April 30, 2024, 11:31:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370160 times)
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »

Thank you for posting those articles Lovinlife!

I really hope this PI will be the answer to bringing Tori home. Not a day goes by I'm not thinking about her.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:38 AM »

Quote:

About four years ago, McDonald says, she was introduced to a pill that took the worry away, Oxycontin.

"It makes everything so happy when you're not happy. When you are worried and depressed and upset."

She's on a methadone treatment program now, she says.

END

Is she a Heroin addict ? 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2009, 01:23:28 AM »

No not herion which you inject I think.

There is some new style drug that is popular it seems with her generation. Oxyitocin(spelling???) or something. it is addicting but does not affect you as herion does. I believe it is a med given for certain mental health dx's?

I knew a girl who was addicted to herion, wow! there is no way that person could have taken care of 2 kids and have them be good, honest kids. Mcdonald's son is a sweet kid  and from what I have read about Tori, she is a cute, sweet little girl.
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2009, 01:27:40 AM »

Quote:

About four years ago, McDonald says, she was introduced to a pill that took the worry away, Oxycontin.

"It makes everything so happy when you're not happy. When you are worried and depressed and upset."

She's on a methadone treatment program now, she says.

END

Is she a Heroin addict ? 

Not exactly. Oxycontin is a very powerful prescription painkiller. It is known as 'hillbilly heroin'. Hense the methadone treatment for withdrawal from Oxy just as heroin. The opiate family.
Oxycontin is made to be time released. The abuse of it/street use is crushing it to kill the time release factor. Then snort or inject for the high.

On one hand it is good she seeked help for the addiction, but it would be a serious addiction to require methadone.

Also for her to say she was never in debt for using is really a denial statement.
Whether you drink or smoke or play bingo...your addiction costs money. Money better spent elsewhere.
Oxy is not cheap either!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »

No not herion which you inject I think.

There is some new style drug that is popular it seems with her generation. Oxyitocin(spelling???) or something. it is addicting but does not affect you as herion does. I believe it is a med given for certain mental health dx's?

I knew a girl who was addicted to herion, wow! there is no way that person could have taken care of 2 kids and have them be good, honest kids. Mcdonald's son is a sweet kid  and from what I have read about Tori, she is a cute, sweet little girl.

Opp! Wrong drug of choice, lol. Not into the drug research...here is a link to information on oxicontin. I think this is correct now!
http://www.drugs.com/oxycontin.html Seems like it is a prescription pain killer.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2009, 01:41:36 AM »

Amazing..

Thank You
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2009, 02:22:47 AM »

Edward from what I understand, this drug is used as pot was, but this one is physically addictive. The mom said it was a mistake and has gotten help. If it was a bad addiction to the point of being a helpless drug addict, I don't believe her children would be as well adjusted as they are. Plus, I would think with as much as we know about her, she would admit to a huge drug debt if only to get her daughter.

FWIW, I ended up joining facebook and wrote to both Rodney and Tara and told them about my theories. I also told both of them they needed to say they were sorry and stop the fighting, lol. Maybe they read what I wrote! J/K....My ex and I cannot be in the same room I give them credit for going  through this and only having one argument.

I am hoping we get more information with them using a PI. We have nothing....
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2009, 02:40:26 AM »

Edward from what I understand, this drug is used as pot was, but this one is physically addictive. The mom said it was a mistake and has gotten help. If it was a bad addiction to the point of being a helpless drug addict, I don't believe her children would be as well adjusted as they are. Plus, I would think with as much as we know about her, she would admit to a huge drug debt if only to get her daughter.

Did you not read my post in response to Edward?
Oxy is nowhere near the family of pot. Not sure where that came from.
We're talking similar to morphine. Huge difference.
Yes she sought help, but to need methadone to treat Oxy means it was a severe addiction.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2009, 07:52:21 AM »

There have been two arrests, LAST NIGHT, in the Tori Stafford case.
This breaking news came this morning @ 7:30 a.m. from CP24 t.v. channel.
A man and woman are in custody.  Apparently they were known to the family.
No details known about Tori at this time.

Imagine an arrests were made last night!   -  and press just learning of it this morning.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2009, 07:56:06 AM »

Victoria, it's my understanding oxycotin is an opioid (sp).
In Tara's own words, in a press release she gave she mentioned she had relapsed about a year ago after having been on a methadone program.
She's back on the program, according to her.

