April 30, 2024, 09:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370132 times)
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2009, 03:01:45 AM »

Anything new going on here? Does anyone know if they questioned the moms friend Sarah that was posted about? Is this girl related to the moms boyfriend? I think they look alike.

I am hoping they find this little girl soon. Praying for you Tori!
I didn't watch today's Tara 1 o'clock press conference.
Saturday is the big bike rally/bbq/concert.
Pretty much praying for a miracle she magically appears.
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2009, 03:23:32 AM »

Ok I found the presser from today:
http://www.mogulus.com/lfpress

I was a bit stunned at the end when Tara turned and walked away after Rodney gave a personal plea to Tori that they loved her and will get her back.
I wish she would stop wearing a white coat. It's taunting and weird.

To see the feed, click on the 'on demand' button at the bottom then click on May. It will take you to the clip.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2009, 11:02:17 AM »

watched the video...
maybe Tara was emotional at that moment at the end? dunno..hard to read her at times....

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2009, 01:17:21 PM »

thanks for posting the press conference. I watched  a part of it. I hope this couple gets their little girl back soon!

I wanted to add, if that is the coat that has everyone concerned, i don't think it is the same one. The coat the mom was wearing is a lot longer and has a completly different cut then the one in the released showing a woman taking tori.
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2009, 03:33:09 AM »

watched the video...
maybe Tara was emotional at that moment at the end? dunno..hard to read her at times....

Very well could be under the circumstances. Just never saw her do that in any media coverage.
The reports had asked her a few times what she would say to Tori or speak directly to her and all she's offered up was a three page letter for Tori to read when she gets back.
So the direct words to Tori by Rodney were the first given in the media. May have hit a sore spot.
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2009, 03:37:35 AM »

I wanted to add, if that is the coat that has everyone concerned, i don't think it is the same one. The coat the mom was wearing is a lot longer and has a completly different cut then the one in the released showing a woman taking tori.
No it is not the same white coat. Tara's was taken by the police.
Maybe it's just me but I find it a bit grating considering the description of the woman in the video and sketch that Tara would repeatedly wear one.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2009, 01:32:43 PM »

Maybe it's just me but I find it a bit grating considering the description of the woman in the video and sketch that Tara would repeatedly wear one.

I think they need to look into the moms best friend Sarah. She looks like the sketch and she would be trusted by the girl and the mom for that matter. I just don't get the feeling the mom has anything to do with this, I could be way off, but I just don't think so.
I hope I don't offend anyone but I must say, I find it is concerning the parents are put under such a microscope by the public for what they say, how they act, if they seem sad enough etc...Not only are MOST parents living through the worse thing to ever happen to them, they have to defend themselves. Again, I dont know enough about this case to say either way, I just don't get the feeling the mom did this.

So is there anything new in this case? Uggg it is so frustrating when these kids just vanish! Where do they go? 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »

Tracy...I think in my opinion that the Susan Smiths of the world who have murdered their own children and then come on tv, get the public's sympathy, only to find out that she was lying to all of us...has soured the public rightly or wrongly...and made people cautious to believe them just because they are the parents if you get my drift....
it seems that the public is not giving a free pass to parents of missing children until they are proven innocent  because we have seen way too many cases where the parents were responsible for their children's deaths...jmo..doesn't make it right, but it might be human nature to be doubtful after all that has transpired in different cases...

victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »

I think they need to look into the moms best friend Sarah. She looks like the sketch and she would be trusted by the girl and the mom for that matter. I just don't get the feeling the mom has anything to do with this, I could be way off, but I just don't think so.
I hope I don't offend anyone but I must say, I find it is concerning the parents are put under such a microscope by the public for what they say, how they act, if they seem sad enough etc...Not only are MOST parents living through the worse thing to ever happen to them, they have to defend themselves. Again, I dont know enough about this case to say either way, I just don't get the feeling the mom did this.

