April 30, 2024, 10:00:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370138 times)
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2009, 02:42:30 AM »

I don't have the articles at my fingertips, but since her family members were searched in Alberta; the search for Tori has reached there.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2009, 12:01:21 PM »

This is yet another SAD  case " Tori " missing. I pray they Find Her.
I was looking at the video of Tori and Women suspect.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h65X3YBpfy4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/h65X3YBpfy4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1</a>

In the video as you watch the body language of the " Woman" she looks to me as she is conveying " You Remember Me " and quiet possibly knew Tori's name.
Because as you watch the Woman she is talking and turning her body towards Tori and then away. And her steps quicken as if she is creating Urgency that Tori picks up her pace to keep up with the Woman. What was it that this Woman said to Tori for her to follow her " million dollar question".

I went to a website that offers information on Tori's school. And it says that they have programs that use " volunteers" and as well have events that they Cross Grades within the Students.

https://apps.tvdsb.on.ca/employees/profile/profile.asp?schoolcode=1485

I am wondering if this Woman was in High School at a point and time that Tori attended her school. And they have crossed paths that Tori would recognize her ~ and that the Woman would know Tori by name.

The Woman is short. In the video (0:15) as she walks past the Man - her head is level his shoulder. Then the boy walks up to the Man and he too -is about the same size once the Boy stands up straight. Boy's head is just below the Mans Shoulder.  This Woman is not much taller than the Boy. ** Has anyone found the Man and Boy in this video?

Her attire appears to be of a younger person. I can't tell what the Black stripe is on the Coat of the Woman.. at one point it looks to be straight across then it appears to be across her back " like a strap" of some sort of carrying case. But it would be a very wide strap if that was the case. Then I think is she wearing a Coat or is she wearing a Puffy Vest. Some Vests have a Stripe on them. And or its not a puffy at all but a Coat used in Ski, Snowboarding etc.. those coats seem to have slices of color upon them. Hmm.
Perplexed  .

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2009, 03:56:01 PM »

Deenie, I agree with your observations of the woman, it does seem as though she is convincing her from her body language.

I went the link on the school site. I found this of interest.

snipped on section about volunteers.

Volunteers at the school

Numerous parents provide reading to our students as part of our literacy program. Parents volunteer to help on trips, driving teams and in the library. They man the school safety patrol and sit on school committees such as, the Safe School.  They are involved in food days, helping with fundraising . We also have secondary school students who help out with numerous activities.

It seems like this school rely's heavily on parent/volunteer participation. I wonder if they do backround checks on these people? I am fighting at my childrens school they at least do this.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2009, 04:51:30 PM »

What type of school is this, it is your normal everyday, public school in Canada? I am not familiar with schools in canada but this seems to be very focused on behavioral and social issues as well as inclusion. They have two programs which seem to be important models for the school. One is Kids on Track http://www.kids-on-track.org/index.php?pr=All_About_Us
The other is Roots of Empathy http://www.kids-on-track.org/index.php?pr=All_About_Us

Roots of Empathy is a new one to me. In my opion, it seems to be a very unconventional teaching structure. I watched a video on it  and I have to say, it is not something I consider vital to learning, but I am a bit more logical then emotional.

Kids on Track? I am not quite sure if this is maybe an afterschool club that certain kids would participate in or if every child in school does.

Any opinions? I wonder if the police have looked into this.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2009, 04:57:08 PM »

Deenie, I agree with your observations of the woman, it does seem as though she is convincing her from her body language.

I went the link on the school site. I found this of interest.

snipped on section about volunteers.

Volunteers at the school

Numerous parents provide reading to our students as part of our literacy program. Parents volunteer to help on trips, driving teams and in the library. They man the school safety patrol and sit on school committees such as, the Safe School.  They are involved in food days, helping with fundraising . We also have secondary school students who help out with numerous activities.

It seems like this school rely's heavily on parent/volunteer participation. I wonder if they do backround checks on these people? I am fighting at my childrens school they at least do this.

