about."

The book doesn't delve into details about the abduction as much as the online reaction, she said.

However, included in the book is a purported transcript of an interview with a police investigator, which Holden said casts doubt on the charges against two people.

"I think it (the book) may jog people's memories as to what happened. I believe there is more in this case," said Holden, a British Columbia resident who operates what she calls a people-finding agency.

One of the two accused, Terri-Lynne McClintic, 19, yesterday waived her right to a preliminary hearing on charges of kidnapping and murder.

Dressed in a striped sweater and blue pants, her hair pulled back in a ponytail, McClintic quietly said yes and nodded her head when asked several questions in a Woodstock courtroom heavy with police officers.

Two Stafford family members sat silently in the front row but declined comment afterward.

"She clearly has made it known by today's action she is ready to move forward," her lawyer, Jenine LeRoy, said outside court.

LeRoy wouldn't say why her client wants to move quickly to trial and brushed aside any speculation the move meant McClintic is working on a deal with prosecutors.

"There is no deal," LeRoy said.

McClintic is to appear in court in March to begin the process of setting dates for trial.

Co-accused Michael Rafferty, 28, is to appear via video in court tomorrow.

Victoria was abducted April 8 as she walked home from school in Woodstock, setting off a massive search.

McClintic and Michael Rafferty were charged with murder in May, about six weeks after Victoria went missing.

The girl's body was not found until July.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2009/12/17/12184216-sun.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1245 on: December 17, 2009, 10:28:26 AM »

Dianna Holden's new and mostly empty wedsite.  Someoen tell me she is not doing this.

http://www.worldwidelocaters.com/

WORLDWIDE PEOPLE LOCATERS                WORLDWIDE PEOPLE LOCATERS PUBLISHING

"FINDING PEOPLE WORLDWIDE"                                              "PAVING THE PATH FOR AUTHORS"

Electronic mail
General Information: customerservice@worldwidelocaters.com
Sales: sales@worldwidelocaters.com
Customer Support: customerservice@worldwidelocaters.com
Webmaster: admin@worldwidelocaters.com
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1246 on: December 17, 2009, 10:29:22 AM »

Dianna Holden Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/CanadianWebSleuth
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1247 on: December 17, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »

Dianna Holden (Davidson)

Dianna Holden 1983 graduate of Spruceland Elementary School in Prince george, BC

http://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.htm?regId=8708027505
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1248 on: December 17, 2009, 10:35:08 AM »

For or Against?
on FreeRangeKids from 31 weeks ago
After coming across your website I was surprised. I started to re-evalulate my own parenting. I myself did in actual fact grow up as a free range kid, that is during the 4 years I was raised with my family. I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old now. My eight year old has a cel phone, also is very wise and smart and educated when it comes to how to get help if alone, what to do in an emergency etc. I trust my eldest to be able to be on her own once in awhile. The only problem I have is this: In society today, if say something were to happen to my daughter and she does need help and is able to obtain it, Child Protective Services gets called because they all wonder what an 8 year old is doing without adult supervision. So how do you balance the amount of freedom that you give your child without the constant concern that some parent is going to call child protective services on you because say they dont like you? It is frustrating. Also I’m curious what people would think about 4 year olds being left alone in a Family Complex and the parents don’t watch their child, they don’t even check on the child. The complex is not gated. The complex I live in 3 & 4 year old are being left un attended. I think this is not Free Range I believe that this is a parent who just doesn’t want to take the time to deal with their child. I truly believe people coddle their children way too much ( I admit I have done it) But sometimes people do it because they are worried that others will call police or social services. I tried to give my two girls a little freedom the other day. They wanted to walk home from the store which I drove too. As I said previously my girls are 8 & 6. My eight year old looks like she is 11. Shes very tall for her age. I made the agreement that they could walk home however, I would follow them in the van. (the store was about 12 blocks or so. As I did I parked for a bit and let them walk and no sooner had they started walking a women across the street from me, started taking pictures of my children and looked like she was going to cross the street and ask my girls if they needed help. I got out of my van and told her that my children wanted to walk home, and that because of their ages I still had to supervise them so I had agreed they could walk but I had to watch them from a distance. The women said that they shouldnt be walking at all because they were too young. I thought this was crap because A) I was supervising my girls B) Who is she to tell me that I cant follow my own Children and C) Your damned if you supervise them and damned if you don’t. It is very frustrating. Exspecially when I was 9 myself my sister and I always rode our bikes. Heck when I was 9 my mom would give me a quarter to go to Mcdonalds to buy an Ice Cream cone, or she woudl send me to the store for butter and smokes for her. You dont see people calling child protection services on her at the time (mindya it did later on for other reasons). So how do you give your child the freedom when they are educated and are equiped wit hthe tools they need without having CPS called on you. I’d like to hear peoples responses. Dianna Holden From Canada