So is there anything new in this case? Uggg it is so frustrating when these kids just vanish! Where do they go? 
There is also another woman who matches the sketch. She was at one of the vigils:
http://crimesearchersonline.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Who-Are-You-.html&Itemid=9

I am not one to normally scrutinize anyone in distress. Far from it. I am feeling this way after following this case from the day Tori went missing.
I do not get this 'hinky' feeling from Rodney the father nor his sister.
Even if Tara has nothing to do with Tori's disappearance, it has been bizarre none the less. Even the press are suspect and fed up with the circus.
Why less than a week after she disappeared was fundraising going on? And a trust fund for the kids education? So much so that the fathers' side of the family has made it clear they do not want any money, and please donate to Child Find etc.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2009, 02:48:24 PM »

TY Victoria, I'm going to bring it over...

http://crimesearchersonline.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Who-Are-You-.html&Itemid=9

Apr 29
2009 Who Are You?
Posted by Charlie in Woodstock. Ontario, Victoria Stafford, Tori, missing persons abducted, composite sketch

Oxford Police say there was a witness to Victoria Stafford's abduction. They created a composite sketch of the unidentified woman. She is described as in her 20's, 120-125 pounds, wearing a white coat and black jeans with long black hair. 

The composite sketch released by police is being compared to this woman below who attended a vigil for Tori in a Zellers parking lot.

Must say I have not visited Woodstock, Ontario. Maybe folks look a-like in that small community but I sure do hope the Oxford police checked this woman out?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2009, 04:12:24 PM »

was that sketch taken from that photo? otherwise they look very much alike I think...
surely this woman will see herself somewhere on the net and come forward and take the focus off of herself wouldn't you think?

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2009, 06:44:59 PM »

TY Victoria, I'm going to bring it over...

Apr 29
2009 Who Are You?
Posted by Charlie in Woodstock. Ontario, Victoria Stafford, Tori, missing persons abducted, composite sketch

Oxford Police say there was a witness to Victoria Stafford's abduction. They created a composite sketch of the unidentified woman. She is described as in her 20's, 120-125 pounds, wearing a white coat and black jeans with long black hair. 

The composite sketch released by police is being compared to this woman below who attended a vigil for Tori in a Zellers parking lot.

Must say I have not visited Woodstock, Ontario. Maybe folks look a-like in that small community but I sure do hope the Oxford police checked this woman out?

I'm stunned by the likeness of the woman @ the vigil to the composite. 
I wonder who the man is to the right of her?

Thanks to everyone for the links.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2009, 07:36:07 PM »

That sketch is so vague it would match a bazillion people.
jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2009, 07:37:11 PM »

But, I agree the woman in the crowd looks like the sketch.
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2009, 01:58:09 AM »

was that sketch taken from that photo? otherwise they look very much alike I think...
surely this woman will see herself somewhere on the net and come forward and take the focus off of herself wouldn't you think?
If memory serves me correctly, the sketch came from an eyewitness who was afraid to go public.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2009, 10:29:06 AM »

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/05/05/9350976-sun.html

Mystery driver a clue?

Tue, May 5, 2009

TORI STAFFORD CASE: A mid-sized, dark-coloured station wagon was in the neighbourhood when the child was abducted

Police yesterday released video and still photographs from a surveillance camera showing this mystery vehicle. They say its driver could be a valuable witness. 

WOODSTOCK -- A mystery vehicle and potential new witness, a twist in the abductor's route and the desperate attempts to nail down the abductor's name marked Day 27 since Victoria (Tori) Stafford vanished.

Police investigating the disappearance of the eight-year-old yesterday released a video and still photographs from a surveillance camera, showing a vehicle whose driver may have seen the abduction.

Police also revealed yesterday the abductor -- an unknown woman -- and Tori crossed a street and headed into the parking lot of a nursing home before disappearing.

Meanwhile, Tori's parents said yesterday police are still trying to match names to the abductor's composite sketch.

Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, said she hasn't recognized any of the five or six names police have presented to her, but the girl's father, Rodney Stafford, said he has.

The latest developments came after a weekend of highs and lows -- including a motorcycle rally that spread word about the abduction and a battle over a Facebook group that implicated McDonald.

The video released yesterday was taken from the same surveillance camera on a nearby high school that caught Tori walking north on Fyfe Avenue with the woman after school April 8. It was the last time Tori was seen.

The video shows a small to mid-sized, dark-coloured station wagon.

The station wagon has a wheel base of about 262 cm and was heading north on Fyfe after Tori was seen.

