April 30, 2024, 06:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370091 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1540 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:41 PM »

Form Homolka to McClintic: What we know about women who aid their mates in rape and murder.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopinion/article/1178416--form-homolka-to-mcclintic-what-we-know-about-women-who-aid-their-mates-in-rape-and-murder
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1541 on: May 14, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »

Candlelight vigil for Tori Stafford to be held in Woodstock Saturday

A candlelight vigil for Victoria Stafford will be held this coming Saturday evening in Woodstock, with hundreds of people expected to attend.

The London Free Press reported that organizers said one final goodbye to the 8-year-old murder victim is appropriate now that justice has been served.

::snipping2::

http://www.680news.com/news/national/article/362641--candlelight-vigil-for-tori-stafford-to-be-held-in-woodstock-saturday
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1542 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:24 PM »

Does Rafferty deserve the death penalty?

TORONTO - Was the life sentence imposed on Michael Rafferty late Friday harsh enough?

It costs nearly $114,000 per year to keep an offender like Rafferty in prison.

A random sampling of opinion outside the courthouse at 361 University Ave. showed that some feel the death penalty is warranted for Tori Stafford’s killer.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/14/does-rafferty-deserve-the-death-penalty
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1543 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:51 PM »

Rafferty jury got it right

Re: Guilty, Guilty, Guilty, May 12

Yes, Michael Rafferty is guilty on all counts of kidnapping, raping and murdering 8-year-old Tori Stafford. Those of us who have followed the case and have heard the harrowing details of Tori’s last pain-filled moments in this world have understandably rejoice over the verdict.

Evil? Certainly. Savage and depraved? Yes. Such is all that Michael Rafferty has done to the helpless 8-year-old child.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/letters/article/1178369--rafferty-jury-got-it-right
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1544 on: May 14, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »

Tori's school family asks for privacy

The Thames Valley District School Board has issued a second request to the media to leave alone the school family of Tori Stafford.

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.com/2012/05/14/toris-school-family-asks-for-privacy
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1545 on: May 15, 2012, 11:26:20 AM »

Tori Stafford's family describes loss at Rafferty sentencing  (with video)

The mother of Victoria (Tori) Stafford told a sentencing hearing in London, Ont., today for the man convicted in the 2009 murder of her eight-year-old daughter that she has been through a lifetime of pain in the past three years.

Tara McDonald said at Michael Rafferty's sentencing hearing that her life, and the lives of her family, were destroyed the day Tori disappeared.

"But Victoria wouldn't want us to be miserable forever, so for her we will pick up the pieces and put together our lives as best as we can," she said. "No amount of time or tears will ever bring her back to me."

McDonald said her son, Daryn, who usually walked his younger sister Tori home from school, still feels guilty about not doing so on April 8, 2009. McDonald also said she has to deal with whispers from people who think she had something to do with her daughter's disappearance.

She said she will never get a chance to see Tori at her graduation, prom or wedding. It has all been replaced by anniversaries — the day she went missing, the day she was found.

McDonald is among family members speaking at the sentencing hearing of Rafferty, 31. Tori's grandmother and father, Rodney Stafford, also spoke about how they have been affected by the murder of the Grade 3 student, whose body was found in Mount Forest, 100 kilometres north of Woodstock.

Courtroom overflows
Rodney Stafford told the hearing there are no words to express his feelings and that he often wants to explode with rage. Cheers could be heard in the overflow room as Stafford referred to the "piece of shit" who stole Tori.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/05/14/sentencing-hearing-michael-rafferty-tori-stafford.html

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1546 on: May 15, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »

Victim impact statement from Tori’s brother brings Rafferty to tears

When eight-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford was abducted and murdered, her older brother lost not only a sister, but his best friend, he wrote in a victim impact statement read at the sentencing of a man convicted in her death.

Daryn Stafford was 11 years old when Michael Rafferty and Terri-Lynne McClintic abducted Tori. Since then, he has been afraid to be alone or to walk down the street, he wrote in a statement read out by a prosecutor.

“There were no hugs, no ‘see you later’, no goodbyes, just a part of your heart ripped out,” he wrote. “My sister was the only person I had to talk to.”

Nine members of the jury have returned to the courtroom to watch the sentencing. Dozens of members of the public have also turned out, but they have been turned away from the main courtroom because of the large number of family and media present.