TG I swear the Body Language of this "Woman" towards TORI is " You Remember Me Don't YOU, and Tori Did remember Her" - I cannot see nor fathom that this Woman was a Total Stranger to Tori. From all the Photo's I have seen of Tori herself she seems to be a more mature 3rd grader. The way she uses Bandanna's and her clothes she almost looks preteenish in her photo's. Not in a Teen way like trying to be a Teen. I don't want that to come across wrong. I mean Tori seems to be " creative and earthy more so than the ave 8 yr old" and I mean that in a positive way. That maybe Tori stood out even from the rest of the girls in her class. She is def a Beautiful little girl. She has a memorable face and that is why I think that there has to be some correlation within the School. That this person knew exactly what time Tori got out of school, knew her path to walk home etc.. And Knew Tori's name. And has met Tori before.
I can't see that this little girl would Willfully GO with a Stranger outside her School.
It does not make any sense. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »

What type of school is this, it is your normal everyday, public school in Canada? I am not familiar with schools in canada but this seems to be very focused on behavioral and social issues as well as inclusion. They have two programs which seem to be important models for the school. One is Kids on Track http://www.kids-on-track.org/index.php?pr=All_About_Us
The other is Roots of Empathy http://www.kids-on-track.org/index.php?pr=All_About_Us

Roots of Empathy is a new one to me. In my opion, it seems to be a very unconventional teaching structure. I watched a video on it  and I have to say, it is not something I consider vital to learning, but I am a bit more logical then emotional.

Kids on Track? I am not quite sure if this is maybe an afterschool club that certain kids would participate in or if every child in school does.

I emailed Tori's Dad on Facebook with the link of the school and offered my Thoughts to him. I am sure he gets 100's of emails. I did tell him too that I was a Member of Scared Monkeys and that we have a Forum for Tori started. That we Would Do our Best to Aid in finding tips, " Anything" to bring Her Home.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2009, 05:08:48 PM »

Another email I sent was to a Magazine in Canada - " Snowboard Canada"

This magazine is everything and anything to do with Snowboarding and sports alike in Canada. http://www.snowboardcanada.com
I sent them the surveillance video of Tori and the Unknown Woman - Hoping they could offer information on the " Woman's" Coat. Even if they could offer up the Manufacturer.
The coat to me looks like a Snowboarder's Coat and or Ski Coat - not a random coat you buy off the rack. Due to the Black inlays on the Coat itself. To me that defines a winter " Sport" jacket.

They make the coats like that with Bright Noticeable Colors for many reasons - One is if that person is LOST in the SNOW their Coat will be seen and identifiable.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »

Roots of Empathy is a new one to me. In my opinion, it seems to be a very unconventional teaching structure. I watched a video on it  and I have to say, it is not something I consider vital to learning, but I am a bit more logical then emotional.

Kids on Track? I am not quite sure if this is maybe an after school club that certain kids would participate in or if every child in school does.

I emailed Tori's Dad on Facebook with the link of the school and offered my Thoughts to him. I am sure he gets 100's of emails. I did tell him too that I was a Member of Scared Monkeys and that we have a Forum for Tori started. That we Would Do our Best to Aid in finding tips, " Anything" to bring Her Home.

I am glad you emailed the dad. I am not a member of Facebook (gasp) so would you mind also offering to him the other idea of a person from the nursing home approaching her and maybe using her grandfather being there as a tool to lure her? I wrote about it earlier. I do think the school connection could be something though.

Did you read about that empathy training? Maybe I am just a little bit more conservative (as my friends and family laugh! that is something, trust me), and at this point a little skeptical but it seems as though it could make a child more vulnerable to a person luring a child. I am all for empathy but with children I think the line can get a bit blurred.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2009, 07:56:36 PM »

Roots of Empathy is a new one to me. In my opinion, it seems to be a very unconventional teaching structure. I watched a video on it  and I have to say, it is not something I consider vital to learning, but I am a bit more logical then emotional.

Kids on Track? I am not quite sure if this is maybe an after school club that certain kids would participate in or if every child in school does.

I am glad you emailed the dad. I am not a member of Facebook (gasp) so would you mind also offering to him the other idea of a person from the nursing home approaching her and maybe using her grandfather being there as a tool to lure her? I wrote about it earlier. I do think the school connection could be something though.

Did you read about that empathy training? Maybe I am just a little bit more conservative (as my friends and family laugh! that is something, trust me), and at this point a little skeptical but it seems as though it could make a child more vulnerable to a person luring a child. I am all for empathy but with children I think the line can get a bit blurred.
TG you need to join Facebook - You can email him yourself. You have too = Smile

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2009, 08:32:44 PM »

Have they identified the father who was standing waiting for his own child that Tori and this woman passed? Perhaps he saw or heard something...
this is all very odd...this woman had to have known Tori, and Tori had to have known her in some way or why would she go with her...? Unless the woman knew the mom or dad's name or maybe she just said, your mom told me to pick you up etc....would this child have gone with  her?

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »

I am talking for now with Tori's Dad ..via facebook.
Pray for Tori

victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2009, 02:56:16 AM »

Pray for Tori
Glad to hear that.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2009, 08:27:31 AM »

Pray for Tori
Glad to hear that.

send him some prayers from us too Deenie...