http://www.backtype.com/url/www.worldwidelocaters.com/comment/00005a85f8af9edf79c4cb0e54e29082
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1249 on: December 17, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »

Ex-girlfriend testifies at trial     
Written by Citizen Staff     
Thursday, 22 May 2008 

The trial for Danton Lamonte Chaboyer, 34, charged with aggravated assault, was adjourned Wednesday until June 4 to fix a date for continuation.
As the proceedings resumed Wednesday morning, the Crown called as a witness the ex-girlfriend of both the accused and Richard David McArthur, 42, the man paralyzed after an altercation June 3, 2007, near Esther's Inn from which the charge arose.
Dianna Holden, 34, now a resident of the Lower Mainland, said she was with Chaboyer from 2001 through Nov. 1, 2004, and there were two children from the relationship.
After the relationship with Chaboyer broke off with Chaboyer, McArthur was just a neighbour at first at her house in the central part of the city. But then they were closer between November 2004 and Oct. 2005, although she said she would not describe their relationship as quite to the level of boyfriend-girlfriend. They joined in a business venture, but that went sour and there was a court judgement in McArthur's favour, she said. Later she made a complaint about McArthur concerning stalking and harassment, court heard.
Holden told Crown counsel Chaboyer called her on June 3, 2007, between 5:30 and 5:45 p.m. "He said he'd got into an altercation with Richard McArthur and broken his neck" at the level of the C6/C7 vertebrae, Holden said.
Holden said her mother monitored part of the telephone conversation.
"He said they got into a fight at Esther's Inn and he'd put him in a chokehold," she said. "He said he did it on purpose." She went on to say, "He was wanting me back because he'd done away with Richard."
Holden said Chaboyer also contacted her more recently to try to persuade her not to testify in the trial.
Defence counsel Keith Jones questioned Holden closely. "You have an imagination," he said. "You fabricated all that to make yourself look important, didn't you?"
"That's not true," Holden firmly responded.
Jones said Chaboyer had called only about seeing the children. "You're lying," he told Holden.
"No, I'm not," she said.
The next Crown witness, Prince George Const. Bayani Cruz, said he arrived at the scene of the altercation June 3 at 1:35 p.m. and McArthur was in a vehicle.
At that point Chaboyer was trying to wake McArthur up by calling out his name, Const. Cruz said.
"He said his friend was very drunk, and his friend tried to fight him but he didn't fight back because he was very intoxicated," the officer said.
"I asked Mr. Chaboyer if he (McArthur) was OK," Const. Cruz continued. "There was no response. He was just breathing and there was some moaning."
A few minutes later, when Const. Cruz asked a fellow constable to arrest Chaboyer for assault, Chaboyer became verbally abusive with him
"He was very aggressive and very angry in a threatening manner -- verbally combative," Const. Cruz.
After the morning break in court proceedings, the Crown and defence agreed there should be an adjournment in the trial to allow typed transcripts to be provided for an expected medical expert witness to analyze along with medical evidence. Then such a witness could offer expert testimony about injuries sustained during the June 3 altercation and be cross-examined, court heard. Prince George provincial court judge Michael Gray granted the adjournment, which the judicial case manager later set for June 4.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/20080522132423/local/news/ex-girlfriend-testifies-at-trial.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1250 on: December 17, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »

roserandel

boycott Dianna Holden new book!! NEVER consulted Tori Stafford family prior to publishing. Rodney got wind of it and is livid RT

http://twitter.com/roserandel/statuses/6722235654
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1251 on: December 17, 2009, 10:51:51 AM »