Daryn wrote that his family has been torn apart, that his mother is an addict and that his divorced parents have never gotten along.

“It’s like the world is playing a sick trick on me,” he wrote. “But it’s not. This is reality.”

Daryn wrote that he references panic attacks.

“I can’t even talk to someone and know whether they like me for me or because they feel sorry for me,” he wrote.

As Daryn’s words were read out, Mr. Rafferty cried.

He sat stone-faced through seven other impact statements, including those from Tori’s mother, Tara McDonald, and father Rodney Stafford.

Mr. Stafford, who sat in the witness box and read the statement himself, said the crime made him realize “that evil does exist.” He concluded it with a brief admonishment of Mr. Rafferty as he referenced the day his daughter was killed: “[She was] stolen from us by you, you piece of shit.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/victim-impact-statement-from-toris-brother-brings-rafferty-to-tears/article2433161/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1547 on: May 15, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »

Huge crowd turns out to watch Michael Rafferty’s sentencing for murder of Tori Stafford

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/15/huge-crowd-turns-out-to-watch-michael-raffertys-sentencing-for-murder-of-tori-stafford/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1548 on: May 15, 2012, 11:34:23 AM »

Tori Stafford's family describes 'excruciating heartbreak and pain' in victim impact statements

LONDON, Ont. – A London courtroom was filled with grieving and tearful members of Tori Stafford’s family as they were forced to recount the horrific memories of the day Tori disappeared, and the three years of “excruciating heartbreak and pain.”

“There is not a person out there whose heart does not break when they hear the pain this little girl had to endure,” Tara McDonald, Tori's mother, said as she began the opening statements.

The statements from Tori’s family painted a portrait of a broken down, fractured family that, while never reaching the ideal, has been left fractured, confused, and helpless as they try to deal with “the realization that evil exists.”

“My faith in the inherent goodness of human beings has been obliterated,” one of Tori’s aunts, Rebecca Nichols said.

http://www.globalregina.com/tori+staffords+family+describes+excruciating+heartbreak+and+pain+in+victim+impact+statements/6442641032/story.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1549 on: May 15, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »

Rafferty proclaims innocence following victim impact statements

He later addressed court to proclaim his innocence.

"I am guilty of many things, and for that I am ashamed," he said, before saying he was not guilty of the crimes of which he was convicted. "Nobody has all the pieces of the puzzle."

Mr. Justice Thomas Heeney, however, was unmoved by Mr. Rafferty's speech. "There can be no doubt that the jury got it right," he said.

He ordered Mr. Rafferty to stand up and admonished him.

"You have snuffed out the life of a vivacious, talented little girl," he said. "And for what? So you could gratify your twisted desire to have sex with a child. Only a monster could commit such an act of evil. You, sir, are a monster."

First-degree murder carries an automatic life sentence with no chance to apply for parole for 25 years. Judge Heeney must sentence him on the other counts.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/rafferty-proclaims-innocence-following-victim-impact-statements-from-toris-family/article2433161/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2433161
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1550 on: May 15, 2012, 11:39:15 AM »

CP24 is saying Rafferty is eligible for parole on May 19, 2034
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1551 on: May 15, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »

When Rafferty spoke in court he asked to speak to Tori's mom Tara privately so he could give her the missing pieces of the puzzle.  No link, on CP24 live.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1552 on: May 15, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/Snitchlady
Edit to add url tags.  Needed hyperlink.  MB

QUOTE OF THE DAY: Daryn #Stafford says #Tori: "my baby sister was taken from me, and that's something I can't buy at a store to replace" Parents, please talk to your children OVER and OVER about STRANGERS! This is a lesson for us all.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:14:18 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1553 on: May 15, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »

After being found guilty of such an evil, heinous crime of taking the life of an innocent little girl, Rafferty should never, ever be released.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1554 on: May 15, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »

When Rafferty spoke in court he asked to speak to Tori's mom Tara privately so he could give her the missing pieces of the puzzle.  No link, on CP24 live.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1555 on: May 15, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »

Tori Stafford trial: Victim impact statements describe heartache while Rafferty maintains innocence

LONDON, ONT. — A tearful Michael Rafferty told Tori Stafford’s family that he is “very, very sorry” for what happened to their little girl but reiterated that he stands behind his plea of not guilty.