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2009, 12:45:57 PM »

The roots of empathy program is in alot of schools in Canada.  Both my kids have been in the class.  It just teaches how to empathize with people.  They used a baby that one of their teachers had to show compassion towards a baby that can't explain what they want when they cry.  I'm hoping that it leads to a more caring generation.  That being said, my kids are well aware that adults do not need a child's help for anything and they need to ask permission to go anywhere.  I think teaching compassion doesn't make a child more vulnerable.  No offense.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »

Pray for Tori

I'm amazed at what the scared monkey can do...way to go...
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »

No offence taken Canadian monkey. I suppose it is natural to feel leery of that we do not know. This program seems so different in theory then anything I, myself have heard of.
To explain my thinking, I tend to feel when we teach a child empathy, it is important to also teach to think of ones self first. There is a balance to it in my opinion.  I fear it may give those with unhealthy intentions an "in" so to speak.
However, being a mom to a disabled child, I do understand wanting the world to feel more empathy, it would make my sons life a bit easier.

Deenie, Facebook and myspace sort of scare me I suppose. I don't want the whole world to know everything about me or how to find me. I guess I feel it leaves me vulnerable. My husband and I have chosen to not join.
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2009, 03:34:56 PM »

Tara was a no-show at her 1pm presser today. Rodney knocked and no answer. He then recieved a text message from Tara at 1pm to see she wasn't coming.
I haven't seen the presser yet, but apparently he did well.

There's also an odd development concerning the family dog. Story was it was missing, but it is currently at a vet hospital for close to a month. Rumour has it a good Samaritan is paying to get it returned to family.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2009, 06:38:15 PM »

David M. Smolin, “Child Laundering: How the Intercountry Adoption System Legitimizes and Incentivizes the Practices of Buying, Trafficking, Kidnapping, and Stealing Children,” ExpressO; Wayne Law Review 52.No. 1 (2006): 113-200.

Abstract: This article documents and analyzes a substantial incidence of “child laundering” within the intercountry adoption system. Child laundering occurs when children are taken illegally from birth families through child buying or kidnapping, and then ”laundered” through the adoption system as ”orphans” and then ”adoptees.” The article then proposes reforms to the intercountry adoption system that could substantially reduce the incidence of child laundering.

A MUST READ..

http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3679&context=expresso
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »

City animal hospital cares for Tori's pet dog
Posted 4 hours ago

The mother of a missing Woodstock girl has been given a few more days to pick up her 14-month-old Shi Tzu from an animal hospital in Brantford.

Tara McDonald, whose eight-year-old daughter, Victoria (Tori) Stafford, went missing April 8 after leaving Oliver Stephens Public School in Woodstock, where she was in Grade 3, had until Monday to pick up Cosmo.

But Dr. Sami Qureshi, owner of the Beattie Animal Hospital on Paris Road, said the clinic is making an exception because of the family's special circumstances.

Although many of McDonald's family members have called the clinic demanding that they be allowed to pick up the dog, Qureshi said they're legally bound to release the dog only to its owner.

"We're just like a hospital and we have to protect the confidentiality of our patients. We can't release information about the dog to just anybody who calls us."

The dog was taken to the clinic after it injured itself a few days after Tori went missing, said Tara's stepmother Sharon McDonald.

She said Tara McDonald received a letter from the clinic demanding full payment of a $1,400 vet bill before she could pick up the dog. The letter also stated that the dog would be turned over to the SPCA.

Qureshi said the clinic would never refuse to return anyone's pet because of an unpaid bill.

He said if Tara McDonald doesn't have the money to pay the bill in full, the clinic is more than willing to have her fill out a credit application and set up a payment plan.

"We can't hold anybody's pet because they don't have the monies."

In extreme circumstances, if an animal is not claimed by its owner within a reasonable time period, the pet will be turned over to the SPCA.

"We consider that animal abandoned."

Qureshi said the clinic tried to contact Tara McDonald on a number of occasions, through the mail and by phone, but never received a response. Still, they have cared for her dog.

"The pet is still here," he said.

Copyright © 2009 Brantford Expositor
http://www.theexpositor.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1563299
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2009, 12:08:55 PM »

I believe the vet probalby sent the letter demanding the payment, but it doesn't look good on Tara McDonald when the vet says she can come pick up the dog and pay whatever she can with a payment plan.  It looks like Tara was just saying it so she could get more money.  I hope they find Tori soon and the family can get out of the spotlight.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.