Her claim is that her addiction had no bearing on being a capable, responsible parent.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2009, 07:59:12 AM »

Victoria, it's my understanding oxycontin is an opioid (sp).(narcotic)
In Tara's own words, in a press release she gave she mentioned she had relapsed about a year ago after having been on a methadone program.

Her claim is that her addiction had no bearing on being a capable, responsible parent.

self edit for sp. and to add *narcotic*
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »

Imagine an arrests were made last night!   -  and press just learning of it this morning.
This is wonderful news Can!!! Going to search for info now.  God bless Tori and keep her safe until help can arrive!
Isn't it ironic how Canadian police make arrests and don't notify the press.  If it's a high profile case here in US, the press is practically invited.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2009, 08:02:42 AM »

With hope that little Tori will be found safe and sound.  Though I cannot imagine a child being wrenched from the life she has known, without suffering a great deal of trauma. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2009, 08:03:17 AM »

This is all I can find.  Can someone keep checking?  I've got to take my son to school!  Keep praying for her safe return...

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/05/20/9510571.html

Report of arrests in Tori's abduction

Wed, May 20, 2009
 Email Print Write Size: A A A Share:

By JOE BELANGER, LONDON FREE PRESS

A Toronto all-news television channel is reporting arrests in the disappearance of eight-year-old Tori Stafford but there’s no word on whether the girl is safe.

Oxford Community Police would not comment on the report that a man and woman known to Stafford’s parents was arrested last night, nor the well-being of Tori, last seen on April 8 walking with an unidentified woman along Fyfe Avenue shortly after leaving Oliver Stephens Public School at approximately 3:30 p.m.

A CP24 correspondent in Woodstock says a man and a woman have been arrested.

It’s the first reported break in a case that sparked a massive search by police and the public, an outpouring of public sympathy, rumours and accusations and growing frustration for her divorced parents, Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford, police and the public.

For more on this breaking story, please return to lfpress.com throughtout the day.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2009, 08:05:51 AM »

This is wonderful news Can!!! Going to search for info now.  God bless Tori and keep her safe until help can arrive!
Isn't it ironic how Canadian police make arrests and don't notify the press.  If it's a high profile case here in US, the press is practically invited.

Indeed it is good news - but I hope Tori is o.k. - off to jump between
news channels in other room. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2009, 08:06:36 AM »

I don't believe it, JMO.  Maybe now that she's in recovery but I believe there were really bad times in that household.  I've seen addicts neglect their children.  The drugs win, children lose, unfortunately.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2009, 08:08:42 AM »

This is all I can find.  Can someone keep checking?  I've got to take my son to school!  Keep praying for her safe return...

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/05/20/9510571.html

Report of arrests in Tori's abduction

Wed, May 20, 2009
 Email Print Write Size: A A A Share:

By JOE BELANGER, LONDON FREE PRESS

A Toronto all-news television channel is reporting arrests in the disappearance of eight-year-old Tori Stafford but there’s no word on whether the girl is safe.

Oxford Community Police would not comment on the report that a man and woman known to Stafford’s parents was arrested last night, nor the well-being of Tori, last seen on April 8 walking with an unidentified woman along Fyfe Avenue shortly after leaving Oliver Stephens Public School at approximately 3:30 p.m.

A CP24 correspondent in Woodstock says a man and a woman have been arrested.

It’s the first reported break in a case that sparked a massive search by police and the public, an outpouring of public sympathy, rumours and accusations and growing frustration for her divorced parents, Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford, police and the public.

For more on this breaking story, please return to lfpress.com throughtout the day.

Thanks lovin.  This is a Toronto station.  Wouldn't you think the Woodstock region would have learned of it first.  back to t.v.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2009, 08:10:12 AM »

I don't believe it, JMO.  Maybe now that she's in recovery but I believe there were really bad times in that household.  I've seen addicts neglect their children.  The drugs win, children lose, unfortunately.

I agree.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: May 20, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »

GlobeandMail.com

Christie Blatchford has just reported that police will give a press conference later today and that they are presenting combing an area about an hour out of Woodstock.
Details of Tori unknown.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2009, 08:27:51 AM »

I agree.

I agree as well....
this oxy stuff is called hillbilly heroin...powerful stuff...
I have seen the results of this addiction ....it takes over the person's life...nasty nasty stuff...

on another note...any more news in regards to an arrest? fingers crossed!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.