“I still disagree with the conviction on these three charges ... I am guilty of many crimes and many things I am very, very ashamed of,” said Rafferty.

“I am truly sorry to all the family... not that has any bearing coming from my mouth.”

Rafferty took most of those present in the courtroom by shock when Justice Thomas Heeney asked him if he had anything to say and Rafferty stood up and said yes. He then addressed Tara McDonald, Tori’s mother directly and said: “Nobody has all the pieces of the puzzle and I am willing to give them.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1178675--tori-stafford-trial-victim-impact-statements-describe-heartache-while-rafferty-maintains-innocence?bn=1
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1556 on: May 15, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

After being found guilty of such an evil, heinous crime of taking the life of an innocent little girl, Rafferty should never, ever be released.  JMHO

Unfortunately a sentence of life is not really life up here, it is only 25 years and then you can go in front of the parole board and possibly get released.  The other two convictions really mean nothing when it comes to time in jail as the max you can get is life.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1557 on: May 15, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »

Michael Rafferty sentenced
The 31-year-old sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years

LONDON, ON (NEWS1130) - Tori Stafford's family had their chance to face Michael Rafferty in a London courtroom today.

Her mother, father, aunts and uncles and other relatives spent time last week preparing statements to read in court in front of Rafferty so they can describe the pain he has caused.

The 8-year-old's mother, Tara McDonald was first to read, saying her entire life was destroyed the day her little girl was killed.

Rodney Stafford, Tori's dad, spoke about the impact this has had on his son Darryn, saying he sees the void in all his family members eyes.

Darryn said he feels alone with no more fun times and no more 'I love you's.'

Tori's uncle Robert told Rafferty,"Your time is just beginning

http://www.news1130.com/news/national/article/362927--michael-rafferty-sentenced
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1558 on: May 15, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »

Rafferty spoke after listening to emotional statements by Tori's family.

He said that while he is "very definitely part of why Victoria's not here today," he stands "firmly behind" his not-guilty plea.

Crown attorney Stephanie Venne read Daryn's statement for him in court, and Rafferty wept as he heard Daryn's words about his fractured family and how he is lost without his baby sister.

One of the questions on the form on which victims use for their statements asks "was anything taken from you?"

"It's obviously asking about property, but something was taken from me," Daryn wrote.

"My baby sister was taken from me and that's not something I can go buy in a store and replace."

Daryn said there are no words to describe the impact of his sister's loss on him, but his statement described the empty spot in his life without Tori, his best friend.

"No hugs, no see you later, no goodbyes, just a part of my heart ripped out," he wrote.

"Not one person can say they feel the same way as me. My sister was the only person I had to talk to. Someone that felt what I felt, cried when I cried, laughed when I laughed and now I feel alone, like the world is playing a sick trick on me, but it's not. This is my reality. No more fun times, just old memories. No more I love you's, just an empty spot in my heart."

http://www.canada.com/news/Tori+Stafford+trial+Michael+Rafferty+cries+Tori+Stafford+family+speaks/6624080/story.html
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1559 on: May 15, 2012, 12:37:28 PM »

Rafferty spoke after listening to emotional statements by Tori's family.

He said that while he is "very definitely part of why Victoria's not here today," he stands "firmly behind" his not-guilty plea.

Crown attorney Stephanie Venne read Daryn's statement for him in court, and Rafferty wept as he heard Daryn's words about his fractured family and how he is lost without his baby sister.

One of the questions on the form on which victims use for their statements asks "was anything taken from you?"

"It's obviously asking about property, but something was taken from me," Daryn wrote.

"My baby sister was taken from me and that's not something I can go buy in a store and replace."

Daryn said there are no words to describe the impact of his sister's loss on him, but his statement described the empty spot in his life without Tori, his best friend.

"No hugs, no see you later, no goodbyes, just a part of my heart ripped out," he wrote.

"Not one person can say they feel the same way as me. My sister was the only person I had to talk to. Someone that felt what I felt, cried when I cried, laughed when I laughed and now I feel alone, like the world is playing a sick trick on me, but it's not. This is my reality. No more fun times, just old memories. No more I love you's, just an empty spot in my heart."

http://www.canada.com/news/Tori+Stafford+trial+Michael+Rafferty+cries+Tori+Stafford+family+speaks/6624080/story.html
What pain is evident in Daryn's words.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.