In a nutshell Dianna Holden formerlly from Prince George, now from the Lower Mainland of BC has set up a website for world wide people locating and book publishing that has no content in it other than contact email addresses.  She has written a book about how the media and online community  has written a book which she claims is not about the case yet she has transcripts of ONE interview that she claims casts doubt on the charges against two people in jail and thinks the wrong people are behind bars.  Just WOW!  She is upset that she is getting negative spotlight and does not want to open the wounds for the family?  IMO this woman and her worldwide people finding agency/book publishing company is doing nothing other than hurting the trial right now and capitalizing on the death of a child to get publicity for the trash she has written.

I am posting the contact emails from her "company" again

General Information: customerservice@worldwidelocaters.com
Sales: sales@worldwidelocaters.com
Customer Support: customerservice@worldwidelocaters.com
Webmaster: admin@worldwidelocaters.com

Here is her domain registration

http://www.whois.net/whois/worldwidelocaters.com
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1252 on: December 22, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »

Preliminary hearing scheduled in Stafford murder case

WOODSTOCK, Ont. -- A preliminary hearing for one of two people charged with the abduction and first-degree murder of eight-year-old Victoria Stafford earlier this year is set to begin next June.

Michael Rafferty, 28, appeared in a Woodstock, Ont., courtroom Friday via video link.

He is expected to plead not guilty and will appear in court again on Feb. 17 to confirm the preliminary hearing dates of June 21 to July 13, a spokesman for the Ministry of the Attorney General confirmed.

Mr. Rafferty's co-accused, Terri-Lynne McClintic, waived her right to a preliminary hearing on Thursday, meaning she will go straight to trial.

Victoria went missing last April on her way home from school, prompting an extensive public and police search. Her remains were eventually found in a rural field just east of Mount Forest, Ont., in July.

Mr. Rafferty and Ms. McClintic were both arrested in May.They are being tried separately.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2359690
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1253 on: December 22, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »

Preliminary hearing dates set for Stafford accused
COURTS: The lawyer for Michael Rafferty says his client will plead not guilty; his co-accused has opted to go straight to trial

With key court dates now set, Southwestern Ontarians could know by summer what may become of two people charged in Victoria Stafford's slaying.

Michael Rafferty appeared via video in Woodstock court yesterday, when Crown Attorney Brian Crockett said a preliminary hearing for the 28-year-old -- charged with murder and kidnapping in the eight-year-old girl's death -- is slated for between June 21 and July 13, 2010.

"Mr. Rafferty is prepared to plead not guilty," said his lawyer, Laura Giordano of the Toronto firm Derstine Penman.

A preliminary hearing is held to determine if there's enough evidence to commit charges to trial.

Two days before Rafferty's brief video appearance from the Chatham jail yesterday, his co-accused, Terri-Lynne McClintic, 19, waived her right to a preliminary hearing, opting instead to go straight to trial.

She is to appear in court again in March to start the process of setting trial dates.

While McClintic lawyer Jeanine LeRoy hasn't said why her client wants to move quickly to trial, she made it clear outside court the teen is "ready to move forward" and has denied a deal with prosecutors is in the works.

"There is no deal," LeRoy said this week.

Victoria disappeared while walking to her Woodstock home from Oliver Stephens elementary school on April 8. That sparked a massive search that drew rapt attention from Canadians nationwide and even from some U.S. media outlets.

Her remains were found near Mount Forest on July 19 -- four days after what would have been her ninth birthday.

Giordano, Rafferty's lawyer, yesterday urged the public to remain open-minded as the case wends its way through the courts.

"I would ask the public to be patient," she said. "This will all come out at trial."

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2009/12/19/12210651-sun.html
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1254 on: January 21, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »

I thought this was an interesting article...