"The make and model have not been identified at this time," Const. Laurie-Anne Maitland of Oxford Community police said.

"Investigators are hopeful someone may recognize the vehicle. The driver is believed to potentially be a valuable witness," she said. "The police would like to speak to this person."

The release of the tape was postponed as police tried to enhance the images, she said.

"This can't be considered a suspect vehicle. It was one of many vehicles that were in the videotape. It is a very busy spot, especially after school on any day of the week."

The other vehicles in the video have been identified, she said.

Through the tape, investigators also determined Tori and the woman, seen walking north on the west side of Fyfe, crossed to the east side and into the north parking lot of the Caressant Care Nursing and Retirement Home.

The nursing home has a video camera pointing to the parking lot and intersection of Fyfe and Walter Street, but a supervisor there wouldn't say if police had taken tape from that camera as well.

Walter Street runs at right angles to Fyfe, and leads to a walkway that connects to Highway 59 -- one of the key routes in and out of Woodstock.

McDonald said yesterday police tell her little about the investigation but are still looking for that woman.

"Sometimes they throw a few names out at me here and there to see if I know these people or if I think there is a person who matches the description," McDonald said.

"They weren't anybody we recognized."

Most of the names were of local people, she said.

"I've lived here my whole life. If I know a person, I know a person.

Police have provided names of both men and women, she said.

Her ex-husband, Stafford, said some of the names sound familiar.

"There's the odd time they say a name that I recognize. Any name I hear they provide surprises me because I don't want to believe it is anybody I know."

Stafford said he had Facebook take down a social networking group implicating his ex-wife.

"This guy is insinuating my daughter is dead and he's making false accusations against Tara (McDonald)."

Police are still searching the landfill, going door to door and urging farmers to keep an eye out for anything unusual their fields, Maitland said.

Dianne Leard, a friend of Tara McDonald's family, posts a missing persons sign of Tori Stafford on a utility pole on Parkinson Road in Woodstock yesterday. Leard replaced signs damaged by the recent rainfall.

Link to Video: http://video.lfpress.ca/video/featured/police-release-new-video-related-to-stafford-case/22071587001

victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2009, 01:39:09 PM »

Through the tape, investigators also determined Tori and the woman, seen walking north on the west side of Fyfe, crossed to the east side and into the north parking lot of the Caressant Care Nursing and Retirement Home.

The nursing home has a video camera pointing to the parking lot and intersection of Fyfe and Walter Street, but a supervisor there wouldn't say if police had taken tape from that camera as well.

I think this is an important piece as Tara apparently visited her 'father' that afternoon in Caressant. 
I'm a bit baffled at the family tree though. She was calling a man 'dad' during a presser, and her step-dad died recently; so not sure who she visited in the nursing home. 
I need to confirm if Rodney said he didn't know who was in the nursing home.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2009, 01:42:12 PM »

I think this is an important piece as Tara apparently visited her 'father' that afternoon in Caressant. 
I'm a bit baffled at the family tree though. She was calling a man 'dad' during a presser, and her step-dad died recently; so not sure who she visited in the nursing home. 

hmmmm...interesting...

victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2009, 05:40:34 AM »

hmmmm...interesting...
My apologies. The mix-up is this would be Tara's grandfather not father.
This is still an important piece as there is a second video camera, but no information released.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »

Police sifting through almost 2,600 tips in search for Tori Stafford

The Canadian Press Woodstock, Ont.  | Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 8:15 am Woodstock, Ont. - Police in Woodstock, Ont., said they have been getting many tips since the release of a new video of a car in relation to the Tori Stafford abduction.

The eight-year-old girl has been missing now since April 8.

Oxford Community Police have said the driver of a dark station wagon seen in the video may be a key witness in the abduction.

Const. Laurie-Anne Maitland said police have so far received 2,568 tips in the case, and counting.

Police went door-to-door on streets surrounding Tori's house Tuesday conducting more interviews, but Maitland wouldn't say why.

Meanwhile, Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, cancelled her daily news briefing outside her home Tuesday. Her ex-husband, Rodney Stafford, emerged instead and said McDonald had been up all night because of "some pretty bad dreams."

http://www.680news.com/news/headlines/more.jsp?content=20090506_081449_420

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.