Psychic profiler launches national tour
Posted By TYLER KULA, THE *******
Posted 1 day ago

Local paranormal practitioner Robbie Thomas is heading on tour to showcase what he calls his psychic skills.

The Psychic Justice Tour begins March 7 at the Imperial Theatre in Sarnia and follows with Canadian dates in London, Mississauga and Niagara Falls.

"We're dedicating it to the victims of crime and their families and we're going to make awareness to families in every city of what's going on out there," he said. "And give them a behind the scenes look at what I do, which is criminal profiling."

Thomas said he helped investigators in the recent Victoria Stafford murder investigation in Woodstock, and has assisted investigations in Alabama, Kentucky, Oklahoma.

"We (psychic criminal pro-filers) are a valuable source and many of us do work with police," he said.

Stafford's father is participating in the London show on March 8, and may come to Sarnia, Thomas said.
Thomas will perform live readings, including one for a woman in Sarnia whose husband went missing in the late 1990s.

"People always want to know," Thomas said. "They're curious."

Thomas said he expects the tour will cover 30 dates and wrap up near the end of July.

Tickets are $45 , but he said a portion will be donated to the National Centre for Missing or Exploited Children.

Guest speakers from psychic and paranormal investigation television programs will join the tour at intervals along the way, Thomas said.

http://www.theobserver.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2268876
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1255 on: January 22, 2010, 12:41:02 AM »

Father, brother plan second ride
TORI STAFFORD: Rodney Stafford raised $50,000 for Child Find, cycling from Woodstock to Alberta last summer

This time, Rodney Stafford says, the ride will be easier.

"I'll have the wind at my back and it will be downhill all the way," he joked.

This time, Stafford will also have his son Daryn to help him on the long bicycle ride in memory of his daughter Tori.

Rodney Stafford cycled from Woodstock to Alberta last summer in memory of the eight-year-old girl, abducted and killed after leaving school one afternoon in April.

His 45-day journey, Kilometres for Kids, raised more than $50,000 for Child Find along the way.

The journey ended on Whistler's Mountain near Jasper, a mountain that Tori had once visited.

On the top of the mountain, Stafford shouted out, "I love you Chubs!" his nickname for Tori, and released a purple balloon in her honour.

Kilometres for Kids 2 -- A Sibling's Story -- will start on that same mountaintop June 20, Father's Day, Stafford said.

The journey will raise money for Child Find again, and this time give Daryn a chance to honour his beloved sister, Stafford said.

Tori, 8, was abducted after school April 8 in Woodstock.

Police and volunteers searched for the Grade 3 pupil for weeks but the arrests in May of Terri-Lynne McClintic and Michael Thomas Rafferty for abduction and murder dashed the hopes of finding the girl alive.

Her remains were discovered July 20.

On Aug. 5, only days after a private service to say goodbye to his daughter, Rodney Stafford left Woodstock on a bicycle for Edmonton, with a shoe-string budget and help from a couple of friends.

Along the way, strangers offered their help, set up fundraisers and contacted local media for coverage.

This time, a Facebook page has been set up to help organize fundraising events in cities beforehand.

Visit Kilometres for Kids 2 "A Sibling Story" on Facebook for more information.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/01/21/12566086.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1256 on: March 25, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »

Bike used by Tori Stafford dad to ride to Alta., sold at auction for Child Find

WOODSTOCK, Ont. - The bicycle the father of murdered Grade 3 student Tori Stafford used to ride across much of Canada is again helping raise money for Child Find.

Rodney Stafford cycled 3,500 kilometres from Woodstock, Ont., to Edmonton last year after the death of his eight-year-old daughter.

Her body was found in a remote area north of Guelph and two people are awaiting trial on murder and kidnapping charges.

Stafford raised thousands of dollars for Child Find Ontario during his ride and the bike has been auctioned for $2,000.

Child Find assistant director Terry Smith says the buyer will put the bike up for auction again in May to raise more cash.

Smith says the proceeds will be divided among the provinces Stafford cycled through - Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.

Stafford says the idea is to provide Child Find with a constant income from the bike.

Stafford plans a second trip bike ride in June with his son, Daryn, from Edmonton to Woodstock to raise more money for the organization.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/bike-used-by-tori-stafford-dad-to-ride-to-alta-sold-at-auction-for-child-find-87717467.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1257 on: March 25, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »

Tori's parents want answers (video)

Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford are ready to hear some answers.

The parents of Victoria Stafford said Friday morning they want the trials of the two people charged with their daughter's murder to start soon.

After a brief court proceeding concerning Terri-Lynne McClintic, the woman accused of the murder, Victoria's parents talked about the agonizing wait for the two trials.

"It's to the point that we're both ready for it, I think," Rodney Stafford said. It's important to find out a little bit of what is going on," he said.

"It's almost a year later and we still don't know anything more than we knew, what, 29 days after she disappeared."

McClintic, 19, was not present Friday and was represented in Superior Court by her lawyer, Jeanine LeRoy.

McClintic is charged with the confinement and the first-degree murder of Victoria 'Tori" Stafford, 8.

The girl disappeared on April 8 last year while walking home after school, sparking a massive ground and air search. McClintic and her former boyfriend Michael Rafferty were both charged with first-degree murder in May.

LeRoy and assistant Crown attorney Geoff Beasley agreed to have the case adjourned to April 16 at 9:30 a.m.

McDonald, speaking for the first time publicly since her daughter's remains were found last July, said she came to court for the first time Friday to get a feel for what the process will be like.

"It's more trying to prepare ourselves for what is ahead of us," she said. "We want to get use to the courtroom setting, having to see them in person or by video camera."

McDonald said her decision to get out of the public eye was made to protect the couple's son Daryn.

McDonald said she is unsure if the trials will happen in Woodstock.

"This is where it happened, and I think they would have a hard time finding an unbiased jury here," she said.

Rodney Stafford, on the other hand, is hopeful the trials will be at the Oxford County courthouse.

"Tori was taken from Woodstock. It should happen in Woodstock. Woodstock people need to know," he said.

http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2491968
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1258 on: March 25, 2010, 12:39:24 PM »

Tori Stafford's mother breaks her silence

The mother of Victoria (Tori) Stafford broke her eight-month silence and made a surprise appearance Friday at a court hearing for the woman accused of killing her little girl.

"I just have decided it is time to start coming and prepare for the trials ahead," Tara McDonald said.

"It's going to be tough. It's going to take a lot of strength."

But in her typical fiery fashion, McDonald also had a warning for any lawyers hoping to strike a deal for either accused.

"I will raise hell. I will round up as many people as I can to raise hell. What kind of deal did my daughter get?"

Tori, 8, was abducted April 8 while walking home from school in Woodstock. Her body was found in July.

Charged with her abduction and murder are Terri-Lynne McClintic and Michael Rafferty.

McClintic has waived her right to a preliminary trial, raising suspicions -- rejected by her lawyer -- there is a deal in the works.

McDonald said Friday she wants video appearances by McClintic and Rafferty before being in the same room with them.

"So we can have our chance to look at them and not have them looking at us," she explained.

But Tori's father Rodney Stafford has been to several hearings already and told reporters Friday he's tired of seeing the accused only by video.

http://www.theobserver.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2490454
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1259 on: March 25, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »

Thank you NorRose for bringing an update on this case. It will forever break my heart how this little girl was used the way she was by these monsters. I can't get out of my head his comment made on his, I think myspace, "good things are coming my way". Dirty SOB and his girlfriend for bringing such an innocent and beautiful child to him. In that video we saw with Tori walking with this woman there is a slight hesitation, I can see she was not quite sure what to do, but this woman convinced her. She deserves life in prison the same as the man.
I will pray for Tara that she gets through this trial without attacking the 2 people. She reminds me of myself and I know I would have more then a difficult time sitting in the same room as the people who killed my child. They would need to have me in a straight jacket and chained to my chair! In away I hope she does lose it a bit and gets at least one good punch in, I think she deserves that j/k sort of. 

Continued prayers for you sweet angel, RIP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.